Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/16/2021 10:57 am  #541

Re: TV Series Trivia

6 isn't the person I'm thinking of. I haven't seen AD so I don't know how close the clues also come to that character.

The rest are correct. For 7 the singer was David Bowie (playing himself). For 8, Ali G tried to do his own James Bond movie. For 16, the politician was Ronald Reagan.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

10/16/2021 11:00 am  #542

To further narrow down 6 to avoid overlap with other characters, the character later abandoned their company and the parent is their mother.

10/17/2021 4:34 am  #543

Remaining answers:

6. I run a major company and am trying to restore the family name, largely ruined by one of my parents and especially one of my siblings. I have trouble letting my guard down, so when I do, I bond deeply with my friends. If anyone betrays this trust, especially by lying to me, I won't become the villain the world already thinks I am, but the former friend might have trouble telling the difference.
ADD: (Later) A perceived betrayal led me down a bad path, but I've come back from that, regaining the trust of those I hurt and learning to trust them in return.

Lena Luthor, Supergirl (mother being Lillian - actually stepmother but she usually calls Lillian her mother - and sibling of course being half-brother Lex).

9. I once accidentally burned my parents alive. I'm actually an okay guy if you earn my loyalty, but if you tell anyone, I'll kill you. And that goes double if you tell anyone I pretend to be a woman so I can write romance novels.
Add: I suck at parenting but I'm trying to be better.

Mick Rory (romance author name is Rebecca Silver), originally Flash but mainly Legends of Tomorrow. An early season 2 episode made it clear that the murder of his parents was accidental.

20. I travel through time but don't quite know how to control my time machine. I picked up some friends mid-20th century and keep trying to get them back to their proper time. If you try to hurt any of them I'll zap you!
Add: My zaps have a way of making things worse, but I keep trying!

Cupcake, Fonz and the Happy Days Gang. She tries zapping at least once an episode.

10/17/2021 6:24 am  #544

More "In their own words".

1. My dad favoured my sibling more than me, seeing me as too weak even though I helped solve crimes in my way. I gained abilities around the time my sibling was murdered (my powers are not due to anything the killer did) and continued to use the abilities for good after I avenged their death.

2. I an of royalty and appeared to be mild mannered but I secretly defend my realm in a powered form. People see what they want to see: I show more skin in my powered form and even though my uncovered face looks almost identical to my royalty face, just more tanned, no one I haven't entrusted with the secret makes the connection.

3. I have the ability to turn things into something else a lot worse by changing just once letter in their name, something I quite enjoy doing. Unfortunately my arch nemesis has the same power and always changes things back.

4. My husband is an athlete and both of us cheerfully cross moral lines. I'm particularly manipulative and once after being convicted of a crime I paid someone else to pose as me to do my community service for me.

5. I'm tough as nails and spent a lot of time as a criminal, using my powers to make trouble. I even posed as someone on another world with the same powers, only their powers were artificial. But someone decided to play as parent figure for me and took me down a path I hadn't expected.

6. I'm a celebrity with an adoptive sibling. One of my parents was very controlling and forced me into being a celebrity when very young. Outwardly I'm bright and cheerful but inwardly I'm as much of a mess as my sibling. After getting powers I started crossing lines and somehow I went from being the moral centre to my sibling to the other way around, or at least they would have been had I only listened.

7. When I was younger I was bullied and called a jinx by my peers. When I gained powers I was helped by a team and eventually worked as part of a trio. Despite that bullying, I've thrived and become very self-confident as part of that trio.

8. I was a famous movie star who died too young. A family later bought my house, which I haunt, and I help the family's teenage son, who is usually the only one who can see or hear me.

9. I am a youth with a very strange ability. A freak accident merged me with a vehicle, and now temperate extremes turn me too and from that vehicle.

10. Ever see Groundhog Day? Well, that's what happened to me, only not to learn a lesson but to fix a problem. I kept living the same day over until I solved the crime I needed to solve.

11. I'm a cop, part of a group of especially though cops who are not above crossing lines to stop bad guys or even to enrich ourselves. I'm very loyal to my friends, even if they don't always like what I do, such as burning some bad money that was hurting the crew. I've learned something really bad about the leader of my crew.

12. I live an island community and love spending time with my family. I fell in love with someone in a big city a fair ways a way but while their family is also good people, I get bored if I stay with them too long.

13. I'm a sports agent turned manager who is trying to move my sports team to a new location. Only I grew up in the city where the team is based and I'm starting to sabotage my own efforts to move the team.

14. I'm a plucky reporter and computer geek who is aware of how much weirdness that is starting to appear. After learning my best friend is part of that weirdness I start to help him behind the scenes.

15. I'm the leader of a large nation. I have a next door neighbour who visits me regularly. I playfully threaten my spouce with domestic violence. Luckily they know I'm only kidding.

16. I'm a Christian who died for my faith and was brought back to life, one of a number of people brought back, all of us a lot younger. I'm in love with a former leader who is attracted to another former leader, who in turn is attracted to yet another former leader who's a womanizer.

17. I'm a cop from one European country who sometimes works cases with a cop from another European country. Our primary languages are different. I don't easily connect with people, and possibly have Asperger's, but I do care about people even though I don't show is easily.

18. I was a sex robot working at a brothel. I became sentient and killed a john who wouldn't accept no. This murder made me seem scary to one family my fellow robots got in contact with, but I eventually bonded with them.

19. I work for a brutal but effective top secret spy agency. I helped train a woman who was coerced into joining the agency. I love her but I don't handle emotions very well and find myself playing head games with her.

20. I'm a psychologist with a secret past who works for a police agency focussing on sociaopaths, despite my lack of police training. But my unconventional methods get things done. I acquired a dog in my first case and regularly bring the dog to work with me. My boss is obsessed with me.

10/17/2021 6:47 am  #545

1. He-Man?
15. George W. Bush?

10/17/2021 6:50 am  #546

1 is incorrect but I think that's only due to a numbering error. 15 is correct so far. Remember to include the shows.

10/17/2021 7:48 am  #547

19 Michael, La Femme Nikita

10/17/2021 7:51 am  #548

19 is correct. While Michael was a fun character, I found myself rooting against him getting together with Nikita because he was too messed up in the way he treated her.

10/17/2021 8:39 am  #549

2. He-Man, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
15. George W. Bush, That's My Bush

10/17/2021 10:44 am  #550

Those two are correct.

10/23/2021 5:22 am  #551

Calling a day on the following, adding a clue to each:

1. My dad favoured my sibling more than me, seeing me as too weak even though I helped solve crimes in my way. I gained abilities around the time my sibling was murdered (my powers are not due to anything the killer did) and continued to use the abilities for good after I avenged their death.
ADD: My dog is a bit wary of my abilities

3. I have the ability to turn things into something else a lot worse by changing just one letter in their name, something I quite enjoy doing. Unfortunately my arch nemesis has the same power and always changes things back.
ADD: My arch nemesis' name sounds a bit like a talk show host.

4. My husband is an athlete and both of us cheerfully cross moral lines. I'm particularly manipulative and once after being convicted of a crime I paid someone else to pose as me to do my community service for me.
ADD: My husband's sport has two names, though we use the original name.

5. I'm tough as nails and spent a lot of time as a criminal, using my powers to make trouble. I even posed as someone on another world with the same powers, only their powers were artificial. But someone decided to play as parent figure for me and took me down a path I hadn't expected.
ADD: My counterpart was a natural hero; I had to grow into that role.

6. I'm a celebrity with an adoptive sibling. One of my parents was very controlling and forced me into being a celebrity when very young. Outwardly I'm bright and cheerful but inwardly I'm as much of a mess as my sibling. After getting powers I started crossing lines and somehow I went from being the moral centre to my sibling to the other way around, or at least they would have been had I only listened.
ADD: I had a talk show

7. When I was younger I was bullied and called a jinx by my peers. When I gained powers I was helped by a team and eventually worked as part of a trio. Despite that bullying, I've thrived and become very self-confident as part of that trio.
ADD: I gained powers during puberty. Nothing gave me my powers.

8. I was a famous movie star who died too young. A family later bought my house, which I haunt, and I help the family's teenage son, who is usually the only one who can see or hear me.
ADD: Some have claimed that the stars don't shine as bright since my passing.

9. I am a youth with a very strange ability. A freak accident merged me with a vehicle, and now temperature extremes turn me to and from that vehicle.
ADD: I have a mysterious arch nemesis.

10. Ever see Groundhog Day? Well, that's what happened to me, only not to learn a lesson but to fix a problem. I kept living the same day over until I solved the crime I needed to solve.
ADD: In case it wasn't already clear, I'm a cop.

11. I'm a cop, part of a group of especially though cops who are not above crossing lines to stop bad guys or even to enrich ourselves. I'm very loyal to my friends, even if they don't always like what I do, such as burning some bad money that was hurting the crew. I've learned something really bad about the leader of my crew.
ADD: I'm based in LA.

12. I live an island community and love spending time with my family. I fell in love with someone in a big city a fair ways a way but while their family is also good people, I get bored if I stay with them too long.
ADD: The person I fell in love with and I live in different countries, but our two countries are very connected.

13. I'm a sports agent turned manager who is trying to move my sports team to a new location. Only I grew up in the city where the team is based and I'm starting to sabotage my own efforts to move the team.
ADD: The team I have an interest in is hockey.

14. I'm a plucky reporter and computer geek who is aware of how much weirdness that is starting to appear. After learning my best friend is part of that weirdness I start to help him behind the scenes.
ADD: I maintain a wall to track the weirdness

16. I'm a Christian who died for my faith and was brought back to life, one of a number of people brought back, all of us a lot younger. I'm in love with a former leader who is attracted to another former leader, who in turn is attracted to yet another former leader who's a womanizer.
ADD: All of us are part of an experiment that began in the 1980s.

17. I'm a cop from one European country who sometimes works cases with a cop from another European country. Our primary languages are different. I don't easily connect with people, and possibly have Asperger's, but I do care about people even though I don't show is easily.
ADD: Unlike the cop I sometimes work with, I work on the mainland of my continent.

18. I was a sex robot working at a brothel. I became sentient and killed a john who wouldn't accept no. This murder made me seem scary to one family my fellow robots got in contact with, but I eventually bonded with them.
ADD: I've dated a human of the same sex as me.

20. I'm a psychologist with a secret past who works for a police agency focussing on sociopaths, despite my lack of police training. But my unconventional methods get things done. I acquired a dog in my first case and regularly bring the dog to work with me. My boss is obsessed with me.
ADD: I've had some trauma that my nosy co-workers want to learn more about than I'm willing to share with them.

10/23/2021 5:46 am  #552

5 Black Siren, Arrow

8 Jennifer Farrell, Jennifer Slept Here

10 Taye Diggs, Day Break

11 Curtis Lemansky, The Shield

17 Elise Wassermann, The Tunnel

18 Niska, Humans

10/23/2021 5:49 am  #553

Those six are correct.

10/23/2021 12:38 pm  #554

12 Stacey, Gavin and Stacey

10/23/2021 12:40 pm  #555

14 Chloe Sullivan, Smallville?

10/23/2021 12:45 pm  #556

9 Brett Matthews, Turbo Teen

10/23/2021 12:47 pm  #557

This three are correct. Stacey's full name at the start of the series (and possibly at the end; not saying either way) is Stacey West. Chloe maintained a Wall of Weird. Nxivm may or may not have qualified (normally the Wall involves superhuman activities). I would have also accepted Turbo Teen as 9's name since that was his code name.

10/23/2021 1:00 pm  #558

16 Joan of Arc, Clone High

10/23/2021 2:24 pm  #559

16 is correct. Joan was attracted to Abe Lincoln who was attracted to Cleopatra who was attracted to JFK.

10/24/2021 5:25 am  #560

Remaining answers:

ADD: My dog is a bit wary of my abilities

Flash/Barry Allen, Flash (1990 series); brother Jay was killed by Nicholas Pike around the time he got his powers. His dog Earl is a bit spooked by his powers.

3. I have the ability to turn things into something else a lot worse by changing just one letter in their name, something I quite enjoy doing. Unfortunately my arch nemesis has the same power and always changes things back.
ADD: My arch nemesis' name sounds a bit like a talk show host.

Spellbinder, the arch nemesis of Letterman

ADD: My husband's sport has two names, though we use the original name.

Tanya Turner, Footballers Wive$; the sport of course is football/soccer

ADD: I had a talk show

Patsy Walker, Jessica Jones; Jones was her sister by adoption. It was her mom who pushed her into becoming a celebrity.

ADD: I gained powers during puberty. Nothing gave me my powers.

Firestar/Angelica Jones, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. Bullies called her Angelica the Jinx prior to her being trained by the X-Men and later joining the Spider-Friends.

ADD: The team I have an interest in is hockey.

Brett Parker, Power Play. The team was the Hamilton Steelheads.

20. I'm a psychologist with a secret past who works for a police agency focussing on sociopaths, despite my lack of police training. But my unconventional methods get things done. I acquired a dog in my first case and regularly bring the dog to work with me. My boss is obsessed with me.
ADD: I've had some trauma that my nosy co-workers want to learn more about than I'm willing to share with them.

Anne Fortier, Fortier. She works for la SAS - la Section anti-sociopathes.

11/07/2021 7:13 am  #561

Who plays/played (including voice actors)...
1. Batman on The Adventures of Batman?
2. Aeryn Sun on Farscape?
3. Spider-Man on The Electric Company?
4. Mr. Cool on Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends?
5. Col. Decker on The A-Team?
6. Rose Tyler on Doctor Who?
7. Omniman on Invincible?
8. Donna Smoak on Arrow?
9. Gideon on Legends of Tomorrow?
10. Gideon on The Flash (modern series)?
11. Leopold Fitz on Agents of SHIELD?
12. Spider-Man on The Amazing Spider-Man? [name both the official actor and the stuntman who appeared as Spider-Man more often than the official actor)
13. Super Dave Osborne on Bizarre (and other shows)?
14. Norman Buntz on Hill Street Blues?
15. Alan Partridge on I'm Alan Partridge (and other shows)?
16. Colleen Blessed on Power Play?
17. Spider-Woman on Spider-Woman?
18. Janette on Forever Knight?
19. Chloe O'Brian on 24?
20. Plastique on Smallville?
21. The Ghost on The Flash (1990 series)?
22. The Penguin on Batman: The Animated Series?
23. Spider-Man on Spider-Man: The New Animated Series?
24. El Lincoln on Misfits of Science?
25. Jennifer Farrell on Jennifer Slept Here?

11/07/2021 10:35 am  #562

2. Claudia Black
6 Billie Piper
7 JK Simmons
11 Iain de Castecker
15 Steve Coogan
18 Deborah Duchene
19 Alison Mack
21 Anthony Starke

11/07/2021 10:40 am  #563

1. Kevin Conroy?
12. Nicholas Hammond
17. Joan Van Ark?

11/07/2021 1:04 pm  #564

1 and 19 are incorrect. 12 is correct for the credited actor, so just need the stuntman. The rest are correct.

11/07/2021 6:19 pm  #565

23 Neil Patrick Harris

11/07/2021 6:40 pm  #566

23 is correct.

11/13/2021 7:11 am  #567

Calling a day on the following:
Who plays/played (including voice actors)...
8. Donna Smoak on Arrow?
12. Spider-Man on The Amazing Spider-Man? [name both the official actor and the stuntman who appeared as Spider-Man more often than the official actor) [Nicholas Hammond is official actor]
19. Chloe O'Brian on 24?

11/14/2021 6:27 am  #568

Remaining answers:

Olan Sloule

Danny Seagren

Frank Welker

Lance LeGault

8. Donna Smoak on Arrow?
Charlotte Ross

Amy Pemberton

Morena Baccarin

12. Spider-Man on The Amazing Spider-Man? [name both the official actor and the stuntman who appeared as Spider-Man more often than the official actor) [Nicholas Hammond is official actor]
Fred Waugh was the stuntman; notably he scaled the upper part of the Empire State Building

Bob Einstein

Dennis Franz

Kari Matchett

19. Chloe O'Brian on 24?
Mary Lynn Rajskub

Jessica Parker Kennedy

Paul Williams

Kevin Peter Hall

Ann Jillian

Board footera