Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2020 2:53 pm  #1

Official Index to the Marvel Universe: The Avengers, Thor & Captain A2

Historical text from Comixfan:

Eric J. Moreels

Apr 24, 2010, 09:37 pm

Coming from Marvel in June...

OFFICIAL INDEX TO THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: THE AVENGERS, THOR & CAPTAIN AMERICA #2
Written by VARIOUS

The chronicle of the Marvel Universe returns as the All-New Official Index to the Marvel Universe delves into the history of three more of Marvel’s most enduring titles! Return with us to the Silver and Golden Ages as we launch our coverage of the Avengers (from Avengers #63), Thor (from Journey into Mystery #121), and Captain America (from both Captain America #156 and 1941’s Captain America Comics #6). Watch the Marvel universe’s history unfold month by month as each issue provides synopses for dozens of individual comics, including back-up strips, introducing the characters, teams, places and equipment that appeared within, providing vital information about first appearances, where they last showed up and where they appeared next!

64 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

Sidney Osinga

Jun 3, 2010, 06:15 pm

Out this week. Here's what's in it:

Avengers #40-79
Avengers King-Size Special (Annual)#1,2

Captain America Comics #6-9
Captain America #129-158
Captain America Special (Annual) #1,2

Journey into Mystery #110-125
Journey into Mystery Annual #1
Thor #126-144
Thor Special (Annual) #2

Sidney Osinga

Jun 5, 2010, 01:01 am

Started reading this, and I'm curious about a few things. What does LOC stand for? Why was the Avengers Special #2 placed where it was? Not only was a book that came out in September 1968 placed after one that came out in October of that year, but since the story continued from Avengers #56, it would make more sense instead of breaking up the continued story in #57-58.

Finally, if this series does well, would it be too much to assume that there would be a third series covering the Fantastic Four, Incredible Hulk, and Daredevil?

Eric J. Moreels

Jun 5, 2010, 07:00 am

Some more questions, mostly regarding consistency between sections:

King-Size Specials - Avengers lists them as such; however, Captain America & Thor reference them only as Specials.

Logo changes - Captain America notes this for the addition of "and the Falcon"; however Avengers did not for #62-69 with the addition of "The Mighty" to the logo.

Also, JiM ending & becoming Thor wasn't mentioned in notes. Plus there's no chronology listed for Thor between JiM #125 and Thor #126. Yes, it's fairly obvious that JiM #125 continues on into Thor #126, but given they're technically different series' this should be at least mentioned somewhere, if not specified in the chronology.

ToddCam

Jun 7, 2010, 01:08 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

What does LOC stand for?

Why, Letter, Of Course!

ChrisMcCarver

Jul 5, 2010, 03:35 pm

ToddCam wrote:

Why, Letter, Of Course!

Close. "Letter of Comment."

Stuart V

Jul 31, 2010, 08:17 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Started reading this, and I'm curious about a few things. What does LOC stand for?

Letter of Comment, as Chris noted.

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Why was the Avengers Special #2 placed where it was? Not only was a book that came out in September 1968 placed after one that came out in October of that year, but since the story continued from Avengers #56, it would make more sense instead of breaking up the continued story in #57-58.

Yes. We goofed. Sorry, and thanks for spotting it and bringing it to our attention.

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Finally, if this series does well, would it be too much to assume that there would be a third series covering the Fantastic Four, Incredible Hulk, and Daredevil?

If we sell well, I'd hope we'd get the green light for another volume. But (1) it's too early to tell, and (2) I couldn't say which titles we'd cover - that's not our decision.

Eric J. Moreels wrote:

Some more questions, mostly regarding consistency between sections:

King-Size Specials - Avengers lists them as such; however, Captain America & Thor reference them only as Specials.

Logo changes - Captain America notes this for the addition of "and the Falcon"; however Avengers did not for #62-69 with the addition of "The Mighty" to the logo.

Also, JiM ending & becoming Thor wasn't mentioned in notes. Plus there's no chronology listed for Thor between JiM #125 and Thor #126. Yes, it's fairly obvious that JiM #125 continues on into Thor #126, but given they're technically different series' this should be at least mentioned somewhere, if not specified in the chronology.

Not really questions or errors as such, but yes, there's some inconsistency between sections, largely because each editor concentrates on different sections. Valid comments nonetheless - I'll pass them on, and if /when there's TPBs we will likely amend things.

Norman Rocks

Oct 11, 2010, 10:31 pm

Stuart V wrote:

Letter of Comment, as Chris noted.

If we sell well, I'd hope we'd get the green light for another volume. But (1) it's too early to tell, and (2) I couldn't say which titles we'd cover - that's not our decision.

When will we know If there will be a third volume? What can we do to insure more volumes? Who decides what titles are indexed? Any chance of listing LOCs for volume one on this site?

Stuart V

Oct 12, 2010, 03:05 pm

Norman Rocks wrote:

When will we know If there will be a third volume?

Probably not until near the end of this run. At the moment we don't know either.

Norman Rocks wrote:

What can we do to insure more volumes?

Only sales will dictate that - though it may be that the TPB sales are enough to allow for the lower individual sales.

Norman Rocks wrote:

Who decides what titles are indexed?

Editorial, though we have some leeway within their choices (e.g. once they picked Iron Man for vol. 1, we were able to convince them to let us include War Machine as part of that; similarly they chose Uncanny X-Men, but Hidden Years being incorporated to that was our suggestion).

Norman Rocks wrote:

Any chance of listing LOCs for volume one on this site?

I don't have time to personally pick those out and list them, but I have no objection whatsoever to anyone else doing so and posting them here.

jephyork

Nov 17, 2010, 06:05 pm

Letters of comment have been added to the X-Men Index TPB.

-Jeph!

Last edited by Andy E. Nystrom (1/10/2020 2:55 pm)

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera