Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2020 3:54 pm  #1

Marvel Westerns: Outlaw Files

Historical text from Comixfan:

Eric J. Moreels
Mar 14, 2006, 11:53 pm

Coming in June from Marvel Comics...

MARVEL WESTERNS: OUTLAW FILES
Written by MICHAEL HOSKIN, STUART VANDAL, RONALD BYRD, JEFF CHRISTIANSEN, SEAN MCQUAID, MARK O'ENGLISH, ANTHONY FLAMINI & MADISON CARTER

Masked men, lawmen, dudes, owlhoots and vigilantes! From the battle of the Alamo to the dusty streets of Tombstone, the men and women of the West that was are finally unearthed in this scrapbook of memories from the personal collection of the modern-day Phantom Rider! Featuring entries on the Black Rider, Tex Dawson, Gunhawk, Kid Colt, the Masked Raider, the Outlaw Kid, the Phantom Rider, the Rawhide Kid, the Steam Rider, the Two-Gun Kid and more!

48 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Playmobil
Mar 15, 2006, 02:08 pm

Don't know most of the characters. This one will be fun. Since they're doing a Western Handbook of sorts, I hope a Space one will come out.

eh_ver
Mar 22, 2006, 03:45 pm

I'm really excited for this one. The 'specialty' handbooks have been some of my favorites so far (ie Golden Age, 1960s, Horror, etc). I was a little wary on the cover at first because of the use of reproduced art, but it relly grew on me. I did hear that theres a Cosmic handbook coming out as well the same month Annihilation #1 comes out.

William Keogh
Mar 23, 2006, 03:31 pm

eh_ver wrote:

I did hear that theres a Cosmic handbook coming out as well the same month Annihilation #1 comes out.

Are you referring to the miniseries that comes after the four solo series? If there is a cosmic handbook coming, then I'll look forward to it. Hopefully a nice big entry on Thanos (my favorite cosmic character) and on others who may have been overlooked in the handbooks until now.

gtrmp
Mar 24, 2006, 07:09 pm

eh_ver wrote:

I did hear that theres a Cosmic handbook coming out as well the same month Annihilation #1 comes out.

It's listed in the checklist on the Annihilation promo handout. Due in August, IIRC.

Eric J. Moreels
Jun 22, 2006, 01:58 am

Out this week!

What'd everyone think of it?

Zach Kinkead
Jun 22, 2006, 10:42 am

Eric J. Moreels wrote:

Out this week!

What'd everyone think of it?

Yeeeeeee Haw!

*fires wildly into the sky*

I liked what little I’ve read of it. The format kind of reminds me of the monster handbook (and I’ve made to pretty clear that that particular book is one of my favorites).

lonelyknight
Jul 15, 2006, 11:12 pm

I thought it was very good.The letter mentioning the death of the current host of the Phantom Rider intriged me. :outlaw:
I think the Two-Gun Kid should work on getting Kid Colt's name cleared.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera