Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/15/2023 7:43 am  #481

Re: Gotta Catch 'em All Challenge #59 Marvel Live Update 2022-2023 4 of 9?

1613 Shirin, Ms Marvel

10/15/2023 7:43 am  #482

1614 Tobias Ford, AoS

10/15/2023 7:44 am  #483

1561 Hulk (Joe McQueen), Confessions of a Superhero

10/15/2023 7:45 am  #484

1563 Beth Quinn, Punisher TV

10/15/2023 7:48 am  #485

1565 Officer Minelli, DD TV

10/15/2023 7:52 am  #486

1590 Taylor, Blade the Series

10/15/2023 8:07 am  #487

Latest answers correct; list updated.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

10/15/2023 8:34 am  #488

Cleaned up non-actor clues:

1428. Original TV show character; 10s; No/X; student if any; Georgia?; previously resided in the same foster home as major character *O*A*
1505. From a TV show; based on comics; 00s; Amazing Fantasy - Stan Lee, Steve Ditko; No; unrevealed, possible student; New York City?; holds a giant toothbrush at one point SPI***-MA* (I won't ID the show but I'll add what the bit is called: SPI***-MA* M******)
1521. From a commercial; based on comics; 80s; Incredible Hulk - Stan Lee, Jack Kirby; unrevealed; United States; this is one instance where I used a loophole to get around my rule of not using characters from commercials played by the original actor **LK / S*A*S
1542. Original movie character; 10s; Yes; police officer; San Francisco; went to main character's prison cell and discovered he escaped O**I*** GAL*
1562. Original TV show character; 80s; police captain; Unted States; actress playing the character's first and last name start with the same letter as the start of the character's name G**BB
1566. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; unrevealed; New York City; aunt of major character **A*I* **LSO*
1568. Original movie character; 10s; No; news show worker; San Francisco; worked for main character's former show *I**A**
1571. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; insurance corporation employee; New York City; interrogated at her home by major character *A*YA MILLS
1575. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; senator; Oklahoma; took part in preliminary hearings as she came to sign legal documents designed to control and regulate the activities of certain individuals **A*Y SMI**
1577. Original movie character; 20s; Yes; unrevealed, possible student; San Francisco; brother of major character **I**A ****
1581. From a commercial; based on comics; 10s; Amazing Fantasy - Stan Lee, Steve Ditko; some sort of shipper; New York City?; delivered parcel to a familiar looking person SPI***-MA* / **I*** S*A**S POS*AL S**VI**
1582. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; baseball team Road Captain; New York City; organizes a food drive every Thanksgiving *OM B*LKI*
1593. From a TV show; based on comics; 10s; Mighty Avengers - Brian Michael Bendis, Alex Maleev; Partial; special organization agent; Bogotá; divergent version of cast character S*** aka *L**A *O**IG**Z
1595. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; private investigation firm head; New York City; contacted main character with the intention of absorbing their company and hiring them P*Y** ****G
1597. Original movie character; 10s; No; crane operator; New York City; got other crane operators to assist in getting main character to destination **OY
1598. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; federal representative; Italy; attended committee sessioin to discuss organization's involvement with superhumans BIA***I
1602. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; police chief; New York State; locked up major character after latter was arrested drunk and unable to pay for his drinks **I** *. W*LLI*S
1603. From a TV show; based on earlier character same continuity; 10s; Partial; police detective; New Orleans; mentor to someone he helped become a police officer ******IV* *AM*S *O**O*S
1607. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; construction worker; New York City; he and others liked harassing someone in workplace S***
1611. From a commercial; based on comics; 00s; Amazing Spider-Man - Gerry Conway, John Romita; criminal; New York City; waved tommy gun around *AMM****A*
1616. Original TV show character; 20s; Partial; soldier; [decline]; had to subdue someone by bending latter's arm around his back
1617. Original movie character but named after real person; 00s; No; medical examiner; New Orleans; noticed plantlife appeared in bodies; named after someone involved in comics VAL MAY**I*IK
1620. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; criminal; Los Angeles; was asked to kill major character S*A*K
1622. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; back-up dancer; New York City; friend of major character whom she was back-up dancer for KO*****Y
1624. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; driver; New York City;l heard his boss/major character talking to himself S*A*
1625. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; mobster; New York City; was told to collect money, but there was a bomb within the money *A**
1626. Original movie character; 10s; No; security guard; San Francisco ; worked for genetics corporation **WI* *O*A**
1627. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; ancient organization member; New York City; after being stabed, warned main character that the stabber was searching for someone he cared about Q*I**
1628. Original movie character; 00s; No; general; New York City; warned main villain that if the performance enhancers had not had a successful human trial within two weeks, he'd pull all of the funding and give it to their competitor G****AL SLO**M
1629. Original movie character; 10s; Yes; presumed student; Tennessee; life saved in part by someone he bullied
1630. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; criminal organization leader; Los Angeles; made a deal with villain to assist latter in building a weapon P**G
1633. Original TV show character; 20s; Yes; unrevealed; Brooklyn; befriended someone he was unaware had killed his son while not in his right mind Y**I *A*A*IMA
1635. From on movie; based on comics but different first name; 00s; X-Men - Chris Claremont, John Byrne; No/X; farmer; Canada (Northwest Territories?); offered shelter to main character **AVIS ***SO*
1636. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; hospital nurse; New York City; asked by mjaor character/friend to keep someone's fingerprints and data off the record. **LI*IA
1637. From a TV show; based on comics; 10s; Daredevil - Roger McKenzie, Frank Miller; Yes; handyman; New York City; hired to terrorize the homes of innocent people *OS*P* PIK*
1639. Original movie character; 10s; Yes; biker; Los Angeles; motorbike stolen by main character *** *O*
1641. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; personal assistant; Bucharest; took major characters to hidden underground room where latter were requested to perform surgery A*O* [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLMO]
1642. Original TV show character; 10s; Partial; assassin for terrorist group; Los Angeles; active in 1955 *O*
1643. From a TV show; based on comics; 10s; All-New, All-Different Point One - Charles Soule, Ron Garney; Yes; community centre operator; New York City; major character asked him to protect a couple people SAM**L ****G
1645. Original movie character; 10s; Yes; hospital doctor; New York City; was impressed by main character's memory and wondered how he could remember all the details he knew about songs and artists. **. PA**L
1646. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; unrevealed; New York City; fan of major character, whom she met on the street **A**I**
1648. Original movie character; 00s; Partial; unrevealed; New York City; mother of major character M*S. LI*B**MA*
1649. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; drug dealer; Harlem; was considered by barber to be "the craziest Puerto Rican in Harlem" ****O *IAZ
1651. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; corrections officer; New York City; was in charge of getting major villain into prison O**I*** ZA*OLI*SKI
1652. Original movie character; 00s; No; unrevealed; New York City; widow of star witness in criminal case M*S. GO**LO*K
1654. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; criminal, former stock broker; New York City; arrested after making the wrong stock deal S***A** *I****
1656. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; Marine turned special program worker; Boston; main contact between special program and major villain **ISO* PO
1657. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; senator; California; took part in major character's preliminary hearing *OS*P* W*B**
1658. From a commercial; based on comics; 00s; Fantastic Four - Stan Lee, Jack Kirby; presumed student; New York City?; battled main villain (kind of) I*VISIBL* WOMA*
1659. Original movie character; 10s; No; paramedic; San Francisco; called to respond to a shuttle crash *O*I*** WA*
1661. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; coerced criminal assistant; New York City?; employed and tortured by major villain ALVA *AMI**Z
1663. From a movie; based on comics; 10s; Amazing Spider-Man - Stan Lee, Steve Ditko; No; CEO/founder of science corporation; New York City; suffered all his life due to a degenerative disease; super-villain in the comics but not in the movie continuity for this specific version *O*MA* OSBO**
1664. From a movie; based on real person; 10s; Yes; TV journalist; Britain; reported on supporting character being arrested S**P*** S*O**
1666. Original TV show character; 20s; Yes; mystical group member; Jersey City; with others, banished from a dimension and formed their own group to get back *A*I*A
1668. Original movie character; 10s: No; presumed student; New York City; brother of major character SIMO* S*A*Y
1669. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; New York City; moved into an apartment with his father after parents' divorce VI*O A*O**O
1670. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; info sparse and I don't recall them; New Orleans?; first name of actress playing her is something you might see in winter *A*A [LOCKED; only one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVA]
1672. Original TV show character; 20s; Yes; owner/curator; Los Angeles; was mad when someone didn't call his magic show real magic *O***LI*S P. WILLOWS
1674. Original TV show character; 10s; No/X; underground group member; Atlanta; guarded headquarters gate SI**-*Y*
1675. Original movie character; 00s; No; police detective; New York City; helped stake out a party SA**IO**I
1677. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; terrorist group member turned personal aide; New York State; got a phone call informing her that targes had been spotted *A**I** L**
1678. Original short character; 10s; Yes; business pet; United States; "actor" shares name with a Royal Family of the Inhumans member BA* M*OK*Y
1681. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; reverend; Harlem; attended a rally *O** POP*
1683. From a TV show; based on comics (comics version's surname unrevealed); 10s; Runaways - Brian K. Vaughan, Adrian Alphona; Yes; university employee; Los Angeles; became addicted to a mysterious type of rocks that gave him enhanced strength and longevity; vampire in the comics but not in live action *OP*** VASQ**Z
1684. From a commercial; based on comics; 00s; Incredible Hulk - Stan Lee, Jack Kirby; unrevealed; United States; attended anger management session **LK / MO***AI* **W
1686. Original movie character; 10s; Yes; Air Force general, government body member; United States; watched a hacked TV message G****AL P*I*****
1688. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; probable student; New York City; potentially lost his ability to stand and walk after he was exposed to a substance AA*O* *AM**
1689. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; high school principal; Los Angeles; at school's annual Open House, Tezuka gave a speech to the parents of its students. MS. **Z*KA
1695. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; hospital clerk; New York City; helped unwell man and nurse after the man fell into the nurse and her cart A*GI*
1697. From a movie; based on comics; 00s; Daredevil - Roger McKenzie, Frank Miller; No; bar owner; New York City; served a recently acquitted man *OSI*
1698. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; police officer of sorts also paid by technology company; Italy; doublecrossed main characters in a train mission L**A **SSO
1699. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; Spanish teacher; Los Angeles; gave major character a C after an exam WAL***
1700. Original movie character; 10s; No; student if any; New York City; bullied by a group of kids when main character intervened and scared off the bullies *O*G*
1702. Original movie character; 20s; Yes; chancellor; China; assisted someone in search for another dimension **A***LLO* **I
1703. From a movie (deleted scene); based on real person; 00s; Yes; musical performer; New York City; subsequent to the deleted scene, was hired perform at villain's party G*OS**A** KILLA*
1704. From a TV show; based on comics; 10s; Daredevil - Frank Miller; Yes; small-time criminal; New York City; sought legal protection in the wake of a massacre G*O**O aka *LLIO* G*O**
1706. From a movie; based on real person; 00s; No; TV reporter; Los Angeles; worked for a different organization in a sequel than in an earlier movie LA**** SA****Z
1707. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; convenience store employee; Cincinnati; villains robbed his store for supplies AMI* [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLM]
1708. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; car thief; New York City ; with ally, picked the wrong car to try to steal L*A**** *OA*
1709. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; illicit photo studio owner; New York City; his studio specialized in sexual photographs of underage girls for profit *LIV*
1710. From a TV show; shares name with comics based characters but likely a coincidence; 10s; one version from Fallen Angels; No; high school student/cheerleader; New York City; was at cheer practice whilst high school basketball team practiced A*I*L
1712. Original movie character; 10s; No; arms dealer; Turkey?; worked with super-villain *OMA *IKAS*VI*
1714. Original TV show character; 20s; Yes; cultist; London; carried a crate of tomatoes **AS*
1715. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; unrevealed; United States; wedding guest who may have been able to resist the effects of a poison due to her alcoholism building up a tolerance *I***
1716. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; criminal figure; New York City; foced to attend major villain's wedding L*I*** ZYL
1719. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; drug dealer; New York City; supplied supporting character with drugs until he ran out of money *W*AKY
1721. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; medical academy student; New York City; her father loved to watch her play the violin *A*ALIA POLOZ**VA
1723. From a TV show; shares name with comics based characters but likely a coincidence; 20s; earliest such character probably from X-Men; Yes; cultist; Egypt; with others, captured and murdered main character's informant before he could talk ALP*A [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWL]
1724. From a TV show; birth name based on comics; 10s; Captain America - Dan Jurgens, Jerry Ordway; Yes; special organization agent turned welder; United States; his original name was shared by someone else who worked for the same organization (likely the writers overlooked the fairly minor earlier character) *AM**O* KL*I* aka *A*K **OMPSO*
1725. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; marijuana trafficker; Oahu; attacked by major character and someone else but he managed to capture them **A
1726. Original movie character; 00s; No; unemployed; New York City; ex-wife of major villain *MMA MA*KO
1728. Original movie character; 20s; Yes; unrevealed; Norway; wife of someone from myths G*A**
1730. Original movie character but named after character from non-Marvel TV sitcom 10s; decline to answer as earlier version is also name of show; No; house pet; San Francisco; the same cat previously played another character in another Marvel continuity; a lot of the odder worded broad clues relate to the earlier show's theme song M*. B*LV*****
1732. From a movie; based on comics; 10s; Tales of Suspense - Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, Don Heck, Jack Kirby; Partial; inventor, industrialist, chairman, electrical engineer, adventurer; New York City; diverged from main version shortly after a battle; time travel involved in divergence I*O* MA*
1734. From a TV show; based on earlier character same show; 20s; Partial; soldier; [decline]; counterpart of someone who collects and files evidence ****** K-#*
1736. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; police detective; Los Angeles; put in charge of the investigation on someone's death and issued a public statement indicating that he suspected the main characters of being involved with the death ******I** *LO**S
1738. Original TV movie character; 20s Yes; musician; [decline]; given a song written by the band leader about a holiday KO**OLBOOKALIA
1739. From a TV show; based on real person; 10s Yes; musical performer; Harlem; hired to perform at nightclub WILLIAM *A**
1741. Original movie character; 10s Yes; probable student; Tennessee; major ally of main character *A*L*Y K*****
1742. Original TV show character; 20s Yes; criminal soldier; Zürich; helped rob a bank
1744. Original TV show character; 10s Yes; unrevealed, possible housewife; Albany; became addicted to meth and neglectful of her son's needs ***LA **SSO
1745. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; oil rig worker; Louisiana; got a nickname from the severe burn he suffered during an accident MO*SI**** *LAMB*
1746. Original TV show character; 10s Yes; unrevealed; New York City; helped family member move into his new apartment as a super MA*I*A
1747. From a TV show; based on earlier character same continuity; 10s; Partial; unrevealed; New Orleans; noticed main character had boyfriend's wallet MIKAYLA B*LL [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLM]

Locked Characters:

Others that should be pretty easy now (remember the first word is sometimes just a salutation or "The"):

Tally (to be recalculated in near future)
Agents of SHIELD    11
Daredevil TV    10
Jessica Jones    7
Runaways    7
Punisher TV    5
Cloak & Dagger    4
Iron Fist    4
Venom    4
Amazing Spider-Man (2012)    3
Gifted    3
Inhumans    3
Iron Man 3    3
Luke Cage    3
Punisher: War Zone     3
Amazing Spider-Man 2    2
Falcon and The Winter Soldier     2
Howard the Duck    2
Iron Man    2
Moon Knight     2
Agent Carter    1
Ant-Man    1
Avengers: Endgame     1
Blade: Trinity    1
Captain Marvel    1
Burger King Kids Meal & Green Icee commercial (2005)    1
Captain America TV movie    1
Captain America: The Winter Soldier    1
Conan    1
Defenders    1
Doctor Strange (2016)    1
Electric Company    1
Fantastic Four (2005)    1
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance    1
Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special     1
[earlier incarnation of previously seen commercial with same lead]    1
Incredible Hulk Returns    1
Loki 1
Man-Thing    1
Marvel One-Shot: All Hail the King    1
[soft drink commercial]    1
Ms. Marvel    1
[department store commercial]    1
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings     1
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law    1
Spider-Man (2002)    1
Spider-Man 3    1
Spider-Man : Turn Off The Dark Commercial    1
Thor: Love & Thunder    1
Thor: Ragnarok    1
Thor: The Dark World    1
X-Men (2000)    1
X-Men Origins: Wolverine    1

Previous broad clues:

Hare are a few more board clues, which may or may not also relate to previous board clues. Maybe these will help and if so maybe we might live the good life yet.

Life is more than mere survival so I want to help with clues where I can, but I don't want to just give away the answers.

Sometimes things get turned around and no one's there (wonder if people have figured out why I've been doing these odd phrasings).

Two characters diverged from their main MCU counterparts at the same time (one was recently found).

More than one character is from a D'Spayre reality, not always the same one.

1498, 1648, and 1667 are related to each other plus someone identified in round 2.

Many of these are tough and you might be thinking, "Going to need all the help that we can get".

As noted last round, many non-reporters based on real people are from Luke Cage.

Going from memory, at least one more variant aside from the already found Jane Foster are from Avengers: Endgame.

The Conan character is not from the Batman Wants to Join the Marvel Universe skit.

For one non-human character, the type of animal/creature it is is in its name.

The Conan skit plays on something covered by one of the commercials another character in this collage is from.

Hangman clues:
Three letter words are often "The".
The first word is often the previously identified salutation or rank (e.g. Doctor, Captain, Detective).

10/15/2023 8:36 am  #489

Removing actors: Daniel Dae Kim (Raymond), Sunita Deshpande (Seema Nadeem), Heather Alicia Simms (Ingrid Mackintosh), Wood Harris (Gale), Sarafina King (Minuteman 90150), Thomas Kee (Thomas Guthrie), Tabitha Holbert (Delia Robinson), Tim Moriarty (Colin Dunbar), Dorian Gregory (Walter Thomas), Unknown (Doug, Tracy Smith, Spider-Man, Tom Belkin), Kelly Connell (Isaacs), Alex O'Loughlin (Eric Fraser), Shannon Harris (Gwen McIver), Richard Bekins (Parish Landman), Self (dressed as Marvel character but is documentary subject) [Hulk (Joe McQueen)], Alexa Davalos (Beth Quinn), Jeannine Kaspar (Trixie), Carleton King (Minelli), Dallas Liu (Ruihua Chen), Jan Bos (Edgar Lawrence), Thom Sesma (David Kurata), Victoria Castle (Susanna), Victoria Castle (Hayley), Malcolm Stewart (Taylor), Sakina Jaffrey (Shirin), Robert Baker (Tobias Ford).

That leaves:
Adaku Ononogbo
Adela Bolet
Alex Fernandez
Amber Stevens West
Andrea Burns
Andrea Leigh
Andrew Masset
Anne Carney
Ben Rezendes
Ben Thompson
Brett Leonard
Bridger Zadina
C. Thomas Howell
Camille De Pazzis
Carlo Rota
Cecilia Leal
Chris Cooper
Crystal
Cullen Douglas
Daniel Frith
Diana Tanaka
Dizzie Harris
Eliza Matengu
Emilio Rivera
Eugene Cordero
Francis B. Goldberg
Gabe White
Helmar Augustus Cooper
Indya Bussey
J.D. Evermore
Jacob Rodier and William Currid
Jaiden Stafford and Cade Woodward
Jalil Naciri
James Chen
Jan Luis Castellanos
Jason Jamal Ligon
Jazmin Luperena
Joel Gretsch
Jorge Vega
Kate Greer
Ken Takemoto
Kevin Chacon
Kevin McCormick
Korey Jackson
Laurence Blum
Leon Lamar
Liza Fagin
Lou Ferrigno and Unknown
Lucy Marinelli
Lynne De Bel
Malcolm C. Murray
Malikha Mallette
Mark Adair-Rios
Mark David Watson
Mark Medeiros
Max Cullen
McCaleb Burnett
Meera Syal
Michelle Lee
Murry Hammond
Natalia Cordova-Buckley
Paul He
Paul Salvatoriello
Philip Alexander
Robert Downey, Jr.
Robert Kazinsky
Ruth Aguilar
Sasha Hutchings
Self
Self
Self
Self
Shalin Agarwal
Shontae Saldana
Snow Nguyen
Stanley Anderson
Stephen Axelrod
Steve Suh
Steven Ted Beckler
Stewart Skelton
Taylor A. Purdee
Taylor Treadwell
Terry Chen
Theresa Russell
Tony Calabretta
Ty Simpkins
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown
Valorie Hubbard
Vincent Regan
Ziva

10/15/2023 8:59 am  #490

I decided it was time to redo the tally:

Agents of SHIELD    13
Daredevil TV    9
Jessica Jones    8
Runaways    5
Amazing Spider-Man (2012)    4
Iron Fist    4
Punisher TV    4
Venom    4
Cloak & Dagger    3
Iron Man 3    3
Luke Cage    3
Falcon and the Winter Soldier    2
Gifted    2
Loki    2
Moon Knight     2
Captain Marvel    1
Conan    1
Daredevil movie    1
Defenders    1
Fantastic Four Burger King Kids Meal & Green Icee commercial (2005)    1
Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special    1
Inhumans    1
Iron Man    1
Man-Thing    1
Ms. Marvel    1
Spider-Man (2002)    1
Spider-Man 3    1
The Amazing Spider-Man 2    1

10/20/2023 8:09 am  #491

1428. Original TV show character; 10s; No/X; student if any; Georgia?; previously resided in the same foster home as major character *O*A*
1505. From a TV show; based on comics; 00s; Amazing Fantasy - Stan Lee, Steve Ditko; No; unrevealed, possible student; New York City?; holds a giant toothbrush at one point SPI***-MA* (I won't ID the show but I'll add what the bit is called: SPI***-MA* M******)
1521. From a commercial; based on comics; 80s; Incredible Hulk - Stan Lee, Jack Kirby; unrevealed; United States; this is one instance where I used a loophole to get around my rule of not using characters from commercials played by the original actor **LK / S*A*S
1566. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; unrevealed; New York City; aunt of major character **A*I* **LSO*
1568. Original movie character; 10s; No; news show worker; San Francisco; worked for main character's former show *I**A**
1571. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; insurance corporation employee; New York City; interrogated at her home by major character TA*YA MILLS  [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLMOT]
1593. From a TV show; based on comics; 10s; Mighty Avengers - Brian Michael Bendis, Alex Maleev; Partial; special organization agent; Bogotá; divergent version of cast character S*** aka *L**A *O**IG**Z
1595. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; private investigation firm head; New York City; contacted main character with the intention of absorbing their company and hiring them P*Y** ****G
1597. Original movie character; 10s; No; crane operator; New York City; got other crane operators to assist in getting main character to destination T*OY  [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLMOT]
1598. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; federal representative; Italy; attended committee sessioin to discuss organization's involvement with superhumans BIA***I
1602. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; police chief; New York State; locked up major character after latter was arrested drunk and unable to pay for his drinks **I** *. W*LLI*S
1603. From a TV show; based on earlier character same continuity; 10s; Partial; police detective; New Orleans; mentor to someone he helped become a police officer **T**TIV* *AM*S *O**O*S
1607. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; construction worker; New York City; he and others liked harassing someone in workplace S**T
1611. From a commercial; based on comics; 00s; Amazing Spider-Man - Gerry Conway, John Romita; criminal; New York City; waved tommy gun around *AMM****A*
1616. Original TV show character; 20s; Partial; soldier; [decline]; had to subdue someone by bending latter's arm around his back ***T** *-##
1617. Original movie character but named after real person; 00s; No; medical examiner; New Orleans; noticed plantlife appeared in bodies; named after someone involved in comics VAL MAY**I*IK
1620. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; criminal; Los Angeles; was asked to kill major character S*A*K
1622. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; back-up dancer; New York City; friend of major character whom she was back-up dancer for KO*****Y
1624. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; driver; New York City;l heard his boss/major character talking to himself STA* [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLMOT]
1625. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; mobster; New York City; was told to collect money, but there was a bomb within the money *A**
1626. Original movie character; 10s; No; security guard; San Francisco ; worked for genetics corporation **WI* *O*AT*
1627. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; ancient organization member; New York City; after being stabed, warned main character that the stabber was searching for someone he cared about Q*I**
1628. Original movie character; 00s; No; general; New York City; warned main villain that if the performance enhancers had not had a successful human trial within two weeks, he'd pull all of the funding and give it to their competitor G****AL SLO**M
1629. Original movie character; 10s; Yes; presumed student; Tennessee; life saved in part by someone he bullied
1630. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; criminal organization leader; Los Angeles; made a deal with villain to assist latter in building a weapon P**G
1633. Original TV show character; 20s; Yes; unrevealed; Brooklyn; befriended someone he was unaware had killed his son while not in his right mind Y**I *A*A*IMA
1635. From on movie; based on comics but different first name; 00s; X-Men - Chris Claremont, John Byrne; No/X; farmer; Canada (Northwest Territories?); offered shelter to main character T*AVIS ***SO*
1636. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; hospital nurse; New York City; asked by mjaor character/friend to keep someone's fingerprints and data off the record. **LI*IA
1637. From a TV show; based on comics; 10s; Daredevil - Roger McKenzie, Frank Miller; Yes; handyman; New York City; hired to terrorize the homes of innocent people *OS*P* PIK*
1639. Original movie character; 10s; Yes; biker; Los Angeles; motorbike stolen by main character T** *O*
1641. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; personal assistant; Bucharest; took major characters to hidden underground room where latter were requested to perform surgery A*O* [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLMO]
1642. Original TV show character; 10s; Partial; assassin for terrorist group; Los Angeles; active in 1955 *O*
1643. From a TV show; based on comics; 10s; All-New, All-Different Point One - Charles Soule, Ron Garney; Yes; community centre operator; New York City; major character asked him to protect a couple people SAM**L ****G
1645. Original movie character; 10s; Yes; hospital doctor; New York City; was impressed by main character's memory and wondered how he could remember all the details he knew about songs and artists. **. PAT*L   [second word LOCKED (first word is title; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLMOT]
1646. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; unrevealed; New York City; fan of major character, whom she met on the street **A**I**
1648. Original movie character; 00s; Partial; unrevealed; New York City; mother of major character M*S. LI*B**MA*
1649. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; drug dealer; Harlem; was considered by barber to be "the craziest Puerto Rican in Harlem" ****O *IAZ
1651. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; corrections officer; New York City; was in charge of getting major villain into prison O**I*** ZA*OLI*SKI
1652. Original movie character; 00s; No; unrevealed; New York City; widow of star witness in criminal case M*S. GO**LO*K
1654. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; criminal, former stock broker; New York City; arrested after making the wrong stock deal ST*WA*T *I***Y
1656. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; Marine turned special program worker; Boston; main contact between special program and major villain **ISO* PO
1657. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; senator; California; took part in major character's preliminary hearing *OS*P* W*B**
1658. From a commercial; based on comics; 00s; Fantastic Four - Stan Lee, Jack Kirby; presumed student; New York City?; battled main villain (kind of) I*VISIBL* WOMA*
1659. Original movie character; 10s; No; paramedic; San Francisco; called to respond to a shuttle crash *O*I*** WA*
1661. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; coerced criminal assistant; New York City?; employed and tortured by major villain ALVA *AMI**Z
1663. From a movie; based on comics; 10s; Amazing Spider-Man - Stan Lee, Steve Ditko; No; CEO/founder of science corporation; New York City; suffered all his life due to a degenerative disease; super-villain in the comics but not in the movie continuity for this specific version *O*MA* OSBO**
1664. From a movie; based on real person; 10s; Yes; TV journalist; Britain; reported on supporting character being arrested ST*P*** S*OTT
1666. Original TV show character; 20s; Yes; mystical group member; Jersey City; with others, banished from a dimension and formed their own group to get back *A*I*A
1668. Original movie character; 10s: No; presumed student; New York City; brother of major character SIMO* STA*Y
1669. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; New York City; moved into an apartment with his father after parents' divorce VI*O A*O**O
1670. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; info sparse and I don't recall them; New Orleans?; first name of actress playing her is something you might see in winter *A*A [LOCKED; only one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVA]
1672. Original TV show character; 20s; Yes; owner/curator; Los Angeles; was mad when someone didn't call his magic show real magic *O***LI*S P. WILLOWS
1674. Original TV show character; 10s; No/X; underground group member; Atlanta; guarded headquarters gate SI**-*Y*
1675. Original movie character; 00s; No; police detective; New York City; helped stake out a party SA**IOTTI   [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLMOT]
1677. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; terrorist group member turned personal aide; New York State; got a phone call informing her that targes had been spotted *A**I** L**
1678. Original short character; 10s; Yes; business pet; United States; "actor" shares name with a Royal Family of the Inhumans member BA* M*OK*Y
1681. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; reverend; Harlem; attended a rally *O** POP*
1683. From a TV show; based on comics (comics version's surname unrevealed); 10s; Runaways - Brian K. Vaughan, Adrian Alphona; Yes; university employee; Los Angeles; became addicted to a mysterious type of rocks that gave him enhanced strength and longevity; vampire in the comics but not in live action TOP*** VASQ**Z
1684. From a commercial; based on comics; 00s; Incredible Hulk - Stan Lee, Jack Kirby; unrevealed; United States; attended anger management session **LK / MO**TAI* **W
1686. Original movie character; 10s; Yes; Air Force general, government body member; United States; watched a hacked TV message G****AL P*IT***T
1688. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; probable student; New York City; potentially lost his ability to stand and walk after he was exposed to a substance AA*O* *AM**
1689. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; high school principal; Los Angeles; at school's annual Open House, Tezuka gave a speech to the parents of its students. MS. T*Z*KA
1695. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; hospital clerk; New York City; helped unwell man and nurse after the man fell into the nurse and her cart A*GI*
1697. From a movie; based on comics; 00s; Daredevil - Roger McKenzie, Frank Miller; No; bar owner; New York City; served a recently acquitted man *OSI*
1698. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; police officer of sorts also paid by technology company; Italy; doublecrossed main characters in a train mission L**A **SSO
1699. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; Spanish teacher; Los Angeles; gave major character a C after an exam WALT**
1700. Original movie character; 10s; No; student if any; New York City; bullied by a group of kids when main character intervened and scared off the bullies *O*G*
1702. Original movie character; 20s; Yes; chancellor; China; assisted someone in search for another dimension **A***LLO* **I
1703. From a movie (deleted scene); based on real person; 00s; Yes; musical performer; New York City; subsequent to the deleted scene, was hired perform at villain's party G*OST*A** KILLA*
1704. From a TV show; based on comics; 10s; Daredevil - Frank Miller; Yes; small-time criminal; New York City; sought legal protection in the wake of a massacre G*OTTO aka *LLIOT G*OT* [nickname LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLMOT]
1706. From a movie; based on real person; 00s; No; TV reporter; Los Angeles; worked for a different organization in a sequel than in an earlier movie LA**** SA****Z
1707. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; convenience store employee; Cincinnati; villains robbed his store for supplies AMI* [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLM]
1708. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; car thief; New York City ; with ally, picked the wrong car to try to steal L*AT*** *OAT
1709. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; illicit photo studio owner; New York City; his studio specialized in sexual photographs of underage girls for profit *LIV*
1710. From a TV show; shares name with comics based characters but likely a coincidence; 10s; one version from Fallen Angels; No; high school student/cheerleader; New York City; was at cheer practice whilst high school basketball team practiced A*I*L
1712. Original movie character; 10s; No; arms dealer; Turkey?; worked with super-villain TOMA *IKAS*VI*
1714. Original TV show character; 20s; Yes; cultist; London; carried a crate of tomatoes **AS*
1715. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; unrevealed; United States; wedding guest who may have been able to resist the effects of a poison due to her alcoholism building up a tolerance *I***
1716. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; criminal figure; New York City; foced to attend major villain's wedding L*TI*** ZYL
1719. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; drug dealer; New York City; supplied supporting character with drugs until he ran out of money TW*AKY   [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLMOT]
1721. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; medical academy student; New York City; her father loved to watch her play the violin *ATALIA POLOZ**VA
1723. From a TV show; shares name with comics based characters but likely a coincidence; 20s; earliest such character probably from X-Men; Yes; cultist; Egypt; with others, captured and murdered main character's informant before he could talk ALP*A [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWL]
1724. From a TV show; birth name based on comics; 10s; Captain America - Dan Jurgens, Jerry Ordway; Yes; special organization agent turned welder; United States; his original name was shared by someone else who worked for the same organization (likely the writers overlooked the fairly minor earlier character) *AM**O* KL*I* aka *A*K T*OMPSO*
1725. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; marijuana trafficker; Oahu; attacked by major character and someone else but he managed to capture them T*A   [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLMOT]
1726. Original movie character; 00s; No; unemployed; New York City; ex-wife of major villain *MMA MA*KO
1728. Original movie character; 20s; Yes; unrevealed; Norway; wife of someone from myths G*A**
1730. Original movie character but named after character from non-Marvel TV sitcom 10s; decline to answer as earlier version is also name of show; No; house pet; San Francisco; the same cat previously played another character in another Marvel continuity; a lot of the odder worded broad clues relate to the earlier show's theme song M*. B*LV*****
1732. From a movie; based on comics; 10s; Tales of Suspense - Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, Don Heck, Jack Kirby; Partial; inventor, industrialist, chairman, electrical engineer, adventurer; New York City; diverged from main version shortly after a battle; time travel involved in divergence I*O* MA*
1734. From a TV show; based on earlier character same show; 20s; Partial; soldier; [decline]; counterpart of someone who collects and files evidence ***T** K-#*
1736. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; police detective; Los Angeles; put in charge of the investigation on someone's death and issued a public statement indicating that he suspected the main characters of being involved with the death **T**TI** *LO**S
1738. Original TV movie character; 20s Yes; musician; [decline]; given a song written by the band leader about a holiday KO*TOLBOOKALIA  [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLMOT]
1739. From a TV show; based on real person; 10s Yes; musical performer; Harlem; hired to perform at nightclub WILLIAM *A*T
1741. Original movie character; 10s Yes; probable student; Tennessee; major ally of main character *A*L*Y K*****
1742. Original TV show character; 20s Yes; criminal soldier; Zürich; helped rob a bank
1744. Original TV show character; 10s Yes; unrevealed, possible housewife; Albany; became addicted to meth and neglectful of her son's needs ***LA **SSO
1745. Original TV show character; 10s; Yes; oil rig worker; Louisiana; got a nickname from the severe burn he suffered during an accident MO*SI**** *LAMB*
1746. Original TV show character; 10s Yes; unrevealed; New York City; helped family member move into his new apartment as a super MA*I*A
1747. From a TV show; based on earlier character same continuity; 10s; Partial; unrevealed; New Orleans; noticed main character had boyfriend's wallet MIKAYLA B*LL [LOCKED; one letter remaining; can rule out XQZPBIYGVASKWLM]

Locked Characters (* = newly added):

Partially Locked Characters

Others that should be pretty easy now (remember the first word is sometimes just a salutation or "The"):

Agents of SHIELD    13
Daredevil TV    9
Jessica Jones    8
Runaways    5
Amazing Spider-Man (2012)    4
Iron Fist    4
Punisher TV    4
Venom    4
Cloak & Dagger    3
Iron Man 3    3
Luke Cage    3
Falcon and the Winter Soldier    2
Gifted    2
Loki    2
Moon Knight     2
Captain Marvel    1
Conan    1
Daredevil movie    1
Defenders    1
Fantastic Four Burger King Kids Meal & Green Icee commercial (2005)    1
Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special    1
Inhumans    1
Iron Man    1
Man-Thing    1
Ms. Marvel    1
Spider-Man (2002)    1
Spider-Man 3    1
The Amazing Spider-Man 2    1

Previous broad clues:

Hare are a few more board clues, which may or may not also relate to previous board clues. Maybe these will help and if so maybe we might live the good life yet.

Life is more than mere survival so I want to help with clues where I can, but I don't want to just give away the answers.

Sometimes things get turned around and no one's there (wonder if people have figured out why I've been doing these odd phrasings).

Two characters diverged from their main MCU counterparts at the same time (one was recently found).

More than one character is from a D'Spayre reality, not always the same one.

1498, 1648, and 1667 are related to each other plus someone identified in round 2.

Many of these are tough and you might be thinking, "Going to need all the help that we can get".

As noted last round, many non-reporters based on real people are from Luke Cage.

Going from memory, at least one more variant aside from the already found Jane Foster are from Avengers: Endgame.

The Conan character is not from the Batman Wants to Join the Marvel Universe skit.

For one non-human character, the type of animal/creature it is is in its name.

The Conan skit plays on something covered by one of the commercials another character in this collage is from.

Hangman clues:
Three letter words are often "The".
The first word is often the previously identified salutation or rank (e.g. Doctor, Captain, Detective).

10/21/2023 7:10 am  #492

1428 Norah, Gifted

10/21/2023 7:16 am  #493

1566 Jeannie Nelson, DD TV

10/21/2023 7:19 am  #494

1593 Seer, Elena Rodriguez of the Destroyed Earth timeline

10/21/2023 7:23 am  #495

1568 Richard, Venom

10/21/2023 7:25 am  #496

1595 Pryce Cheng, Jessica Jones

10/21/2023 7:26 am  #497

1571 Tanya Mills, DD TV

10/21/2023 7:27 am  #498

1597 Troy, ASM 

10/21/2023 7:28 am  #499

1598 Bianchi, AoS

10/21/2023 7:29 am  #500

1602 C. Wellins, AoS

10/21/2023 7:31 am  #501

1603 James Connors, Tyrone's perfect life, C&D

10/21/2023 7:33 am  #502

1607 Scut, Punisher TV

10/21/2023 7:39 am  #503

1616 Hunter H-98, Loki

10/21/2023 7:41 am  #504

1617 Val Mayerik, Man-Thing

10/21/2023 7:42 am  #505

1620 Shark, Runaways

10/21/2023 7:43 am  #506

1622 Kourtney, Jessica Jones

10/21/2023 7:44 am  #507

1624 Stan, Iron Fist

10/21/2023 7:46 am  #508

1625 Rafe, DD TV

10/21/2023 7:52 am  #509

1626 Lewis Donate, Venom

10/21/2023 7:54 am  #510

1627 Quinn, DD TV

Board footera