Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2021 3:01 pm  #91

Re: Poster/Pin-Up Type Entries

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Savage Sword of Conan #9 has a map called The Hyborian Age, reprinted in volume 3 of the Dark Horse trade series. Does anyone know if the map is the same as the following?:
Savage Sword of Conan #124 (May 1986) The Hyborian Age of Conan

That map, or nearly identical versions of it, has appeared numerous times, beginning with Conan the Barbarian #1 (Oct 1970). 

4/29/2021 7:52 am  #92

Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #3 (1981) [Essential Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man] The Office! (schematic of Empire State University’s bio-physics department office)

After The Office there are the following 1 page pinups: Morbius the Living Vampire, Gibbon, Dr. Jonas Harrow, Hammerhead. Presumably these are in the Essential volume as well. The Essential is v3.

4/29/2021 8:10 am  #93

Web of Spider-Man Annual #3 (1987)
Here's a more accurate listing of the contents: Spider-Man; Peter Parker; The Secrets of Spider-Man!; Mary Jane Parker; Peter and MJ’s Apartment (2 pages); Daily Bugle; Empire State University; Betty Brant Leeds; The Stacy Family; The Jameson Family; The Robertson Family; May & Ben Parker; Aunt May’s Boarders; Harry, Liz, & Norman Osborn; Flash Thompson; The Distaff Side; Hobgoblin; The Kingpin of Crime; The Rose; Basilisk, The Big Wheel; The Black Cat (two 1-page pinups); Cyclone; The Dark Rider; Drom the Backward Man; The Grizzly; The Human Fly; Jeremiah; Jigsaw; Man-Killer; The Men-Fish; Midas the Golden Man; Mindworm; Mirage; Monstroid; Moondark; Moondog; Rocket-Racer; The White Dragon; Will-O’-The-Wisp; Stegron the Dinosaur Man; The Wraith

The Distaff Side includes capsules for Silver Sable, Spider-Woman (Carpenter), Glory Grant, Kathryn Cushing, Joy Mercado, and Sha-Shan.
The Secrets of Spider-Man is not a pinup but a 4 page explanation of his powers, so I’m not sure it belongs.

4/29/2021 8:14 am  #94

SPIDER-MAN BY ROGER STERN OMNIBUS reprints the entries from:
Amazing Spider-Man Annual#15
Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #3 (including the new ones I added)
Web of Spider-Man Annual #3 - from Basilisk through Wraith (although only the first Black Cat)

Last edited by zuckyd1 (4/29/2021 9:28 am)

5/12/2021 9:01 am  #95

HEROES REBORN: HYPERION & THE IMPERIAL GUARD #1 (Jul 2021)
Key Members of the Imperial Guard:
Hyperion 1/6
Gladiator 1/6
Oracle 1/6
Flashfire 1/6
Neutron 1/6
Manta 1/6

5/17/2021 6:16 am  #96

In MICRONAUTS volume 1 #4 (1979) there is a diagram of the Micronauts' ship, the HMS Endeavor

5/17/2021 6:25 am  #97

I think there may have been a number of Micronauts entries that were lost in the crash. I'll see if I can reassemble them.

5/17/2021 7:57 am  #98

MICRONAUTS #1(Jan 1979)
Meet: The Micronauts
(1 page total)
Commander Arcturus Rann
Marionette
Baron Karza
Bug
Acroyear, Prince of Acroyears and Prince Shaitan
Biotron and Microtron
The Shadow Priests

MICRONAUTS #2 (Feb 1979)
Time Traveler 1

MICRONAUTS #3 (Mar 1979)
Baron Karza 1

MICRONAUTS #4 (Apr 1979)
The Homeworld Microship Endeavor 1

MICRONAUTS #23 (Nov 1980)
Homeworld Micro Ship Endeavor 3/8

MICRONAUTS #24 (Dec 1980)
Map of Homeworld—The Molecular Center of the Subatomic Microverse 2
(including First Zone: The Royal City, First Zone: The Royal Palace, First Zone: The Body Banks, Industrial Zone, Farm Zone, Oceania, Sea Zone, Subzero Zone, Polaria, Tropica, Aegypta, Sandzone, Primal Zone, The Dead Zone)

MICRONAUTS ANNUAL #2 (1980)
Commander Arcturus Rann (including Endeavor, Baron Karza, Lord Dallan Rann & Lady Sepsis, Chief Scientist Karza, Shadow Priests, Biotron, Time Traveler) 1
Princess Mari… Marionette 1
The Mighty Acroyear, King of Spartak 1
Bug 1

MICRONAUTS Vol. 2 #1 (Oct 1984)
(capsules)
Commander Rann
Marionette
Acroyear
Huntarr
Bug

MICRONAUTS SPECIAL EDITION #1 (Dec 1983)
Meet: The Micronauts 1 R
Baron Karza 1 R

MICRONAUTS SPECIAL EDITION #2 (Jan 1984)
Map of Homeworld 2 R

MICRONAUTS SPECIAL EDITION #3 (Feb 1984)
The Homeworld Microship Endeavor 1 R

MICRONAUTS SPECIAL EDITION #4 (Mar 1984)
Time Traveler 1 R

MICRONAUTS SPECIAL EDITION #5 (Apr 1984)
Homeworld Micro Ship Endeavor 3/8 R

FUTURE TENSE #2 (Nov 12 1980)
Commander Arcturus Rann 1 R

FUTURE TENSE #3 (Nov 19 1980)
Princess Mari… Marionette 1 R

FUTURE TENSE #4 (Nov 26 1980)
Bug 1 R

FUTURE TENSE #6 (Dec 10 1980)
Time Traveler 1 R

FUTURE TENSE #12 (Jan 21 1981)
Homeworld Micro Ship Endeavor 3/8 R

FUTURE TENSE #15 (Feb 11 1981)
Meet: The Micronauts 1 R
Baron Karza 1 R

FUTURE TENSE #40 (Dec 1981)
Map of Homeworld—The Molecular Center of the Subatomic Microverse 2 R

STAR WARS WEEKLY #51 (Jan 24 1979)
Meet: The Micronauts 1 R (also in some subsequent issues)
Baron Karza 1 R

STAR WARS WEEKLY #52 (Jan 31 1979)
Time Traveler 1 R

STAR WARS WEEKLY #61 (Apr 25 1979)
The Homeworld Microship Endeavor 1 R

5/27/2021 5:36 am  #99

Going through these now. Where are the Strange Academy Class Descriptions reprinted from?

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

5/27/2021 6:36 am  #100

Also is there a blanket title for the capsule entries in Micronauts v2 #1?

5/27/2021 7:10 am  #101

Auditing the Amazing Spider-Man material using the DVD-ROM and the Essential volumes (early Essential; volumes tended to leave out the posters so should not be included).

Amazing Spider-Man #213 had a lot of untitled headshots previously listed as posters. Deleting them from the main post but so as to not lose the info entirely they are:
Spider-Man (full body), May Parker, Betty Brant, Peter Parker, Liz Allan, J. Jonah Jameson, Flash Thompson, Doctor Octopus, Chameleon, Tinkerer, Tinkerer alien, Doctor Doom, Lizard, Burglar, Vulture, Sandman, Living Brain, Electro, Human Cannonball, Great Gambonnos, Clown, Princess Python, Ringmaster, Scorpion, Beetle, Kraven the Hunter, Green Goblin, Mysterio, Fancy Dan, Montana, Ox, Big Man, Stan Lee, Steve Ditko

Also adding headers (which actually helps with the issue of Web of Spider-Man Annual #3 having two Black Cat posters).

5/27/2021 8:02 am  #102

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Going through these now. Where are the Strange Academy Class Descriptions reprinted from?

STRANGE ACADEMY #2 (June 2020)

5/27/2021 8:03 am  #103

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Also is there a blanket title for the capsule entries in Micronauts v2 #1?

No

5/27/2021 8:11 am  #104

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Amazing Spider-Man #213 had a lot of untitled headshots previously listed as posters. Deleting them from the main post but so as to not lose the info entirely they are:
Spider-Man (full body), May Parker, Betty Brant, Peter Parker, Liz Allan, J. Jonah Jameson, Flash Thompson, Doctor Octopus, Chameleon, Tinkerer, Tinkerer alien, Doctor Doom, Lizard, Burglar, Vulture, Sandman, Living Brain, Electro, Human Cannonball, Great Gambonnos, Clown, Princess Python, Ringmaster, Scorpion, Beetle, Kraven the Hunter, Green Goblin, Mysterio, Fancy Dan, Montana, Ox, Big Man, Stan Lee, Steve Ditko

Are you sure it's #213? I'm not seeing any headshots.

5/27/2021 8:13 am  #105

zuckyd1 wrote:

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Are you sure it's #213? I'm not seeing any headshots.

Typo: It's #23 that I'm deleting the info from.

I'm doing a lot of changes so the info is still on the online version but that will change before the end of the day.

5/27/2021 9:05 am  #106

Looks like Civil War Chronicles was a multi-issue reprint series and not a one-shot. Does anyone know which issue had the profiles and where, if reprinted, was the original source? I've been going through the Civil War DVD-ROM (which includes everything but the reprints) but haven't been able to find the profiles.

5/27/2021 10:13 am  #107

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Looks like Civil War Chronicles was a multi-issue reprint series and not a one-shot. Does anyone know which issue had the profiles and where, if reprinted, was the original source? I've been going through the Civil War DVD-ROM (which includes everything but the reprints) but haven't been able to find the profiles.

CIVIL WAR CHRONICLES #1 (Oct 2007)
Captain America 1/3
Iron Man 1/3
Speedball 1/3

CIVIL WAR CHRONICLES #3 (Dec 2007)
Peter Parker/Spider-Man 1/4
Mary Jane Watson-Parker 1/4
May Parker 1/4

CIVIL WAR CHRONICLES #4 (Jan 2008)
Thor 1/2
Iron Man 1/2

CIVIL WAR CHRONICLES #6 (Mar 2008)
Gods of Thunder! (including Dr. Donald Blake, Sigurd Jarlson, Eric Masterson, Beta Ray Bill) 1
Fantastic Four 1/2
Avengers 1/2

CIVIL WAR CHRONICLES #7 (Apr 2008)
S.H.I.E.L.D. 1/2
Norman Osborn 1/2

CIVIL WAR CHRONICLES #8 (May 2008)
Wolverine 1/2
Punisher 1/2

CIVIL WAR CHRONICLES #9 (Jun 2008)
Captain America’s Greatest Allies (including Bucky, The Invaders, The Avengers, The Falcon) 1
Namor 1/2
Ms. Marvel 1/2

CIVIL WAR CHRONICLES #12 (Sep 2008)
Jean Grey 1
Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) 1

5/27/2021 10:23 am  #108

Thank you. So all these are new, and not from the titles being reprinted?

5/27/2021 10:26 am  #109

Pretty sure they're all new.

5/27/2021 11:13 am  #110

Thank you for all your additions, zuckyd1.

I did a massive audit using Essentials and DVD-ROMs. This resulted in one incorrect citation being fixed (Inside the Baxter Bldg was from FF Annual #1, not 3) and additional material from Fantastic Four and Avengers being added. In addition I added select material from the current one-shot Hellfire Gala Guide.

You probably won't be surprised that this was all leading to me moving the main post into a Google doc. This thread has proven to be particularly difficult to maintain the formatting of on Boardhost, so I've been planning to do this for a while now. See first post for the list.

5/27/2021 11:42 am  #111

BTW I'm assuming that the UK Micronauts came after the US version. If any came out even a week earlier, I'll treat that as the original source.

For anyone with Masterworks, could you audit the volumes for the posters and either confirm the posters are in there or let me know they aren't please? I'm not worried about in-story schematics as they'll obviously be in there, but non-story material might be omitted as happened with early Essential volumes.

5/27/2021 3:32 pm  #112

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

BTW I'm assuming that the UK Micronauts came after the US version. If any came out even a week earlier, I'll treat that as the original source.

US comics typically came about around 3 months before their cover date. I don't know how far in advance UK comics come out, but based on their system I'm guessing perhaps a week before. (Perhaps Loki knows.) Micronauts Annual #2 was released in July, 1980. So it seems in all cases the US version was released first.

5/27/2021 3:40 pm  #113

I agree that's most likely, but since I'm a lot more familiar with the US/Canadian system than the UK system, I figured I'd put that out there. I know the former system pretty well; three months until 1989 then two months after that.

5/28/2021 2:09 pm  #114

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

For anyone with Masterworks, could you audit the volumes for the posters and either confirm the posters are in there or let me know they aren't please? I'm not worried about in-story schematics as they'll obviously be in there, but non-story material might be omitted as happened with early Essential volumes.

I checked the relevant volumes and all the posters are included.

BTW I didn't realize we were including all posters, not just those with reference information.

5/28/2021 5:29 pm  #115

Here's what happened there: When I was auditing things I noticed that some that were already on the list had no data. I decided to amend the 4th criteria, but only in select cases. I'm giving a bit of leeway but only for Lee/Kirby or Lee/Ditko material because they arguably led to the the more stats type posters and thus have some historical value. If people would rather even they not be included, I can take them out. A lot of stuff that doesn't fit the criteria is already on the list (many thing are less than half a page for examp-le) so I see this thread as looser and less scientific for lack of a better word than other threads.

6/02/2021 11:32 am  #116

About:
Eternals #7 (March 2021) The Machine
the right issue is #1 and there are two pages:

first page (lists of names only):
Eternals #1 (March 2021) ETERNALS
Olympia, Polaria, the Exclusion, the Oceanic Watch,  the Celestial Priests, Titanos Hermits, the Lemurian Mission, the Gaian Sisters, the Tricks, the Forgotten, the Hex, Damocles Foundation, location unknown
(do you want I write the names?)

second page (map):
Eternals #1 (March 2021) The Machine
Titanos, Oceana, Celestia, the Exclusion, Polaria

Last edited by mal32 (6/02/2021 11:33 am)

6/03/2021 6:38 am  #117

THE TRIALS OF LOKI: MARVEL TALES #1 (Aug 2021)
map of Yggdrasil and the Nine Realms 1 R (from Loki (2010) #2)

6/09/2021 10:58 am  #118

EXCALIBUR #21 (Aug 2021)
Coven Akkaba 1
Braddock Isle 1

6/13/2021 6:11 am  #119

SGT. FURY #1 (May 1963)
Meet the Howling Commandos (including Sgt. Nick Fury, Jonathan “Junior” Juniper, Robert “Rebel” Ralston, Corporal “Dum-Dum” Dugan, Gabriel Jones, Dino Manelli, Izzy Cohen) 2
Weapons of War (including Revolver M 92, Pistol M 25, Nagant Revolver, Mauser Pistol M 98, Webley Pistol M 1913, Steyr Pistol M 11) 1

SGT. FURY #2 (Jul 1963)
The Enemy That Was!: The German Infantryman 1
Weapons of War!—“Chatter Guns” of World War II (including Thompson Submachine Gun M1, Shmeisser M 38 (Burp Gun), Sten Submachine Gun Mk 1, Beretta Submachine Gun, H.&R. Reising Submachine Gun M55, Bergmann Submachine Gun M 34) 1

SGT. FURY #3 (Sep 1963)
“America’s World War II Shopping List!” (including Light Tank, Flying Fortress B-17E, 75 mm. Self-Propelled Gun, Sound Locator, 81 mm. Mortar, Army Mule) 1

SGT. FURY #4 (Nov 1963)
Weapons of War!: “Combat Rifles” of World War II (including Rifle M1 (Garand), Mosin Nagant Rifle, Arisaka ’38 Rifle, Pattern ’14 Rifle Mk. 1, Mauser Rifle: Kar ’98) 1

SGT. FURY #5 (Jan 1964)
Weapons of War: Light Machine Guns of World War II (including Johnson Light Machine Gun M’44, Bren Light Machine Gun, Dreyse-Solothurn Light Machine Gun M.G. ’42, Breda Light Machine Gun, Degtyarov Light Machine Gun) 1

SGT. FURY #6 (Mar 1964)
(The existing listing incorrectly lists “America’s World War II Shopping List!” for this issue.)

SGT. FURY #14 (Jan 1965)
Weapons of War!: B-26 Martin Marauder 1
(The existing listing misspells it as “Martian Marauder”.)

SGT. FURY ANNUAL #1 (1965)
Meet the Howling Commandos (including Sgt. Nick Fury, Jonathan “Junior” Juniper, Robert “Rebel” Ralston, Corporal “Dum-Dum” Dugan, Gabriel Jones, Dino Manelli, Izzy Cohen) 2 R
Bird’s-Eye View of H.Q., Able Co. at Fury’s Base in Britain! 1
Plane's-Eye View of Base Tactical Area, Sub-Pen, Dock and Air-Strip! 1
Combat Arm and Hand Signals 1
(The existing listing misspells it as “Combat Arms and Hand Signals”.)

SGT. FURY KING-SIZE SPECIAL #3 (Aug 1967)
Percival “Pinky” Pinkerton 1/2
Dum Dum Digan 1/2
Robert “Rebel” Ralston 1/2
Gabriel Jones 1/2
Eric Koenig 1/3
Izzy Cohen 1/3
Dino Manelli 1/3
Sgt. Nick Fury 1/2
Captain Happy Sam Sawyer 1/2
Lady Pamela Hawley 1/3
Nina Bergson 1/3
Jonathan “Junior” Juniper 1/3
Sgt. Bull McGiveney and his Maulers 1/2
Ricketts Johnson 1/2
Colonel Klaue and the Blitz Squad 1
(The existing listing omits several of these.)

SGT. FURY KING-SIZE SPECIAL #5 (Aug 1969)
Fury's Friends -- and Foes! (including Baron Strucker, “Japanese officer”, Vice Admiral Ribbendorf, Colonel Klaue, The Agent of a Thousand Faces, General von Krummpt, Hargrove, Junior Juniper, Hans Rooten, Frenchie, Happy Sam Sawyer, Capt. Flint, Sister Theresa, Pamela Hawley, Ilsa Koenig, Sophia, Carla, Nina, Irma, Frau Gerta, Dr. Terry Reiker) 3
Weapons of War: Light Machine Guns of World War II (including Johnson Light Machine Gun M’44, Bren Light Machine Gun, Dreyse-Solothurn Light Machine Gun M.G. ’42, Breda Light Machine Gun, Degtyarov Light Machine Gun) 1 R
U.S. “Sherman” 1/3
Nazi “Tiger” 1/3
British “Churchill” 1/3
Heinkel He III 1/3
Junkers Ju 87 1/3
Junkers Ju-88 1/3
Boeing B-17 Fortress 1/3
Vickers Wellington 1/3
North American B-25 Mitchell 1/3

6/13/2021 6:11 am  #120

SGT. FURY AND HIS HOWLING COMMANDOS #161 (Dec 1980)
Fury's Friends -- and Foes! (including Baron Strucker, “Japanese officer”, Vice Admiral Ribbendorf, Colonel Klaue, The Agent of a Thousand Faces, General von Krummpt, Hargrove, Junior Juniper, Hans Rooten, Frenchie, Happy Sam Sawyer, Capt. Flint, Sister Theresa, Pamela Hawley, Ilsa Koenig, Sophia, Carla, Nina, Irma, Frau Gerta, Dr. Terry Reiker) 3 R

SGT. FURY AND HIS HOWLING COMMANDOS #165 (Aug 1981)
Weapons of War (including Revolver M 92, Pistol M 25, Nagant Revolver, Mauser Pistol M 98, Webley Pistol M 1913, Steyr Pistol M 11) 1 R
Weapons of War!—“Chatter Guns” of World War II (including Thompson Submachine Gun M1, Shmeisser M 38 (Burp Gun), Sten Submachine Gun Mk 1, Beretta Submachine Gun, H.&R. Reising Submachine Gun M55, Bergmann Submachine Gun M 34) 1 R

SGT. FURY AND HIS HOWLING COMMANDOS #166 (Oct 1981)
Meet the Howling Commandos (including Sgt. Nick Fury, Jonathan “Junior” Juniper, Robert “Rebel” Ralston, Corporal “Dum-Dum” Dugan, Gabriel Jones, Dino Manelli, Izzy Cohen) 2 R (retitled as “Re-Introducing the Original Howling Commandos)

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: SGT. FURY VOL. 1 (2006)
Meet the Howling Commandos (including Sgt. Nick Fury, Jonathan “Junior” Juniper, Robert “Rebel” Ralston, Corporal “Dum-Dum” Dugan, Gabriel Jones, Dino Manelli, Izzy Cohen) 2 R
Weapons of War (including Revolver M 92, Pistol M 25, Nagant Revolver, Mauser Pistol M 98, Webley Pistol M 1913, Steyr Pistol M 11) 1 R
The Enemy That Was!: The German Infantryman 1 R
Weapons of War!—“Chatter Guns” of World War II (including Thompson Submachine Gun M1, Shmeisser M 38 (Burp Gun), Sten Submachine Gun Mk 1, Beretta Submachine Gun, H.&R. Reising Submachine Gun M55, Bergmann Submachine Gun M 34) 1 R
“America’s World War II Shopping List!” (including Light Tank, Flying Fortress B-17E, 75 mm. Self-Propelled Gun, Sound Locator, 81 mm. Mortar, Army Mule) 1 R
Weapons of War!: “Combat Rifles” of World War II (including Rifle M1 (Garand), Mosin Nagant Rifle, Arisaka ’38 Rifle, Pattern ’14 Rifle Mk. 1, Mauser Rifle: Kar ’98) 1 R
Weapons of War: Light Machine Guns of World War II (including Johnson Light Machine Gun M’44, Bren Light Machine Gun, Dreyse-Solothurn Light Machine Gun M.G. ’42, Breda Light Machine Gun, Degtyarov Light Machine Gun) 1 R

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: SGT. FURY VOL. 2 (2008)
Weapons of War!: B-26 Martin Marauder 1 R
Bird’s-Eye View of H.Q., Able Co. at Fury’s Base in Britain! 1 R
Plane's-Eye View of Base Tactical Area, Sub-Pen, Dock and Air-Strip! 1 R
Combat Arm and Hand Signals 1 R

ESSENTIAL SGT. FURY VOL. 1 (2011)
“America’s World War II Shopping List!” (including Light Tank, Flying Fortress B-17E, 75 mm. Self-Propelled Gun, Sound Locator, 81 mm. Mortar, Army Mule) 1 R
Weapons of War!: “Combat Rifles” of World War II (including Rifle M1 (Garand), Mosin Nagant Rifle, Arisaka ’38 Rifle, Pattern ’14 Rifle Mk. 1, Mauser Rifle: Kar ’98) 1 R
Bird’s-Eye View of H.Q., Able Co. at Fury’s Base in Britain! 1 R
Plane's-Eye View of Base Tactical Area, Sub-Pen, Dock and Air-Strip! 1 R
Combat Arm and Hand Signals 1 R

SGT FURY EPIC COLLECTION: THE HOWLING COMMANDOS (2019)
The Enemy That Was!: The German Infantryman (original art) 1

S.H.I.E.L.D.: SECRET HISTORY (2016)

Board footera