Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2023 1:30 pm  #1

The Cavalry (MCU)

The Cavalry

Occupation: Former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Identity: Publicly known

Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record

Place of Birth: Unknown

Marital Status: Divorced

Known Relatives: William May (father, deceased), Lian May (mother)

Group Affiliation: S.H.I.E.L.D.

Base of Operations: S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 120 lbs.

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Black

Strength Level: Melinda May possesses the strength level of a normal human female who engages in moderate regular exercise.

Known Abilities: Melinda May is a highly skilled martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant, with extensive training in a variety of fighting styles, including Muay Thai, Judo, and Aikido. She is also an expert marksman, proficient in the use of a wide range of firearms and weapons. May is a highly disciplined agent who maintains her cool under pressure and is skilled in covert operations, espionage, and intelligence gathering.

Equipment: May is often equipped with various standard-issue S.H.I.E.L.D. gadgets and weapons, including a tactical vest, a sidearm, and a communication earpiece. She has also used specialized weapons, such as her signature "Cavalry" weapon, a staff that can be used for both melee combat and as a projectile weapon.

History: Melinda May, known as "the Cavalry", is a highly skilled and respected agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. She has been with the organization for over twenty years, and has a reputation for being one of their most effective and deadly agents.

May's career has been marked by many notable accomplishments, including serving as a member of Phil Coulson's team during the events of the Battle of New York and the Hydra uprising. May also served as Coulson's second-in-command during the early days of his tenure as Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

May has faced many challenges over the years, including being betrayed by her ex-husband and being forced to kill a young girl in self-defense, an event that led to her taking a leave of absence from S.H.I.E.L.D. for a time. Despite these challenges, May has remained a dedicated and loyal agent, and has continued to contribute to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s mission to protect the world from threats both internal and external.

In recognition of her service and accomplishments, May was eventually promoted to the position of Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., where she oversaw the organization's efforts to rebuild in the wake of the Hydra uprising. Under her leadership, S.H.I.E.L.D. was able to regain the trust of the public and the world's governments, and has continued to play a crucial role in protecting the world from various threats.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

3/05/2023 4:11 am  #2

Re: The Cavalry (MCU)

I recall seeing her father alive, not dead, in an episode (played by the great James Hong), and I'm pretty sure she took a post at the SHIELD academy, while it was Mac MacKenzie (Henry Simmons) who became the new director of SHIELD.  Also, some mention of just how close her relationship with Coulson became would have been nice.

9/01/2023 9:24 am  #3

Re: The Cavalry (MCU)

I asked ChatGPT to do Piper and instead it redid Cavalry:

Aliases: The Cavalry, Mel, Agent May
Identity: Public
Citizenship: American
Place of Birth: Phoenix, Arizona
Known Relatives: Andrew Garner (Ex-Husband), Robin Hinton (Ex-Foster Daughter)
Group Affiliation: S.H.I.E.L.D. (formerly)
Education: Unspecified
First Appearance: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013) - TV Series
History: Melinda May, known as Agent May, is a highly skilled and renowned field operative in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), first introduced in the TV series Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. May earned her reputation as one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s best agents due to her exceptional combat skills, piloting expertise, and unflinching dedication.

Agent May's history is marked by a tragic event in which she was forced to confront a dangerous situation in Bahrain, earning her the nickname "The Cavalry." This incident had a profound impact on her and led to a period of emotional withdrawal and reluctance to engage in field missions.

Throughout her tenure in S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent May served as a mentor to new recruits and played a key role in various missions, including dealing with Inhuman threats and Hydra conspiracies. Her strong leadership and unwavering commitment to her colleagues made her an invaluable asset to the organization.

Agent May's journey also involved complex relationships, including her marriage to Andrew Garner, a psychologist, and her connection with Robin Hinton, an Inhuman girl she fostered.

Height: 5'4"
Weight: Unspecified
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Abilities: Agent May is an expert martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant, proficient in various fighting styles. She is highly skilled with a variety of weapons and has exceptional marksmanship. Her piloting abilities are also remarkable, allowing her to handle aircraft with precision.

Accessories: Agent May typically carries a range of S.H.I.E.L.D. equipment and weaponry, including firearms and tactical gear. Her combat attire is designed for flexibility and protection in the field.

Notable Appearances:

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013-2020) - TV Series
    Appearances in MCU tie-in comics

Agent May's character in the MCU TV series exemplifies resilience, leadership, and a commitment to doing what's necessary for the greater good. Her evolution throughout the series, from the haunted agent known as "The Cavalry" to a respected mentor and field operative, showcases her depth as a character.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera