Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/14/2020 3:45 pm  #1

OHotMU A-Z Vol. 2 Premiere HC

Historical text from Comixfan:

Madison Carter
Mar 4, 2008, 11:40 pm

ALL-NEW OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z VOL. 2 PREMIERE HC

Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN, MICHAEL HOSKIN, ERIC J. MOREELS, DAVID WILTFONG, RONALD BYRD, SEAN MCQUAID, MARK O’ENGLISH, STUART VANDAL, MIKE FICHERA, MADISON CARTER, JACOB ROUGEMONT, AL SJOERDSMA, KYLE SIMS, CHRIS BIGGS & CHAD ANDERSON
Cover by TOM GRUMMETT

Continuing the most exciting and comprehensive Marvel handbook ever assembled! This twelve-volume guide to the Marvel Universe features more than 100 huge entries in each tome! This issue – from Blade to the Crooked World! Spotlighting people (Blink, Blob, Bullseye, Cable, Luke Cage, Cannonball, Captain America, Captain Britain, Captain Marvel, Carnage, Amadeus Cho, Citizen V, Colossus), teams (the Brotherhood, Circus of Crime), species (the Brood, Celestials), items (the Cosmic Cube) and more!

240 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-3099-3
Trim size: standard
On-Sale 4/23/2008

skippcomet
Mar 5, 2008, 03:00 am
Couple of quick questions:

1)Since the first volume's last alphabetical entry was Blackwing, I assume Blackwulf will be included in this volume (after first appearing in the 90's Handbook). Will the Underground Legion still be grouped with Blackwulf, or could they get a separate entry?

2)I see the modern-day costume for Citizen V on the cover -- does this mean the original Citizen V entry will be expanded to cover more than one, or will individual Citizens V get individual entries? And how many have there been that we know of?

William Keogh
Mar 5, 2008, 11:10 am

skippcomet wrote:

And how many have there been that we know of?

Let's see. First one was from WWII, followed by the mother of his son John, and then John himself. More recently Baron Zemo used the name, followed by Dallas Riordan, who's part of the family indirectly, and the current V, John Watkins. I think that's it.

Good cover, by the way. I'll have to use it in the parody thread. I think I know everyone there, with the assumption that Blade is beside Citizen V, and Clea is above Blade, right?

oenglish
Mar 5, 2008, 11:41 am
There's actually one more Citizen V of whom nothing has yet been revealed - at one point JW3 says he's the sixth to bear the name.

There's not really enough out there about Paulette or JJ (or that unrevealed last CV) to merit entries of their own. Dallas Riordan got an entry in the original Women Handbook in 2005, so she'll be in the A to Z books, but since she hasn't been CV for quite a while, she wouldn't be expected to be listed under that name. That leaves the original CV (who was in the Golden Age book) and the current CV (who never got a dinner but was covered exceedingly briefly in the original CV's entry in the GA book), and given that the current one makes it on to the cover, it sure implies he's been broken out into his own entry, doesn't it?

Madison Carter
Mar 5, 2008, 03:12 pm

skippcomet wrote:

Couple of quick questions:

1)Since the first volume's last alphabetical entry was Blackwing, I assume Blackwulf will be included in this volume (after first appearing in the 90's Handbook). Will the Underground Legion still be grouped with Blackwulf, or could they get a separate entry?

I won't say, but I'll give you a hint - Volume 2 runs from Blackwulf to Crimson Dynamo. ;)

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 5, 2008, 10:25 pm

oenglish wrote:

I won't say, but I'll give you a hint - Volume 2 runs from Blackwulf to Crimson Dynamo. ;)

I hope there's some splitting of the Crimson Dynamo entry. Dimitri Bukharin in particular has had an interesting history in the Marvel Universe and would be a worthy choice if only a few Crimson Dynamos could get solo entries.

Eduardo M.

Mar 5, 2008, 11:14 pm

oenglish wrote:

The solit says "from Blade to Crooked World." So I guess we should ignore that.

Madison Carter

Mar 6, 2008, 12:34 am

You should. Even as we're working on this project, profiles are being expanded and added - the solicit reflects an earlier from/to point before revisal.

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 18, 2008, 11:40 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

I hope there's some splitting of the Crimson Dynamo entry. Dimitri Bukharin in particular has had an interesting history in the Marvel Universe and would be a worthy choice if only a few Crimson Dynamos could get solo entries.

Looks like I'm getting my wish at least in part re: splitting of the Crimson Dynamo entiries, since #2 ends with Crimson Dynamo, and #3 (just solicited) starts with Crimson Dynamo (Gennady Gavrilov). I believe this is the first time for any sort of handbook, Marvel or otherwise that the alphabet has been split right in between two characters using the same name.

Tymmster

Mar 30, 2008, 12:18 pm

I'm really looking forward to this Hc series. :Cool:

Next ish should have Count Neferia (one of my all time favorite Avengers villians).

It was also nice to see Black Fox (from the Lost Generation 12 issue series) will the rest of the Front Line/Lost Gen characters get their own entres as well?

Eduardo M.

Mar 30, 2008, 12:54 pm

Tymmster wrote:

It was also nice to see Black Fox (from the Lost Generation 12 issue series) will the rest of the Front Line/Lost Gen characters get their own entres as well?

Based off the characters that have had profiles since 2004, off the top of my head I know we'll see entries on Effigy, Hurricane (Makkari). Pixie (Eternal), Yankee Clipper, Ulyssess Bloodstone, and Dr Druid.

As for next issue, I'm looking forward to entries on Captain America (Rogers), Captain Britain (Braddock), Blade, Captain Universe, the Council of Godheads, Count Nefaria, and the Cosmic Cube.

Stuart V

Mar 30, 2008, 01:58 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

Based off the characters that have had profiles since 2004, off the top of my head I know we'll see entries on Effigy, Hurricane (Makkari). Pixie (Eternal), Yankee Clipper, Ulyssess Bloodstone, and Dr Druid.

There'll also be an entry for the First Line team as well, in a few issues time.

Tymmster

Mar 30, 2008, 09:11 pm

Stuart V wrote:

There'll also be an entry for the First Line team as well, in a few issues time.

BOO-YAH!!!!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Now thats what I'm talking about! :Yes::clap: :Cool:

skippcomet

Mar 31, 2008, 09:19 pm

Stuart V wrote:

Any chance that the artwork accompanying the First Line's entry will be modified from the original 2005 entry to include small head shots of, and captions identifying, the various individual members as was done with Alpha Flight and the Avengers in Vol. 1?

Also, how far ahead are you folks on writing/rewriting entries for future volumes or otherwise getting said future volumes ready for publication? Have you gotten used to the pace or workload needed to do these hardcovers as compared to the 2004-2007 editions yet?

Stuart V

Mar 31, 2008, 10:06 pm

skippcomet wrote:

Any chance that the artwork accompanying the First Line's entry will be modified from the original 2005 entry to include small head shots of, and captions identifying, the various individual members as was done with Alpha Flight and the Avengers in Vol. 1?

The entry should include images of all the team members, either in full body or headshot format as space permits. It's planned that any older team entries which didn't include images of all the team members will be updated to do so.

skippcomet wrote:

Also, how far ahead are you folks on writing/rewriting entries for future volumes or otherwise getting said future volumes ready for publication? Have you gotten used to the pace or workload needed to do these hardcovers as compared to the 2004-2007 editions yet?

We finished proofed the pdfs for volume 2 a few weeks ago, before they went to the printers. We'll start volume 3 pdf proofing shortly. We have handed in all entries for volume 4, and are due to hand in volume 5's amendments, rewrites and additions soon. And obviously we've also had to hand in the Iron Manual entries a few weeks ago and are due to proofcheck the pdfs for printing that relatively soon. As to the pace and workload, I think we're getting used to the new tempo, but that might just be me. It's definitely a heavier workload on the proofing front, as we end up proofing the equivalent of four handbooks at a time, and every entry has to be treated as brand new for the proofchecking, since there are so many changes, additions (to existing entries) and updates.

ultrabasurero

Apr 1, 2008, 12:03 am

So, is the release schedule supposed to be every 2 months? Amazon.com has #4 coming out in August.

Stuart V

Apr 1, 2008, 05:57 am

ultrabasurero wrote:

So, is the release schedule supposed to be every 2 months? Amazon.com has #4 coming out in August.

It has slipped back to every two months for the last few hardcovers, though that is in part due to also having the Iron Manual and last Atlas to handle. It's not our call whether it stays at that schedule or goes back to monthly, so I don't know for sure what the schedule is going to be further down the line.

Sidney Osinga

Apr 1, 2008, 03:19 pm

Stuart V wrote:

It has slipped back to every two months for the last few hardcovers, though that is in part due to also having the Iron Manual and last Atlas to handle. It's not our call whether it stays at that schedule or goes back to monthly, so I don't know for sure what the schedule is going to be further down the line.

Since #4 was pushed back to August, does that mean we going to see a different OHotMU in July?

DragynWulf

Apr 2, 2008, 07:06 pm

Here is a 7 page preview of the All-New OHotMU A-Z HC2 of the Cable, Cable/Askani World, and Conspiracy profiles. Currently working on trying to get access to post images here at ComiX-fan, but until then, here are links to some preview pages...

Cable
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ble_Page_1.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ble_Page_2.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ble_Page_3.jpg

Cable/Askani World
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ble_Page_4.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ble_Page_5.jpg

Conspiracy
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...acy_Page_1.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...acy_Page_2.jpg

We wanted to give everyone an idea of what to expect with the black & white images previously printed in various Handbooks while showing more of the costumes for a major character since the hardcovers come wraped in plastic.

Roger Ott

Apr 2, 2008, 07:48 pm

That Conspiracy entry looks 10x better in the current format than it did in the Legacy 70s book. I really look forward to the updated entries from the Legacy books most of all.

Eduardo M.

Apr 3, 2008, 12:09 am

Roger Ott wrote:

That Conspiracy entry looks 10x better in the current format than it did in the Legacy 70s book. I really look forward to the updated entries from the Legacy books most of all.

agreed. I especially like the use of an image of from the Captain America "Bloodstone Hunt" storyline.

can't wait to see what other goodies await. The one that has me trying to guess like crazy is the group that got a full entry after being mentioned in other's entry.

bigvis497

Apr 3, 2008, 12:45 pm

I'm pretty sure that group was Battle-Axis, as they were mentioned in the Super-Axis entry in Golden Age 2004, 2 different groups.

Stuart V

Apr 3, 2008, 01:16 pm

bigvis497 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that group was Battle-Axis, as they were mentioned in the Super-Axis entry in Golden Age 2004, 2 different groups.

Good guess. But no.

slevin87

Apr 3, 2008, 05:24 pm

bigvis497 wrote:

They got their own entry in Vol. 1.

ToddCam

Apr 3, 2008, 06:09 pm

I can only guess that the team that got a "mention" was a team with the same name as another team that was being profiled. Possibly the mutant-hunting X-Force (with the names of the Outback era X-Men) or the Genoshan Excalibur (never actually used).

Stuart V

Apr 3, 2008, 07:23 pm

ToddCam wrote:

I can only guess that the team that got a "mention" was a team with the same name as another team that was being profiled. Possibly the mutant-hunting X-Force (with the names of the Outback era X-Men) or the Genoshan Excalibur (never actually used).

Getting warmer, though still not hitting the exact spot.

bigvis497

Apr 3, 2008, 09:23 pm

Hmmmm..... The terrorist Brotherhood that had their own series in 2001? They were mentioned in the Brotherhood Of Mutants entry, I think...

Stuart V

Apr 3, 2008, 09:52 pm

You really think we'd force some poor Handbook writer to have to re-read the Brotherhood miniseries?

Unfortunately I can't keep playing - sooner or later the law of averages means someone will get it exactly right.

Eduardo M.

Apr 4, 2008, 12:21 am

Stuart V wrote:

You really think we'd force some poor Handbook writer to have to re-read the Brotherhood miniseries?
 Unfortunately I can't keep playing - sooner or later the law of averages means someone will get it exactly right.

Whoever does please don't tell me because I have my own theory about that and I want to discover if I'm on my own. It also allows me to hide my shame better if I'm wrong.

Sidney Osinga

Apr 4, 2008, 03:18 pm

In the Conspiracy entry, I don't see a picture of Dr. Juden Bardham.

Eduardo M.

Apr 19, 2008, 09:17 pm

is this still coming out this week? I just checked out the solits and I saw no mention of Volume 2.

Stuart V

Apr 21, 2008, 06:18 am

Eduardo M. wrote:

is this still coming out this week? I just checked out the solits and I saw no mention of Volume 2.

Not sure - we proofed it a while back, but I've completely lost track of the release schedule.

ultrabasurero
Apr 21, 2008, 08:30 pm

Since it was stated that 1/2 page entries were at the end of each respective letter, and the remainder of "C" is in #3, does that mean Amadeus Cho (listed in the solicitations) gets at least a full page now?

Stuart V
Apr 21, 2008, 08:55 pm

ultrabasurero wrote:

Since it was stated that 1/2 page entries were at the end of each respective letter, and the remainder of "C" is in #3, does that mean Amadeus Cho (listed in the solicitations) gets at least a full page now?

Yes, as you surmise, Cho is expanding to a full pager.

Sidney Osinga

Apr 22, 2008, 02:51 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

Appearently, it will be out on April 30, according to the Marvel website. I can only hope that the book will reach the comic shop on schedule, so I don't have to wait a month like I diid for #1. :razz:

bigvis497

Apr 30, 2008, 02:33 pm

Just picked this up! Looks great, The Corps entry looks really deatailed, i can't wait to get a chance to sit down and read it. Glad to see Val Cooper made it in, and the team that was mentioned, and now has their own entry does appear to be the Brotherhood! There's an entry for Brotherhood and Brotherhood of Mutants. My only gripe is that Colossus' main shot didn't get replaced, I don't think he ever wore that costume.

Sidney Osinga

Apr 30, 2008, 04:26 pm

I got it! Didn't have to wait a month like last time. I got to the store nice and early, and it was the first book that was pulled out of the box. Happy happy, joy joy. I found many neat things within. In addition to what bigvis497 mentioned, there are also expanded entries for Elsa Bloodstone, Clea, Cagliostro, Callisto, Captain Britain, the Champions of LA, Amadeus Cho, Chthon, Stuart Clarke (Rampage), Controller, and the Corruptor. New entries include Blastarr, the Centurions, and Citizen V (Watkins III), as well as a lot of added pictures, and a all new (I think) main picture for the B-Sides. However, there are some minor problems I have. Captain UK had a new picture, but I still think a better one could have been used. Cerise still has the same grainy picture as before. I feel that Cannonball and Carnage should have gotten long entries. Plus, as I mentioned before, Dr. Juden Bardham's picture was left out of the Conspiracy entry. Still, I'll enjoy the book despite them. Kudos to the entire OHotMU team!

Tymmster

May 1, 2008, 06:58 pm

I cant wait to get it.

I REALLY wanna see Count Neferia.

I bet he was a 7 in strength, is he a 7 in durability as well?

slevin87

May 1, 2008, 09:17 pm

Tymmster wrote:

I bet he was a 7 in strength, is he a 7 in durability as well?

7 in strength, 6 in durability.

BTW, another great volume. Cool to see Chthon got three pages as opposed to the original one-page entry. The only error I've come across so far is a reference in Blob's power bar to X-Corps when it should be X-Cell.

Tymmster

May 1, 2008, 10:50 pm

slevin87 wrote:

7 in strength, 6 in durability.

Eeek, Neferia got a 6 in Durability? :Eek:

Wow.

Maybe he's not as tough as when he first got his powers.

Originally, he had all the powers of the Living Lazer, the Whirlwind and the original Power-man a hundred fold.

He was shrugging of Thor's bests hits after he got used to his powers (and even stopped Thor's hammer in a simular way that Superman did in the Avengers/JLA cross-over, but thats more of a remark on his stength). Heck to finally knock him out after everything else wasn't working, the Vision went to his highest density (I think thats around 90 tons), went several miles up to gain terminal velocity (although in real life, you don't need to go that far up) and crashed into his noggen. I gotta admit I'm kinda surprised his durability is only a 6. At this time although totally new to these new powers, he could (and actually did) easily hold his own and take the best shots against the team of Ironman, Thor, Wonderman, Beast, Black Panther, Captain America, Yellowjacket, Wasp, Vison and Scarlet Witch (except the Vison's last blow of course). Like I said, if the Vison didn't get the sneaky fall in there (plus Neferia was freaking out about other stuff and at that point was not really focused on them anymore, but his own mortality) that brawl could have ended a totally different way.

Maybe its different after he went all ionic or whatever.

skippcomet

May 2, 2008, 02:14 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

New entries include Blastarr, the Centurions, and Citizen V (Watkins III)

Actually, Blastaar got an entry in the Nova Corps: Annihilation Files book from '06, so this would be an updated, standard handbook format version of that entry. The main picture is the same, at least.

But as for brand new entries, the one for the Centurions, Citizen V/Watkins III, and Valerie Cooper do appear to be brand new output from the OHOTMU team. The closest thing to a previous entry for Cooper, at least, from the OHOTMU writers can be found in X-Men: The 198 Files, but I was under the impression that book wouldn't be drawn upon. If there are previous entries for the Centurions or the current Citizen V, though, I would love to know where.

Sidney Osinga

May 2, 2008, 02:39 pm

skippcomet wrote:

Actually, Blastaar got an entry in the Nova Corps: Annihilation Files book from '06, so this would be an updated, standard handbook format version of that entry. The main picture is the same, at least.

But as for brand new entries, the one for the Centurions, Citizen V/Watkins III, and Valerie Cooper do appear to be brand new output from the OHOTMU team. The closest thing to a previous entry for Cooper, at least, from the OHOTMU writers can be found in X-Men: The 198 Files, but I was under the impression that book wouldn't be drawn upon. If there are previous entries for the Centurions or the current Citizen V, though, I would love to know where.

Well, I'm not really counting the Annihilation Files as a handbook. Lets just say that it was rewritten to the point where it might as well be a new entry.

Val Cooper did get an entry in the Update '89, but she's done a lot since then. I guess that the OHotMU writers considered her too important to leave for a future volume.

Eduardo M.

May 2, 2008, 02:54 pm

skippcomet wrote:

I think the Centurions came from an Nova Core Files enry that appeared in one of the Annihilation minis, probably Annihilation: Nova. I seem to recall flipping through a copy of one of the Annihilation trades and seeing it there.

bigvis497

May 2, 2008, 03:31 pm

Val Cooper's entry in the 198 files was done a lot like an actual handbook entry, unlike all of the other 1/4 page profiles in that book. Which makes me wonder if the Red King will get an entry, as his entry in the Planet Hulk guidebook was more of a typical handbook entry.

Stuart V

May 2, 2008, 04:00 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Well, I'm not really counting the Annihilation Files as a handbook. Lets just say that it was rewritten to the point where it might as well be a new entry.

Val Cooper did get an entry in the Update '89, but she's done a lot since then. I guess that the OHotMU writers considered her too important to leave for a future volume.

As noted above, she's an entry from the 198 files, one (of the few?) who is getting the transfer to the Hardcovers.

Eduardo M. wrote:

I think the Centurions came from an Nova Core Files enry that appeared in one of the Annihilation minis, probably Annihilation: Nova. I seem to recall flipping through a copy of one of the Annihilation trades and seeing it there.

Correct.

Eduardo M.

May 2, 2008, 06:26 pm

Stuart V wrote:

As noted above, she's an entry from the 198 files, one (of the few?) who is getting the transfer to the Hardcovers.

Correct.

Yipee!!! I got it right! :clap:

I wonder who else from the 198 will get to grace the hardcovers.

DragynWulf

May 2, 2008, 09:56 pm

skippcomet wrote:

Blastarr was converted into the normal format from the Nova Corps: Annihilation Files and in doing so was re-written to effectively become a new entry, so it could be counted as both depending on how you wanted to look at it.

Blink was also re-written completely with new text and images to effectively become a new entry as well even though that character was given an entry in AoA Handbook. This is just one of those surprises that Madison mentioned while describing the hardcovers.

RVcousin

May 3, 2008, 05:06 pm

Hello,

I will not get my copy so I have got questions about the 2 brotherhood entries :
1) Is there any difference between this Brotherhood of Mutants entry and the previous one in the Teams 2005 Handbook ? (Are the current members listed for example, is there any other addition in the roster, ...) ?

2) Who is lited as members in the other Brotherhood entry ?

Thanks in advance, :X

Madison Carter
May 3, 2008, 07:04 pm

RVcousin wrote:

Hello,

I will not get my copy so I have got questions about the 2 brotherhood entries :
1) Is there any difference between this Brotherhood of Mutants entry and the previous one in the Teams 2005 Handbook ? (Are the current members listed for example, is there any other addition in the roster, ...) ?

2) Who is lited as members in the other Brotherhood entry ?

Thanks in advance, :X

It's an expanded profile (3 pages), so yes, there are numerous differences. Headshots, for example; a page-plus of them. As there is no current incarnation of THIS version of the Brotherhood, all members of it and previous incarnations are just listed as Known Members.

Members of the Brotherhood listed include Mikey Asher, Bryson Bale, Bela, Chela, Fiona Dunn, Fagin, Marabeth, Marshal, Ms. Fingers, Orwell, Oswald, Malon Reeves, Jane & Dick Smythe, Trois, Clive Vickers and X (Hoffman).

RVcousin

May 3, 2008, 09:05 pm

Thank you very much:dance:

Eduardo M.

May 3, 2008, 11:41 pm

All this talk about Blastaar and only now does it hit me that I should ask;

Did Cammi get an entry? she was also in the Nova Corp Files alongwith Blastaar.

Madison Carter

May 4, 2008, 12:34 am

Eduardo M. wrote:

All this talk about Blastaar and only now does it hit me that I should ask;

Did Cammi get an entry? she was also in the Nova Corp Files alongwith Blastaar.

Yep.

Andy E. Nystrom

May 4, 2008, 01:50 pm

Jumping into the breach again with changes from the previous volume. I reconsidered and decided to copy and paste the general info for volumes for clarity sake. As before the comparisons are to the books in question regardless if the changes first appeared in a later volume. Also, these aren’t word for word readings so I’m likely missing bits here and there. Issues once again grabbed more or less at random.

Marvel Legacy: 1970s

All: Art Credits, Place of Birth, Power Grid added (Power Numbers for ½ pagers)

Black Brother: Main ills colourized, fully bodyshot, background and dialogue removed. Illo of Belle added.

Brute: Dialogue removed from illos, secondary illo cropped.. Finally History paragraph reworked from Where are They Now?

Luke Cage: previously listed as Power Man. Expanded from 2 to fir pages. New main illo with old one now a secondary illo. Other illo removed but three new illos added. Vital Statistics, History, and Abilities/Accessories heavily revised and expanded.

Captain America (Rogers): previously listed as Nomad and expanded from 1 to 8 pages. Vital Statistics, History, Abilities/Accessories completely revised and expanded. New main illo (old one still present in slightly modified format). Secondary illo removed, 11 illos added.

Captain Marvel: Expanded from 1 to 4 pages; Vital Statistics revised; History and Abilities/Accessories heavily Revised and expanded; Main image and one of two smaller images removed; new main shot and five secondary images added

Cobalt Man: Final history paragraph revised/expanded from Where are They Now? Upper shot recoloured/background removed; lower image shrunk/caption removed; new unmasked shot replaces old one

Committee: Group Statistics revised and expanded, including info on new team. Last paragraph removed. Paragraph before that incorporates info from Where are they Now? 2 New paragraphs added, the first one also having info from Where are They Now? Group shot removed. Moon Knight removed from headshots. 16 headshots added with stats as per the 19 imported from Legacy. A few characters renamed in headshots.

Conspiracy: Final paragraph rewritten and new paragraph added incorporating info from Where are They Now? Images colourized and dialogue removed. Main image cropped and new illo added.

Corporation: Former Members expanded. First paragraph has Silvermane info from Where Are They Now?; material from latter incorporated into new final paragraph. Moonstone and Veil added to headshots; ayala and Maris headshots colourized. Dialogue removed and captions added to bottom right shot of Captain America, Hulk et al.

X-Men 2004

No characters this volume

Mighty Avengers Most Wanted Files

Collective: no significant changes

Glossary: Quantum Bands to Repulsor ray imported with no significant changes.

Annihilation: Nova Corps Files

All: Background now History. Natural Abilities and Powers, Weapons, & Minions reworked as Abilities/Accessories. Most other categories removed and regular handbook categories added

Baroness S’Bak: reduced from 1 to ½ page (note: it was previously mentioned that the *non-Files* books were guaranteed a minimum of their original length, so this doesn’t violate that rule). History and Abilities/Accessories completely rewritten. 1st, 3rd, and 4th bottom shot removed and 2nd shot cropped. Background removed from main shot.

Blastaar: Increased from one to two pages; History heavily written. Abilities/Accessories paragraph rewritten somewhat with two new paragraphs. 2nd-4th bottom shot removed, 1st bottom shot uncropped. New illo added (from 1980s Handbooks).

Cammi: History and Abilities/Accessories completely rewritten. Bottom shots removed. Main shots have background removed.

Mystic Arcana

Cadaver: First paragraph expanded, 2nd paragraph added to 1st, Abilities/Accessories slightly expanded.

Chondu the Mystic: Caption added to one illo

Cognoscenti: No significant changes

Creators: No significant changes

Spider-Man 2004

All: Marital Status removed; Powers & Abilities merged with Paraphernalia; First Appearances moved from back of book to main text

Carnage: Main/only shot replaced with new main shot. Three new shots added 9two captioned). Vital Statistics and Abilities/Accessories revised/expanded. New paragraph added to end of History.

Avengers 2004

All: Marital Status deleted; Powers & Abilities, Paraphernalia merged as Abilities/Accessories; First Appearances moved from back of book to entries

Captain America (Rogers): As per a later handbook, increased from 2 to 8 pages. Both illos removed and 11 illos added including a new main shot. Vital Stiatics, History, and Abilities/Accessories completely revised and expanded.

World War Hulk Gamma Files

Caiera the Oldstrong: No significant changes

Captain Omen: No significant changes

Amadeus Cho: Expanded from ½ to 1 page. Aliases expanded. History revised and expanded. New sentence at end of Abilities/Accessories. Power numbers replaced with Power Grid.

Marvel Legacy: 1980s

Blank: First History paragraph tweaked. New line added to Abilities/Accessories. Secondary image uncropped with caption added

Teams 2005

Brotherhood: Originally this only appeared as the third last paragraph of the Brotherhood of Mutants entry, and is now a completely rewritten 1-pager with full team stats. Aside from the main shot there’s 17 headshots with abilities.

Brotherhood of Mutants: Expanded from 2 to 3 pages. Current/Former members merged as Known Members. First paragraph a bit rewritten. Two paragraphs on the second page (both books) merged. Final paragraph expanded. Note: paragraph used as basis for Brotherhood entry above still present. Captions added to both illos. New illos with caption added, followed by 45 new headshots indicating when first active.

Champions (of Los Angeles): Expanded from 1 to 2 pages. History completely written/expanded. Main/only illos captioned. Two new illos with captions added and 10 headshots added indicating when first active.

Champions (of Xandar): History largely rewritten. Captions added to illos and new headshots with captions added for Diamondhead and Nova.

To be continued...

Andy E. Nystrom

May 4, 2008, 04:05 pm

Part 2:

Marvel Legacy: 1990s

Blackwulf: 1-pager split from 2-page Blackwulf and the Underground Legion. Since the latter was a team entry, the usual solo character stats added. History heavily rewritten to focus on Blackwulf specifically.

Bluebird: Aside from typical 1990s Legacy changes above, no significant changes

Moira Brandon: Aside from typical 1990s Legacy changes above, no significant changes

Century: secondary shot cropped, Parallax shot added/captioned.

Marvel Legacy: 1960s

Beasts of Berlin: History revised/reworked into 1 paragraph that includes info from Where are They Now? Main illo captioned, new illo added.

Bull’s Eye: New second paragraph with info from Where are they Now?

Burglar: Expanded from ½ to 1 page. Known Relatives list daughter. History has two new paragraphs incorporating ino from Where are They Now? Two new illos, 1 with caption (daughter).

Captain America (Rogers): Expanded from 1 to 8 pages. Both illos removed and 12 added (some with captions) including new main shot. Vital Statistics, History, Abilities/Accessories completely revised and expanded.

Captain Marvel: Expanded from 1 to 4 pages. All three illos removed and 7 added (Some with Captions) including new main shot. Vital Statistics, History, Abilities/Accessories completely revised and expanded.

Crime-Master: Known Relatives should have been revised to mention son but wasn’t. History rewritten to incorporate info from Where are They Now?. Unmasked shot captioned and unmasked shot of son added with caption. Final sentence added to Abilites/Accessories.

Crimson Dynamo: Expanded from 1 to 3 pages. Vital Statistics reworked to forcus on armour rather than wearers. History and Abilities/Accessories completely revised/expanded. Main shot now a secondary shot with caption, New main shot captioned Mark II with 6 shots of other armours captioned. 6 new head shots of subsequent wearers.

X-Men: 198 Files

Note: As most listings from this book don’t get imported, only characters who don’t appear anywhere else before the hardcover discussed. For such characters: Known aliases now Aliases, Current Position now Occupation, Identity/Group Affiliation, Abilities/Accessories, Power Grid added.

Valerie Cooper: Reworked from Val Cooper. Occupation expanded, History completely revised. Illos removed, 2 new illos added.

Golden Age 2004

All Individuals: Marital Status deleted; Superhuman Powers/Abilities/Paraphernalia/Limitations merged as Abilities/Accessories

Blazing Skull: Vital Statistics, final History paragraph, and Abilities/Accessories somewhat expanded. Two new illos.

Blue Diamond: new final History sentence, unmasked illos added.

Captain America (Rogers): Expanded from 1 to 8 pages. New main shot (original illo still present as secondary shot) and 10 additional illos added, some with captions. Vital Statistics, History, Abilities/Accessories completely revised and expanded.

Captain America (Barnes): Originally listed as Bucky. Expanded from 1 to 3 pages. New main shot (original illo still present as secondary shot with caption) and 4 additional illos added, one with caption. History, Abilities/Accessories completely revised and expanded. Vital Statistics revised to lesser degree. Power Grid revised.

Citizen V (Watkins): Known Relatives expanded, History largely revised, Abilitties/Accessories expanded.

Crimson Commando: new main shot (original still present as secondary shot). Abilities/accessories revised.

Wolverine 2004

All Individuals: Marital Status, Distinguishing Features removed; Superhuman Powers, Special Skills, Costume, Personal Weaponry merged as Abilities/Accessories

Bloodscream: Vital Stistics revised, History heavily revised, Distinguishing Features removed, Abilities/Accessories revised and incorporates Special Limitations. Two new illos with captions.

Book of the Dead 2004

All: Marital Status removed; Superhuman Powers, Abilities, Paraphernalia merged as Abilities/Accessories

Captain America (Barnes): Originally listed as Bucky. Expanded from 1 to 3 pages. New main shot and 5 additional illos added, two with captions. History, Abilities/Accessories completely revised and expanded. Vital Statistics revised to lesser degree. Power Grid revised.

Captain Marvel: Expanded from 2 to 4 pages. Vital Statistics, History, and Abilites/Accessories completely revised and expanded. Main/only illo removed, 7 new shots including main illo, some with captions.

Changeling: Aliases expanded. Paraphs after 1st replaced with new ones, Note added, Abilities/Accessories and Power Grid revised, new head shot.

Fabian Cortez: Fighting Skills increased, new illo with caption

Graydon Creed: Powers/Abilities and Durability revised, Tribune shot with caption added.

A-Z Update 4

Captain Marvel: Expanded from 3 to 4 pages. Group Affiliation tweaked to reflect info from recent miini-series. End of first paragraph of o9riginal third page change and remainly paragraphs heavily revised. New illo with caption added. New paragraph added to Abilities/Accessories and teleporter error removed from Power Grid.

Clan Destine: Current/Deceased members expanded a little. A few History revisions including but not limited to final paragraph. Thaddeus added to headshots.

Count Abyss: No significant changes.

A-Z Update 1

Brynocki: New illo added

Bug-Eyed Voice: No significant changes

Circus of Crime: Expanded from 3 to 4 pages. Current/Former members revised. Main caption now indicates first appearances. Shot of Ringmaster and Princess Python removed and replaced with full body shots of each with first appearances. 3 illos less cropped than before. Two more illos have captions added, one with first appearances. Headshots expanded from 11 to 21 (mostly to depict Golden Age members) with first appearances and role added.

Contest of Champions: No significant changes (somewhat surprising; I was expecting a passing reference to Contest II)

Andy E. Nystrom

May 5, 2008, 06:23 am

PS it might take me a couple weeks to finish these comparisons as I recenty had eye surgery, but the rest of my comparisons are coming as my energy levels allow.

Sidney Osinga

May 5, 2008, 03:46 pm

The Blonde Phantom, Boom-Boom, and Chamber weren't included, but I guess we'll see them as Mason, Louise; Smith, Tabitha; and Decibel.

Blue_Shield
May 5, 2008, 06:07 pm

I had noticed their absense also.

Sidney Osinga

May 7, 2008, 02:43 pm

bigvis497 wrote:

Val Cooper's entry in the 198 files was done a lot like an actual handbook entry, unlike all of the other 1/4 page profiles in that book. Which makes me wonder if the Red King will get an entry, as his entry in the Planet Hulk guidebook was more of a typical handbook entry.

In that case, Coronel Reyes should be getting an entry, since he was listed at the beginning of the X-Men: Messiah Complex Mutant Files. We'll see when the R's roll around.

Stuart V

May 8, 2008, 03:53 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Marvel Legacy: 1970s

Black Brother: Main ills colourized, fully bodyshot, background and dialogue removed. Illo of Belle added.

Brute: Dialogue removed from illos, secondary illo cropped.. Finally History paragraph reworked from Where are They Now?

Cobalt Man: Final history paragraph revised/expanded from Where are They Now? Upper shot recoloured/background removed; lower image shrunk/caption removed; new unmasked shot replaces old one

Committee: Group Statistics revised and expanded, including info on new team. Last paragraph removed. Paragraph before that incorporates info from Where are they Now? 2 New paragraphs added, the first one also having info from Where are They Now? Group shot removed. Moon Knight removed from headshots. 16 headshots added with stats as per the 19 imported from Legacy. A few characters renamed in headshots.

Conspiracy: Final paragraph rewritten and new paragraph added incorporating info from Where are They Now? Images colourized and dialogue removed. Main image cropped and new illo added.

Corporation: Former Members expanded. First paragraph has Silvermane info from Where Are They Now?; material from latter incorporated into new final paragraph. Moonstone and Veil added to headshots; ayala and Maris headshots colourized. Dialogue removed and captions added to bottom right shot of Captain America, Hulk et al.

You'll see a lot of changes to the illustrations of the first two Legacy Handbook volumes, as we bring the art up to modern Handbook standards. And a call out to Mike Fichera and David Wiltfong, who did a lot of the coloring and reconstruction work for the secondary images through the books, most notable in places like the Committee and Conspiracy.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Baroness S’Bak: reduced from 1 to ½ page (note: it was previously mentioned that the *non-Files* books were guaranteed a minimum of their original length, so this doesn’t violate that rule).

Yes, some Files entries might shorten for more minor characters who wouldn't warrant a full page entry in a regular handbook.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Teams 2005

Brotherhood: Originally this only appeared as the third last paragraph of the Brotherhood of Mutants entry, and is now a completely rewritten 1-pager with full team stats. Aside from the main shot there’s 17 headshots with abilities.

Brotherhood of Mutants: Expanded from 2 to 3 pages. Current/Former members merged as Known Members. First paragraph a bit rewritten. Two paragraphs on the second page (both books) merged. Final paragraph expanded. Note: paragraph used as basis for Brotherhood entry above still present. Captions added to both illos. New illos with caption added, followed by 45 new headshots indicating when first active.

And an example of how we will be splitting some older, amalgamated entries, effectively creating all-new entries for groups and individuals who share names - this won't happen every time, but it will happen a few more before we finish the hardcovers.

Sidney Osinga wrote:

The Blonde Phantom, Boom-Boom, and Chamber weren't included, but I guess we'll see them as Mason, Louise; Smith, Tabitha; and Decibel.

They'll certainly all be included later on in the series - as to which name they'll be filed under, time will tell.

Sidney Osinga wrote:

In that case, Coronel Reyes should be getting an entry, since he was listed at the beginning of the X-Men: Messiah Complex Mutant Files. We'll see when the R's roll around.

No guarantees, though you could be right.

Captain Morgan

May 10, 2008, 01:08 am

Just picked this up! Looks great, The Corps entry looks really deatailed, i can't wait to get a chance to sit down and read it. Glad to see Val Cooper made it in, and the team that was mentioned, and now has their own entry does appear to be the Brotherhood! There's an entry for Brotherhood and Brotherhood of Mutants. My only gripe is that Colossus' main shot didn't get replaced, I don't think he ever wore that costume.What stats did they give Colossus in the grid categories?

Eduardo M.

May 10, 2008, 12:19 pm

Stuart V wrote:

You'll see a lot of changes to the illustrations of the first two Legacy Handbook volumes, as we bring the art up to modern Handbook standards. And a call out to Mike Fichera and David Wiltfong, who did a lot of the coloring and reconstruction work for the secondary images through the books, most notable in places like the Committee and Conspiracy.

I'm curious to see how the illos for some entries turn out. Especially Tagak, Faceless One, Devil's Heart, Prime-Mover, and Victorius.

Stuart V wrote:

They'll certainly all be included later on in the series - as to which name they'll be filed under, time will tell.

Unless he changed his name, we should be seeing an entry on Decibel in Volume 3.

Andy E. Nystrom

May 12, 2008, 09:47 pm

Continuing my examination of changes:

Book of the Dead 2004 oversight

Edit function won’t work (seems like there’s some sort of time limit) so I couldn’t add to the old entry.

Ulysses Bloodstone (originally listed as Bloodstone): distinguishing Features removed, new illo added.

Fantastic Four 2005

No entries this volume

Hulk 2004

No entries this volume

A-Z 2

Blaquesmith: No significant changes

Blindspot: Energy Projection increased to 2

Blizzard: Increased from 2 to 3 pages. One of three old illos captioned. 9 new captioned illos of suits worn by all users. Group Affiliation updated. History: old final paragraph split in two, with second part expanded, followed by 3 new paragraphs, then a Note. Abilities/Accessories expanded.

Blob: expanded from 2 to 3 pages. Final paragraph of History expanded. Abilities/Accessories greatly expanded. New main illo (old one still present with new caption), depowered illo removed, 9 new illos (1 with caption).

Bloodwraith: New paragraph added to History

Bogatyri: 3 new illos added

Bogeyman: Original illo captioned (still main), 4 new illos (3 captioned)

Alexander Bont: No significant changes

Bella Donna Boudreaux: final History paragraph expanded, new illo added

Bounty: Abilities/Accessories a bit revised

Brood: Known Members expanded. Secondary illo removed, 3 new illos with captions. Final History paragraph removed and two new paragraphs added.

B-Sides: Main illo removed, replaced with new one (captioned as per old one)

Bug: 3rd History paragraph revised, new final paragraph added. Microns illo removed, two new captioned illos added.

John Bushmaster: captioned Power Master illo added

Buzz: final History paragraph expanded, new sentence added to Abilities/Accessories

Cagliostro: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Real Name revised, History almost completely revised/expanded, Abilities/Accessories: new sentence added at end. 6 new illos (2 captioned)

Caliban: new final paragraph at end of History. Main and “wedding” illos removed; new main illo, X-Force illo now captioned, 3 new captioned illos

Callisto: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Occupation and group Affiliation revised. History and Abilities/Accessories completely revised/expanded. New main illo (one one still present with caption), old inset removed, 2 new captioned illos.

Calypso: left hand now visible but that’s about it

Captain UK: Final paragraph expanded. New new illos (one captioned)

Captain Ultra: Expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Vital Statistics a little revised. History completely revised/expanded. Abilities/Accessories expanded. New main illo (old one still present, but flipped and captioned). Inset removed, 2 new illos.

Captain Universe: new final History paragraph. 2 new illos. Many recipients illos blown up to focus more on face, with Casey and Phalanx added.

Caretakers: 3 new captioned illos

Black Tom Cassidy: final History paragraph tweaked, then new one added, Abilities/Accessories revised and a little expanded, Power Grid revised.

Celestials: new final History paragraph, Arishem illos replaced with captioned Dreaming Celestial illo

Centurious: secondary illo replaced with two new ones

Cerebra/Cerebro: First Appearance expanded, new sentence added to end of History and Abilities Accessories. No illo now stands out as man one, all illos now captioned, original Cerebro illo decropped, 12 new illos, including the Elliot Brown stats from v1#15.

Cerise: new History paragraph, new illo with caption.

Challenger: Occupation, Group Affiliation, and last two History paragraphs revised. Unmasked shot added.

Lila Cheney: final History paragraph expanded, Speed clarified.

China Force: 3rd History paragraph revised, Note added

Code: Blue: new paragraph added at end of History, 9 headshots with First Appearances added.

Kasper Cole: Known Relatives tweaked, end of final History paragraph revised with new one added

Collective Man: first History paragraph split in 2, final paragraph expanded. Secondary illo captioned, new illo of old suit with caption.

Collector: no significant changes

Contingency: two new captioned insets

Alternate Universes 2005

Cable/Askani World: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Significant Inhabitants expanded, History completely revised. Main shot now captioned with captioned secondary shot. 42 new headshots with occupations and first appearances.

Chronomancer’s World: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. New captioned illo of Chronokeep. 35 new headshots with occupations and first appearances.

Corps: expanded from 1 to 4 pages. Current/Former Members expanded, History completely revised/expanded, 72 illos of members in two grids, with names first appearances listed below the second grid.

Counter-Earth (High Evolutionary): Expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Four new captioned illos (2 with First Appearances) plus 30 headshots with First Appearances.

Counter-Earth (Franklin Richards): Expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Significant Inhabitants/Locations increased. History completely revised/expanded. New captioned illo plus 21 headshots with First Appearances.

Appendix: Core Continuum Designations (was simply Appendix). Expanded from 1 to 5 2/3 pages. Lots of new Earths listed, descriptions added, to many previously listed Earths.

X-Men: Age of Apocalypse 2005

All: I’m skipping Age of Apocalypse individual entries unless I’m sure they’re supposed to have the same history as the hardcover version (that probably leaves only the Age itself plus Exiles-related entries). For the rest, Abilities, Superhuman Powers, Paraphernalia merged as Abilities/Accessories; Distinguishing Features and Marital Status removed, First Appearance added.

Blink: Group Affiliation expanded. History and Abilities/Accessories completely revised/expanded. Both illos removed. New main illo with four secondary illos (2 captioned).

Avengers 2005:

All: Superhuman Powers, Abilities, Paraphernalia replaced with Abilities/Accessories

Count Nefaria: Distinguishing Features removed. Secondary illo decropped, 2 new illos with captions.

Marvel Knights 2005

All: Abilities, Superhuman Powers, Paraphrenalia merged as Abilities/Accessories; Marital Status removed

Blade: expanded from 3 to 4 pages. Vital Statistics revised/expanded. History: new paragraph added after 3rd, last paragraph replaced with 2 large new ones, Abilities/Accessories revised/expanded/ Main illos replaced with new one, text removed from secondary illo, three new illos (1 with caption).

Luke Cage (originally listed as Cage): expanded from 3 to 4 pages. Both illos removed, replaced with new main illo and 4 secondary illos. Vital Statistics revised. Hisory and Abilities/Accessories almost completely revised.

Cloak: Group Affiliation updated. Final 2 History paragraphs replaced by new ones. Power Grid tweaked. 2 new illos

Horror 2005

All: Superhuman Powers, Abilities, Paraphernalia replaced with Abilities/Accessories

Elsa Bloodstone: Expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Group Affiliation updated, 2nd History paragraph expanded, 5 new History paragraphs. Fighting Skills slightly increased. New main illo (original now secondary).

Brother Voodoo: Occupation/Group Affiliation revised. End of last History paragraph revised, then new paragraph added. Secondary illo removed, 2 new illos added.

Chthon: Expanded from 1 to 3 pages. Known Relatives/First Appearance revised. History and Abilities/Accessories completely revised/expanded. Physical stats added. New main illo (old one cropped/captioned), 3 new captioned illos.

To be continued...

Eduardo M.

May 14, 2008, 10:13 pm

I just got this in the mail today. I also picked up the Iron Manual.

I'm now off to overdose on Handbooky goodness. Hee-Hee! :cloud9:

Captain Speedbump

May 14, 2008, 10:46 pm

Just a little something I noticed.

At the end of the first paragraph of the Controller's entry, it mentions the Mercenary, a minor foe Iron Man fought in Vol. 1, issue 23 (which I have vis-a-vis Essential Iron Man vol 3). It mentions the Mercenary's real name as being Archibald Tuskwin. His real name wasn't mentioned in that issue, so I'm assuming that this is the first place his real name has been disclosed.

Here's the thing... the issue was written by Archie Goodwin and drawn by George Tuska.

Archibald = Archie
Tuskwin = Amalgam of 1st syllable of Tuska and 2nd syllable of Goodwin

So one may conclude the Mercenary was named in honor of the artist and writer who created him. Again, just something I noticed.

Do I have way too much free time on my hands or what?

Madison Carter

May 15, 2008, 04:22 am

Captain Speedbump wrote:

Just a little something I noticed.

At the end of the first paragraph of the Controller's entry, it mentions the Mercenary, a minor foe Iron Man fought in Vol. 1, issue 23 (which I have vis-a-vis Essential Iron Man vol 3). It mentions the Mercenary's real name as being Archibald Tuskwin. His real name wasn't mentioned in that issue, so I'm assuming that this is the first place his real name has been disclosed.

Here's the thing... the issue was written by Archie Goodwin and drawn by George Tuska.

Archibald = Archie
Tuskwin = Amalgam of 1st syllable of Tuska and 2nd syllable of Goodwin

So one may conclude the Mercenary was named in honor of the artist and writer who created him. Again, just something I noticed.

Do I have way too much free time on my hands or what?

You'll notice that from time to time when it's decided to give a character a name. The second Jack O'Lantern, for instance.

Rayeye

May 16, 2008, 06:40 pm

I just got this second volume of the hardcover serie, and I really enjoy it, even though I have all previous 2004-2007 issues!

Being a fan of Captain Britain and the Corps, I was really enjoying the expanded profile of the Corps and the images of all known Corps members.
Were the new (real) names and Earth designations in this profile all made up by you guys or did you ask any writer (e.g. Alan Davis) for this?

It was nice to see some Corps members were alternate counterparts of other known 616-heroes like T'Challa as Chieftain Justice, Francesca Grace as Madam Sussex, STRIKE commander Lance Hunter as Rifleman, Peter Wisdom as Petros Wisdom (Friar Albion), Peter Hunter/Albion as Officer Saxon, Union Jack/Brian Falsworth as Bryon Falsworth (Major Commonwealth) and Ka-Zar/Kevin Plunder as Kavin Plundarr (Gotowar Konanegg).

I also noticed that the real name of Kommandant England, Helga Geering, was probably taken from characters Helga and Captain Geering of the tv show Allo Allo.

I am curious now, were there any other real names taken from 616-characters or inspired by other non-comic people?

I also noticed that Centurion Britannus, Lady London, Hauptmann Englande and Enforcer Capone were listed as current members, but IIRC they died in the Excalibur miniseries, didn't they?

Stuart V

May 16, 2008, 07:22 pm

Rayeye wrote:

I just got this second volume of the hardcover serie, and I really enjoy it, even though I have all previous 2004-2007 issues!

Being a fan of Captain Britain and the Corps, I was really enjoying the expanded profile of the Corps and the images of all known Corps members.
Were the new (real) names and Earth designations in this profile all made up by you guys or did you ask any writer (e.g. Alan Davis) for this?

Alan kindly identified many of the background Corps people he had created. He let us pick the civilian identities, and the Earth designators were assigned by our head writer.

Rayeye wrote:

It was nice to see some Corps members were alternate counterparts of other known 616-heroes like T'Challa as Chieftain Justice, Francesca Grace as Madam Sussex, STRIKE commander Lance Hunter as Rifleman, Peter Wisdom as Petros Wisdom (Friar Albion), Peter Hunter/Albion as Officer Saxon, Union Jack/Brian Falsworth as Bryon Falsworth (Major Commonwealth) and Ka-Zar/Kevin Plunder as Kavin Plundarr (Gotowar Konanegg).

Thanks. I felt it stood to reason that some of 616's existing heroes have Corps counterparts. A hero in one reality is often a hero in another, and we know that most other Corps members aren't alternate Brian Braddocks.

Rayeye wrote:

I also noticed that the real name of Kommandant England, Helga Geering, was probably taken from characters Helga and Captain Geering of the tv show Allo Allo.

Umm. Could be. :whistle:

Rayeye wrote:

I am curious now, were there any other real names taken from 616-characters or inspired by other non-comic people?

One or two. Agent Albion is Victoria Whitman, as in maiden name Bentley. Captain Colonies is Steve Rogers. Justicer Bull's first name ties in with her being a Judge Dredd homage. Will of the People is John Raven, known in other realities as Killraven. Skrull Lord, Colony UK-7 is Kl'rt, known in 616 as the Super-Skrull. Brother Brit-Man's name is a nod to someone. Flight Leader's name is a nod to the creator of the character he homages. Captain Empire's name has turned up before - I didn't make that up. Most of the names have a reason for being picked, and weren't entirely random.

Rayeye wrote:

I also noticed that Centurion Britannus, Lady London, Hauptmann Englande and Enforcer Capone were listed as current members, but IIRC they died in the Excalibur miniseries, didn't they?

Not seen to have died. Hauptmann was seen to be tortured, but we didn't see him killed. Anyone not seen to be dead was assumed alive until we get confirmation otherwise.

Sidney Osinga

May 17, 2008, 03:24 pm

DragynWulf wrote:

Blink was also re-written completely with new text and images to effectively become a new entry as well even though that character was given an entry in AoA Handbook. This is just one of those surprises that Madison mentioned while describing the hardcovers.

Actually, I was disappointed by this rewrite, as it almost ignored her AoA history. Perhaps the entry would have been better served if it had been expanded to three pages. Anyways, I noticed that there were a lot more mistakes in this volume than the previous one. Below are a list of the major ones I've spotted:
-Blastarr: In the 4th paragraph, the last two lines are repeated.
-Blob: The picture of the Hulk uprooting the Blob is uncredited. It was done by Joe Barney.
-Luke Cage: In the 11th paragraph, the first part of the third sentence is printed twice.
-Captain Marvel: There was a small red star between paragrphs on the third page.
-Chameleon: In the final paragraph, the second and third sentences are repeated at the end.
-Stuart Clarke: Clarke Futuristics was once referred to as Stark Futuristics.
-Counter Earth (Richards): The final two sentences in the entry are repeated, the second time as a new paragraph.
-Alternate Earths Appendix: Earth 7511 (Black Lama's) is missing.

Now, these are mostly just minor things, but still, a certain amount of quality is expected from the hardcovers.

Anyways, looking through the Alternate Earths Appendix, I figured out the we're going to see the following in upcoming issues:
-Marvel will be listed as KalAOL.
-The Weapon X from the Exiles series will get their own seperate entry, which makes sense, since they got one in the X-Men:AoA Handbook. However, this would mean that the Exiles entry will be different from the one in last years Mutant Files, by omitting their headshots.
-The Ultimate Universe will be getting it's own entry.

Nireht
May 18, 2008, 11:20 pm
I love the books, although...

Under the Council of Godheads on the first page, seventh paragraph, it says "Red Star Oil Company once used a Tomazooma robot to trick Oklahoma's Keewazi tribe of." The sentence isn't finished.

Sidney Osinga
May 19, 2008, 01:47 pm

Stuart V wrote:

One or two. Agent Albion is Victoria Whitman, as in maiden name Bentley. Captain Colonies is Steve Rogers. Justicer Bull's first name ties in with her being a Judge Dredd homage. Will of the People is John Raven, known in other realities as Killraven. Skrull Lord, Colony UK-7 is Kl'rt, known in 616 as the Super-Skrull. Brother Brit-Man's name is a nod to someone. Flight Leader's name is a nod to the creator of the character he homages. Captain Empire's name has turned up before - I didn't make that up. Most of the names have a reason for being picked, and weren't entirely random.

I noticed that Privateer Albion's real name is Jack Turner, which I assume is a reference to Jack Sparrow and Will Turner from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies

DrGoodwrench
May 19, 2008, 07:43 pm
Mine arrived today. It's bloody brilliant again. I've enjoyed putting the two volumes next two each other, seeing how great they look and imagining what it'll look like with more of them. Great.

Stuart V

May 19, 2008, 07:50 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

I noticed that Privateer Albion's real name is Jack Turner, which I assume is a reference to Jack Sparrow and Will Turner from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies

You may well think that. I couldn't possibly comment. :whistle:

DrGoodwrench

May 19, 2008, 07:53 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Buccaneer Britain's name is Bartholomew Teach. A combination of Black Bart and Blackbeard?

Stuart V
May 19, 2008, 08:40 pm

DrGoodwrench wrote:

Buccaneer Britain's name is Bartholomew Teach. A combination of Black Bart and Blackbeard?

:clap: BB all round.

DragynWulf
May 20, 2008, 09:55 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Actually, I was disappointed by this rewrite, as it almost ignored her AoA history. Perhaps the entry would have been better served if it had been expanded to three pages.

Sorry you were disappointed, but she really didn't do anything in the AoA to cover extensively. She was saved as a baby by Sabretooth, trained (off-panel) by Sabretooth, showed up with the others for a couple battles (doing nothing major in them), had some conversations with Sabretooth, fought Blastaar in the Negative Zone (during the BLINK limited series), and then vanished. All of which was covered in the profile. That was approximately 8 appearances total compared to the 90-100 appearances in the EXILES.

On the bright side, the powers were greatly expanded from 1/4th a page (with old format that didn't utilize a lot of space) to nearly 1/2 a page with more detail on how her powers worked.

I would have enjoyed writing it as a 3 page profile, but room had to be made for other profiles.

Eduardo M.
May 20, 2008, 11:44 pm

DragynWulf wrote:

Sorry you were disappointed, but she really didn't do anything in the AoA to cover extensively. She was saved as a baby by Sabretooth, trained (off-panel) by Sabretooth, showed up with the others for a couple battles (doing nothing major in them), had some conversations with Sabretooth, fought Blastaar in the Negative Zone (during the BLINK limited series), and then vanished. All of which was covered in the profile. That was approximately 8 appearances total compared to the 90-100 appearances in the EXILES.

On the bright side, the powers were greatly expanded from 1/4th a page (with old format that didn't utilize a lot of space) to nearly 1/2 a page with more detail on how her powers worked.

I would have enjoyed writing it as a 3 page profile, but room had to be made for other profiles.

I do have another question regarding her history. Next to her main image is a picture marked "Hydra" costume. There's nothing in her history regarding a confrontation with Hydra. When did this happen and i it wasn't important enough to mention why show her in said outfit and label it?

DragynWulf
May 21, 2008, 12:25 am

Eduardo M. wrote:

I do have another question regarding her history. Next to her main image is a picture marked "Hydra" costume. There's nothing in her history regarding a confrontation with Hydra. When did this happen and i it wasn't important enough to mention why show her in said outfit and label it?

We try to show different costumes a character has worn over the years. Blink has basically only had one, so some costumes she wore during adventures were chosen along with her Phalanx infection. This particular one was from EXILES #91-94 while visiting Earth-1720 and briefly being controlled by Madame Hydra (Susan Richards). As for not mentioning it in the history, it was cut due to space limitations.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

1/14/2020 3:56 pm  #2

Re: OHotMU A-Z Vol. 2 Premiere HC

Final historical text from Comixfan

Sidney Osinga
May 21, 2008, 02:51 pm

DragynWulf wrote:

Well, that may be true, but the original entry did cover her AoA period extensively. If the entry had of been three pages, this part could have been left the same. Still, it's only a minor quibble.

DragynWulf

May 21, 2008, 10:51 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Well, that may be true, but the original entry did cover her AoA period extensively. If the entry had of been three pages, this part could have been left the same. Still, it's only a minor quibble.

The original entry went into more detail of particular battles taking 6 paragraphs to tell and wrote new history never shown in the comics for the character because it was written by the assistant editor of EXILES. In doing so, various errors were made in the entry (and others in that particular handbook). For example, the Distinguishing Features says the "facial tattoos" were given to her in Sinister's Breeding Pens, but in the BLINK limited series (which was not covered in the original entry) it was stated she was born with them.

As a handbook writer, we can only write what is in the comics and not create a story/history for the characters. We can create real names, code names, team names, and things like that if the creator of the characters allow us to and/or chose not to do it themselves. With approval, we can go into detail about powers that have not been shown in the comics. This was done with Blackwing/Beak entry and all approved by both the writer (who gave example of other characters that powers were based on) and editors of NEW WARRIORS.

WyldKard

May 22, 2008, 04:08 am

Nice job on this one!
...however...

The art in the Copycat entry is from Wolverine #88, drawn by Adam Kubert and Fabio Laguna. The picture is credited to Adam Kubert but that page was actually drawn by Fabio Laguna. It kinda bugs me that nobody caught this either in proofing the original entry or for the HC edition.

Furthermore, it's a butt-ugly swipe of a Jim Lee Psylocke drawing. Ironically, the person responsible for adding legs to the figure did as much work as Laguna did. Were it up to me, I would've picked the shot of Copycat from one of the covers of Deadpool: the Circle Chase instead. :dunno:

Don't mean to be a hater and only complain but that thing bugs the heck out of me, though...

Rayeye

May 23, 2008, 08:21 pm

I just noticed one little error in the Core Continuum Designations appendix:
Earth-7614 where Wayfinder brought the Sword in the Star should be Earth-7414.

Sean McQuaid

May 24, 2008, 05:01 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

and a all new (I think) main picture for the B-Sides.

It's new to the Handbooks (and certainly an improvement reference-wise over the murkier previous main image), but it's a modified version of art taken from an issue of B-SIDES.

The Captain Ultra entry does feature a never-before-published main image, though, as there weren't any profile-compatible images of his new costume in its other appearances to date.

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Kudos to the entire OHotMU team!

Thanks,

-Sean

Sean McQuaid

May 24, 2008, 05:09 pm

Tymmster wrote:

Eeek, Neferia got a 6 in Durability?:Eek: Wow. Maybe he's not as tough as when he first got his powers.

He arguably hasn't been for a long time, partly because he now depends upon ongoing fresh infusions of ionic energy to keep his power levels up. At peak energy he's more or less his old self, but his strength and vitality decrease dramatically without those boosters, so he's often vulnerable.

Then again, he has recovered from being blown to itty-bitty ionic bits at least once since his resurrection, so while it's possible to hurt or even destroy him, he may have a near-limitless capacity to come back from that sort of damage, like Wonder Man or Atlas.

In short, a case can be made for seven as well as six. Something to consider the next time he comes around on the wheel of profiles...

-Sean

Sean McQuaid

May 24, 2008, 05:20 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Contest of Champions: No significant changes (somewhat surprising; I was expecting a passing reference to Contest II)

The two events have so little in common (apart from COC II poaching the title and basic concept of the original COC) that any mention of COC II seemed like an unnecessary digression, especially in a profile that had already filled its allotted page snugly.

-Sean

DrGoodwrench

May 27, 2008, 05:55 am

I'm probably wrong about this, and I don't have my comics with me to check, but didn't synthozoid use to be spelt synthezoid?

And I'm even less sure about this one - in Cerebro's X-men, wasn't Chaos' name Xaos?

Rayeye

May 27, 2008, 11:59 am

DrGoodwrench wrote:

And I'm even less sure about this one - in Cerebro's X-men, wasn't Chaos' name Xaos?

Both names haven been used: Chaos ánd Xaos. One of them was probably an error.

Michael Hoskin
May 27, 2008, 12:20 pm

DrGoodwrench wrote:

I'm probably wrong about this, and I don't have my comics with me to check, but didn't synthozoid use to be spelt synthezoid?

"Synthozoid" is the original and correct spelling; we're trying to get it reaffirmed in people's minds.

ultrabasurero

Jun 11, 2008, 09:23 am

How come Captain America's entry doesn't have anything about his funeral service or his final resting in the ocean?

Sidney Osinga

Jun 15, 2008, 01:15 pm

Sean McQuaid wrote:

It's new to the Handbooks (and certainly an improvement reference-wise over the murkier previous main image), but it's a modified version of art taken from an issue of B-SIDES.

-Sean

I'll be darned, so it is. it's from the title page of issue 2, only coloured.

lurkerabove

Jun 23, 2008, 01:23 am

Will we ever see Technical Drawings of armour (for eg Crimson Dynamo) in the new handbooks like they had in the '86 Deluxe Edition.

I used to love them.

Rayeye

Jun 26, 2008, 06:48 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Continuing my examination of changes:

Chthon: Expanded from 1 to 3 pages. Known Relatives/First Appearance revised. History and Abilities/Accessories completely revised/expanded. Physical stats added. New main illo (old one cropped/captioned), 3 new captioned illos.

To be continued...

Andy, will you give this list a continuation? Because I really appreciate that you're listing all changes.

Andy E. Nystrom

Jun 26, 2008, 07:35 pm

Rayeye wrote:

Andy, will you give this list a continuation? Because I really appreciate that you're listing all changes.

Yup. The list got derailed a bit by a detached retina, but it's coming.

rplss

Jun 26, 2008, 09:15 pm

DrGoodwrench wrote:

Mine arrived today. It's bloody brilliant again. I've enjoyed putting the two volumes next two each other, seeing how great they look and imagining what it'll look like with more of them. Great.

Hi everyone, 1st post on this forum for me.

Anyway, and maybe this was already mentioned, sorry, but the cover of my copy of volume#1 is embossed but it's all white, but my copy of volume #2 has embossed red printing on the spine and cover. Anyone else have this? Do I have a misprinted copy of volume #1 or are all the books like that? Note: I don't mean the book jackets, I mean the hard cover.

Thanks
Love,
rplss
PS these ANOHOTMUAZPHC threads are absolutely insane; you guys are totally hardcore!!! awesome.

Roger Ott

Jun 27, 2008, 12:13 am

rplss wrote:

the cover of my copy of volume#1 is embossed but it's all white, but my copy of volume #2 has embossed red printing on the spine and cover. Anyone else have this? Do I have a misprinted copy of volume #1 or are all the books like that?

Mine's like that, too.

Lia Brown

Jun 27, 2008, 01:29 am

Welcome to Comixfan, Rplss! :cheers:

rplss

Jun 27, 2008, 11:44 pm

Well, thank you Lia!

My white HC looks so funny without the red printing. I may take a red marker and carefully fill it in with red.

I noticed it because I took off the dust jackets and stored them away to keep them in good condition while I have been scouring these hardcovers.

This raises another question: for those of you who keep these hardcovers in bags, what bag do you use for storage? I'm having a hard time finding a suitable bag for these books. Temporarily I'm using a ridiculously large magazine-sized bag... anyone have a suggestion?

Sidney Osinga

Jun 28, 2008, 01:46 am

Roger Ott wrote:

Mine's like that too. I guess it's something that was added after the first volume was printed.

And I'm storing mine in magazine bags, since golden age bags are too small.

Andy E. Nystrom

Jun 28, 2008, 02:50 pm

Here’s the second last set of updates now that my eye’s more healed. Let it never be said that I don’t keep my promises.

A-Z 4

Champion (originally listed as Fallen One): Aliases tweaked, end of final History paragraph revised.

New Avengers: Most Wanted Files

All: Vital Statistics, Power Grid added; Abilities Renamed Abilities/Accessories; User Notes removed. Art credits added (this addition accidentally left out of my v1 notes)

Brief editorial note: I can`t believe now many Avengers foes begin with the letter `C`. Perhaps they should form a team called the C-List

Blood Brother (originally listed as Blood Brothers – plural): First History paragraph reworked especially at start, last paragraph revised/expanded. Abilities/Accessories somewhat rewritten

Brothers Grimm: expanded from one to two pages. History and Abilities/Accessories entirely rewritten. Physical stats now include Dolly and the mannequins. 4 new captioned illos (two Mr. Doll illos share the same caption)

Bushwacker: New paragraph added to History. Both main and secondary illo replaced with new ones.

Carnage: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. History and Abilities/Accessories completely rewritten. Secondary shot removed, three new ones added (two captioned)

Centurius: Long History paragraph split in two. The new second paragraph expanded.

Chemistro: History and Abilities/Accessories completely rewritten

Stuart Clarke (originally listed as Rampage): expanded from 1 to 2 pages. History mostly (not complete;ly) revised and expanded). History revised and expanded. New main illo and secondary illo. Original main illo now a captioned secondary illo. Original secondary illo now captioned.

Constrictor: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. History mostly (not entirely) rewritten. Abilities/Accessories rewritten. Secondary illo removed, 3 new ones added.

Controller: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. History mostly (not entirely) rewritten. Abilities/Accessories revised/expanded. 2 new captioned illos.

Corruptor: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. History paragraphs after first and all of Abilities/Accessories.completely revised/expanded. 4 new illos (3 captioned)

Count Nefaria: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. History and Abilities/Accessories actually closer to a more detailed earlier entry (Avengers 2005). 3 new illos (2 captioned)

All-New Iron Manual

Crimson Dynamo (this is the entry point for this volume into the hardcovers): exact same entry (the two books came out two weeks apart).

A-Z 3

Copperhead: no significant changes

Copycat: new captioned secondary shot of her as Domino

Cosmic Cube: Expanded from 3 to 4 pages. History: Revisions including splitting of paragraphs and new text starting on page 2 and continuing thereon here and there. One illo removed (headshot of Kubik), 10 new captioned illos added (including two new headshots and a replacement Kubik illo)

Council of Godheads: new paragraphs related to various Pantheons added alphabetically. Old African gods paragraph removed.

Crazy Eight: 4 new captioned headshots.

Crimson Cowl: new sentence at end o History

Avengers 2005

Jamie Braddock: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. History and Abilities/Accessories completely revised and expanded. Power Grid revised. 3 new illos

Cable: expanded from 2 to 3 pages. Vital Statistics revised. History mostly (not entirely) revised and expanded. Abilities/Accessories revised, Power Grid tweaked. Original shot removed. Neww main shot and 16 new shots added (8 captioned).

Cannonball: Known Relatives expanded. Final History paragraph revised and new one added. Paraphernalia removed.

Captain Britain: expanded from 2 to 3 pages. History and Abilities/Accessories completely revised and expanded. One secondary illo removed, 7 added (2 captioned).

Colossus: expanded from 2 to 3 pages. Known relatives and Group Affiliation revised. Last History paragraph removed, 2nd last revised and expanded, 2 new paragraphs added. Abilities/Accessories revised. * new illos added (5 captioned). Old secondary illo captioned. Unfortunately Power Grid still doesn`t show non-powered stats

X-Men: Messiah Complex

No entries this volume

Marvel Zombies

Brain: no significant changes

Michael Regan

Jun 28, 2008, 02:54 pm

If I have the originals, what would make it worthwhile for me to get these?

Andy E. Nystrom

Jun 28, 2008, 04:26 pm

Final batch before v3:

Spider-Man 2005
Betty Brant: Known Relatives and Power Grid tweaked. Revisions to Final 2 History paragraphs. Abilities/Accessories expanded. 2 new secondary shots (1 captioned)

Carrion: Secondary shot decropped. 4 new captioned illos (3 being headshots). Abilities/Accessories a little revised. Power Grid tweaked.

Chameleon: Vital Statistics revised. Final History paragraph revised/expanded. 4 new secondary shots added.

Spider-Man: Back in Black

Cardiac: no significant changes.

Conundrum: no significant changes

Daredevil 2004

Bullseye: Expanded from 2 to 3 pages. Vital statistics revised/expanded. History and Abilities/Accessories considerably revised/expanded. Weight revised. Distinguishing Feaures removed. 7 new secondary illos (1 captioned).

Women of Marvel 2005

Sharon Carter: expanded from 1 to 2 pages. Vital Statistics a little revised. History considerably revised/expanded. Main illo removed; new main illo with 3 new secondary illos (2 captioned)

Clea: expanded form 1 to 3 pages. Vital Statistics revised/expanded. History and Abilities/Accessories completely revised/expanded. Power Grid tweaked. 6 new secondary illos (2 captioned).

Update 2

Cabal of Scrier: “deceased” removed throughout Former Members. Last 2 History paragraphs merged, revised at end.

Captain America (Rogers): Aliases tweaked. New captioned secondary illo.

Contemplator: no significant changes

Crimson Dynamo: Final and 3rd last paragraphs of History revised, new paragraph added at end, new captioned illo of Mark VII armour

Update 3

Brethren: no significant changes

Chrome: no significant changes

Cotati: no significant changes

Glossary: 1 pager incorporated into this volume's concluding two Glossary pages. New listings: original SHIELD, Tenger, Teteoh, Vodu. A couple cross-references removed.

rplss

Jun 28, 2008, 04:38 pm

If I have the originals, what would make it worthwhile for me to get these?
1. Because they are awesome
2. They do have some corrections and updates
3. To support the OHOTMU industry. If we continue to buy them, they continue to write them.

Mostly "1. Because they are awesome."

Michael Regan

Jun 28, 2008, 06:22 pm

I have no problem with support as I pretty much have everything published and a few of the encyclopedia. I'm just reluctant to buy something I already have which is printed in a higher priced HC format.

I would have no problem recomending any index in any normal circumstance.

Madison Carter

Jun 28, 2008, 07:01 pm

As has been stated before, the hardcovers are a reworking of the original books instead of simple reprints. Updated, expanded and even some new entries.

Andy E. Nystrom

Jun 28, 2008, 11:33 pm

Michael Regan wrote:

I have no problem with support as I pretty much have everything published and a few of the encyclopedia. I'm just reluctant to buy something I already have which is printed in a higher priced HC format.

If you are interested in specific changes, see my notes earlier in this thread for v2 and in General Q&A for v1. Before the end of the day I'll have started listing changes to v3 entries in that book's thread.

Beyond very nice looking hardcovers, there are a *lot* of changes, mostly to the older listings but sometimes they surprise you with a thoroughly updated newer entry as well.

Michael Regan

Jun 29, 2008, 11:49 am

Since I've pretty much got them all, I'll probably pick these up.

slevin87

Feb 5, 2009, 04:46 pm

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but...I just noticed that in the alternate earths appendix, Proctor and the Time-Twisters are hyperlinked, which means that they're going to appear in future volumes, correct? (though the House of M reality was as well, and yet didn't appear with the other "H"s.)

Eduardo M.

Feb 6, 2009, 12:22 am

slevin87 wrote:

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but...I just noticed that in the alternate earths appendix, Proctor and the Time-Twisters are hyperlinked, which means that they're going to appear in future volumes, correct (though the House of M reality was as well, and yet didn't appear with the other Hs)

I could have sworn that Proctor got an entry in the Alternate Universe Handbook. And I remember the Time-Twisters were mentioned as part of the entry on the Time Keepers.

Nice catch on House of M. I wonder why it didn't get an entry.

slevin87

Feb 6, 2009, 12:47 am

Eduardo M. wrote:

I could have sworn that Proctor got an entry in the Alternate Universe Handbook.

Nope. The Gatherers as a group did, though.

Sidney Osinga

Feb 6, 2009, 07:06 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

Nice catch on House of M. I wonder why it didn't get an entry.

I was wondering that too.

Rayeye

Feb 15, 2009, 05:51 am

I just read the Clan Destine miniseries and I noticed that - besides Nathaniel - there was also another sibling mentioned, Rik, but he was not listed as a member in the Clan Destine profile.

Stuart V

Feb 15, 2009, 07:01 am

Rayeye wrote:

I just read the Clan Destine miniseries and I noticed that - besides Nathaniel - there was also another sibling mentioned, Rik, but he was not listed as a member in the Clan Destine profile.

The profile only included information up to the second issue of the recent miniseries, as it came out between the second and third issues, and we couldn't spoil story points such as revealing the djinn's real name.

Captain Morgan

May 1, 2009, 07:37 pm

I noticed there may be an error on Blade's power grid. He's got superhuman strength able to lift 1 ton but the power grid says he's level 3 which is peak human with a 800lbs max. Is that and error?

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera