Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/04/2020 3:48 pm  #1

Handbooks post-Avengers Assemble (2012)?

Historical info from Comixfan

tolnex

Feb 13, 2013, 04:19 pm

Hey

is there any handbooks published after 2012's Avengers Roll Call? we were getting at least 1 every month or so till then, then it appears to have dried up, except for the paperback versions of the HC A-Z (which doesn't interest me - i would rather have HC Update vols featuring post HC A-Z listings from the 2010 5 issue Update series onwards - maybe enough for 3 or 4 HCs?).

This forum is where i check for things like this every few months but nothing seems to be happening?

cheers
tolnex

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 13, 2013, 04:53 pm

Due to sales the Handbooks are taking a break, though profiles due appear still from time to time in non-Handbooks. The only material published after Roll Call was A-Z softcover#5 (even the softcovers stopped after that) and the Punisher Index trade. The closest thing we're likely to see to a new Handbook this year is the Wolverine Index trade.

Eduardo M.

Feb 14, 2013, 08:36 am

I hope the handbooks return soon. There are still tons of characters who have never received entries and several characters that have had major changes happen to them since they last had entries

zuckyd1

Feb 14, 2013, 08:42 am

I think that Marvel at the very least should put out an "annual".

Eduardo M.

Feb 14, 2013, 04:09 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

I think that Marvel at the very least should put out an "annual".

I'm thinking something like the Women in Marvel Handbook. Like releasing an Iron Man handbook trade. In addition to entries it have some update pages ala the trades of the A-Z hardcovers to cover people who have things happen to them but don't warrant an entry in the book

tolnex

Feb 14, 2013, 05:45 pm

thanks for the heads up
its a shame they're on hiatus - they're the only marvel books i buy these days aside from Essentials!!!
at least i'm not missing anything

cheers

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera