Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2020 9:16 am  #1

Official Index to the Marvel Universe #13

Historical text from Comixfan:

Eric J. Moreels

Nov 5, 2009, 06:30 am

Coming from Marvel in January...

OFFICIAL INDEX TO THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #13
Written by VARIOUS

Continuing the chronicle of the Marvel Universe, starting with Spider-Man (from Amazing Spider-Man #523 on), Iron Man (from Invincible Iron Man #2 on) and the X-Men (from Uncanny X-Men #514 on). Follow the history of the Marvel universe as it unfolds month by month with the all-new Official Index to the Marvel Universe. Each issue provides synopses for dozens of individual comics, including back-up strips, introducing you to the characters, teams, places and equipment that appeared within, providing vital information about first appearances, where they last showed up and where they appeared next!

64 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

Andy E. Nystrom

Nov 5, 2009, 11:47 am

Looking forward to it. Getting closer to hopefully featuring new titles assuming the series survives.

By the way, Amazon mentions that the Iron Man portions of the index will get a trade in April. Will there be any new material (I'm guessing that addenda will be incorporated), and will it share the same endpoint as the core title?

Stuart V

Nov 19, 2009, 04:35 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Looking forward to it. Getting closer to hopefully featuring new titles assuming the series survives.

By the way, Amazon mentions that the Iron Man portions of the index will get a trade in April. Will there be any new material (I'm guessing that addenda will be incorporated), and will it share the same endpoint as the core title?

Errata will be corrected hopefully; uncertain as to the endpoint being the same as the core title, though I suspect it will be.

Sidney Osinga

Jan 28, 2010, 10:33 pm

It's odd that up to two months ago, this book came out in the first week of month, and now it's out on the last week.

Anyways, here's what's in it:
Amazing Spider-Man #s 534-575
Free Comic Book Day: Amazing Spider-Man /Amazing Spider-Man: Swing Shift: Director's Cut #1
Amazing Spider-Man: Fear Itself #1

Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. #s 28-32
Invincible Iron Man #s 1-19
War Machine Ashcan Edition
War Machine vol.1 #s 1-17

Uncanny X-Men #s 490-514
Uncanny X-Men Annual #2
Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia
Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Exodus
X-Men: the Hidden Years #s 1-6

Stuart V

Jan 29, 2010, 03:15 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

It's odd that up to two months ago, this book came out in the first week of month, and now it's out on the last week.

We had a delay, not least because as we got closer to the present and the likes of Wolverine decided to guest star everywhere made trying to track the chronologies very time consuming. Sorry.

ToddCam

Jan 29, 2010, 04:13 pm

Oh, Wolvie. You are the most overused character. How can people not be sick of him already. Anyway, I truly appreciate the effort to track his absurd chronology.

So sorry to see this go...

Stuart V

Jan 29, 2010, 04:15 pm

ToddCam wrote:

Oh, Wolvie. You are the most overused character. How can people not be sick of him already. Anyway, I truly appreciate the effort to track his absurd chronology.

So sorry to see this go...

Go?

shazam2271

Jan 30, 2010, 06:46 am

Stuart,

I think ToddCam believes that the Index has been canceled. I understand that maybe its just on hiatus and will be back shortly. Still I am enjoying it as well as the handbooks and want to thank the whole handbook team for all their hard work

Stuart V

Jan 30, 2010, 07:14 am

shazam2271 wrote:

Stuart,

I think ToddCam believes that the Index has been canceled. I understand that maybe its just on hiatus and will be back shortly. Still I am enjoying it as well as the handbooks and want to thank the whole handbook team for all their hard work

No, we're not cancelled, just taking a breather as we prepare for round 2. And thanks for the thanks.

ToddCam

Jan 30, 2010, 10:54 am

Oh, you made my day!

rplss

Jan 30, 2010, 11:44 pm

Ah, UXM #514 is shown on the cover in the solicit, UXM #495 made it onto the cover but the first issue in the X-Men series indexed is #490!

I thought the comic covers shown on the front cover were matching the first issue of the series indexed within. I suppose not for this issue, but it's puzzling how it could happen. What's up with that?

By the way, I found no fewer than FOUR amazing things in this issue that I simply did not know about. Well, they are minor details, but it excited me to learn them, seeing as how they were from four issues that I really thought I knew everything about.... This is exactly what these issues are supposed to be: a reference for those who seek a level of detail unattainable anywhere else from a reliable source close to the origin, perfect! I'm thrilled!

Stuart V

Jan 31, 2010, 05:18 am

rplss wrote:

Ah, UXM #514 is shown on the cover in the solicit, UXM #495 made it onto the cover but the first issue in the X-Men series indexed is #490!

I thought the comic covers shown on the front cover were matching the first issue of the series indexed within. I suppose not for this issue, but it's puzzling how it could happen. What's up with that?

Simply put, it was something we overlooked. We were so busy trying to scour entries within to spot any mistakes needing corrected that none of us even thought to consider there was such a silly error on the cover until we'd already gone to print. I think it's the same kind of psychological thing that happens whenever someone else proofs your work, spots really obvious mistakes and then you kick yourself wondering how you could have missed that - it's because your mind knew what should have been there, and so your subconscious just assumed it was and didn't process the info coming from your eyes.

jephyork

Feb 6, 2010, 01:11 am

Aaaand the No-Prize goes to rplss. Crud -- I was hoping it might slip under everyone's radar forever. ;)

Ah well, at least it took the internet three whole days to notice our nice big goof.

-Jeph!

Eric J. Moreels

Feb 7, 2010, 07:14 am

jephyork wrote:

Ah well, at least it took the internet three whole days to notice our nice big goof.

Reverting to name-calling now, Jeph?

LOL

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera