Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



8/05/2021 6:04 am  #61


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

SINISTER WAR #2 Cover C (Oct 2021)
Rhino 1

X-MEN #2 Cover C (Oct 2021)
Rogue 1

 

8/18/2021 2:48 pm  #62


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

SINISTER WAR #3 (Oct 2021) Cover C
Kraven the Hunter 1

 

8/23/2021 6:08 am  #63


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

About:
Forbush Man (Irving Forbush; Earth-665) Marvel Age #45 1 N, Not Branch Ecch #14 1 N vcov

Marvel reprinted the Marvel Age profile from #45 in the 2020 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Omnibus

 

8/27/2021 6:49 am  #64


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #72 Cover B (Oct 2021)
Vulture 1

 

8/30/2021 10:29 am  #65


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

New Avengers: Pot of Gold (AAFES 110 Anniversary Issue) (2005) Avengers 6pgs Reprint from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Avengers 2005..
Uncanny X-Men - Winter's End 01 (2019) Darkveil 1pg N

Last edited by Lonewolf36 (8/30/2021 10:34 am)

 

8/30/2021 10:37 am  #66


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

A question is Remo Williams/Destroyer considered Earth-616 if so Destroyer 8 (1990) has 4 Handbook profiles if it's not been covered here somewhere else.

Last edited by Lonewolf36 (8/30/2021 3:22 pm)

 

8/30/2021 11:09 pm  #67


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

Lonewolf36 wrote:

A question is Remo Williams/Destroyer considered Earth-616 if so Destroyer 8 (1990) has 4 Handbook profiles if it's not been covered here somewhere else.

As far as I know when a character is printed by Marvel this character is canon and in continuity the time he/she/it is printed so there is a Earth-616 version of Remo Williams (as Doc Savage, Godzilla, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Micronauts, Rom, Barbie, Tarzan, Zorro, ....)

 

9/01/2021 8:59 pm  #68


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

Missing from the main list.

Astonishing X-Men 07 (2018) Trading Card Variant Cover - Psylocke
Avengers 675 (2018) Trading Card Variant Cover - Avengers
Cable 154 (2018) Trading Card Variant Cover - Cable
Doctor Strange: Damnation 01 (2018) Trading Card Variant Cover - Mephisto
Guardians of the Galaxy 150 (2018) Trading Card Variant Cover - Gamora
Infinity Countdown: Prime 01 (2018) Trading Card Variant Cover - Infinity Stones
Infinity Countdown 01 (2018) Trading Card Variant Cover - Adam Warlock
Marvel 2-in-One 01 (2018) Trading Card Variant Cover - Thing
Ms. Marvel 25 (2018) Trading Card Variant Cover - Ms. Marvel
New Mutants: Dead Souls 01 (2018) Trading Card Variant Cover - Magik
Phoenix Resurrection 01 (2018) Trading Card Variant Cover - Jean Grey
Tales of Suspence 100 (2018) Trading Card Variant Cover - Winter Soldier
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 27 (2017) Trading Card Variant Cover - Squirrel Girl
Uncanny Avengers 28 (2017) Trading Card Variant Cover - Rogue
X-Men: Blue 21 (2018) Trading Card Variant Cover - Poisons
X-Men: Red 01 (2018) Trading Card Variant Cover - Namor the Sub-Mariner

Last edited by Lonewolf36 (9/01/2021 9:00 pm)

 

9/02/2021 2:21 am  #69


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

mal32 wrote:

Lonewolf36 wrote:

A question is Remo Williams/Destroyer considered Earth-616 if so Destroyer 8 (1990) has 4 Handbook profiles if it's not been covered here somewhere else.

As far as I know when a character is printed by Marvel this character is canon and in continuity the time he/she/it is printed so there is a Earth-616 version of Remo Williams (as Doc Savage, Godzilla, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Micronauts, Rom, Barbie, Tarzan, Zorro, ....)

Missed this when it was originally posted. 

Almost, but not quite. Anything published by Marvel is in their Megaverse, so it's canon somewhere. That doesn't guarantee it's 616. We assume it probably is if there's nothing in the stories that would contradict the possibility, and we've got confirmation in many cases when confirmed 616 characters turn up - but even then, as Transformers demonstrates, sometimes that gets retconned.

So out of the examples named the Marvel-published adventures of the following are definitely considered 616:
Rom, Micronauts, Godzilla, Doc Savage, Tarzan
These ones are assumed to be in 616 because nothing in their Marvel stories or Marvel's history would prevent it:
Zorro, Remo Williams. Probably Barbie - I haven't read the issues, so I honestly can't say, but I'd be surprised to find anything in them that made it impossible for them to be in 616.
Confirmed not to be in 616 (but do have some counterparts to Marvel characters in their realities, and 616 has some counterparts to the some of them):
Transformers, G.I.Joe
 

 

9/02/2021 6:53 am  #70


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

Loki wrote:

These ones are assumed to be in 616 because nothing in their Marvel stories or Marvel's history would prevent it:
Remo Williams

Additionally the Mystic Arcana handbook's unabridged appendix includes the Ghita.

 

9/02/2021 7:23 am  #71


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

I'd always assumed the Destroyer stuff was non-canon because such a character on 616 would be a huge game changer; in fact that seemed to be the consensus when this was brought up during the CxPulp days. I'm pretty sure the profiles are in the Non-Marvel thread. If they are 616, they're a bit hard to classify because the profiles are tongue in cheek, "written" by Chiun. I suppose they could be seen as Files but an argument could be made that because they're even more editorialized than the Heroic Age stuff "written" by Steve Rogers, they're closer to "Posters".

A few examples from the Conrad McCleary profile:
Hair: Dull red, like wire that has been carelessly left to rust in the elements.
Place of birth: Unimportant

And from Remo's own profile:
Base of operations: Wherever he operates is base, not to mention unkept and redolent of hamburger odor.

Even the artwork appears to have been "drawn" by Chiun or at least authorized by him. Definitely it's the characters as viewed from his eyes.


My photostream (over 5.6 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/
     Thread Starter
 

9/02/2021 8:39 am  #72


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

Yeah, not commenting on whether or not their Handbook-like entries should go with the others, just on whether or not Remo might exist in 616. I agree that his whole novel series would be a tricky fit, but it's probably not entirely impossible to make it fit.

 

9/02/2021 8:44 am  #73


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

Loki wrote:

Yeah, not commenting on whether or not their Handbook-like entries should go with the others, just on whether or not Remo might exist in 616. I agree that his whole novel series would be a tricky fit, but it's probably not entirely impossible to make it fit.

Fortunately the comics don't follow the books exactly so that makes it a slightly better fit, but there's still the issue of CURE having people who learn of its existence killed. If the Destroyer comics are 616, Professor X's brain should have long since been merged with the nearest concrete wall.


My photostream (over 5.6 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/
     Thread Starter
 

9/02/2021 9:03 am  #74


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

I would like to make a suggestion on the Non Marvel Handbook Thread could it be split into 2 threads such as Non Marvel Handbook (Marvel Related) which deals with anything with Marvel related and Non Marvel Handbook (Other) which has nothing to do with Marvel or Marvel licensed characters.

 

9/02/2021 11:15 am  #75


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

Lonewolf36 wrote:

I would like to make a suggestion on the Non Marvel Handbook Thread could it be split into 2 threads such as Non Marvel Handbook (Marvel Related) which deals with anything with Marvel related and Non Marvel Handbook (Other) which has nothing to do with Marvel or Marvel licensed characters.

I agree
 

 

9/02/2021 11:20 am  #76


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

Loki wrote:

mal32 wrote:

Lonewolf36 wrote:

A question is Remo Williams/Destroyer considered Earth-616 if so Destroyer 8 (1990) has 4 Handbook profiles if it's not been covered here somewhere else.

As far as I know when a character is printed by Marvel this character is canon and in continuity the time he/she/it is printed so there is a Earth-616 version of Remo Williams (as Doc Savage, Godzilla, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Micronauts, Rom, Barbie, Tarzan, Zorro, ....)

Missed this when it was originally posted. 

Almost, but not quite. Anything published by Marvel is in their Megaverse, so it's canon somewhere. That doesn't guarantee it's 616. We assume it probably is if there's nothing in the stories that would contradict the possibility, and we've got confirmation in many cases when confirmed 616 characters turn up - but even then, as Transformers demonstrates, sometimes that gets retconned.

So out of the examples named the Marvel-published adventures of the following are definitely considered 616:
Rom, Micronauts, Godzilla, Doc Savage, Tarzan
These ones are assumed to be in 616 because nothing in their Marvel stories or Marvel's history would prevent it:
Zorro, Remo Williams. Probably Barbie - I haven't read the issues, so I honestly can't say, but I'd be surprised to find anything in them that made it impossible for them to be in 616.
Confirmed not to be in 616 (but do have some counterparts to Marvel characters in their realities, and 616 has some counterparts to the some of them):
Transformers, G.I.Joe
 

You are absolutely right, of course, in fact Transformers and G.I. Joe live in Reality-91274 and/or Reality-120185; I had been superficial in my reply, sorry
 

 

9/02/2021 3:14 pm  #77


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

Do these belong here?
Marvel vs. DC had 1/2 pages of the Marvel/DC characters  of the fighters.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e4/e5/e2/e4e5e22f45a5e92601a913dbec675a01.jpg

Summer of Heroes promo comic with the Movie Universe characters.
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d0/82/c7/d082c7b5f292decbc5b37ce94d305cd3.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/21/cb/4d/21cb4dec7dcd2c7cef95c74043d4cc93.jpg


 

 

9/02/2021 5:55 pm  #78


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

Lonewolf36 wrote:

I would like to make a suggestion on the Non Marvel Handbook Thread could it be split into 2 threads such as Non Marvel Handbook (Marvel Related) which deals with anything with Marvel related and Non Marvel Handbook (Other) which has nothing to do with Marvel or Marvel licensed characters.

The problem there is a lot of books cover both, e.g. The Encyclopedia of Superheroes, The League of Regrettable Heroes, etc.

I have thought of doing a Master List for unofficial material but haven't gotten around to that yet because it's a huge time commitment.
 


My photostream (over 5.6 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/
     Thread Starter
 

9/03/2021 1:18 pm  #79


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

SINISTER WAR #4 Cover C (Nov 2021)
Lady Octopus 1

 

9/03/2021 9:38 pm  #80


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Lonewolf36 wrote:

I would like to make a suggestion on the Non Marvel Handbook Thread could it be split into 2 threads such as Non Marvel Handbook (Marvel Related) which deals with anything with Marvel related and Non Marvel Handbook (Other) which has nothing to do with Marvel or Marvel licensed characters.

The problem there is a lot of books cover both, e.g. The Encyclopedia of Superheroes, The League of Regrettable Heroes, etc.

I have thought of doing a Master List for unofficial material but haven't gotten around to that yet because it's a huge time commitment.
 

 
May I try to do it to help you?

 

9/04/2021 4:27 am  #81


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

Sure if you want to create such a thread, go ahead. If you do so, I can give you Moderator status for this section only so you can modify the first post at any time. Just leave out the role-playing game stuff as that's covered elsewhere. If you need help with the Marvel/Non-Marvel hybrid books, let me know as I might have the book handy and if so can tell you who who in the book is Marvel.


My photostream (over 5.6 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/
     Thread Starter
 

9/05/2021 10:13 pm  #82


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Sure if you want to create such a thread, go ahead. If you do so, I can give you Moderator status for this section only so you can modify the first post at any time. Just leave out the role-playing game stuff as that's covered elsewhere. If you need help with the Marvel/Non-Marvel hybrid books, let me know as I might have the book handy and if so can tell you who who in the book is Marvel.

Ok, let's try,
Another little thing: I see I have only 79 posts but in the past, in the other sites, I made other posts, I can't remember how many but could you add me more posts?
 

 

9/06/2021 3:53 am  #83


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

mal32 wrote:

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Sure if you want to create such a thread, go ahead. If you do so, I can give you Moderator status for this section only so you can modify the first post at any time. Just leave out the role-playing game stuff as that's covered elsewhere. If you need help with the Marvel/Non-Marvel hybrid books, let me know as I might have the book handy and if so can tell you who who in the book is Marvel.

Ok, let's try,
Another little thing: I see I have only 79 posts but in the past, in the other sites, I made other posts, I can't remember how many but could you add me more posts?
 

Sorry, I just checked the Admin area and that doesn't seem to be an option. And if I did that for you I'd have to do that for everyone, and there's no way of calculating that unless someone saved all there old posts. But since everyone's in the same boat, everyone's post count reflects the new site. Maybe the reduced post count for everyone was a delayed effect of the multiverse restarting at the end of the latest Secret Wars.
 


My photostream (over 5.6 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/
     Thread Starter
 

9/09/2021 10:34 am  #84


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #73 Cover B (Nov 2021)
Shocker 1

 

9/23/2021 7:49 am  #85


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

X-MEN #3 Cover B (Nov 2021)
Marvel Girl 1

 

10/07/2021 5:08 pm  #86


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

KILLRAVEN EPIC COLLECTION: WARRIOR OF THE WORLDS (2021)
Killraven 2 R-89
Killraven’s Freemen 1 R-89

 

10/14/2021 6:49 am  #87


Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

X-MEN #4 Cover C (Dec 2021)
Sunfire 1

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum