Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2021 11:52 am  #61

Re: The OHOTMU Master List (also Files, Guidebooks, and Related Works)

That's something I'll look into. I did try to make that happen but wasn't able to make that work in the first try (I'm using WPS Writer rather than Word). I'll look into that further, but at least in the short term, knowing the page number should speed things up a little.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

3/07/2021 12:21 pm  #62

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

That's something I'll look into. I did try to make that happen but wasn't able to make that work in the first try (I'm using WPS Writer rather than Word). I'll look into that further

It might need to be done within Google Docs.

3/07/2021 1:02 pm  #63

zuckyd1 wrote:

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

That's something I'll look into. I did try to make that happen but wasn't able to make that work in the first try (I'm using WPS Writer rather than Word). I'll look into that further

The problem is, I prefer to work from a copy on my hard drive and then move to Google docs after; I'm a bit of a traditionalist and like having offline copies of things. I will look into this further later.

3/07/2021 2:16 pm  #64

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

zuckyd1 wrote:

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

The problem is, I prefer to work from a copy on my hard drive and then move to Google docs after; I'm a bit of a traditionalist and like having offline copies of things. I will look into this further later.

You probably could work in Google docs and then download an offline copy from there.

3/07/2021 3:10 pm  #65

More specifically I'm accustomed to working from an offline doc. Part of my Asperger's is, if there's a way I've always done something, I like to keep doing it that way or close to it. I'll look into ways of adding the links later. It looks like it's possible in WPS.

A bigger priority for me at the moment is I'm adding the host entry names to sub-entries, headshots, etc. I'll upload the initial batch of these later today.

3/07/2021 3:36 pm  #66

I'll do a bit more work on it later, but I've determined that WPS links work when uploaded. Once all the sections are linked, I'll delete the Contents.

3/07/2021 5:50 pm  #67

Okay: Replaced the Table of Contents with Hyperlinks, added clarifiers to headshots and the like up to #10, started a new section indexing editorial pieces. Started tracking Henry Peter Gyrich vs Henry Gyrich (for entry spelling purposes), Started tracking Dweller in Darkness vs Dweller-in-Darkness (ditto).

3/08/2021 9:12 am  #68

The subentry clarifiers are something I've wanted for a long time and will be very helpful. I'm sure it's a lot of work—thanks for doing this!

3/08/2021 9:23 am  #69

zuckyd1 wrote:

The subentry clarifiers are something I've wanted for a long time and will be very helpful. I'm sure it's a lot of work—thanks for doing this!

Glad you like them. I've wanted them for a while as well, especially since there have been times, when adding info from a new Handbook, where I've had to flip through a hardcover to see if they're the version who's been covered before; a needle in a haystack type situation. It was only space limitations that prevented me from doing this sooner.

3/08/2021 6:03 pm  #70

Updated clarifiers and made other changes up to Deluxe #6

3/09/2021 6:37 pm  #71

Updated clarifiers and made other changes to the End of Deluxe, plus the unique material from the original trades, Update '89, the Marvel Encyclopedias, X-Men 2004, Spider-Man 2004. I don't have the first encyclopedia; I assumed it had the Power Ratings page but if anyone wants to list the other editorial pages, I'll add. I won't list the editorial pages from ME3 because I don't have that one and because it's pretty all entirely editorial pages as far as I can tell.

Working through Master Edition. One thing I'm doing for the first time with that one is adding the characters listed in the Membership Rosters, as well as noting where entry names differ from the front of the sheet to the back.

3/10/2021 6:29 pm  #72

Currently tackling the modern era in mostly chronological order, though to save time I'm matching with hardcovers where applicable. Up to A-Z #3 and Marvel Legacy 1970s.

3/11/2021 6:47 pm  #73

Updated to All-New #9 and connecting hardcovers. Added any headshots from Civil War Files that had a descriptor. Various other changes.

For profile names I'm alphabetizing as follows: Spaces and special characters ignored as before; where names match, the parentheses material is first sorted alphabetically by real surname/only name, then alpabetically by descriptors if no real name/real name unknown.

3/12/2021 8:18 am  #74

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

I don't have the first encyclopedia; I assumed it had the Power Ratings page but if anyone wants to list the other editorial pages, I'll add.

Introduction 1
Avengers 2
Fantastic Four 2
MK/MAX 2
Spider-Man 2
X-Men 2
Ultimate Marvel 2
The Call of Duty 2
Power Ratings 1

The chapter openings (Avengers through Call of Duty) are currently listed in the Master List as regular profiles, but they're really not. For example, Spider-Man is currently listed as having a 6 page profile. It's really a 2 page chapter opening and a 4 page profile. MK/MAX (currently in the Master List as "Marvel Knights") and Ultimate Marvel are about the publishing imprints, not Reality-1610, etc. Avengers, FF, and X-Men are also not formal profiles—although they do describe the teams, which otherwise do not receive entries.

3/13/2021 12:24 pm  #75

Thank you for letting me know. Those changes have been included in the latest batch. Thanks in particular for pointing out which listings weren't true entries. The latest batch has been updated to Marvel Zombies and connecting hardcovers.  I noticed that the Olympians headshots from Mighty Avengers weren't previously included so they're there now.

One thing that was taken out after a brief discussion with Loki is the Cerebro Files. They seem to be gone permanently (last seen over a decade ago) so there's no point in keeping them, they're electronic while everything is print so they don't really belong, and an unofficial site (Uncanny X-Men) has its own Cerebro Files, which could cause  confusion. If you really do want the Cerebro Files, they're still in Eric's older historical version.

Also noticed that Marvel Tarot wasn't in the Master List at all so I folded that in as well as I could. That one's especially confusing so I relied a lot on the inside cover titles rather than what was on the actual page. I wasn't sure if Judgement is Ghost Rider/Blaze or Ghost Rider/Ketch, so since passing judgement is more Ketch's thing I went with the latter. But I'm open to suggestions if you think anything from that book should be reworked.

3/14/2021 5:35 pm  #76

Updated to Hardcover #2 (with softcover extras) and All-New Iron Manual. Lots of real names and realities added for the first time. I looked into addiing in the original Iron Manual but there's just no practical way to fold in the information from that particular book, sadly. Most of the book could be trated as one log Iron Man's Armor entry, but there are bits and pieces of the book that don't fit that.

3/15/2021 5:39 pm  #77

Adding code names to the Fight Man headshots in Hardcover #4, using info in Fight Man's history. Is the Crimeasaurus in the headshots Haru Takahashi or Spencer Breen?

3/15/2021 6:35 pm  #78

Updated to hardcover #4

3/18/2021 6:19 pm  #79

Updated to Blockbusters. though I didn't find anything to add from that particular title.

3/19/2021 7:25 am  #80

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Adding code names to the Fight Man headshots in Hardcover #4, using info in Fight Man's history. Is the Crimeasaurus in the headshots Haru Takahashi or Spencer Breen?

Breen

3/25/2021 2:54 am  #81

Hello to everyone from Italy.
May I ask you what is happened to the MASTER LIST? I cannot see it anymore, sorry.
It seems disappeared because I can see only the comments.
Ciao and thanks for everything you do.

3/25/2021 3:00 am  #82

I see! The Master List is now in a Google document.
Thank you.

mal32 wrote:

Hello to everyone from Italy.
May I ask you what is happened to the MASTER LIST? I cannot see it anymore, sorry.
It seems disappeared because I can see only the comments.
Ciao and thanks for everything you do.

3/25/2021 5:32 am  #83

zuckyd1: Thank you for the clarification. It will be in the next update.

mal32: Yes. What happened was I was running into serious space limitations and the occasional coding issue. It was also a pain to copy and paste separate sections. Uploading a separate document solved that and also allowed me to expand the document in ways I was unable to before with the space limitations and also allow for jumping to sections in the document. So my feeling is that while it's an extra step to view now, the benefits make it a more than fair tradeoff.

5/28/2021 1:24 pm  #84

The Captain Universe entry in Annihilation: Conquest Omnibus adds a headshot for “Unidentified Veterinary Student”.

6/01/2021 11:01 pm  #85

Red Skull (Albert Malik) has not update on Captain America: America’s Avenger
CAmAA 1 upd should go to:
Red Skull (Johann Shmidt)

6/20/2021 11:00 am  #86

From the APPENDIX: OTHER DIMENSIONS in the Deluxe Edition, we miss:
NIRVANA Del #11 App
OTHERWHERE Del #11 App
REALM OF THE SHADOW QUEEN Del #12 App

Rodann Del #9 as Kingdom of Tazza
should be:
Rodann Del #9 App as Kingdom of Tazza

Quadriverse Del #12
should be:
Quadriverse Del #12 App

Olympia Del #9 1, Del #11 App
should be:
Olympia Del #9 1
because it doesn't appear in the Appendix of #11

Citadel of Silence of Mount Wundagore Del #6 App as Citadel of Silence; Atlas #1 1 sub (Transia) as Citadel of Silence of Mount Wundagore

because the CITADEL OF SILENCE from AVENGER ANNUAL 1 is different from the CITADEL OF SILENCE of Wundagore, we should have:

CITADEL OF SILENCE Del #6 App
CITADEL OF SILENCE OF MOUNT WUNDAGORE Atlas #1 1 sub (Transia)

6/21/2021 8:21 am  #87

mal32 wrote:

From the APPENDIX: OTHER DIMENSIONS in the Deluxe Edition, we miss:
NIRVANA Del #11 App
OTHERWHERE Del #11 App
REALM OF THE SHADOW QUEEN Del #12 App

Rodann Del #9 as Kingdom of Tazza
should be:
Rodann Del #9 App as Kingdom of Tazza

Quadriverse Del #12
should be:
Quadriverse Del #12 App

Olympia Del #9 1, Del #11 App
should be:
Olympia Del #9 1
because it doesn't appear in the Appendix of #11

Citadel of Silence of Mount Wundagore Del #6 App as Citadel of Silence; Atlas #1 1 sub (Transia) as Citadel of Silence of Mount Wundagore

because the CITADEL OF SILENCE from AVENGER ANNUAL 1 is different from the CITADEL OF SILENCE of Wundagore, we should have:

CITADEL OF SILENCE Del #6 App
CITADEL OF SILENCE OF MOUNT WUNDAGORE Atlas #1 1 sub (Transia)

I add that the CITADEL OF SILENCE in another dimension appeared only in the AVENGERS ANNUAL 1 and the CITADEL OF SILENCE of MOUNT WUNDAGORE is in Earth-616

6/30/2021 11:38 pm  #88

About OTHERWORLD and AVALON: Avalon is a place inside the Otherworld Dimension, so I think we could unite:
Avalon (mystic dimension) Del #6 App, MTar caps (Planes Prelude), Hardc #12 App
together with:
Otherworld EncM 2, Hardc #14 5

7/04/2021 12:28 pm  #89

Amiko WolEn #1, ME2X ⅓
Kobayashi, Amiko WWpXF ½, Hardc #14 ½

These are the same character.

7/05/2021 3:22 am  #90

About:
Lucifer Orig #7 App, Del #18 2, Mas #18 2, MZom head (Demons), MZom 1, Hardc #3 head (Demons), Hardc #6 1

There are two Lucifer, the Quists one and the demons one, so we should separate them:
Lucifer (Quist) Orig #7 App, Del #18 2, Mas #18 2
Lucifer (demon) MZom head (Demons), MZom 1, Hardc #3 head (Demons), Hardc #6 1

Board footera