Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2023 4:39 pm  #1

M.A.N.T.I.S.

M.A.N.T.I.S.

Identity/Class: Human technology user

Group Membership: None

Affiliations: Dr. Chen, Taylor Savage, Lt. Maxwell, Alyx

Enemies: Solomon Box, Carl Hatch, Snakehead, The Veil, numerous other criminals and supervillains

Known Relatives: Dr. Arthur Hawkins (father, deceased), Carolyn Hawkins (mother)

Aliases: None

Base of Operations: Steel City, California

First Appearance: M.A.N.T.I.S. TV movie (Fox, August 26, 1994)

Powers/Abilities: As M.A.N.T.I.S., Miles Hawkins had enhanced strength, agility, and durability, as well as the ability to climb walls and project a sonic blast. His suit was also equipped with a variety of high-tech gadgets, including an electromagnetic grapple and a powerful energy shield. As a scientist and inventor, he was also highly intelligent and skilled in various scientific disciplines.

Height: 6'0" (as Miles Hawkins); unknown (as M.A.N.T.I.S.)

Weight: 185 lbs. (as Miles Hawkins); unknown (as M.A.N.T.I.S.)

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Black

History: Dr. Miles Hawkins was a brilliant scientist and inventor who was paralyzed in a random shooting while trying to stop a robbery. After being confined to a wheelchair for years, he developed a high-tech exoskeleton that allowed him to walk again and gave him enhanced strength and agility. Using his new abilities and technological arsenal, he became the vigilante known as M.A.N.T.I.S. (Mechanically Augmented Neuro-Transmitter Interception System) and dedicated himself to fighting crime in his hometown of Steel City, California.

As M.A.N.T.I.S., Hawkins fought numerous criminals and supervillains, including the telekinetic Solomon Box, the cyborg Carl Hatch, and the reptilian Snakehead. He was assisted by Dr. Chen, his former professor and mentor, Taylor Savage, a police officer and love interest, Lt. Maxwell, a police lieutenant who often clashed with M.A.N.T.I.S., and Alyx, a young girl who became Hawkins' protégé. He also battled the enigmatic Veil, a mysterious figure who had his own agenda for Steel City.

Eventually, Hawkins' identity as M.A.N.T.I.S. was exposed, and he was forced to confront the consequences of his actions as a vigilante. Despite this setback, he continued to fight for justice and protect Steel City, both as M.A.N.T.I.S. and as Miles Hawkins, the brilliant scientist who had overcome great adversity to become a hero.

(Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition#28 - BTS) - M.A.N.T.I.S. and other heroes from other dimensions were observed by the Grandmaster during the Contest of Champions.

Comments: Created by Sam Hamm.

M.A.N.T.I.S. was a short-lived TV series that aired on Fox in 1994. The show was notable for featuring an African-American superhero in the lead role, as well as for its focus on technology and science. The series was canceled after one season, but it has since become a cult classic.

Profile by: Calum Muir

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

3/05/2023 4:41 pm  #2

Re: M.A.N.T.I.S.

I doubt a human wrote the profile. I even more seriously doubt that the Grandmaster observed him.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera