Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/26/2024 6:19 pm  #1

Turner D. Century

Aliases: None
Identity: Publicly Known
Citizenship: American
Place of Birth: Unrevealed
Known Relatives: Unrevealed
Group Affiliation: None
Education: Unrevealed
First Appearance: Iron Man #72 (January 1975) - Comic
History: Leonard Hebb, better known by his eccentric moniker Turner D. Century, is a wealthy and flamboyant individual who turned to a life of crime as a means of imposing his puritanical beliefs on society. Little is known about his early life or background, as he prefers to maintain an aura of mystery and grandiosity.Turner D. Century's criminal activities are motivated by a twisted sense of morality and a desire to rid the world of what he perceives as the decadence and immorality of modern society. To achieve his goals, he employs an array of high-tech gadgets and inventions, including a specially modified bicycle equipped with various weapons and devices.Despite his seemingly harmless appearance and eccentric demeanor, Turner D. Century is a dangerous adversary who will stop at nothing to achieve his objectives. He has clashed with numerous superheroes over the years, including Iron Man and Spider-Woman, using his advanced technology and cunning intellect to outmaneuver his opponents.While his schemes often border on the absurd and theatrical, Turner D. Century's fanaticism and single-minded determination make him a formidable foe. His confrontations with the forces of law and order serve as a reminder of the dangers posed by individuals who seek to impose their own twisted ideologies on society.Despite his recurring defeats at the hands of superheroes, Turner D. Century remains undeterred in his quest to reshape the world in his image. His continued presence on the criminal scene serves as a testament to the enduring nature of fanaticism and the dangers of unchecked ambition.
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 175 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Abilities: Turner D. Century possesses no superhuman abilities but is highly intelligent and resourceful, using his wealth and intellect to create advanced technology and gadgets to aid him in his criminal activities. He is skilled in hand-to-hand combat and is proficient in the use of various weapons and devices.
Accessories: Turner D. Century's primary accessory is his specially modified bicycle, which is equipped with various weapons and devices, including flamethrowers, sonic disruptors, and pneumatic claws. He also employs an array of gadgets and inventions to aid him in his criminal endeavors, including mind control devices and hypnotic inducers.
Notable Appearances:

• Iron Man #72 (January 1975) - Comic

Turner D. Century, also known as Leonard Hebb, is a wealthy eccentric and criminal mastermind who seeks to impose his puritanical beliefs on society. With his advanced technology and fanatical determination, he poses a formidable threat to the forces of law and order, serving as a reminder of the dangers of unchecked fanaticism.  

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

2/26/2024 6:20 pm  #2

Re: Turner D. Century

More incorrect than correct. He's Clifford Michaels who first appeared in Spider-Woman #33. He actually does have a specialized bicycle but he uses it for flight. Etc.

2/29/2024 11:43 am  #3

No mention of his death by Scourge at the Bar with No Name massacre, or of his resurrection by the Hood along with 17 other previous victims of Scourge.  Or of the fact that, somehow, he's one of only 5 or so of those resurrected victims who haven't been killed again (last I checked, I could be wrong).

2/29/2024 4:06 pm  #4

skippcomet wrote:

No mention of his death by Scourge at the Bar with No Name massacre, or of his resurrection by the Hood along with 17 other previous victims of Scourge.  Or of the fact that, somehow, he's one of only 5 or so of those resurrected victims who haven't been killed again (last I checked, I could be wrong).

I've noticed that in most cases where the subject of a profile was killed (even if they were subsequently resurrected), ChatGPT doesn't mention it, perhaps to avoid spoilers. The only instance that I recall it mentioned was Gwen Stacy.

Board footera