Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2020 6:12 am  #1

Marvel Atlas TPB

Historical text from Comixfan:

Eric J. Moreels
Apr 19, 2008, 04:27 pm

Coming from Marvel in June...

MARVEL ATLAS TPB
Written by MICHAEL HOSKIN, STUART VANDAL, ANTHONY FLAMINI & ERIC J. MOREELS
Penciled by ELIOT R. BROWN
Cover by STAZ JOHNSON

Revealed at last - the complete map to Marvel's Earth! A massive guide to the diverse corners of places real and imagined: Dr. Doom's kingdom of Latveria! Silver Sable's nation Symkaria! The Scarlet Witch's native Transia! The Black Panther's royal Wakanda! Ka-Zar's distant Savage Land! From realms as familiar as your home country to the nations of underwater Atlantis and underground Lemuria! All brought to vibrant life by the illustrations of the legendary Eliot R. Brown. Collecting MARVEL ATLAS #1-2.

144 PGS./Rated A …$14.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-2998-1

Tymmster

Apr 29, 2008, 08:09 am

Hmmm...No Hardcover version?

Especially for 14.99?

Roger Ott

Apr 29, 2008, 03:03 pm

Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my head around how two $3.99 issues equates to a trade paperback of $14.99. Some interesting marketing magic going on there.

Tymmster

May 1, 2008, 03:01 pm

Yeah, I'm a hardcore fan of this stuff, but if thats what its really gonna be, I'm gonna have to pass on it.

If it was a hardcover for 14.99, I know I would actually still complain, but probably fold. 14.99 for a TPB of two issues is just plain silly.

Blue_Shield

May 5, 2008, 02:10 pm

Is anything new going to be added?

Tymmster

Jul 2, 2008, 12:33 am

I saw it and although a fan, I just could not justify it. The cost between the two single issues and the TPB was too much for nothing extra in return.

Hopefully it will pop up along with some other stuff in hardcover form somewhere down the line.

Historical text from Capes (Optional)
MISSING. While this thread was never added to in the CxPulp era, there were a number of posts in the Capes (Optional) era.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

1/23/2020 3:53 pm  #2

Re: Marvel Atlas TPB

Back at capesoptional, I had posted a number of fictional countries that were never placed in the Marvel Atlas, no doubt because they are obscure and easy to miss, or else the writers of the Atlas didn't have the space to cover them.  Unfortunately, I lost all of my research on this fun topic due to a computer crash, so I have tried to recover whatever I can of it from various sources.  Below is what I have been able to cobble together, but I know there were others beyond what I have below.  If anyone can find any others (I'm pretty sure there were others in Royal Roy, for example), I would be very interested in any info on these obscure countries posted in this thread.

Alslavia (Marvel Mystery Comics #22)
Attainia (American Ace stories)
Boravia (Joker Comics #1, also in Spider-Man newspaper strip, but that's a different continuity)
Bestria (Star Detective Magazine vol. 1 #2 [Aug 1935])
Bruklan (The Ghost Rider [Rex Fury] #11)
Bukarina (Star Detective vol. 2 #4 [Jul 1938])
Caruthia (Strange Tales #18)
Cashalot (Royal Roy)
Castile D'Or (American Ace stories)
Cavernia (Journey into Mystery #39)
Costaguay (Chamber of Chills #5)
Druzek (Mystic #49)
Grunau (Astonishing #51)
Khana (Mystic #59)
Khyscz (Marvel Comics Super Special #5)
Kussia (Mystic Comics #3)
Luxem (Royal Roy)
Matador, el (Crash Comics #2 [strongman story])
Mazidor, El (Spellbound #23)
Molivia (Marvel Mystery Comics #5)
Nichestein (Battle #16)
Polaria (Crash Comics #5 [Strongman story])
Prussland (Red Raven Comics #1)
Reichonia (Mystic Comics #1)
Rutania (Crash Comics #3 [Strongman story])
Scanlandia (Crash Comics #4 [Strongman story])
Sovernia (Mystic Comics #2)
Subland (World of Mystery #5)
Teutonia (Mystic Comics #4)
Tigora (Marvel Super Special #34)
Valley of the Mists (hides an unnamed fictional country, Adventures into Terror #27)
Vani Hu (Adventures into Weird Worlds #29)
Wazar (Astonishing #59)

Any more fictional countries (old or new) that an updated Marvel Atlas should place?

Board footera