Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2020 3:48 pm  #1

Wolverine, Punisher & Ghost Rider: Official Index to the Marvel Unive5

Historical text from Comixfan:

Andy E. Nystrom

Sep 27, 2011, 11:29 pm

Coming in December; would probably make a nice Christmas present

Written by VARIOUS
The chronicle of the Marvel Universe continues its coverage of Wolverine (from 1999’s WOLVERINE #142), the Punisher (from 2003’s PUNISHER #21) and Ghost Rider (from 1997’s GHOST RIDER #88). Watch the Marvel Universe’s history unfold month by month as we provide synopses for dozens of individual comics, including backup strips — introducing the characters, teams, places and equipment that appeared within; and providing vital information about first appearances, where they last showed up and where they appeared next!
64 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Hope we get trades of these three even with the recent bad news.

Sidney Osinga

Sep 28, 2011, 12:37 am

I wonder if the Punisher MAX series is going to be covered, since it's not set in theregular Marvel Universe, or whether some of the other Punisher series, such as War Lournal, will be covered instead.

Also, I can't imagine the Ghost Rider section continuing much longer after this issue. There simply aren't enough books.

Roger Ott

Sep 28, 2011, 02:17 am

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Hope we get trades of these three even with the recent bad news.

Same here! I need them to fill that nice little reserved spot on my reference shelf!

Stuart V

Sep 29, 2011, 07:08 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

I wonder if the Punisher MAX series is going to be covered, since it's not set in theregular Marvel Universe, or whether some of the other Punisher series, such as War Lournal, will be covered instead.

As I pointed out to the other writers when we were discussing what gets included, it's the Punisher (title) index, not Punisher (character) index.

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Also, I can't imagine the Ghost Rider section continuing much longer after this issue. There simply aren't enough books.

You'd be right. But there's a reason for Ghost Rider getting finished early.

Roger Ott wrote:

Same here! I need them to fill that nice little reserved spot on my reference shelf!

Trades are planned, BUT so was a fourth volume. Plans change, and it all depends on sales.

Andy E. Nystrom

Sep 29, 2011, 07:56 am

Stuart V wrote:

You'd be right. But there's a reason for Ghost Rider getting finished early.

If it's the reason I'm thinking of, it occurs to me that if Nicolas Cage, a known comic book geek, were to mention the Index on a talk show, sales might improve a bit. Obviously not something you can cause to happen directly, but maybe the idea could get passed along even if it takes a few steps? I checked twitter but it's swamped with imposters.

Sidney Osinga

Dec 21, 2011, 01:37 pm

Out today. Here's what's covered.

Ghost Rider (2005 mini series) #s 3-6
Ghost Rider (2006) #s 1-35
Ghost Rider Annual #s 1,2
Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch #s 1-5
Ghost Rider: Heaven’s on Fire #s 1-3

Punisher (2001) #s 27-37
Born #1-4
Punisher (2004 MAX) #s 1-30
Punisher: the Cell # 1
Punisher: the Tyger #1

Wolverine (1988) #s 134-169
Wolverine/Cable # 1
Wolverine ‘99
Wolverine 2000
Wolverine: Son of Canada # 1

Andy E. Nystrom

Dec 21, 2011, 05:27 pm

I'm happy to get this as well. Other than brief notes, this is the first time that the MAX Punisher has gotten any official coverage in Marvel reference works. He's been a major player for seven years and I'm happy to see him get his due in some fashion. It may not be a Handbook entry but that's fine because if anything he gets even more coverage this way.

Stuart V

Dec 21, 2011, 06:14 pm

It's a minor thing, but one I find myself excessively happy about is that, because the stories were recent and thus we could access scripts and ask creators about stuff still fresh in the memory, we were able to include details about cameo characters shown in various montages (some more than others) - for example, revealing the names some of the past Ghost Riders, and clarifying some background details on others. There's still plenty left for writers down the line to flesh out, but we've been able to reveal a little extra about those tantalising glimpses we were given.

JusticeGH

Dec 22, 2011, 01:43 am

Stuart V wrote:

It's a minor thing, but one I find myself excessively happy about is that, because the stories were recent and thus we could access scripts and ask creators about stuff still fresh in the memory, we were able to include details about cameo characters shown in various montages (some more than others) - for example, revealing the names some of the past Ghost Riders, and clarifying some background details on others. There's still plenty left for writers down the line to flesh out, but we've been able to reveal a little extra about those tantalising glimpses we were given.

Very cool! That's the kind of stuff that makes these books really shine! Thanks for doing the extra work!

JusticeGH

Dec 22, 2011, 02:55 am

I'd bet anything the cover to Ghost Rider # 13 (2007) is by Gabrielle Dell'Otto...not Mark Texeira as listed. I'm trying to confirm via anything other than my own visual inspection. Dell'otto was listed in the solicitation (which we know isn't always accurate), but that's the only evidence I can find other than visual analysis.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera