Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/13/2020 1:11 pm  #1

X-Men: Messiah Complex - Mutant Files

Historical text from Comixfan:

Eric J. Moreels
Oct 12, 2007, 09:22 pm

Coming from Marvel Comics in December...

X-MEN: MESSIAH COMPLEX - MUTANT FILES
Written by ERIC J. MOREELS, CHAD ANDERSON, STUART VANDAL, DAVID WILTFONG, SEAN MCQUAID, CHRIS BIGGS, MICHAEL HOSKIN, MIKE FICHERA, RONALD BYRD & MADISON CARTER
Cover by SCOTT KOLINS

What's up with that whole Phoenix/Jean Grey business? Is Illyana Rasputin really back from the dead? Why can’t the Shi’Ar and the Starjammers just get along? And what the heck is a Predator X? Find out in X-MEN: MESSIAH COMPLEX MUTANT FILES – featuring profiles on teams like X-Factor Investigations, the New X-Men, the Exiles and Excalibur; new friends and foes such as Darwin, Armor, Anole, Korvus, Daken and Kimura; plus Cassandra Nova, Selene, Trish Tilby, the Savage Land Mutates, Mammomax, the Marauders and even a bonus X-Men Roster Update!

48 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

jannepie
Oct 15, 2007, 01:52 pm

So this will be like a regular Handbook?

Mammomax!!! :dance: I hope his profile explains how he didn't really die.

Madison Carter
Oct 15, 2007, 04:40 pm

jannepie wrote:

So this will be like a regular Handbook?

Yes, it's in standard Handbook format.

William Keogh
Oct 15, 2007, 07:18 pm

jannepie wrote:

Ah, but the accursed pachyderm did die, and many of us reacted as such... :clap:

jannepie
Oct 16, 2007, 01:38 pm

William Keogh wrote:

Ah, but the accursed pachyderm did die, and many of us reacted as such... :clap:

You died a bit in your heart as well? I know I did. :bawl:

By the way, that Exiles profile sounds very promising already, with the standard format and all.

Eric J. Moreels
Oct 17, 2007, 01:16 am

jannepie wrote:

By the way, that Exiles profile sounds very promising already, with the standard format and all.

In that case, you should be very happy with it. David Wiltfong, the profile's writer, did a fantastic job with it! :yes:

jannepie
Oct 17, 2007, 06:08 am

Yay! Since Exiles is so self-contained, I have no idea what has been going on in there. And I take your word about the entry's fantastic-ness (?), since didn't you also write some Exiles entry for a previous Handbook?

Eric J. Moreels
Oct 17, 2007, 07:01 pm

jannepie wrote:

since didn't you also write some Exiles entry for a previous Handbook?

That was former editor turned writer Mike Raicht for the X-Men: Age of Apocalypse Handbook.

jannepie
Oct 18, 2007, 02:35 am

Eric J. Moreels wrote:

That was former editor turned writer Mike Raicht for the X-Men: Age of Apocalypse Handbook.

I think we're thinking of different entries. This site (http://www.marvunapp.com/ohotmu/ohotmufaq.htm#wrote) lists an Exiles entry for you.

Eric J. Moreels
Oct 18, 2007, 05:36 am

jannepie wrote:

I think we're thinking of different entries. This site (http://www.marvunapp.com/ohotmu/ohotmufaq.htm#wrote) lists an Exiles entry for you.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one ;)

jannepie
Oct 18, 2007, 01:53 pm

Ah, Savage Land Mutates. Sometimes it feels that they've been breeding more than the Morlocks. :LOL: Great to have them "handbooked"!

Rayeye
Oct 21, 2007, 07:15 pm

I know someone mentioned it before (before the forum crash), but I hope this handbook will confirm whether the stories in X-Men: First Class are in continuity or not.

And I'm glad to see Trish Tilby is in this handbook! Supporting cast characters are always welcome, they are easily forgotten, but they have a lot of comic appearances... so I hope that someday also Alistaire Stuart, Alysande Stuart, Sharon Friedlander, Tom Corsi, Irene Merryweather, Charlotte Jones and Stevie Hunter will be covered.

Stuart V
Oct 21, 2007, 07:58 pm

Rayeye wrote:

I know someone mentioned it before (before the forum crash), but I hope this handbook will confirm whether the stories in X-Men: First Class are in continuity or not.

They are in continuity.

Rayeye wrote:

And I'm glad to see Trish Tilby is in this handbook! Supporting cast characters are always welcome, they are easily forgotten, but they have a lot of comic appearances... so I hope that someday also Alistaire Stuart, Alysande Stuart, Sharon Friedlander, Tom Corsi, Irene Merryweather, Charlotte Jones and Stevie Hunter will be covered.

We like to include supporting cast - it's just there's not often space to do so.

Roger Ott
Oct 21, 2007, 08:44 pm

Stuart V wrote:

We like to include supporting cast - it's just there's not often space to do so.

Has there ever been any consideration of doing some quarter page entries, like there were in the Deluxe books for Asgardians? In my opinion, these would be ideally suited for supporting characters. The only drawback is the short histories, but it might be something to consider for supporting cast entries.

Stuart V
Oct 21, 2007, 09:27 pm

Roger Ott wrote:

Has there ever been any consideration of doing some quarter page entries, like there were in the Deluxe books for Asgardians? In my opinion, these would be ideally suited for supporting characters. The only drawback is the short histories, but it might be something to consider for supporting cast entries.

If a character is worth covering, then they are worth the space it takes to do so properly. If a supporting cast member can be covered in a quarter page, they probably aren't worth covering. But we are slowly covering them - in the theme books for individual characters it tends to be easier to fit in supporting cast, and in the A-Z Updates we included Frenchie DuChamp for instance.

Eduardo M.
Oct 22, 2007, 12:12 am

Rayeye wrote:

I second that for everyone you just mentioned. Also I'd love to see a handbook entry for Opal, Iceman's girlfriend from X-Factor and Philip Moreau and Jennifer Ransome from Genosha.

Rayeye
Oct 22, 2007, 07:34 am

Speaking of continuity, since there will an updated X-Men roster in this handbook, I wonder if this time T-Ray (Terry Raymond) from the X-Men in: Life Lessons comic will be included as a former X-Men member or not. He wasn't included in the X-Men 2005 handbook, but marvunapp.com considered his story as in continuity....

Sidney Osinga
Oct 24, 2007, 06:38 pm

There was an half page history of mutants in Update #4, and from what I gather, there will be a more in depth entry in the Mutant Files, possibly will a list of all known mutants :yes:. What I DO hope they include is the difference between what Marvel defines as a mutant and what science in the real world defines it.

William Keogh
Oct 24, 2007, 07:04 pm

And maybe by extension what to call those former mutants who've gotten repowered (to their regret) by Pietro.

Sidney Osinga
Nov 28, 2007, 08:55 pm

Why are there going to be an expanded X-Men team entry and the reprint of Phoenix? Why not just wait until the A-Z Premiere and use the space for more supporting characters and Empath (if he's not included already)?

gtrmp
Nov 29, 2007, 10:17 pm

Not everybody is going to bother with the Premiere HCs.

Madison Carter
Nov 30, 2007, 12:18 am

gtrmp wrote:

That (sadly), plus we had already mapped out the X-Men HB before the HC project started.

Eric J. Moreels
Nov 30, 2007, 04:43 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Why are there going to be an expanded X-Men team entry and the reprint of Phoenix?

An expanded X-Men Roster, not team entry, and the Phoenix entry will not simply be a reprint, but expanded with new text & art.

Roger Ott
Nov 30, 2007, 05:05 am

gtrmp wrote:

That's what scares me. I normally automatically avoid hardcover books because I don't like the additional cost above a trade paperback. If it wasn't for this site and the good PR that Madison has been doing so far, I probably wouldn't be lining up for these either. But, not everyone comes to this website, either. So...

Marvel's marketing department better plug the hell out of these things and make sure they give an accurate description about how much updating is being done, because if people think these things are just reprints of the already-published handbooks, they're not gonna sell as well, sadly.

And I want them to sell well, because now that I know more about it, I think it's a great idea.

Rayeye
Dec 28, 2007, 04:08 pm

Is this one already in the stores?

Sidney Osinga
Dec 28, 2007, 04:40 pm

Rayeye wrote:

Is this one already in the stores?

Yes, indeed. Just got it today. I haven't had time to read it yet, but it looks really good. (Then again, any OHotMU looks good to me)

Rayeye
Dec 28, 2007, 04:49 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Yes, indeed. Just got it today. I haven't had time to read it yet, but it looks really good. (Then again, any OHotMU looks good to me)

Good, as soon as possible I will go to my comic store!
And please could you tell who's in it?

Sidney Osinga
Dec 28, 2007, 04:56 pm

Rayeye wrote:

Good, as soon as possible I will go to my comic store!
And please could you tell who's in it?

I put down who I can remember off the top of my head.

That's all I remember,I don't have it with me.

Rayeye
Dec 28, 2007, 06:03 pm

Thanx. I can't wait to get this handbook!

Eduardo M.
Dec 28, 2007, 06:30 pm

Got it. Still reading through it but looks good so far. Old school X-fans will be happy to see entries on a few people. I got my wish for an entry on Trish Trilby and a bonus with the entry for Dazzler (but God, I HATE her current hairstyle.) Not a bad Handbook to end the year with.

RVcousin
Dec 28, 2007, 06:46 pm

I will not get my copy until Wednesday :~(

Can somebody tell me who's featured on the roster page ?
Please, I can't wait until Wednesday! :wall:

Sean McQuaid
Dec 28, 2007, 10:47 pm

RVcousin wrote:

Can somebody tell me who's featured on the roster page?

I haven't seen the printed comic yet, but as of the last proofs I saw, the roster update section featured newly revealed members Petra, Sway, Darwin & Vulcan; and recently recruited members Mystique, Warpath, Sabretooth, Omega Sentinel, Lady Mastermind, Armor & Hepzibah.

-Sean

Eric J. Moreels
Dec 29, 2007, 02:19 am

Bibliography for this issue is now online here! (http://www.marvel.com/universe/OHOTM...phy-X-Men_2007)

What's everyone think of this issue?

RVcousin
Dec 29, 2007, 05:29 am

Sean McQuaid wrote:

I haven't seen the printed comic yet, but as of the last proofs I saw, the roster update section featured newly revealed members Petra, Sway, Darwin & Vulcan; and recently recruited members Mystique, Warpath, Sabretooth, Omega Sentinel, Lady Mastermind, Armor & Hepzibah.

-Sean

Thanks for your answer, Sean.
I thought Caliban was considered as a member during the Extremists arc ?

Faded
Dec 29, 2007, 01:50 pm

Eric J. Moreels wrote:

Bibliography for this issue is now online here! (http://www.marvel.com/universe/OHOTM...phy-X-Men_2007)

What's everyone think of this issue?

I haven't read all of it, but I enjoyed it a lot! I particularly liked Anole's, especially seeing his cameos here and there brought together like a cohesive story. Very, very enjoyable! And big props to the art department; I really enjoyed their choice of pictures (and the photoshoppers of course).

I really like the concept of the "Mutant Files" for a diehard X-Fan like me.

Cerebro
Dec 29, 2007, 05:52 pm

Sean McQuaid wrote:

Thanks for your answer, Sean.
I thought Caliban was considered as a member during the Extremists arc ?

I, too, am curious to know Caliban's membership status. I thought he was a member, as well (his head was shown among the other members in the cornerbox on the cover of the first part of the Extremists arc). Cyclops stated in this week's issue (X-MEN #206) that he "died an X-Man" (granted posthumous membership, perhaps?). What's the verdict?

Eric J. Moreels
Dec 29, 2007, 07:08 pm

Cerebro wrote:

I, too, am curious to know Caliban's membership status. I thought he was a member, as well (his head was shown among the other members in the cornerbox on the cover of the first part of the Extremists arc). Cyclops stated in this week's issue (X-MEN #206) that he "died an X-Man" (granted posthumous membership, perhaps?). What's the verdict?

Caliban was considered to be a non-member ally during the Extremists arc. As for the comment of him having "died an X-Man", the term "X-Man" generally encompasses any of the X-teams, so being a member of X-Force qualified him as being an X-Man.

Andy E. Nystrom
Dec 30, 2007, 01:53 am

Oddly since it's an X-book, between yesterday and today I never saw it around in the places I checked in Victoria and Greater Vancouver. I've asked my dealer to order all handbooks, but that system is breaking down due to the number of handbooks that don't actually say Handbook in the title; anyone else running into this particular difficulty?

I wonder if the fact that the hardcover series was announced before this actually came out has hurt more general orders, on the assumption that many Handbook fans will grab the hardcovers and read the Messiah Complex entries there.

Faded
Dec 30, 2007, 04:27 am

Eric J. Moreels wrote:

Caliban was considered to be a non-member ally during the Extremists arc. As for the comment of him having "died an X-Man", the term "X-Man" generally encompasses any of the X-teams, so being a member of X-Force qualified him as being an X-Man.

Similarly, how does Gentle qualify as a New X-Man? IIRC he's never shown to be part of the team so far, but generally doing his own thing.

William Keogh
Jan 3, 2008, 03:46 pm

Outstanding issue once again, with the profiles on Excalibur, X-Factor, Exiles, Selene, Phoenix, and the Marauders being particularly thorough. :clap:

DragynWulf
Jan 5, 2008, 03:27 am

William Keogh wrote:

Outstanding issue once again, with the profiles on Excalibur, X-Factor, Exiles, Selene, Phoenix, and the Marauders being particularly thorough. :clap:

Thanks for the complement! Glad you enjoyed them all, especially the Exiles profile.

Rayeye
Jan 8, 2008, 11:27 am

Excellent issue! I enjoyed this one, especially the profiles of Exiles, Marauders, Starjammers, Excalibur and Dazzler. I'm also glad you included Cassandra Nova, Irene Merryweather and Lifeguard & Slipstream.
I just found one little error in the Shi'ar profile. It was not Dakari, who was the extremely powerful former praetor of a branch of the Imperial Guard, but Chakar (although both characters were in the same issue, hence probably the confusion).
Another question about the Shi'ar profile: aren't the Imperial Guard's Magique and siblings White Noise and Black Light Shi'ar members as well? At least I think they looked like. And since Raza (and his brother Zenith) is a Shi'ar turned into a cyborg, shouldn't he have been listed as well?
Anyway, I will really miss those (theme) handbooks (I'm not talking about the HC series) every month. Just another one to go this month!

Chad Anderson
Jan 29, 2008, 08:49 am

Thanks for pointing out the Chakar/Dakari switch up. We'll be sure to get that corrected.

As far as Magique goes, while she does look Shi'ar, there is no in-story evidence to support it. Black Light and White Noise's heritage has never been revealed either as they are only alleged to be Deathbird's children. Lastly, while Raza was once listed as a Shi'ar member, the Marvel editorial office has determined that he isn't. We discussed all of these issues at length before publishing.

Chad

Madrox
Jan 29, 2008, 10:18 am

Does anyone know how the 2005 starjammers series members made it into the entry? From every interview the writer did at the time he stated that it was not in continuity as was his and Marvel editorial's prefrence. Not only that but the story itself did not leave much if any room for the posibility that it was part of marvel continuity. If I remember correctly, was it not a Starjammers origin story that had nothing to do with Corsair or the Shiar?

Eric J. Moreels
Jan 30, 2008, 07:14 am

Madrox wrote:

Does anyone know how the 2005 starjammers series members made it into the entry? From every interview the writer did at the time he stated that it was not in continuity as was his and Marvel editorial's prefrence. Not only that but the story itself did not leave much if any room for the posibility that it was part of marvel continuity.

This was also discussed at length, and ultimately it was decided that there's nothing in the story that marks it as being out of continuity.

Madrox wrote:

If I remember correctly, was it not a Starjammers origin story that had nothing to do with Corsair or the Shiar?

No, it wasn't an origin story. Corsair was on a leave of absence from the Starjammers. The rest of the team found themselves in another galaxy unable to return home. There they joined forces with Kalyx in order to rescue the Hyrax from the Committee. After this, their newfound ally K-zzat provided their ship with the power it needed to return to their own galaxy.

Madrox
Feb 15, 2008, 11:20 am

Eric J. Moreels wrote:

This was also discussed at length, and ultimately it was decided that there's nothing in the story that marks it as being out of continuity.

No, it wasn't an origin story. Corsair was on a leave of absence from the Starjammers. The rest of the team found themselves in another galaxy unable to return home. There they joined forces with Kalyx in order to rescue the Hyrax from the Committee. After this, their newfound ally K-zzat provided their ship with the power it needed to return to their own galaxy.

Fair enough. The main reason I avoided the book in the first place was the writers insistance that it was out of continuity in several interviews. Thanks for the info.

Madison Carter
Feb 15, 2008, 12:37 pm

Madrox wrote:

Fair enough. The main reason I avoided the book in the first place was the writers insistance that it was out of continuity in several interviews. Thanks for the info.

We see this more and more these days with writers discussing stories and saying that they aren't paying mind to continuity, or writing outside of it, and then when the story/book in question hits, it turns out there's not really anything to keep it out-of-continuity anyway; while they didn't bother to put it there, serendipity allows it to be.

jannepie
Jul 11, 2008, 06:10 am

I was recently able to read this handbook (and this time it only took me 6 months! :dance: ) and I really enjoyed it. The profiles didn't have as many names that I didn't recognize as most handbooks do, but I still learned a lot of new from the characters I have followed for 15 years. I especially liked all the team profiles and such. You guys can really squeeze a lot of information in a few pages.

jannepie
Aug 19, 2008, 03:35 pm

I might have something here. In SWORD's entry, Agent Paulletz' first appearance is Astonishing X-Men #20, but I'm thinking that he's already in #19, page 6, behind the Beast. He's the one doing the yelling and we see later that he is the squad leader.

Andy E. Nystrom
May 18, 2010, 10:34 pm

I believe this is the last list of changes I can do until v14 comes out. The progression of this one should be interesting because it was the last “floppy” to come out before the hardcovers began.

Anole
Hardcover Volume: 1
Page Count: Unchanged at 1
Text/Graphic Changes: None

Daken
Hardcover Volume: 3
Text Changes: Real Name, Known Relatives, and Abilities/Accessories revised. New info added to end of History paragraph.
Graphic Changes: None

Darwin
Text Changes: None
Graphic Changes: new secondary illo

Dazzler
Now Listed As: Dazzler (Blaire)
Page Count: Unchanged at 3
Text Changes: Final History sentence slightly expanded

Excalibur
Hardcover Volume: 4
Page Count: Increased from 2 to 4
Text Changes: Team stats completely revised/expanded, covering other incarnations of the team as well. Old History n0w begins on 3rd page of current History, with some tweaking to what was the first paragraph to make it flow better from the new text. New sentence added to end of History.
Graphic Changes: One illo removed, 6 new captioned illos

Exiles
Split Into: Exiles; Weapon X (Exiles)
Hardcover Volume: 4 (Exiles), 13 (Weapon X)
Page Count: Originally 3; now 5 (Exiles); 1 (Weapon X)
Text Changes: Exiles: Members lists completely revised, updating current/former members, adding Earth numbers, removing Weapon X, and adding. references to Earth-33629 and 91172 teams; History largely but not completely revised/expanded. Weapon X: Weapon X as category now labelled Former Members andEarth Numbers added. History completely rewritten
Graphic Changes: Exiles: 5 new captioned illos added; Headshots for Weapon X removed but headshots for the 2 Earths above added; Alter egos removed from headshots; Shadowcat-Unrevealed amended to Cat-Unrevealed. Gambit-6706 added.Weapon X: All non-headshot illos and all non-Weapon X headshots removed; alter egos and current status removed from headshots; 7 headshots replaced with new ones; 3 headshots cropped/1 titled; issues Active revised for Mesmero, Wolverine, Maverick, Daredevil

Kimura
Hardcover Volume: 6

Korvus
Text Changes: first 2 History paragraphs merged; end of final paragraph revised and greatly expanded. Energy Projection on Power Grid revised.

Lady Mastermind
Text Changes: 2nd History paragraph split in 2; new sentence added at end of final paragraph.

Lifeguard & Slipstream
Split Into: Lifeguard; Slipstream
Hardcover Volume: 6 (Lifeguard); 11 (Slipstream)
Page Count: Original 1; now 1 (Lifeguard), ½ (Slipstream)
Text Changes: Both: Vital Statistics, Physical Statistics, Abilities/Accessories, Power Grid of the other character removed from each entry.; History somewhat revised to read better as solo entry (in Lifeguard’s case, split in two); Lifeguard: Note added; Abilities/Accessories paragraph split in 2. Slipstream: Power Grid now Power Numbers
Graphic Changes: Lifeguard: Slipstream removed from main illo (thus no longer obscuring her); 1 secondary illo now captioned; 2 new captioned secondary illos; Slipsteam: only his own illo remains.

Magik
Hardcover Volume: 7
Now Listed As: Magik (Illyana Rasputin)
Page Count: Increased from 2 to 3
Text Changes: Known Relatives, Education, and Eyes expanded. History somewhat revised and expanded, including splitting the 1st paragraph in 3 and the 3rd paragraph in 2. Abilities/Accessories somewhat expanded.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one removed). The secondary illos that weren’t captioned before now are, 5 new captioned secondary illos.

Marauders
Text Changes: new final History paragraph. Art credit corrected.

Irene Merryweather
Text Changes: New half-sentence added to end of History.

New X-Men
Hardcover Volume: 8
Page Count: Unchanged at 2
Text Changes: Final sentence and a half of History replaced with new expanded text, then 4 new paragraphs added
Graphic Changes: The uncaptioned illo now captioned; headshots removed.

Cassandra Nova
Text Changes: Known Relatives revised

Phoenix
Page Count: Unchanged at 4
Text Changes: A couple History paragraph mergers, then new sentence added to end of final paragraph
Graphic Changes: One secondary illo less cropped; one new captioned secondary illo

Predator X
Hardcover Volume: 9
Text Changes: Real Name, Known Relatives, Group Affiliation, Education revised. Final History paragraph greatly expanded at end, then new final paragraph. Eyes revised. Abilities/Accessories completely rewritten

Savage Land Mutates
Hardcover Volume: 10
Text Changes: Known Members recaptioned Current Members. Former Leaders category added. More alter egos added to History, then new final paragraph.
Graphic Changes: New machine secondary illo; Headshots: Magneto’s alter ego revised, Zaladane’s and Lorelei’s removed. Zaladane a bit more cropped. Aside from Magneto, Zaladane, and Sauron, headshots replaced with bodyshots (in some but not all cases the same illo from the headshot was used). Leader info removed from Brainchild image; Lupo also has a second captioned secondary illo (only one lists issue Active). Amphibius also has a headshot sharing the caption with the larger illo

Selene
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. History and Abilities/Accessories considerably revised. Eyes revised.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one removed); 1 secondary illo removed, 1 captioned; 2 new captioned secondary illos

Shi’ar
Page Count: Increased from 4 to 5
Text Changes: Known Members and Base of Operations revised. Traits somewhat reworded. History greatly revised/expanded. Note added.
Graphic Changes: 7 new secondary illos (6 captioned); Occupations added to headshots and if deceased, so noted; 18 headshots removed, 10 added, 1 recaptioned.

Starjammers
Hardcover Volume: 11
Text Changes: Current and Former Members and Base of Operations revised. History somewhat revised/expanded. Note added
Graphic Changes: Uncaptioned secondary illo now captioned; some headshot cropping; alter egos and Corsair’s living status removed from headshots

SWORD
Now Listed As: S.W.O.R.D.
Text Changes: Current Members revised. Colossus’ alter ego added to History, then new final History paragraph
Graphic Changes: secondary illo now embedded in main illo; headshots: Brand illo replaced with new one; Spider-Woman added; issues Active instead of First Appearance (though of the old headshots this only impacts Lockheed)

Trish Tilby
Hardcover Volume: 12
Text Changes: Aliases, Occupation, Group Affiliation revised. 2/3 sentence added to end of History, other minor revisions
Graphic Changes: new captioned secondary illo

X-Cell
Hardcover Volume: 13
Graphic Changes: Headshots: alter egos removed; Cross: issue died removed, new headshot image

X-Factor Investigations
Hardcover Volume: 13
Text Changes: Members revised as Current Members and Former Members. Base of Operations revised. History greatly revised/expanded, especially starting on 2nd page
Graphic Changes: Old main illo removed; new main illo with captions, new secondary illo

Armor
Hardcover Volume: 1
Page Count: Unchanged at ½

Ghoul
Hardcover Volume: 5
Text Changes: Eyes tweaked. Intelligence, Energy Projection on Power Numbers revised

Johnny Dee

Mammomax

Pandemic

Petra
Graphic Changes: new headshot

Sway

X-Men Roster Update
Now Listed As: X-Men
Page Count: Increased from ½ to 12
Text Changes: Vital Statistics and History added; some material from headshots added to Vital Statistics (see below)
Graphic Changes: new main illo and 29 new secondary illos (19 captioned). Headshots: Membership status removed, now indicated by Current/Former Members text categories, though living status not carried over; references to flashbacks removed; alter egos removed, moved to the various members categories; all but one headshot replaced with new image, then 64 additional headshots added, plus 47 new sub-team headshots and 3 new imposter headshots

sucellos11
May 19, 2010, 10:33 am

Great! :clap: Keep it going Andy! Have a nice deserved break till volume 14.

Stuart V
May 29, 2010, 11:07 am

jannepie wrote:

I might have something here. In SWORD's entry, Agent Paulletz' first appearance is Astonishing X-Men #20, but I'm thinking that he's already in #19, page 6, behind the Beast. He's the one doing the yelling and we see later that he is the squad leader.

Yes, agreed. The entry is in error.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera