Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/06/2020 6:58 am  #121

Re: TV Series Trivia

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

This quiz is similar to the last one, except all the answers begin with A (for both this quiz and the comic version I’ll be doing both regular quizzes and working my way through the alphabet as the mood strikes me). Ignore “The” and the like. For people’s names, use the first name for purposes of alphabetizing.

3.The Jeffersons spun out of which show?
7.This popular 1950s show, one of the first with a black cast is now largely considered to be racist by today’s standards.
8.One of the names for a show featuring Roger Ebert and Gene Siskel
11.Bob Saget was the original host of this long running series.
15, Television network acronym in both the United States and Australia (not spelling out the same)
16.TV show based on the Evil Dead movies
18.Superhero created for the Super Friends
19.Show that shared the same name as a completely unrelated Marvel comics series

3. All in the Family
7. Amos & Andy
8. At the Movies
11. America's Funniest Home Videos
15. ABC?
16. Ash vs. Army of Darkness?
18. Apache Chief (when I was a child I thought his name was Apacheechee)
19. Alias

10/06/2020 7:02 am  #122

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

4.Who played a character who adopted the Vic Ferrari persona on Taxi?
10.Gamer Pyle first appeared on this show.
13. This show featured extraterrestrials called Newcomers

4. Andy Kaufman?
10. The Andy Griffith Show?
13. Alien Nation?

10/06/2020 7:19 am  #123

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

5.Science fiction show with one of the main characters played by Desi Arnaz Jr.

Automan.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

9.On Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, Angel’s alter ego.

Angelus

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

13. This show featured extraterrestrials called Newcomers

Alien Nation

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

14. One show had a final episode called “The End” expecting cancellation, only the show ended up getting renewed after all.

Absolutely Fabulous.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

16.TV show based on the Evil Dead movies

Ash vs the Evil Dead.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

17.Hayley Atwell-led series set in the 1950s

Agent Carter

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

19.Show that shared the same name as a completely unrelated Marvel comics series

Avengers

10/06/2020 8:08 am  #124

Most of those (all posts) are correct. If so for 14,, then another show beginning with A wound up in the same situation. For 19 I forgot about Avengers (a bit sleep deprived this morning; should have added a 21st century caveat) so both that and the answer I was looking for, Alias work.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

10/12/2020 5:56 am  #125

Calling a day on the following. I noticed clearing out the answered questions that there were two answers given for the Evil Dead question. The right answer was Ash vs. the Evil Dead

1.Dishpan was a character in this show’s final season.
2.Who was the first host of the American version of The Mole?
6.Walter Steele was a recurring character on which show?
12. The theme to this show began with, “Watch out, ‘cause here we come”.
20.Popular British show about two wealthy adventurers, though not the same two throughout.

10/12/2020 6:08 am  #126

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Calling a day on the following. I noticed clearing out the answered questions that there were two answers given for the Evil Dead question. The right answer was Ash vs. the Evil Dead

1.Dishpan was a character in this show’s final season.
6.Walter Steele was a recurring character on which show?
20.Popular British show about two wealthy adventurers, though not the same two throughout.

1. A-Team
3. Arrow
Scratching my head for 20. Two adventurers, begins with A, could fit The Avengers, but the wealthy bit shoots that down. 

10/12/2020 6:46 am  #127

Those are correct (I believe you meant 6 for your second answer). I actually did mean Avengers for 20. It's been a while since I watched the show but Steed and Peel at least always came across as wealthy when I watched the show, in their demeanor at least.

10/12/2020 8:18 am  #128

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Those are correct (I believe you meant 6 for your second answer). I actually did mean Avengers for 20. It's been a while since I watched the show but Steed and Peel at least always came across as wealthy when I watched the show, in their demeanor at least.

Yes, meant 6, sorry. As for Steed and Peel, they were clearly reasonably well off financially, but I wouldn't have considered them wealthy. 

10/12/2020 8:30 am  #129

Loki wrote:

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Yes, meant 6, sorry. As for Steed and Peel, they were clearly reasonably well off financially, but I wouldn't have considered them wealthy. 

I'd have to rewatch some of them to give specific examples, but that may not happen. I do recall that I was watching episodes for a while but finally hit a wall and couldn't watch the show anyone precisely because they came across as wealthy snobs to me, and I just couldn't spend any more time with them. I realize that's probably not a popular opinion of the show but at some point I realized that what seamed to me to be their overbearing "of wealth" demeanor was interfering with my enjoyment of the series. Very well executed show on an objective level; it was on a subjective level that the show stopped working for me, and it did seem tied to their apparent wealth.

10/13/2020 2:44 am  #130

The remaining two answers:
Anderson Cooper. Between the second season and the first celebrity season he left to become an anchor at CNN. Too bad that didn't work out for him, and he's only been there for 19 years so far.

Alvin and the Chipmunks, which arguably had the catchiest of all the 1980s cartoon theme songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxD6mmJaYqk

10/13/2020 3:46 am  #131

This quiz is similar to the last one, except all the answers begin with B. Ignore “The” and the like. For people’s names, use the first name for purposes of alphabetizing. For multi-part questions, the additional answers follow the same rules.

1.In this comedy adventure series, there was only one onscreen death in its entire run, and it happened in the second episode
2.What were models on The Price is Right collectively referred to in the past?
3.A successful online petition got who to host Saturday Night Live?
4.John Glover played the devil in this short lived series
5.Who was the lead actor on Dream On?
6.What  sci-fi series had its own Silly Putty variant as a promotional tie-in?
7.Rachel Skartsten has been a series regular on two superhero shows beginning with the letter B. Which two?
8.Gil Gerard played the lead character in this sci-fi series
9.Fish was a spinoff of which series?
10.Other than Spider-Man, who else was a recurring superhero on the Electric Company?
11.Who was the comic relief character on New Adventures of Batman?
12.Super Dave Osborne was a recurring character on which comedy show (and who played him)?
13.Sam Witwer played a vampire on which series?
14.Emma Caufield played a demon on which series?
15.Russell Tovey played a werewolf on which series?
16.One of the two lead actors on I Spy, the one who isn’t Robert Culp (I say that because Culp is sometimes called Bob in interviews).
17.This spinoff of Soap actually had more seasons than the core show
18.Which modern era show features a group fighting corrupt superheroes called the Seven, and who leads the rebels?
19.Donnie Wahlberg played a cop in a bad place in his life in which series?
20.Mike Ehrmantraut can found in which two series?

10/13/2020 4:42 am  #132

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

4.John Glover played the devil in this short lived series

Brimstone

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

8.Gil Gerard played the lead character in this sci-fi series

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

13.Sam Witwer played a vampire on which series?

Being Human (US version)

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

14.Emma Caufield played a demon on which series?

Buffy the vampire Slayer

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

15.Russell Tovey played a werewolf on which series?

Being Human (UK version)

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

17.This spinoff of Soap actually had more seasons than the core show

Benson

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

18.Which modern era show features a group fighting corrupt superheroes called the Seven, and who leads the rebels?

The Boys, Butcher

10/13/2020 4:49 am  #133

Those are correct. For 18, Billy Butcher to be precise.

10/13/2020 9:59 am  #134

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

3.A successful online petition got who to host Saturday Night Live?
5.Who was the lead actor on Dream On?
9.Fish was a spinoff of which series?
16.One of the two lead actors on I Spy, the one who isn’t Robert Culp (I say that because Culp is sometimes called Bob in interviews).

3. Betty White
5. Brian Benben?
9. Barney Miller
11. Bat-Mite?
16. Bill Cosby
19. Blue Bloods

10/13/2020 10:03 am  #135

Correct for the most part. I didn't realize about Wahlberg being in Blue Bloods and thus I don't know anything about his character, but I'm going to say no to that one anyway due to a loophole: the question is worded in the past tense, so I'm looking for a show that has ended.

10/13/2020 2:34 pm  #136

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

This quiz is similar to the last one, except all the answers begin with B. Ignore “The” and the like. For people’s names, use the first name for purposes of alphabetizing. For multi-part questions, the additional answers follow the same rules.

2.What were models on The Price is Right collectively referred to in the past?
7.Rachel Skartsten has been a series regular on two superhero shows beginning with the letter B. Which two?
10.Other than Spider-Man, who else was a recurring superhero on the Electric Company?
12.Super Dave Osborne was a recurring character on which comedy show (and who played him)?
20.Mike Ehrmantraut can found in which two series?

2. (Bob) Barker's Beauties
7. Birds of Prey and Batwoman
10. Blue Beetle (my first ever exposure to the name)
19. Broken Badges?
20. Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul (All Hail Jonathan Banks!)

10/13/2020 3:09 pm  #137

2, 7, 10, 20 are Correct. 19 is Incorrect

2. That name probably wouldn't fly today, but Barker's Beauties was definitely what thy were called at the time
7. Skarten was Black Canary on Birds of Prey and is now Alice on Batwoman
10. I don't know if the Electric Company people made a deal with Charlton (who owned BB at the time) or if they were even aware of the comic versions, but same for me. RIP Jim Boyd
20. It's amazing to think that Banks only got cast as Mike because Bob Odenkirk was unavailable to play Saul at one point and they needed to create a new character instead. From that minor inconvenience came one of the all time great TV characters

10/19/2020 3:55 am  #138

Calling a day for the following questions; I narrowed down question 19 to minimize any possible other answers

1.In this comedy adventure series, there was only one onscreen death in its entire run, and it happened in the second episode
6.What  sci-fi series had its own Silly Putty variant as a promotional tie-in?
19.Donnie Wahlberg played a cop in a bad place in his life in which series (cancelled early into its second season)?

10/20/2020 3:15 am  #139

Remaining answers
Batman; Molly died in the second episode (so part 2 of the first two-parter); no one else died on the show. In the first episode Bruce mentions his parents being murdered, but that was offscreen

6.What sci-fi series had its own Silly Putty variant as a promotional tie-in?
Battlestar Galactica (first series); commercials were for Battlestar Galactica Space Glow Putty

Bizarre, Bob Einstein
Here's one clip (one swear word barely audible). I think his act partly inspired the Simpsons' injury leading to injury gags
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGos7T0RKn8

19.Donnie Wahlberg played a cop in a bad place in his life in which series (cancelled early into its second season)?
Boomtown; a brilliant series in search of an audience.

10/20/2020 3:23 am  #140

This quiz is about commercials. It was going to be the letter C but I kept coming up with commercial related questions, so C will have to wait until next week

One thing I was going to work into a question, but then decided it wasn’t fair because specific commercials can vary per region:One episode of Forever Night, with Nick and another vampire’s fangs bared, then cut to a short commercial which went “Trident, good for your teeth, tastes great too”.

1.Commercials for this cat product not found in stores sound rude if you only hear the product name and don’t see it
2.According to a storekeeper in commercials, what aren’t you supposed to squeeze?
3.In Jell-O commercials, who kept talking to Mom (which is now a bit unfortunate)?
4.The song I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing was originally created to sell what product?
5.In one commercial for Rice Krispies, which member of the Partridge Family wanted to sleep?
6.Which brand of cigarette did Fred and Barney hawk in commercials?
7.Which Subway commercial mascot is currently in jail?
8.Who did the Crest Team battle in commercials?
9.In various commercials, who played Ernest?
10. For Smarties commercials (the Canadian kind), what colour Smarties did a singer ask if you eat last? People who live in countries that don’t have Smarties might still get it by guessing random colours.
11.A song advertising this product had the line “Suzy catching up on the math she missed”
12.Which was the mayor in McDonald’s commercials?
13.Commercials claimed that freedom was waiting for you at where?
14.Vicks Formula commercials had actors saying, “I am not a doctor but ____”
15.Who was the Nine Lives cat?
16. What breed of dog was the Taco Bell dog?
17. What was Kool Aid Man’s catch phrase as he broke through walls?
18.In Starkist tuna commercials, who was the tuna who was inexplicably obsessed with being caught by the Starkist people so he could be eaten?
19.In Quaker Life cereal commercials, who was given the cereal because he hates everything?
20.What is the name of the mascot of Frosted Flakes?
21.What is the name of the mascot of Fruit Loops? Obviously he’s deranged because they taste terrible.
20.What is the name of the mascot of Sugar Smacks?
21.Complete this sentence: “Silly rabbit, ____”
22.For one toy, “[Toy name] is [what the toy is supposed to be] spelled backwards”
23. Who is the Hawaiian Punch mascot?

10/20/2020 7:06 am  #141

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

2.According to a storekeeper in commercials, what aren’t you supposed to squeeze?
4.The song I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing was originally created to sell what product?
7.Which Subway commercial mascot is currently in jail?
9.In various commercials, who played Ernest?
14.Vicks Formula commercials had actors saying, “I am not a doctor but ____”
15.Who was the Nine Lives cat?
16. What breed of dog was the Taco Bell dog?
17. What was Kool Aid Man’s catch phrase as he broke through walls?
18.In Starkist tuna commercials, who was the tuna who was inexplicably obsessed with being caught by the Starkist people so he could be eaten?
19.In Quaker Life cereal commercials, who was given the cereal because he hates everything?
20.What is the name of the mascot of Frosted Flakes?
21.What is the name of the mascot of Fruit Loops? Obviously he’s deranged because they taste terrible.
21.Complete this sentence: “Silly rabbit, ____”

2. the Charmin
4. Coca-Cola
7. Jared
9. Jim Varney
14. I play one on TV
15. Morris?
16. chihuahua?
17. Oh yeah!
18. Charlie?
19. Mikey
20. Tony the Tiger
21. Tucan Sam
21. Trix are for kids

10/20/2020 7:31 am  #142

Those are all correct (Toucan Sam). Jared's surname is Fogle

10/20/2020 10:05 am  #143

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

6.Which brand of cigarette did Fred and Barney hawk in commercials?
8.Who did the Crest Team battle in commercials?
10. For Smarties commercials (the Canadian kind), what colour Smarties did a singer ask if you eat last? People who live in countries that don’t have Smarties might still get it by guessing random colours.

6 Winston
8 the Cavity Creeps ("We make holes in teeth!)
10 Red
12 Mayor McCheese

10/20/2020 11:29 am  #144

Those are all correct

10/26/2020 5:20 am  #145

Calling a day on the following (corrected the numbering):
1.Commercials for this cat product not found in stores sound rude if you only hear the product name and don’t see it
3.In Jell-O commercials, who kept talking to Mom (which is now a bit unfortunate)?
5.In one commercial for Rice Krispies, which member of the Partridge Family wanted to sleep?
11.A song advertising this product had the line “Suzy catching up on the math she missed”
22.What is the name of the mascot of Sugar Smacks?
24.For one toy, “[Toy name] is [what the toy is supposed to be] spelled backwards”
25. Who is the Hawaiian Punch mascot?

10/27/2020 7:27 am  #146

Remaining answers:
Catch It (a product for containing kitty poop); these are very much worth watching, though if at work, make sure your earphones are on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlrrVV9uU_c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYm1qIRnqQk

Bill Cosby

Keith (second commercial in link below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ongO0BcDZq0

Commodore 64

Mayor McCheese

7-11

22.What is the name of the mascot of Sugar Smacks?
Dig 'em

24.For one toy, “[Toy name] is [what the toy is supposed to be] spelled backwards”
"Tobor is robot spelled backwards"

25. Who is the Hawaiian Punch mascot?
Punchy

10/27/2020 7:39 am  #147

1.This children’s show was likely the first superhero TV series, preceding even Adventures of Superman
2.Which superhero had two pilots but did not go to series?
3.What was the rank of Henry Morgan’s character on MASH?
4.Troma did a DVD release of some episodes of this British claymation series
5.James Bond made his TV debut on what series, adapting which book? Also, what was his full nickname?
6.This was a mature sitcom starring David Duchovny
7.Which Kevin Smith movie became an animated series?
8.What was the spinoff of Babylon 5?
9.Slim Goodbody was a segment on this children’s show
10.Which game show hosted by Jim Perry began with the letter C?
11.This early cartoon series was infamous for its limited animation
12.What did CHiPs stand for?
13.Candid Camera bits that were too hot for network TV (female nudity) were released on VHS under what name?
14.This Canadian series was entirely a series of circus acts (and host segments)
15.Who was the lead singer in Kid Super Power Hour with Shazam!
16.Which television network used to be the home for Hockey Night in Canada (initials okay if you don’t know how to spell it out)
17.Which television network used to be the home for The Littlest Hobo (initials okay if you don’t know how to spell it out)
18. On MASH, what was Klinger’s rank, and what was he known for doing to try to get out of Korea?
19. John Forsythe voiced an unseen mission leader in this female led action series
20. Robert Knepper played this villain one time each on Arrow and Flash

10/27/2020 7:59 am  #148

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

1.This children’s show was likely the first superhero TV series, preceding even Adventures of Superman
2.Which superhero had two pilots but did not go to series?
6.This was a mature sitcom starring David Duchovny
7.Which Kevin Smith movie became an animated series?
12.What did CHiPs stand for?
19. John Forsythe voiced an unseen mission leader in this female led action series

1. Captain Video?
2. Captain America?
6. Californication
7. Clerks
12. California Highway Patrol?
19. Charlie's Angels

10/27/2020 8:07 am  #149

Those are mainly correct. The full title of 1 is Captain Video and His Video Rangers. 12 should be plural due to the s. But all of these you basically had what I was looking for.

10/27/2020 8:23 am  #150

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

3.What was the rank of Henry Morgan’s character on MASH?

Colonel

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

5.James Bond made his TV debut on what series, adapting which book? Also, what was his full nickname?

Climax!, Casino Royale, Card Sense Jimmy Bond

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

8.What was the spinoff of Babylon 5?

Crusade

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

18. On MASH, what was Klinger’s rank, and what was he known for doing to try to get out of Korea?

Corporal, crossdressing

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

20. Robert Knepper played this villain one time each on Arrow and Flash

Clock King

Board footera