Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2022 12:06 pm  #181

Re: Movie Trivia

Random questions:
1. In one DCEU movie two characters have the exact same name? Which movie and which characters? I discovered this when compiling names for an upcoming collage
2. In American Psycho, one of Patrick Bateman's kills was down to which Huey Lewis and the News song? And what was covering part of the floor during that scene?
3. Who directed Punisher: War Zone
4. According to one song in This is Spinal Tap, where do folks lend a hand in?
5. In which rock and roll movie can you find the song Who the Hell You Think You Are?
6. In which Canadian province was WolfCop filmed in?
7. Which character was supposed to die in Batman (1989) but ended up surviving in the film version?
8. Who was the first actor to play (Lex) Luthor on screen and where?
9. Who played the titular role in the 1980s movie Starman?
10. Which movie has the song Bitchin' in the Kitchen?
11. What was the first MCU movie not to have an end credits scene?
12. Which movie set in the main Troma continuity (such as it is) involves a parallel Earth?
13. What was the inspiration for the first Godzilla movie?
14. Which movie had two would-be 1940s style detectives in a post-apocalyptic future?
15. What was the original name for Reefer Madness?

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

5/02/2022 1:09 pm  #182

9 Jeff Bridges
11. Incredible Hulk
13 Hiroshima bombing

5/02/2022 1:24 pm  #183

9 and 11 are correct. 13 is what I originally thought until I read a book on the history of Godzilla. The answer is close but not quite.

5/09/2022 4:00 am  #184

Calling a day on all but 9 and 11. Given extra time because will be offline most of the day.

5/10/2022 5:49 am  #185

Remaining answers:

1. In one DCEU movie two characters have the exact same name? Which movie and which characters? I discovered this when compiling names for an upcoming collage
Artemis (Amazon and goddess)

2. In American Psycho, one of Patrick Bateman's kills was down to which Huey Lewis and the News song? And what was covering part of the floor during that scene?
Hip to Be Square; newspapers (murder can stain your place with blood and you can't have that). I'd post a link to the scene and a parody but I already did so previously.

3. Who directed Punisher: War Zone?
Lexi Alexander

4. According to one song in This is Spinal Tap, where do folks lend a hand in?
A hellhole. Below is the music video version of the song, with the same lyrics as the one ion the movie

5. In which rock and roll movie can you find the song Who the Hell You Think You Are?
Hard Core Logo. Below is just the song (the actual scene is borderline spoilers).

6. In which Canadian province was WolfCop filmed in?
Saskatchewan

7. Which character was supposed to die in Batman (1989) but ended up surviving in the film version?
Alexander Knox. It took 31 years, but his surviving finally paid off, as he appeared at the start of Arrowverse's Crisis on Infinite Earths..

8. Who was the first actor to play (Lex) Luthor on screen and where?
Tor Johnson, the serial Atom Man vs. Superman

10. Which movie has the song Bitchin' in the Kitchen?
Shock Treatment

12. Which movie set in the main Troma continuity (such as it is) involves a parallel Earth?
Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV

13. What was the inspiration for the first Godzilla movie?
While I'm sure the nuclear bombs dropped on Japan were at least partly in the back of Ishirō Honda's mind, according to The Godzilla Book, the more immediate influence was the nuclear testing going on in the Pacific at the time, which was contaminating the fish.
14. Which movie had two would-be 1940s style detectives in a post-apocalyptic future?
Radioactive Dreams

15. What was the original name for Reefer Madness?
Tell Your Children

Board footera