Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/09/2020 4:31 pm  #1

ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT MARVEL UNIVERSE

Historical text from CxPulp:

ultrabasurero
12-15-2015, 09:16 AM

ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT MARVEL UNIVERSE
Written by VARIOUS
Cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
SECRET WARS has ended, and the Marvel Universe has been reborn — better and brighter than ever before! To celebrate, Marvel is proud to present this all-new, all-different guide to the Universe! This edition includes brand-new profiles on Phil Coulson's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Ms. Marvel (Khan), "Spider-Gwen" Stacy, Lash, Parker Industries, Singularity (A-Force), Ghost Rider (Reyes) and more! Plus updates on major characters starring in new titles: Iron Man (Stark), Ant-Man (Lang), Doctor Stephen Strange, the Inhumans, Thor (Foster) and Wolverine (Kinney)! Also featuring a global-sized entry for Doctor Doom's SECRET WARS patchwork planet, Battleworld! Get in on the ground floor of the All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe which starts now!
64 PGS./Rated T+ ...$4.99

Andy E. Nystrom
12-15-2015, 09:31 AM

Looking forward to this. Looks like no Guidebooks this month but given the choice I much prefer the real thing anyway.

vanhornluke
12-15-2015, 09:37 AM

Sweet!!! :-)

Angelicknight
12-15-2015, 09:40 AM

YAY! Hopefully this means the Handbooks are making a comeback!

Eduardo M.
12-15-2015, 11:17 AM

Awesome. Glad to see Jane Foster's Thor is getting a full blown entry so soon.

skippcomet
12-15-2015, 02:20 PM

To quote Homer, "WOO-HOO!" ;)

JusticeGMH
12-15-2015, 07:18 PM

So excited! Awesome news!

Sidney Osinga
12-15-2015, 07:28 PM

This is ggod news, although I don't see a Guidebook out this month. Hmm.

I don't know who Lash is, though. One of the Inhumans?

And I did see Vision on the cover image so I assume he's going to get an update too.

Angelicknight
12-15-2015, 07:31 PM

Lash is one of the Inhumans also appearing on the Agents of SHIELD TV series as well.

skippcomet
12-16-2015, 03:23 AM

Yay!

We really need a handbook devoted just to major updates for characters and teams that need them. Heck, it's been so long since either Spider-Man/Peter Parker or the X-Men received updates that to create any now might take up half a handbook! (Kidding....I hope.)

Anybody want to speculate on who might be featured/updated besides the ones we know about?

mal32
12-16-2015, 05:22 AM

Angelicknight wrote:

YAY! Hopefully this means the Handbooks are making a comeback!

Let's cross all our fingers...

Andy E. Nystrom
12-16-2015, 07:15 AM

Sidney Osinga wrote:

This is ggod news, although I don't see a Guidebook out this month. Hmm.

I don't know who Lash is, though. One of the Inhumans?

Yes, Lash in an Inhuman. It's not surprising he's in it as he's featured prominently on Agents of SHIELD this season. I noticed the absence of a Guidebook too. Hopefully it's not sales related. It may simply be (and I stress that this is all pure speculation) a combination of not wanting to put out a Handbook and Guidebook the same month (Of course it did happen once already but there was that scheduling quirk with secret Wars being delayed), and Marvel may want to space them out a bit so they don't catch up to the present too quickly. The previous month ends Phase 1's books so March was a logical place to put in a short breather. I do want them to continue but these Handbooks are a lot better.

Sidney Osinga
12-16-2015, 02:33 PM
Considering that the Secret Wars Handbook was the #100th most ordered book for the month, I hope that will mean that we'll see more of them.

Also, just going out on a limb in terms of what we'll see in this one, I'm guessing Spider-Man Noir and/or Spider-Man Captain Britain.

skippcomet
12-17-2015, 04:22 AM

Contents Speculation: Silk (Cindy Moon), Ultimates (post-Secret Wars group), Squadron Supreme (multiversal survivors)

Updates Spec: Daredevil (Matt Murdock), Spectrum (Monica Rambeau)

Blue_Shield
12-20-2015, 06:56 AM

Very exciting news.

Melou
12-21-2015, 01:46 AM
Great news!

skippcomet wrote:

We really need a handbook devoted just to major updates for characters and teams that need them. Heck, it's been so long since either Spider-Man/Peter Parker or the X-Men received updates that to create any now might take up half a handbook! (Kidding....I hope.)

I was kind of hoping an "All-New X-Men Handbook", after the Avengers one.

Sidney Osinga
12-21-2015, 10:31 PM
I'm also going to guess the young "All-New" X-Men will be covered. Also, could it be possible that we may finally get to see the much delayed entry for Red Ronin?

Andy E. Nystrom
12-22-2015, 08:38 PM

Sidney Osinga wrote:

I'm also going to guess the young "All-New" X-Men will be covered. Also, could it be possible that we may finally get to see the much delayed entry for Red Ronin?

I'm hoping they will be covered, but it may depend on if Marvel has decided if they diverged or not. It's hard to imagine that they haven't by now, but if there's still the chance of them going back to the 616 past I can see Marvel holding off.

Sidney Osinga
12-23-2015, 05:09 PM

I saw a page from this book in the newest Marvel Previews. If any of you heard a tortured scream around 11:40 AM EST, it came from me.

rplass
12-24-2015, 03:39 AM

I saw it too. I did not hear a scream because I was screaming at the same time and couldn't hear your scream over my scream. Mine was more of a yelp, for the record

I'm really looking forward to this new book!

Andy E. Nystrom
12-24-2015, 12:21 PM

Hmm, the glass half full is most of the stats are still there, it's just more in the Guidebook layout, so shorter History, Powers section and the like. But definite preference for the format we've seen the past few years.

skippcomet
12-25-2015, 05:23 AM

Any chance this sample entry is online?

Andy E. Nystrom
12-25-2015, 05:39 AM

skippcomet wrote:

Any chance this sample entry is online?

Doesn't appear to be so far. It's the entry for Lash.

Angelicknight
12-26-2015, 07:57 PM
Sample page [image missing]

Eduardo M.
?? 10:16 AM
Not feeling the use of the Guidebook layout. I wonder why the change?

Andy E. Nystrom
??  06:13 PM

Eduardo M. wrote:

Not feeling the use of the Guidebook layout. I wonder why the change?

Probably a sales decision. I'm not thrilled but I get the reasoning. The diehard Handbook fans will keep buying them and they're hoping the new layout will attract more readers.

zuckyd1
?? 07:44 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Probably a sales decision. I'm not thrilled but I get the reasoning. The diehard Handbook fans will keep buying them and they're hoping the new layout will attract more readers.

Did the MCU guidebooks sell especially well?

skippcomet
??  05:07 AM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Even before this, I was wondering if the Handbook format was going to evolve again...

Historical text from Capes (Optional):
MISSING

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera