Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2023 6:49 pm  #1

Spike

Name: Spike
Aliases: William the Bloody, Hostile 17, Captain Peroxide
Occupation: Vampire, Vampire Hunter, Member of the Scooby Gang, Champion
Affiliations: Scooby Gang, Angel Investigations, Order of Aurelius
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 170 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Bleached Blond

Known Relatives: Anne Pratt (mother), Henry Pratt (father)

History:
Spike was born as William the Bloody in 19th century England. He was turned into a vampire in 1880 by Drusilla, who he fell in love with and followed for centuries. Spike gained notoriety for his brutality and love of killing, earning him the nickname "William the Bloody."

Spike arrived in Sunnydale in search of the Slayer, hoping to kill her and gain even more notoriety. He quickly became a recurring villain in Buffy's life, but eventually fell in love with her. He underwent a journey of redemption, eventually earning his soul back and becoming a member of the Scooby Gang.

Spike later moved to Los Angeles and became a member of Angel Investigations. He continued to fight evil alongside Buffy and the Scooby Gang, eventually sacrificing himself to save the world in the final battle against the First Evil.

Powers and Abilities:
As a vampire, Spike possesses superhuman strength, speed, agility, and durability. He has heightened senses and the ability to heal quickly from injuries. He is also immune to most forms of physical harm, including bullets and fire.

Spike is a skilled fighter and tactician, with centuries of combat experience. He is proficient in hand-to-hand combat, swordsmanship, and marksmanship. He is also a skilled tracker and hunter.

Equipment:
Spike carries a variety of weapons, including swords, knives, and guns. He also has a motorcycle, which he uses for transportation.

Limitations:
Spike is vulnerable to sunlight, which weakens and burns him. He can be killed by decapitation or a stake through the heart. He is also susceptible to mind control and manipulation by other powerful supernatural beings.

Threat Level:
Spike is classified as a high threat level due to his immense physical abilities and combat skills. However, he is generally considered an ally to the forces of good and has fought alongside Buffy and the Scooby Gang for many years.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

4/03/2023 3:30 am  #2

Re: Spike

Seeing as how 1880 was only 143 years ago, it's more appropriate to say that he's been a vampire for decades, not centuries.  It also would have been nice if mention was made of his contrarian and anti-authoritarian nature, and how much of a dick he was to everybody except Buffy before his soul was given back to him.  I'm in the minority of Buffy fans who think both he and his actor, James Marsters, are vastly overrated and that the exponentially growing attention paid to him wasn't just a detriment to the show, but ultimately led to its derailment.

4/03/2023 5:18 am  #3

Re: Spike

I think Marsters is a decent actor (he was more nuanced on Runaways) but I would agree that Spike got overused and the redemption arc rang a bit false. I do think that with season 5 the series went on a darker path that it probably would have gone on regardless of Spike.

Under History I would have mentioned his attempted rape of Buffy immediately prior to his attempting to regain his soul.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera