Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2023 5:10 pm  #1

Jerry Lewis (Earth-12)

Since Jerry interacted with DC characters, in this case I am putting him in the DC section:

JERRY LEWIS

Identity: Public
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record
Place of Birth: Newark, New Jersey
Marital Status: Married
Known Relatives: Patti Lewis (wife), Gary Lewis (son), Scott Lewis (son), Christopher Lewis (son), Anthony Lewis (son), Joseph Lewis (son)
Group Affiliation: None
Base of Operations: Hollywood, California
First Appearance: The Adventures of Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis #1 (DC Comics, 1952)

History: Jerry Lewis is a comedian, actor, writer, and one half of the legendary comedy team of Martin and Lewis. Born Joseph Levitch in Newark, New Jersey, he began performing in vaudeville at a young age. In 1946, he met Dean Martin, and the two began performing together as a comedy team. They quickly became one of the most popular acts in the country, with a successful nightclub act, radio show, and numerous movies.

In 1952, DC Comics began publishing a comic book series based on the duo's antics, entitled The Adventures of Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis. Eventually, the title was changed to The Adventures of Jerry Lewis, and the comic continued to be published until 1971.

In addition to his comedy career, Lewis has also acted in numerous movies and television shows, and has written several books. He has been a prominent advocate for muscular dystrophy research, raising millions of dollars for the cause through his annual Labor Day telethon.

Powers/Abilities: Jerry Lewis is a talented comedian, actor, and writer. He has a quick wit and a talent for physical comedy, and is skilled at improvisation.

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown

Strength Level: Jerry Lewis possesses the strength level of a man his age, size, and weight who engages in moderate regular exercise.

Known Superhuman Powers: None

Weapons: None

Paraphernalia: None

Note: Although Jerry Lewis was a real person, he has been portrayed as a fictional character in DC Comics. The adventures depicted in The Adventures of Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis and The Adventures of Jerry Lewis are not meant to be taken as part of his real-life experiences.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

3/05/2023 5:12 pm  #2

Re: Jerry Lewis (Earth-12)

This one took a bit of back and forth:

Me: Write a profile for Jerry Lewis (DC Comics version) in the format of the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe

ChatGPT: Sorry, there is no official profile for Jerry Lewis (DC Comics version) in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe as it only covers Marvel characters. However, I can create a custom profile for you if you would like.

Me: Yes please

ChatGPT: I apologize, but it seems that Jerry Lewis never appeared in any DC Comics. Therefore, there is no canonical information to provide for a profile in the format of the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.

Me: Yes he did. Jerry Lewis appeared in the DC Comics series The Adventures of Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis, which later became The Adventures of Jerry Lewis.

ChatGPT: I apologize for the error in my previous message. You are correct, Jerry Lewis did have a comic book series in DC Comics. Here is a profile for him in the format of the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe:

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera