Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2023 7:56 pm  #1

Shane Vendrell

I've added spoiler space due to some key and accurate info

Shane Vendrell

Identity/Class: Human

Group Membership: Los Angeles Police Department (formerly), Strike Team (formerly)

Affiliations: Curtis "Lem" Lemansky, Ronnie Gardocki, Terry Crowley, Vic Mackey, Julien Lowe, Danny Sofer, Claudette Wyms, Dutch Wagenbach

Enemies: Armenian mob, Antwon Mitchell, Cruz Pezuela, Margos Dezerian, One-Niner gang, Guardo Lima

Known Relatives: Unnamed mother

Aliases: None

Base of Operations: Los Angeles, California

First Appearance: "Pilot" (The Shield TV series, March 12, 2002)

Powers/Abilities: Shane Vendrell has no superhuman powers, but he is an experienced detective with a street-smart mentality. He is proficient in hand-to-hand combat and has excellent marksmanship. He is also skilled in planting evidence and manipulating crime scenes.

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 180 lbs.

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown

History: Shane Vendrell was a member of the Los Angeles Police Department's Strike Team, led by Detective Vic Mackey. The team was known for its brutal tactics, often resorting to using excessive force to get results. Vendrell was one of the most corrupt members of the team and was involved in various criminal activities, including planting evidence and stealing drugs.

Vendrell's criminal activities eventually caught up with him, and he became a target of the Armenian mob, who threatened to kill him unless he paid them back for the stolen drugs. In a panic, Vendrell killed fellow Strike Team member Curtis "Lem" Lemansky, who had discovered Vendrell's involvement in the drug theft. Vendrell went to great lengths to cover up his crime, including framing another officer, Detective Terry Crowley, for the murder. Vendrell's actions ultimately led to the disbanding of the Strike Team.

Vendrell's mental state deteriorated rapidly following Lemansky's death, and he became increasingly paranoid and unstable. He allied himself with Antwon Mitchell, a drug dealer and gang leader, and became involved in various criminal activities, including extortion and murder. Vendrell's actions ultimately led to his downfall, and he committed suicide by shooting himself in the head rather than face arrest and prosecution.

Comments: Shane Vendrell was portrayed by Walton Goggins.

Clarifications: Shane Vendrell has no known connections to:

Vendetta, Italian vigilante, @ Punisher War Journal#64
    Vengeance (Michael Badilino), Ghost Rider character, @ Ghost Rider III#1
    Vengeance (Kowalski), former foe of Werewolf, @ Werewolf by Night#6
    Vengeance, the Spirit of Retribution, @ Ghost Rider III#93
    Vindicator (Heather Hudson), Canadian superhero, @ X-Men I#109
    Vindicator (James MacDonald Hudson), Canadian superhero, @ X-Men I#120
    Vindiktor, armored Soviet villain, @ Iron Man I#109

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera