Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2023 5:48 am  #1

Thermo

Requested by skippcomet. 

Thermo

Identity: Secret

Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record

Place of Birth: Unrevealed

Marital Status: Single

Known Relatives: None

Group Affiliation: None

Base of Operations: Mobile

History: Tommy Jones was a student at Empire State University when he was exposed to an experimental substance that gave him the ability to generate and manipulate intense heat and flame. Inspired by the superhero Spider-Man, Jones adopted the codename Thermo and began using his powers to fight crime.

Thermo quickly established himself as a hero, but his inexperienced and sometimes reckless behavior caused him to clash with other heroes, including the Avengers and the Fantastic Four. Despite his disagreements with other heroes, Thermo continued to fight for justice and protect the innocent.

During one battle with the villainous group known as the Elements of Doom, Thermo was captured and brainwashed into serving their cause. However, he was eventually freed from their control by Spider-Man and other heroes.

Thermo has continued to operate as a solo adventurer, but his reputation as a hot-headed hero has made it difficult for him to work with other heroes.

Powers and Abilities: Thermo has the ability to generate and manipulate intense heat and flame. He can create flame blasts, manipulate existing flames, and even generate heat waves that can melt metal. Thermo is immune to heat and fire, and can also fly by creating updrafts of hot air.

Equipment: None

Weaknesses: Thermo is vulnerable to cold and can be weakened or even incapacitated by extremely low temperatures. He is also susceptible to mental and emotional attacks, and his inexperience as a hero can sometimes lead to reckless behavior.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

3/01/2023 2:29 pm  #2

Re: Thermo

I meant the Thermo who has only been covered in the Appendix section of OHOtMU Vol. 1, #12.

3/01/2023 2:46 pm  #3

skippcomet wrote:

I meant the Thermo who has only been covered in the Appendix section of OHOtMU Vol. 1, #12.

Sometimes the AI "gets creative" and just makes things up if a character is really obscure. That's what happened here. The only Thomas Jones is Alchemy, who's an X-Factor character and not a Spider-Man character.

That's part of the fun of doing these. You never know how accurate the AI is going to be.

3/01/2023 3:53 pm  #4

If it helps at all, AAU Shuperstar and Annie (LMD) are two characters I have a lot of fondness for and the AI completely fabricated their profiles as well. It's pretty shameless about lying.

3/02/2023 7:04 am  #5

Thermo (Walter Michaels)

Identity/Class: Human technology user

Group Membership: None

Affiliations: Captain America (Steve Rogers)

Enemies: AIM

Aliases: None

First Appearance: Captain America #232 (September, 1979)

Powers/Abilities: Thermo has no superhuman powers, but is an expert inventor who has created advanced technology. His most notable invention is his "heat gun," a handheld device that can generate intense heat or cold. He has also demonstrated expertise in electronics, robotics, and physics.

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 185 lbs.

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown

History: Walter Michaels was once a brilliant inventor who developed advanced technology for various organizations, including AIM. He grew disillusioned with the group's goals and eventually left them. He then developed his "heat gun" and became a freelance adventurer, using his inventions to fight against criminal organizations and other threats.

Thermo first encountered Captain America when the hero was investigating AIM's activities. The two worked together to stop AIM's plans and became friends in the process.

Thermo has since continued to use his inventions to fight against various threats, sometimes crossing paths with Captain America and other heroes.

Strength Level: Thermo has the strength level of a normal human who engages in moderate regular exercise.

Note: Thermo was created as part of a partnership between Marvel Comics and the National Fire Protection Association to promote fire safety.

3/02/2023 7:05 am  #6

Not any more accurate. let me try a third attempt using his descriptor.

3/02/2023 7:09 am  #7

Third attempt:

Thermo the Thermatronic Man

Identity: Secret

Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record

Place of Birth: Unrevealed

Marital Status: Single

Group Affiliation: Formerly part of the Fantastic Four and the Avengers

First Appearance: Fantastic Four #131 (1972)

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 170 lbs.

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Blond

Powers and Abilities: Thermo possesses the ability to control and manipulate all forms of energy, including heat, light, radiation, and electricity. He can project blasts of intense heat or cold, create force fields, and fly by manipulating the energy around him. He is also a skilled scientist and engineer, with expertise in various fields including physics and electronics.

Weapons: None

History: Walter Michaels was a brilliant scientist working for Stark Industries when he was exposed to a massive burst of energy that transformed him into Thermo the Thermatronic Man. With his newfound abilities, Thermo joined the Fantastic Four and later the Avengers, using his powers to fight against various threats to the world.

During his time with the Fantastic Four, Thermo helped the team battle the villainous Mad Thinker and his androids. He also worked with the Avengers to stop the villainous Kang the Conqueror from altering the course of history.

After leaving the Avengers, Thermo continued to use his powers for good, often teaming up with other heroes to fight various threats. He has also worked as a consultant for various scientific organizations.

Thermo is a dedicated hero who uses his powers to protect others and help those in need. Despite his incredible abilities, he remains humble and always seeks to do what is right.

3/02/2023 7:09 am  #8

Well, I tried.

3/02/2023 12:11 pm  #9

I appreciate it.

Board footera