Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2020 3:15 pm  #1

Official Index to the Marvel Universe: Avengers, Thor & Captain Amer15

Historical text from Comixfan:

Andy E. Nystrom
Apr 14, 2011, 09:55 pm

Coming in July

Written by VARIOUS
The chronicle of the Marvel Universe concludes its coverage of the Avengers (from 2001’s AVENGERS #41). Watch the Marvel universe’s history unfold month by month as we provide synopses for dozens of individual comics, including back-up strips — introducing the characters, teams, places and equipment that appeared within with vital information about first appearances, where they last showed up and where they appeared next!
64 PGS./Rated A ...$3.99

Here's hoping that the movies make the trades sell well enough to warrant another round!

Roger Ott

Apr 15, 2011, 10:36 am

So, the Avengers is all that's left. Maybe they'll include the West Coast Avengers run in there, too!

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 15, 2011, 01:41 pm

Roger Ott wrote:

So, the Avengers is all that's left. Maybe they'll include the West Coast Avengers run in there, too!

That would be nice. One thing we are definitely getting is the complete first New Avengers series, since aside from Avengers#1 the cover image shows New Avengers #1 and Finale.

Sidney Osinga

Apr 15, 2011, 01:41 pm

Roger Ott wrote:

Sounds unlikely, since there are ten years of Avengers comics to be in this issue, and if there is space, it would probably go to shorter run series like Mighty Avengers or Dark Avengers rather than a series with 100+ issues.

Roger Ott

Apr 15, 2011, 03:24 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

That would be nice. One thing we are definitely getting is the complete first New Avengers series, since aside from Avengers#1 the cover image shows New Avengers #1 and Finale.

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Sounds unlikely, since there are ten years of Avengers comics to be in this issue, and if there is space, it would probably go to shorter run series like Mighty Avengers or Dark Avengers rather than a series with 100+ issues.

Didn't look at the cover image, so it stands to reason that the WCA will probably not make it. Ah well.

Roger Ott

Apr 27, 2011, 12:28 pm

Since Thor and Cap are both getting trades of their respective Index entries released around the time their movies debut, I wonder if the Avengers coverage will continue on in the third Index volume with a huge trade being released next year for the movie?

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 27, 2011, 05:02 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Since Thor and Cap are both getting trades of their respective Index entries released around the time their movies debut, I wonder if the Avengers coverage will continue on in the third Index volume with a huge trade being released next year for the movie?

Well, this is the last issue of the second series, but it's conceivable that the third series will have West Coast Avengers etc. If a new round of Avengers started up I could see there being two trades. The current index trades are pretty thick as is.

Captain Brighton

Jul 6, 2011, 10:02 am

Out today, including

Avengers #37-84
Avengers Annual 2001
Avengers Finale #1
New Avengers #61-64
New Avengers Annual #1-3
New Avengers Finale #1

ultrabasurero

Jul 6, 2011, 05:59 pm

Captain Brighton wrote:

Out today, including

Avengers #37-84
Avengers Annual 2001
Avengers Finale #1
New Avengers #61-64
New Avengers Annual #1-3
New Avengers Finale #1

I'm assuming #500-503 is in there and that New Avengers is supposed to be #1-64 instead of #61-64, correct?

I've also wondered what would happen if Marvel decides to go back to original numbering for Avengers. Do they start counting 504 as the current Avengers #1? Or do they count New Avengers Vol 1 as a continuation of Avengers and following #64 continue to Avengers #1?

golden_guardian

Jul 6, 2011, 07:28 pm

There seem to be some missing issues for Spider-Man's chronology. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 24 and Sensational Spider-Man 41 are missing after New Avengers Annual 2. ASM Family 3/4, Spider-Man & The Human Torch in Bahia de los Muertos, Wolverine 74/2, and ASM Extra 2/2 are missing after New Avengers 50. ASM Family 7, ASM Annual 36, and ASM 600/4 and 600/6 are missing after New Avengers 54.
Also I noticed that his chronology after New Avengers 38 has Spider-Man Family issues listed but I think those should be Amazing Spider-Man Family (at least that is what previous indexes have)

golden_guardian

Jul 6, 2011, 09:35 pm

Also, the chronology for Spider-Man after New Avengers Annual 3 says that he appeared in a Moon Knight 3 & 5-6 in 2010. What series is that?

Captain Brighton

Jul 7, 2011, 04:14 am

ultrabasurero wrote:

I'm assuming #500-503 is in there and that New Avengers is supposed to be #1-64 instead of #61-64, correct?

Yeah, my bad. I'll leave this to the professionals in future!

It should be:

Avengers #37-84, 500-503
Avengers Annual 2001
Avengers Finale #1
New Avengers #1-64
New Avengers Annual #1-3
New Avengers Finale #1

Stuart V

Jul 7, 2011, 08:06 am

We're checking into the chronology queries.

JusticeGH

Jul 9, 2011, 03:02 am

Great work as always!

Random art correction:

Avengers # 81 (2004) has cover pencils by Scott Kolins, not David Finch as listed. This one is confirmed by Kolins' signature visible in the image.

JusticeGH

Jul 9, 2011, 03:09 am

Oh and Adi Granov isn't credited for the cover art for New Avengers # 24, nor is Aleksi Briclot credited for the cover art for NA # 40.

Hazanko

Jul 21, 2011, 03:30 pm

Great work all around. I'm really grateful to the team for putting the indices together so I hate to nitpick, but it looks like Astonishing X-Men #31-35 and Astonishing X-Men: Xenogenesis #1-5 are missing from Wolverine's chronology.

jephyork

Jul 25, 2011, 05:12 pm

Hazanko, do those issues occur before "Utopia"?

-Jeph!

Hazanko

Jul 28, 2011, 11:43 pm

Almost certainly. The active X-Men headquarters is explicitly shown to be in Marin in Astonishing #32. Their base in Xenogenesis is less explicit, but it does not appear to be Utopia. The biggest clue however, is that Beast is still with the team, and utterly angst free.

jephyork

Aug 1, 2011, 12:51 am

Thanks! They'll be placed in their proper sequence when the Wolvie Index hits that point in his chronology.

-Jeph!

jephyork

Aug 9, 2011, 03:21 pm

We also added them to the Avengers Index GN. Thanks again for the heads-up!

-Jeph!

JusticeGH

Sep 1, 2012, 04:48 pm

Just reading this now.

Super-random art issue--the images for Avengers #'s 39 and 40 (2001) show half a Thor face where Vision was on the original issues' cover corner boxes. This was repeated in the TPB.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera