Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/05/2020 11:00 am  #1

Planet Hulk: Gladiator Guidebook

Historical text from Comixfan

Eric J. Moreels

Apr 18, 2006, 06:39 pm

Coming in July from Marvel Comics...

PLANET HULK: GLADIATOR GUIDEBOOK
Written by ANTHONY FLAMINI & GREG PAK

How did the Empire rise to power? What is the origin of the Death’s Head Guard? Who are the Spikes? Learn the answers to these questions, plus many more revelations, in the pages of the Planet Hulk: Gladiator Guidebook – an essential companion to Greg Pak’s top-selling PLANET HULK storyline! Featuring profiles on the Hulk, the Silver Surfer and the Brood, the Gladiator Guidebook presents a detailed look into the planet Sakaar and its many inhabitants!

48 PGS./NO ADS/Rated T+ ...$3.99

eh_ver

Apr 19, 2006, 08:42 am

This is by far the oddest handbook I've seen solicited. I love the idea behind it, but it seems just wild that the few issues of Planet Hulk we've seen so far would encompass a handbook. I'm assuming this will be an extension of the story, rather than a 'summary' of it, like the handbooks tend to be? I actually haven't picked up Planet Hulk, originally being biased based on is supposed connection to all the other lame events Marvel has going, but its looked pretty solid so far. I may pick this handbook up, money provided that week.

jannepie

Apr 20, 2006, 07:40 am

I already pre-ordered this one. I wonder how much will be new material and how much will be profiles of old characters.

eh_ver

Apr 20, 2006, 03:01 pm

I don't even see how many older characters would make it in this handbook. short of silver surfer and hulk, isn't planet hulk pretty much all newbies?

Madison Carter

Jul 20, 2006, 07:29 am

Out now!

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera