Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/08/2020 6:20 am  #1

OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

For those who came in late, there's been two versions of this thread, the newer version of which (created by me Aug 10, 2011, 08:32 pm) is regularly updated with stats at the top of the first post, a la the Master List thread. Unlike the Master List, this list is for books that aren't actually Handbooks but which have Handbook like entries. As this list is regularly updated, the first post is the historical first post from Comixfan, and then subsequent posts will have more historical text from Comixfan.

For easier updating and navigation the information is now in a document in Who Watches the Watchers' Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XULoi1j7Rd0uHVMWpqlHt4T4hpodeSSb/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by Andy E. Nystrom (5/26/2021 6:12 pm)

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

1/08/2020 6:49 am  #2

Re: OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version

More historical text from Comixfan

Zach Kinkead

Aug 11, 2011, 02:45 am

The Thunderbolts: Violent Rejection trade has a one page Hyperion (Earth-4023) profile and a three page entry for Satana. Both profiles are unchanged versions of the ones in the OHotMU HCs … which is particularly frustrating in King Hyperion’s case since the story itself makes vague references to comics he was in between Exiles (the only thing covered in the entry) and Thunderbolts.

Red

Aug 14, 2011, 05:51 pm

Thank you for posting this list! It fills an information gap that this site needed to have filled! Thanks for taking the time.

I think this thread should get a sticky to keep it at the top.

Stuart V

Aug 16, 2011, 10:52 am

Looks like the Klaws of the Panther TPB has been overlooked by everyone. It includes a brand new 2 page entry on Black Panther (Shuri).

captainswift

Aug 16, 2011, 11:38 am

Stuart V wrote:

Looks like the Klaws of the Panther TPB has been overlooked by everyone. It includes a brand new 2 page entry on Black Panther (Shuri).

Aaaargh! Curse you, Handbook team!!!

ultrabasurero

Aug 30, 2011, 10:26 pm

Onslaught Unleashed #2 has 2 page profiles on both Nomad (Rikki Barnes) and Onslaught. I guess no really picked this book up, but I found a set in the bargain bin.

Phoenixx9

Aug 31, 2011, 07:24 pm

Is the Onslaught profile updated from the HC version?

Stuart V

Sep 1, 2011, 12:42 am

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Amazing-Spider-Man#1 USPS giveaway : Willie Lumpkin/2 (N)

It's worth noting that this was updated and reprinted in the HC series. In fact, it might be worth somehow clarifying which of these isn't available in one of the Handbook collections (e.g. Essentials or HCs) so that people looking for a full set of profiles, but not necessarily every version of same, know what is only available in the original "floppie." Stuff like the Damage Control entries and New Universe ones are only available in the original comics, for instance.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Exiles: Then & Now tpb: Exiles (U)

Is this a tpb? I thought it was just a one shot. Is it reprinted in any of the Exiles TPBs?

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Ultimate Fantastic Four-X-Men tpb (all R/U /1 unless noted, all entries; unsure which entries are R and which are U)

It's straight reprint of the two Ultimate handbooks that had been released up until that point.

I believe there's been another Ultimate TPB which was reprinted all three of the Ultimate Handbooks, but I can't recall which, sorry. And I know Ultimate Power reprinted some of the entries, but with different images and adding the update text which originally appeared as an appendix in Ultimate Secrets to the appropriate entries.

Lastly, there are entries for the members of Dragon's Claws in the later issues of that series:
#6 Dragon
#7 Mercy
#8 Digit
#9 Steel
#10 Scavenger

Sidney Osinga

Sep 1, 2011, 01:32 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Lastly, there are entries for the members of Dragon's Claws in the later issues of that series:
#6 Dragon
#7 Mercy
#8 Digit
#9 Steel
#10 Scavenger

Actually, those were more like files entries than Handbook ones.

Stuart V

Sep 1, 2011, 11:31 am

Stuart V wrote:

Actually, those were more like files entries than Handbook ones.

I think that's arguable, though naturally it depends on what you feel differentiates a file entry from a handbook entry, something that might need defined by consensus for the purpose of this list. The various Annihilation entries listed included less individual headings for things like relatives, aliases, etc, but still get counted here. The New Universe ones included all the right headers, but no history whatsoever. In the case of Dragon's Claws, we've got full page entries with full body images, full physical stats, and fairly detailed histories. It lacks a separate section for abilities, and it lacks some of the personal info headers, but if you put it alongside, say, the entries from the Conan Handbook, you'd find the Dragon's Claws entries are actually closer to standard handbook entries than the entries in the Conan book.

Andy E. Nystrom

Sep 1, 2011, 08:36 pm

There's definitely been a few files entries here and certainly the Master List has Files entries. I don't mind adding them if people want them here.

Adding notes to the effect that entries have made it into trades/hardcovers is a fix I'll probably add in a bit. I want to finish the work on the Master List before I work on any enhancements on this list, though I'll add the new entries sooner than later since that's a fairly quick fix. Of course with the hardcovers, it's worth reminding people that in some cases, the entry might bear little resemblance to the original entry, depending on how much it needed to be updated. If an entry's source was a book that's mostly stories, I likely won't have the source to compare (I don't collect most x-books, which is a big source of these), so I'll defer to others to indicate if people might want both.

Sidney Osinga

Sep 17, 2011, 08:54 pm

I purchased the Rampaging Hulk #4 magazine from 1977 today. inside were one page, proto-Handbook entries on the Gargoygle from Incredible Hulk #1, the Toad Men, the Ringmaster,Tyrannus, and the Metal Master.

Andy E. Nystrom

Sep 19, 2011, 10:44 pm

Phoenixx9 wrote:

Is the Onslaught profile updated from the HC version?

Echoing Phoenixx9's question, are the Onslaught and Nomad profiles changed or straight reprints? If the former, will also add them to the Master List.

Beyond that, the most recent additions are now added.

Stuart V

Sep 20, 2011, 01:15 am

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Echoing Phoenixx9's question, are the Onsalught and Nomad profiles changed or straight reprints? If the former, will also add them to the Master List.

Had to ask the others, as I wasn't involved with any entries for this series. They said:

"Not only are they changed, but they were further updated for the TPB to reflect the changes from the end of the series.

The most recent version of both profiles can be found in the Onslaught Unleashed TPB."

Andy E. Nystrom

Sep 20, 2011, 01:18 pm

Thank you for the response, Stuart.

A couple more questions: Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch – Addict tpb: update or straight reprint?

Also, what's the size of the updated entries in Spider-Man: Grim Hunt?

Finally: Need info on the X-Men/Runaways Civil War tpb.

Thx in advance to anyone who can answer.

Sidney Osinga

Sep 20, 2011, 01:40 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Also, what's the size of the updated entries in Spider-Man: Grim Hunt?

Chameleon is 3 pages and Kraven is 4.

Also, on both lists, you have the Rampaging Hulk issue as #7 instead of #4.

JusticeGH

Oct 22, 2011, 01:29 am

Captain Britain and Arcade's entries are both included in the Marvel Team-Up # 65 reprint included with the Spider-Man and Captain Britain Marvel Universe figures two-pack. I assume they're straight reprints.

Andy E. Nystrom

Nov 5, 2011, 01:52 pm

JusticeGH wrote:

Captain Britain and Arcade's entries are both included in the Marvel Team-Up # 65 reprint included with the Spider-Man and Captain Britain Marvel Universe figures two-pack. I assume they're straight reprints.

Of the Original, of the Deluxe/Update '89 versions or of the Handcover versions? What's the page count?

Beyond that, made most of the recent corrections including the Deadpool book mentioned in another thread.

JusticeGH

Nov 6, 2011, 11:06 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Of the Original, of the Deluxe/Update '89 versions or of the Handcover versions? What's the page count?

Beyond that, made most of the recent corrections including the Deadpool book mentioned in another thread.

3 pages for Cap, 2 for Arcade. Seem to be the same profiles that are in the Hardcovers.

RVcousin

Dec 2, 2011, 08:14 pm

I just found this ones :
Agent X : Agent X #1

The Apocalypse Manifesto :
Cyclops : X-Factor #65 (1991)
Jean Grey : X-Factor #65 (1991)
Archangel : X-Factor #65 (1991)
Beast : X-Factor #66 (1991)
Iceman : X-Factor #65 (1991)

The Cable Guide :
Feral : X-Force #1 (1991)
Shatterstar : X-Force #1 (1991)
Deadpool : X-Force #1 (1991)
GW Bridge : X-Force #1 (1991)
Domino : X-Force #6 (1992)
Cannonball : X-Force #6 (1992)
Sunspot : X-Force #6 (1992)
Warpath : X-Force #6 (1992)

Roger Ott

Dec 3, 2011, 05:53 pm

The Hobgoblin profile from OHOTMU Deluxe Edition #5 was reprinted in the SPIDER-MAN: ORIGIN OF THE HOBGOBLIN trade that came out a couple weeks ago. Of course, most of the information is way out of date.

Andy E. Nystrom

Dec 19, 2011, 06:06 pm

RVcousin wrote:

I just found this ones :
Agent X : Agent X #1

The Apocalypse Manifesto :
Cyclops : X-Factor #65 (1991)
Jean Grey : X-Factor #65 (1991)
Archangel : X-Factor #65 (1991)
Beast : X-Factor #66 (1991)
Iceman : X-Factor #65 (1991)

The Cable Guide :
Feral : X-Force #1 (1991)
Shatterstar : X-Force #1 (1991)
Deadpool : X-Force #1 (1991)
GW Bridge : X-Force #1 (1991)
Domino : X-Force #6 (1992)
Cannonball : X-Force #6 (1992)
Sunspot : X-Force #6 (1992)
Warpath : X-Force #6 (1992)

Thx. I take it these are new? What's the page count?

Roger Ott wrote:

The Hobgoblin profile from OHOTMU Deluxe Edition #5 was reprinted in the SPIDER-MAN: ORIGIN OF THE HOBGOBLIN trade that came out a couple weeks ago. Of course, most of the information is way out of date.

Was the page with the van et al which are sometimes treated as separate entries also included?

Beyond those questions, now updated to include Agent X#1, X-Factor#65-66, X-Force#1 & 6, Spider-Man: Origin of the Hobgoblin, Spider-Man Through the Decades.

Roger Ott

Dec 20, 2011, 09:24 am

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Was the page with the van et al which are sometimes treated as separate entries also included?

3 pages:
pg 1 - main image, bio stats, history, physical stats
pg 2 - powers, weapons, transportation, including several images (such as the van)
pg 3 - Eliot R. Brown drawings of weapons and glider

RVcousin

Dec 20, 2011, 06:19 pm

RVcousin wrote:

Thx. I take it these are new? What's the page count?

They were all new files with one page each.

RVcousin

Jan 1, 2012, 02:10 pm

Hey, I just find out some other new non-handbook files :
The Taskmaster's Talent Pool in Taskmaster #1 (november 2010) :
AIM (1 page)
Hydra (1 page)
Secret Empire (1 page)
ULTIMATUM (1/2 page)
Cyber Ninjas (1/2 page)
Lords of the Living Lightning (1/2 page)
Sons of the Serpents (1/2 page)
Black Choppers (1/2 page)
Trenchcoat Mafia (1/2 page)
Militiamen (1/2 page)
Inquisition (1/2 page)
Taskmaster's Students (1/3 page)
Avengers Initiative Trainees (1/3 page)
Taskmaster's Hired Help (1/3 page)

S.H.I.E.L.D. #1 (August 2011) :
Leonardo Da Vinci (1 page)
Isaac Newton (1 page)
Nostradamus (1 page)
Zhang Heng (1 page)
Nathaniel Richards & Howard Stark (1 page)
Nikola Tesla (1 page)

Andy E. Nystrom

Jan 5, 2012, 12:55 pm

RVcousin wrote:

Hey, I just find out some other new non-handbook files :

Thank you. Those are now added.

zuckyd1

Jan 28, 2012, 10:00 pm

2 more sightings (no idea whether these are new or reprints):

WAR OF KINGS: WHO WILL RULE? (2009): Crystal (2 pgs), Medusa (2 pgs), Vulcan (1 pg), Ronan the Accuser (3 pgs)

DARK REIGN: THE GOBLIN LEGACY (2009): Norman Osborn (4 pgs), Harry Osborn (3 pgs)

Andy E. Nystrom

Jan 29, 2012, 01:05 am

zuckyd1 wrote:

2 more sightings (no idea whether these are new or reprints):

WAR OF KINGS: WHO WILL RULE? (2009): Crystal (2 pgs), Medusa (2 pgs), Vulcan (1 pg), Ronan the Accuser (3 pgs)

DARK REIGN: THE GOBLIN LEGACY (2009): Norman Osborn (4 pgs), Harry Osborn (3 pgs)

Thx. I'll add them once I find out so that I know how to properly categorize them (reprint, new, update). In regards to the Master List thread they'll only get added if there's new material but in this thread they'll get added either way.

zuckyd1

Jan 30, 2012, 01:15 pm

SPIDER-MAN 2 THE OFFICIAL COMIC ADAPTATION: Doctor Octopus/3 (A?-Spider-Man 2004)

zuckyd1

Jan 30, 2012, 01:27 pm

THE PUNISHER OFFICIAL MOVIE ADAPTATION: Punisher/7 ("preview" of ME5MK?)

Andy E. Nystrom

Jan 31, 2012, 04:08 pm

Thank you, zuckyd1. I've left out the new/reprint/etc tags for now given there's some questions there but otherwise I've added all your suggestions to the list.

zuckyd1

Feb 4, 2012, 09:00 pm

ASTONISHING X-MEN SAGA: Danger/1, Oro/1

zuckyd1

Feb 5, 2012, 11:06 am

According to The Comic Book Database (not sure whether the entire handbooks are reprinted or only parts of them):
Hulk 2004 Handbook reprinted in The Incredible Hulk TPB vol. 12: Prelude to Planet Hulk.
The Mystic Arcana Handbook reprinted in the Mystic Arcana HC.
The Back in Black Handbook reprinted in the Back in Black HC and TPB and in Spider-Man: Back & Blue.
Age of Apocalypse Handbook reprinted in Exiles TPB vol. 10: Age of Apocalypse.
Ultimate Fantastic Four HC vol. 06 reprints Ultimate Fantastic Four & Spider-Man, Ultimates & X-Men, and Ultimate Secrets.
World War Hulk: Gamma Files reprinted in Hulk: Greatest Battles TPB.
X-Men: Messiah Complex Mutant Files reprinted in X-Men: Divided We Stand TPB and in X-Men: Messiah Complex TPB.
Marvel Pets Handbook reprinted in Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers HC.
Avengers Assemble reprinted in Heroic Age TPB.

Also, in my previous message, the name should be "Ord" not "Oro".

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 5, 2012, 12:47 pm

Thank you. Looks like there's way more sightings outside the Handbooks than we previously realized!

Can anyone who has any of the above trades confirm that they collect the entirety of these and can anyone confirm the new/prints for any of the other profiles recently noted?

Sidney Osinga

Feb 5, 2012, 05:49 pm

Ultimate Fantastic Four HC vol. 06 reprints Ultimate Fantastic Four & Spider-Man, Ultimates & X-Men, and Ultimate Secrets.

Can any one confirm if these are straight reprints or updates like the hardcover series?

zuckyd1

Feb 6, 2012, 07:10 pm

Just picked up IRON MAN: BENEATH THE ARMOR by Andy Mangels (Del Rey, 2008). The character bios are pretty close to Handbook style. Here they are, in case anyone's interested:

Tony Stark/Iron Man: 7
James Rhodes/War Machine: 4
Harold "Happy" Hogan: 1.5
Virginia "Pepper" Potts Hogan: 1.5
Black Widow: 1.5
Madame Masque: 1.5
The Women Of Tony Stark: 3.5 (Janice Cord, Meredith McCall, Marianne Rodgers, Bethany Cabe, Indries Moomji, Kathy Dare, Rumiko Fujikawa, Dr, Maya Hansen)
The Avengers: 4.5
Edwin Jarvis: 1
Ant-Man II: 1
Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D.: 2
Stark Industries: 1.5
The Iron Legion: 2 (Edward "Eddie" March, Guardsman II, Force)
Alternate Reality Iron Men: 3 (Iron Man of 2020, Iron Man of 2093, Iron Man of Timeslide, Nathaniel Richards Iron Man)
Ultimate Iron Man: 1.5
Mandarin: 5
Iron Monger/Obadiah Stane: 2
Crimson Dynamo: 3 (I-X)
A.I.M.: 1
Blizzard: 1
Controller: 1
Dreadknight: 1
Fin Fang Foom: 1
Ghost: 1.5
Justin Hammer: 1
Living Laser: 1
MODOK: 1.5
Spymaster: 1.5
Titanium Man: 1.5
Whiplash: 2

Also, an Armor Gallery (1 page each)
Grey Armor
Classic Armor
Silver Centurion Armor
Modern Classic Armor
War Machine Armor
Modular Armor
Prometheum Armor
Renaissance Armor
Extremis Armor
Ultimate Armor
Space Armor
Deep Sea Armor

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 6, 2012, 09:53 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

Just picked up IRON MAN: BENEATH THE ARMOR by Andy Mangels (Del Rey, 2008). The character bios are pretty close to Handbook style. Here they are, in case anyone's interested:

It's a great book but unfortunately despite the writer isn't considered official. I previously mentioned the book and its contents in the Non-Marvel Handbooks thread.

zuckyd1

Feb 10, 2012, 10:58 pm

KNIGHTS OF PENDRAGON #14: Albion/1
(I believe there's also an entry in issue 15, but I don't have it yet.)

THE NEW AVENGERS #1 DIRECTOR'S CUT: Electro/1
also brief entries for the following (all 1/5 page):
Armadillo, Barbarus, Blackout, Blood Brothers, Brothers Grimm, Bushwacker, Centurius, Controller, Grey Gargoyle, Griffin, Ironclad, Jigsaw, Mandrill, Mister Fear, Molecule Man, Purple Man, Scarecrow, Shockwave, The Slug, Typhoid Mary, Vapor, Vector, Vermin, X-Ray, Zzzax

zuckyd1

Feb 11, 2012, 11:31 pm

ULTIMATE POWER HC and TBP: "includes Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe entries on the Ultimate versions of the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Ultimates & the Supreme Power version of the Squadron Supreme".

Stuart V

Feb 12, 2012, 05:36 am

zuckyd1 wrote:

ULTIMATE POWER HC and TBP: "includes Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe entries on the Ultimate versions of the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Ultimates & the Supreme Power version of the Squadron Supreme".

Those are slightly updated, in as much as the entries include the update text written for Ultimate Secret. Which is why said text was written so that for the most part it could be cut and pasted onto the end of the existing entries.

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 12, 2012, 11:51 am

Stuart V wrote:

Those are slightly updated, in as much as the entries include the update text written for Ultimate Secret. Which is why said text was written so that for the most part it could be cut and pasted onto the end of the existing entries.

I'm still a bit confused. So in a nutshell does this collect all three Ultimate books with some updating? I'm a bit thrown by the Supreme Power reference since to my knowledge only Power Princess got an entry among those characters. Were there other entries collected from another source?

Also, do you know if the books noted in the Feb 5 post collect all entries or just select ones?

Thx in advance. Will try to get to all these updates by tomorrow at the latest, at least ones that are confirmed.

captainswift

Feb 12, 2012, 01:43 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

I'm still a bit confused. So in a nutshell does this collect all three Ultimate books with some updating? I'm a bit thrown by the Supreme Power reference since to my knowledge only Power Princess got an entry among those characters. Were there other entries collected from another source?

Also, do you know if the books noted in the Feb 5 post collect all entries or just select ones?

Thx in advance. Will try to get to all these updates by tomorrow at the latest, at least ones that are confirmed.

You're confusing two things.

Ultimate Fantastic Four HC (vol. 6) reprints the three Handbooks (I do not believe they are updated, but I don't have it and I wasn't on the Handbook team in those bygone days).

Ultimate Power just contains (slightly updated) the profiles for FF, Spidey, the X-Men, the Ultimates and Supreme Power (which I presume is from the OHotMU hardcovers)

Stuart V

Feb 12, 2012, 04:11 pm

captainswift wrote:

You're confusing two things.

Ultimate Fantastic Four HC (vol. 6) reprints the three Handbooks (I do not believe they are updated, but I don't have it and I wasn't on the Handbook team in those bygone days).

Ultimate Power just contains (slightly updated) the profiles for FF, Spidey, the X-Men, the Ultimates and Supreme Power (which I presume is from the OHotMU hardcovers)

Correct. Reference the Ultimate Power updates: In the third Ultimate handbook, Ultimate Secrets, we did two pages full of small updates to the entries from the first two books - e.g.

"Since the last Ultimate Handbook…

Academy of Tomorrow: Angel left the Academy, while Colossus joined.
Cannonball, Havok and Sunspot became vigilantes until Emma caught them.
Emma is secretly working with the Hellfire Club.

Angel left the Academy to be with a recovered Dazzler. He joined Bishop’s new X-Men, the only member Bishop did not intend to recruit."

When entries from the first two handbooks were used in the Ultimate Power collections, the relevant updates, generally no more than a paragraph, were tagged on to the matching entries. The exceptions in Ultimate Secrets to the updates pages were Spider-Man (got a whole page update, which I think got included in Ultimate Power, tacked on to the main Spider-Man entry), and Thor and Victor van Damme - Thor had been confirmed as a genuine god, so his original entry was replaced with a brand new one, while van Damme had become Dr. Doom, changing enough to earn himself a whole new entry.

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 12, 2012, 09:29 pm

Okay, let's see if I have this straight:

zuckyd1 wrote:

Hulk 2004 Handbook reprinted in The Incredible Hulk TPB vol. 12: Prelude to Planet Hulk.
The Mystic Arcana Handbook reprinted in the Mystic Arcana HC.
The Back in Black Handbook reprinted in the Back in Black HC and TPB and in Spider-Man: Back & Blue.
Age of Apocalypse Handbook reprinted in Exiles TPB vol. 10: Age of Apocalypse.
World War Hulk: Gamma Files reprinted in Hulk: Greatest Battles TPB.
X-Men: Messiah Complex Mutant Files reprinted in X-Men: Divided We Stand TPB and in X-Men: Messiah Complex TPB.
Marvel Pets Handbook reprinted in Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers HC.
Avengers Assemble reprinted in Heroic Age TPB.

Complete contents of the original books included in the trade for all the above?

captainswift wrote:

So everyone from all three Ultimate Handbooks, but in cases where a character had an entry in both one of the earlier books and in Secrets (von Dahme/Doom, Thor), the former is omitted, and the Spider-Man and Spider-Man update entries got merged?

captainswift wrote:

Those specific profiles, with the same page count as when previously seen?

captainswift

Feb 12, 2012, 09:50 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Okay, let's see if I have this straight:

Complete contents of the original books included in the trade for all the above?

So everyone from all three Ultimate Handbooks, but in cases where a character had an entry in both one of the earlier books and in Secrets (von Dahme/Doom, Thor), the former is omitted, and the Spider-Man and Spider-Man update entries got merged?

Those specific profiles, with the same page count as when previously seen?

I don't have the Ultimate books in my possession to confirm, but I believe that is correct. For the non-Ultimate books listed, yes, the entire contents of all those issues is reprinted, unmodified. (New, expanded profiles --this book predates the hardcovers-- for Sister Grimm, Scarlet Witch, and Magik/Illyana are also included in the Mystic Arcana book.)

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 12, 2012, 09:54 pm

captainswift wrote:

I don't have the Ultimate books in my possession to confirm, but I believe that is correct. For the non-Ultimate books listed, yes, the entire contents of all those issues is reprinted, unmodified. (New, expanded profiles --this book predates the hardcovers-- for Sister Grimm, Scarlet Witch, and Magik/Illyana are also included in the Mystic Arcana book.)

Thank you. For those last three profiles, are they the same page count as the later hardcover versions? Trying to get this as accurate as possible.

captainswift

Feb 12, 2012, 10:47 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Thank you. For those last three profiles, are they the same page count as the later hardcover versions? Trying to get this as accurate as possible.

Sorry, I meant to include that.

Magik (2 pages)
Scarlet Witch (2 pages)
Sister Grimm (1 page)

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 13, 2012, 04:42 pm

Thank you. As I'm also updating the Master List, I'm also trying to find out if the following can be considered new (all from zuckyd1):

Jan 28:

Jan 30:
SPIDER-MAN 2 THE OFFICIAL COMIC ADAPTATION: Doctor Octopus/3
THE PUNISHER OFFICIAL MOVIE ADAPTATION: Punisher/7

Feb 4:

I think that the Knights of Pendragon and New Avengers ones (Feb 10; Eric included the full-page Electro entry and some 1/5 pagers but not all of them) can be considered new (Knights due to year of publication, New Avengers due to the 1/5 size). Can anyone confirm of Knights#15 has an entry?

More questions about the New Avengers Directors Cut:
Is the Brothers Grimm entry for Dolly, the Grimes brothers or both?
Mister Fear: Fagan only??

RVcousin

Feb 13, 2012, 05:54 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Jan 28:
Feb 4:

This ones are reprints

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

I think that the Knights of Pendragon and New Avengers ones (Feb 10; Eric included the full-page Electro entry and some 1/5 pagers but not all of them) can be considered new (Knights due to year of publication, New Avengers due to the 1/5 size)

All new entries

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Can anyone confirm of Knights#15 has an entry?

I confirm : Grace (1 page)
More Marvel UK entries :
"The Mastermind Specification Scan" :
Captain Britain v2 #11 : Captain Britain part 1 (1 page)
Captain Britain v2 #12 : Captain Britain part 2 (1 page)
Captain Britain v2 #13 : Night Raven

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

It's for Percy & Barton Grimes

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Fagan only

zuckyd1

Feb 13, 2012, 05:55 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Can anyone confirm of Knights#15 has an entry?

More questions about the New Avengers Directors Cut:

The character's name in ASTONISHING X-MEN SAGA should be "Ord".
I expect to get Knights of Pendragon #15 in the next few weeks, so I'll let you know.
The Brothers Grimm entry is for Percy and Barton Grimes.
The Mister Fear entry is for Alan Fagan.

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 13, 2012, 06:32 pm

Thank you both. I'm assuming that the Night Raven entry is 1 page as well. Interesting that a Handbook-type entry actually had a "To be continued."

Looks like the only ones we're still unsure of re: the New/Update/Reprint/Abridged designation are the two movie adaptation entries.

zuckyd1

Feb 13, 2012, 06:52 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Looks like the only ones we're still unsure of re: the New/Update/Reprint/Abridged designation are the two movie adaptation entries.

The Doctor Octopus entry in SPIDER-MAN 2 THE OFFICIAL COMIC ADAPTATION is a reprint of the one in ME4S.

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 13, 2012, 10:07 pm

Okay, here's what I've done so far:

Changed the look a little to make it more eye appealing (important because the number of entries is about to dramatically increase)

Added R to War of Kings entries, Goblin Legacy entries, and the Spider-Man 2 Doc Ock entry

Added Astonishing X-Men Saga entries. the new Mystic Arcana entries, Captain Britain entries, Knights of Pendragon entries, New Avengers #1 Director's Cut entries

For books where complete Handbooks are collected, added the broad Handbook

Mostly added the individual Ultimate listings from the first two Ultimate Handbooks to Ultimate Fantastic Four hc (some tweaking still to follow due to Ultimate Secrets). The first two Ultimate Handbooks had previously been noted in their entirety so I was able to do an easy search and replace for those.

Still to come (these omissions thus a temporary thing and I'm aware of them):
Need to add the complete Handbooks for non-Ultimate material
Need to add Ultimate Secrets material
Need to tweak Ultimate Spider-Man, Thor and Van Dahme as per Ultimate Secrets
Need to add the Supreme Power entry

Follow-Up Questions
Does anyone know for certain about the Punisher entry in the movie adaptation
For those Handbooks covered in full that have Pro-File entries, are they included as well?

zuckyd1

Feb 13, 2012, 11:05 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Does anyone know for certain about the Punisher entry in the movie adaptation

I don't own the Marvel Knights Encyclopedia, but the Punisher entry in the adaptation is labeled as a "Special Bonus Preview" for the encyclopedia, so it is almost certainly the same entry. Both volumes came out in March-April 2004.

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 14, 2012, 02:22 pm

I've added the material from Gamma Files and Marvel Pets. Also, due to the huge influx of new entries, I've added navigation links by letters as per the Master List

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 14, 2012, 09:21 pm

Age of Apocalypse and Messiah Complex material now added.

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 17, 2012, 03:43 pm

Added in the Age of Apocalypse and Mystic Arcana material

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 17, 2012, 03:45 pm

Added in the Marvel Pets and Mystic Arcana material, making the list considerably bigger

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 18, 2012, 07:31 pm

One more question about the Ultimate Fantastic Four hc: I understand that van Damme and Thor were removed from the first two Handbooks due to the Ultimate Secrets entry; what about the half-page Iron Fist entry that was in Spider-Man's supporting cast section? Is that still there? Iron Fist got a full page entry in Ultimate Secrets.

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 18, 2012, 10:12 pm

Added in Ultimate Secrets, Hulk 2004, Back in Black material. Also the few entries in the Ultimate Power hc/tpb (treated both as the 3-pagers; if that's wrong let me know and will correct; ditto the Iron Fist matter above, which I assumed was both entries)

zuckyd1

Feb 25, 2012, 03:48 pm

A few corrections:
Iceman is in X-Factor #66, not #65
The entry in Knights of Pendragon #15 is Grace, not Glory
Steel is in Dragon's Claws #8, Digit is in #9

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 25, 2012, 09:32 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

A few corrections:
Iceman is in X-Factor #66, not #65
The entry in Knights of Pendragon #15 is Grace, not Glory
Steel is in Dragon's Claws #8, Digit is in #9

Fixed!

Oh, and in case anyone's wondering, I haven't forgotten the Avengers Assemble additions. I just need to get around to hunting down my copy.

zuckyd1

Feb 27, 2012, 09:44 pm

Some more additions, courtesy of comicbookdb.com:

Dominic Fortune: It Can Happen Here And Now tpb: Dominic Fortune (unknown status)
Elektra the Movie #1: Elektra R (from Daredevil 2004)
Incredible Hercules Deluxe HC vol. 1: Smash of the Titans: Amadeus Cho, Hercules (unknown status)
Marvel Holiday Spectacular Magazine 2009: Santa Claus (presumably R)
New Avengers vol. 11: Search For The Sorcerer Supreme hc/tpb: Brother Voodoo, Doctor Strange (unknown status)
Omega the Unknown Classic tpb: Omega the Unknown R (Deluxe Edition)
Onslaught Unleashed hc: Nomad, Onslaught (presumably the same as Onslaught Unleashed #2)
Secret Invasion: Inhumans tpb: Inhumans R
Secret Invasion: Thor tpb: Beta Ray Bill (2 pages, unknown status)
Spider-Man 3: The Black: Green Goblin, J. Jonah Jameson, Sandman, Spider-Man, Venom, Mary Jane Watson
Strikeforce: Morituri - We Who Are About to Die #1 (March, 2012): Paida, the Black Watch, Roll of Honor (Snapdragon, Viking, Marathon, Adept), Horde Spacecraft, and Known Subsidiary Alien Races (the Mellidar, Healers, Translators, the Tall Ones) (presumably all N)
Untold Tales of the New Universe tpb: the New Universe (unknown status)
Venom: Evolution of an Icon #0 (a posterbook that came packaged with Marvel Legends Icons Venom action figure): Venom R
X-Men Firestar Digest: Firestar, Hellfire Club, White Queen (all R from Deluxe Edition)

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 27, 2012, 11:16 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

Dominic Fortune: It Can Happen Here And Now tpb: Dominic Fortune (unknown status)
Elektra the Movie #1: Elektra R (from Daredevil 2004)
Incredible Hercules Deluxe HC vol. 1: Smash of the Titans: Amadeus Cho, Hercules (unknown status)
New Avengers vol. 11: Search For The Sorcerer Supreme hc/tpb: Brother Voodoo, Doctor Strange (unknown status)
Omega the Unknown Classic tpb: Omega the Unknown R (Deluxe Edition)
Onslaught Unleashed hc: Nomad, Onslaught (presumably the same as Onslaught Unleashed #2)
Secret Invasion: Inhumans tpb: Inhumans R
Spider-Man 3: The Black: Green Goblin, J. Jonah Jameson, Sandman, Spider-Man, Venom, Mary Jane Watson
Strikeforce: Morituri - We Who Are About to Die #1 (March, 2012): Paida, the Black Watch, Roll of Honor (Snapdragon, Viking, Marathon, Adept), Horde Spacecraft, and Known Subsidiary Alien Races (the Mellidar, Healers, Translators, the Tall Ones) (presumably all N)
Venom: Evolution of an Icon #0 (a posterbook that came packaged with Marvel Legends Icons Venom action figure): Venom R
X-Men Firestar Digest: Firestar, Hellfire Club, White Queen (all R from Deluxe Edition)

Thank you. I'll add them, but can anyone expand a bit more on these? I actually have the Marvel Holiday one and only now realize it was a reprint and not the original entry. I don't need page counts in cases where the reprint source is known. If after a few days new info hasn't appeared I'll add them in their current state.

Stuart V

Feb 27, 2012, 11:34 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

Reprint

zuckyd1 wrote:

Pretty sure these are reprints - don't recall hearing about any requests to update them.

zuckyd1 wrote:

Nope. Believe it or not, reprints from the original series, Strikeforce Morituri #13 to be specific.

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 28, 2012, 12:03 am

Stuart V wrote:

Nope. Believe it or not, reprints from the original series, Strikeforce Morituri #13 to be specific.

What's the page count of these? Since the Handbooks count the series as being on Earth-1287, I guess they deserve to be in the Master List as well.

Was the Dominic Fortune reprint of the hardcover or an earlier reprint?

zuckyd1

Mar 4, 2012, 10:09 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

Didn't Rom #50 have some handbooky-type stuff in it?

Sidney Osinga

Mar 4, 2012, 10:57 pm
Didn't Rom #50 have some handbooky-type stuff in it?
Sort of. It had pages like those from the old Marvel Annuals, i.e. mostly a pin-up with first appearence and basic information about the characters. For the record, the ones covered were: Rom, Hybrid (Jimmy Marks), the Dead (Ray-Na, Serpentyne, Firefall/Archie Stryker, the Prime Director, Terminator, Mr. & Mrs. Clark, Steve Jackson, the Torpedo (Brock Jones), Rom's humanity), Heroes (and an occasional Villain) (Jack of Hearts, the X-Men, Power Man & Iron Fist, the Fantastic Fout, the Sisterhood of Evil Mutants, Sub-Mariner, Shang-Chi, Dr. Strange, the Soviet Super-Soldiers), the Dire Wraiths, and the Spaceknights of Galador/the Spaceknight Squad (Tarm/Seeker, Unam the Unseen, Raak the Breaker, Vera/Scanner, Vola/Trapper, Plor/Pulsar)

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 4, 2012, 11:18 pm

What's the page count of these? Since the Handbooks count the series as being on Earth-1287, I guess they deserve to be in the Master List as well.

Following up on these questions. The first question refers to Strikeforce Morituri. Thx in advance. Will see what I can come up with on Tues if I don't have answers by then

Stuart V

Mar 5, 2012, 12:08 am

Stuart V wrote:

Don't know and hardcover, afaik.

zuckyd1

Mar 5, 2012, 12:16 am

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Following up on these questions. The first question refers to Strikeforce Morituri. Thx in advance. Will see what I can come up with on Tues if I don't have answers by then

I just ordered the two Morituri issues, so I'll let you know in about a week.

zuckyd1

Mar 9, 2012, 09:35 pm

STRIKEFORCE: MORITURI #13
The Paida 1 N
The Black Watch 1 N
Roll of Honor (Snapdragon, Viking, Marathon, Adept) 1 N
Horde Spacecraft 1 N
Known Subsidiary Alien Races (the Mellidar, Healers, Translators, the Tall Ones) 1 N

STRIKEFORCE: MORITURI—We WHO ARE ABOUT TO DIE #1 (2012)
The Paida 1 R
The Black Watch 1 R
Roll of Honor (Snapdragon, Viking, Marathon, Adept) 1 R
Horde Spacecraft 1 R
Known Subsidiary Alien Races (the Mellidar, Healers, Translators, the Tall Ones) 1 R

zuckyd1

Mar 9, 2012, 10:28 pm

Is it just me, or does Annihilation: Super-Skrull #2 NOT have any Database entries?

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 9, 2012, 11:33 pm

Will add all these in a bit. Sorry about delay in adding the newer stuff. Have had a sore throat most days since Jan 24 and I'm on my second round of penicillin, hence my focussing on stuff that requires less thought of late. But I'll update the main list shortly!

zuckyd1

Mar 14, 2012, 12:41 pm

SECRET INVASION: THOR tpb apparently has a 2-page entry for Beta Ray Bill.

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 14, 2012, 03:22 pm

Added in Heroic Age tpb's Avengers Assemble coverage, Dominic Fortune, Elektra, Marvel Holiday, New Avengers, Omega, Onslaught Unleashed, and the two Secret Invasion trades. More to follow.

Since it got brought up in the context of Rom #50, what's the consensus about the various posters with blurbs and First Appearances? I can add them in but given how many of them have been scattered through various books throughout the years and in numerous cases reprinted multiple times, it's a huge can of worms.

I think there's three questions here:
Add originals and reprints to the Sightings thread?
Add originals only to the Master List?
If no to the above, create a separate thread for these kinds of entries only (originals and reprints)?

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 14, 2012, 05:29 pm

Added New Universe, Venom, Firestar books, plus the Cameron Hodge entry in Essential X-Men v10 just out today. Other questions:

zuckyd1 wrote:

Does anyone know anything about this one specifically, both in terms of reprints and in terms of which Goblin?

zuckyd1 wrote:

STRIKEFORCE: MORITURI #13

Known Subsidiary Alien Races (the Mellidar, Healers, Translators, the Tall Ones) 1 N

I take it that's 1 total and not 1 each? Are the individual races 1/4 page each, Appendix style, or some other format?

zuckyd1

Mar 14, 2012, 05:56 pm

SPIDER-MAN 3: THE BLACK: almost certainly reprints. The comic was a Wal-Mart exclusive which came bundled with the Spider-Man 3 DVD.

STRIKEFORCE: MORITURI: It's kinda one big group entry. Each race gets a picture and 1 paragraph—about 1/4 page.

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 14, 2012, 06:53 pm

Okay, for the most part I've added that Spider-Man and Strikeforce: Morituri material. For now I've noted that it's unclear which Green Goblin(s) is/are covered in the Spider-Man 3 book; Norman seems likely but depending on the version, Harry and Bart may be lumped in; since it's a movie tie-in Phil is unlikely. Once someone is able to ID the entry I'll find tune accordingly.

Angelicknight

Mar 15, 2012, 11:47 am

Angelicknight wrote:

Okay, for the most part I've added that Spider-Man and Strikeforce: Morituri material. For now I've noted that it's unclear which Green Goblin(s) is/are covered in the Spider-Man 3 book; Norman seems likely but depending on the version, Harry and Bart may be lumped in; since it's a movie tie-in Phil is unlikely. Once someone is able to ID the entry I'll find tune accordingly.

It's just Norman.

zuckyd1

Mar 15, 2012, 01:33 pm

MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL #7: KILLRAVEN, WARRIOR OF THE WORLDS
file entries ("Martian Chronology Records"), 1 page each:

Killraven
Bloodarrow/M'Shulla Scott
Bald Eagle/Old Skull
Carmilla Frost

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 15, 2012, 06:59 pm

I corrected the Goblin listing and added in the Killraven material. I also added Essential Killraven, which reprints the entire graphic novel including these stats.

zuckyd1

Mar 27, 2012, 01:43 am

BLACK WIDOW: DEADLY ORIGIN TPB: Black Widow (Natasha Romanova) 4 R (from A-Z HC)

zuckyd1

Apr 13, 2012, 06:09 pm

I'll add these formatting details since they seem to come up in other threads:

SPIDER-MAN 2 THE OFFICIAL MOVIE ADAPTATION reprinted Doctor Octopus entry: the text layout is slightly different than in the original ME4 entry and the main image is flipped.

I can also now confirm that THE PUNISHER OFFICIAL MOVIE ADAPTATION Punisher entry is exactly the same as the one in ME5.

BTW the Black Widow Deadly Origin entry hasn't been added yet (in case you missed it).

skippcomet

Apr 13, 2012, 08:59 pm

For those interested, the X-Men Legacy: Lost Legions TPB (don't know if it came out in hardcover form first) has slightly updated entres on Legion/David Haller and his father, Professor X/Charles Xavier.

zuckyd1

Apr 13, 2012, 09:05 pm

Lost Legions did come out in hardcover first, presumably with the same entries.

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 14, 2012, 10:46 pm

Added Deadly Origin and Lost Legions (hadn't forgotten about the former; was just waiting for more stuff to pile up). What's the page count on the two updated entries?

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 21, 2012, 09:18 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Since it got brought up in the context of Rom #50, what's the consensus about the various posters with blurbs and First Appearances? I can add them in but given how many of them have been scattered through various books throughout the years and in numerous cases reprinted multiple times, it's a huge can of worms.

I think there's three questions here:
Add originals and reprints to the Sightings thread?
Add originals only to the Master List?
If no to the above, create a separate thread for these kinds of entries only (originals and reprints)?

Hey, I still need consensus on this point. I certainly *could* add the posters with text/first appearances to the Master List, etc or in a new section, but I'll only do so if enough people want to see them covered.

zuckyd1

Apr 23, 2012, 07:00 pm

BATTLETIDE #1: Killpower 2 N

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 24, 2012, 06:54 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

BATTLETIDE #1: Killpower 2 N

Added!

zuckyd1

Apr 27, 2012, 10:21 pm

HULK #50 (2012) has 1/2 page profiles on a few Red Hulk bad guys: Zero/One, General Fortean, Omegex, Black Fog, Sultan Magus. These aren't handbook entires—they consist of brief summaries of the characters along with commentary by Jeff Parker. Not sure how (or if) you want to count these.
Also, if anyone cares, there's a 4-page saga-style recap of Red Hulk's history.

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 28, 2012, 01:26 am

zuckyd1 wrote:

HULK #50 (2012) has 1/2 page profiles on a few Red Hulk bad guys: Zero/One, General Fortean, Omegex, Black Fog, Sultan Magus. These aren't handbook entires—they consist of brief summaries of the characters along with commentary by Jeff Parker. Not sure how (or if) you want to count these.
Also, if anyone cares, there's a 4-page saga-style recap of Red Hulk's history.

If it's more interview-like sounds bytes my inclination is to leave them out unless there's any consensus to the contrary.

Since no one has responded so far to the poster-type entries questions, I'll leave them out entirely for now. However, if some interest emerges later on I'll be happy to go along with where the interest lies.

zuckyd1

Apr 28, 2012, 02:57 pm

Not really interviews. The entries consist of a portrait, a first appearance, a 1-paragraph summary, and a 1-paragraph commentary from Jeff Parker. You're probably right that they don't really belong on the list, but I figured I'd alert you to them anyway.

If you feel like keeping track of the poster-type entries I won't complain lol. But since there doesn't seem to be much interest in them they should probably be distinguished or separated from the more handbooky entries.

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 28, 2012, 03:57 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

Not really interviews. The entries consist of a portrait, a first appearance, a 1-paragraph summary, and a 1-paragraph commentary from Jeff Parker. You're probably right that they don't really belong on the list, but I figured I'd alert you to them anyway.

If you feel like keeping track of the poster-type entries I won't complain lol. But since there doesn't seem to be much interest in them they should probably be distinguished or separated from the more handbooky entries.

Thank you. Yeah. I won't seem out the extra info at this time because there needs to be more interest for me to do all that, but I'm glad you posted above anyway. If interest increases later on for that sort of stuff, at least it's recorded somewhere where it can be hunted down

zuckyd1

Jun 16, 2012, 10:16 pm

MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #1 (2012)
"kid-friendly" profiles of:
Black Widow 1
Avengers 2
Hawkeye 1

Andy E. Nystrom

Jun 16, 2012, 10:31 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #1 (2012)
Black Widow 1
Avengers 2
Hawkeye 1

So just to clarify, are these profiles of the 616 versions with easy to read writing, or are these profiles of the all-ages versions of the characters (from the Marvel Age line or whatever it's most recently called)?

zuckyd1

Jun 16, 2012, 11:21 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

So just to clarify, are these profiles of the 616 versions with easy to read writing, or are these profiles of the all-ages versions of the characters (from the Marvel Age line or whatever it's most recently called)?

They seem to be "genuine" 616, but, based on what little information I could find online, I' m not really sure how I'd tell the difference.

zuckyd1

Jun 26, 2012, 09:06 pm

MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #2 (2012)
Lizard 1
Iron Man 1

Again, I'm not sure whether these are 616 or 20051.

Andy E. Nystrom

Jun 29, 2012, 03:57 pm

Thank you, zuckyd1. I'll give the Handbook writers a few more days to weigh in with an official statement. If I haven't heard anything by Tuesday, will lump them in with the 616 versions.

JusticeGH

Jul 1, 2012, 12:07 am

zuckyd1 wrote:

They seem to be "genuine" 616, but, based on what little information I could find online, I' m not really sure how I'd tell the difference.

The heights and weights match the 616 versions, and I see no data in the "profiles" that contradicts anything 616 related. Some of the smaller images used are 616 images.

Sidney Osinga

Jul 1, 2012, 02:29 am

I noticed this a while ago and never mentioned it because I thought someone else would. Anyways, in the trade of Magneto: Not a Hero, there are two 2-page Handbook entries, featuring Joseph and Magneto. While I haven't read them, I assume the Magneto one is a condensed version of his hardcover one with some new info, while the Joseph one mainly reprints his entry from X-Men: Earth's Mutant Heroes, but with a few new lines to cover what ws in the series.

JusticeGH

Jul 1, 2012, 11:24 pm

There were also profiles in the X-Men: First Class Magazine that was released last May (cover date July, 2011).

The profiles include biographical info (names, aliases, team membership, first appearances, etc.), power explanations, power grids (straight from the handbooks), and histories, with a main pic and a secondary pic for each character. The histories are edited versions of histories from OHOTMU entries.

Banshee 1Pg.
Beast 1 Pg.
Darwin 1 Pg.
Emma Frost 1 Pg.
Havok 1 Pg.
Magneto 2Pgs.
Mora MacTaggert 1Pg.
Mystique 1Pg.
Sebastian Shaw 1Pg.
Professor Xavier 2Pgs.

zuckyd1

Jul 3, 2012, 07:43 pm

CIVIL WAR: FRONT LINE BOOK 1 tpd: Speedball 2 R

Andy E. Nystrom

Jul 22, 2012, 12:35 pm

Added in the most recent stuff!

Angelicknight

Jul 31, 2012, 02:40 pm

Fear Itself: The Fearless Hardcover

D.O.A. (Department of Occult Armaments) - 2 pgs.

It identifies the large number of new villains that joined during the limited series but wasn't identified in the issues.

ToddCam

Aug 2, 2012, 02:17 am

Is that an all new entry?

Angelicknight

Aug 2, 2012, 04:17 am

ToddCam wrote:

I believe so. I don't think the DOA received a handbook entry previously but then again i could be wrong.

Stuart V

Aug 2, 2012, 06:40 am

ToddCam wrote:

Yes, it is new.

zuckyd1

Aug 15, 2012, 02:53 pm

Stuart V wrote:

Yes, it is new.

While I'm all for new or updated handbook entries WHEREVER they show up, I wish the ones in HCs and TPBs would at least be printed elsewhere as well. I'm willing to fork over $4 for an issue I wouldn't otherwise buy just to get an entry, but not $30!

Eduardo M.

Aug 15, 2012, 04:46 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

While I'm all for new or updated handbook entries WHEREVER they show up, I wish the ones in HCs and TPBs would at least be printed elsewhere as well. I'm willing to fork over $4 for an issue I wouldn't otherwise buy just to get an entry, but not $30!

I agree. I still hope for a tpb like the Women in Marvel handbook that collects several entries under a single theme.

zuckyd1

Aug 15, 2012, 05:25 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

I agree. I still hope for a tpb like the Women in Marvel handbook that collects several entries under a single theme.

Yes, for THAT I'd shell out the big bucks LOL

One idea, which I'm sure the handbook writers have already proposed, is for Marvel to put out an "Annual" each year which collects that year's entries from the HCs/TPBs and other "sightings" and perhaps even includes a few additional new or updated entries which relate to that year's stories.

Eduardo M.

Aug 15, 2012, 09:02 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

Yes, for THAT I'd shell out the big bucks LOL

One idea, which I'm sure the handbook writers have already proposed, is for Marvel to put out an "Annual" each year which collects that year's entries from the HCs/TPBs and other "sightings" and perhaps even includes a few additional new or updated entries which relate to that year's stories.

I wouldnt mind seeing an Annual of sorts that puts together the 5 A-Z update issues. Or maybe an Avengers Handbook tpb that puts together the two Avengers handbooks (Avengers Assemble and Avengers Roll Call) the Captain America handbook and the Thor Handbook. Or an X-Men handbook that puts together the two X-Men handbooks, the Deadpool handbook and various X-related entries. Or how about a History of the Marvel Universe tpb with the Marvel Saga book plus the Blockbusters of the Marvel Universe book and the various event entries that have been done

zuckyd1

Aug 15, 2012, 09:25 pm

I'd love to see a second Blockbusters issue. But that doesn't seem too likely.

mal32

Aug 20, 2012, 12:20 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Hey, I still need consensus on this point. I certainly *could* add the posters with text/first appearances to the Master List, etc or in a new section, but I'll only do so if enough people want to see them covered.

Dear Andy, I reply to this one very late but I only wished to tell you that I really would love to have a complete list of these entries... like the ones from:
WEB OF SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #3 (1987)
this special annual did not have any story but only entries, these ones:

Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Peter Parker
The secrets of Spider-Man!
Mary Jane Parker
Peter and MJ's apartment
Daily Bugle
Empire State University
Betty Brant Leeds
The Stacy family (Gwen and George Stacy)
The Jameson family (J.J.J., John Jameson and Marla Madison)
The Robertson family (Joe, Martha and Randy & Amanda
May and Ben Parker
Aunt May's boarders (May Parker, Nathan Lubensky, Victor and Rose Palermo, Sophie and Martha, Arthur Cekov)
Harry, Liz and Norman Osborn
Flash Thompson
The distaff side [Silver Sable, Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter), Glory Grant, Kathryn Cushing, Joy Mercado, Sha-Shan)
Hobgoblin (Ned Leeds & Jason Philip Macendale)
The Kingpin of Crime (Wilson Fisk)
The Rose (Richard Fisk)
Basilisk (Basil Elks)
The Big Wheel
The Black Cat (Felicia Hardy)
Cyclone (André Gerard)
The Dark Rider
Drom the Backward Man
The Grizzly (Max Harkham)
The Human Fly (Rick Deacon)
Jeremiah
Jigsaw
Man-Killer
The Men Fish
Midas the Golden Man
Mindworm
Mirage (Desmond Charme) and his men
Monstroid (Ballox)
Moondark
Moondog
Rocket-Racer (Robert Farrell)
The White Dragon
Will-o'-the-Wisp
Stegron the Dinosaur Man
The Wraith (Brian DeWolff)

all the entries are one page only except the Secrets of Spider-Man (4 pages), the Black Cat (2 pages) and Peter and MJ's apartment (2 pages)

Maybe I am stupid but I can't see how edit my posts so I am forced to add something to my last one:

1) in The secrets of Spider-Man!
the Secrets are these ones:
a) Spider-Man's Origin
b) Spider-Man's Costumes (original one, Secret Wars one)
c) Spider-Man's Powers
d) Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
e) Spider-Man's Belt (Spider-Man's Web-Fluid Cartridges; Spider-Man's Miniature Camera; Spider-Man's Signal Projector)
f) Spider-Man's Web
g) Spider-Man's Mask

2) I forgot to add the surname of Amanda, Randy Robertson's wife, it is Batavides, Amanda Batavides

3) the Kingpin of Crime's entry shows the Fisk Towers too

4) the Hobgoblin entry talks about Ned Leeds because at the time everyone thought it was him, of course

5) it would be better to write: the Men Fish aka Doctor Dorcas' Men Fish, maybe

6) it woulb be better to write: Mirage (Desmond Charme) and Mirage's Henchmen, maybe

zuckyd1

Sep 19, 2012, 11:05 pm

MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #3
The Leader 1
Wolverine 1

Andy E. Nystrom

Sep 21, 2012, 09:06 pm

mal32 wrote:

Dear Andy, I reply to this one very late but I only wished to tell you that I really would love to have a complete list of these entries... like the ones from:

First off, sorry everyone that I'm behind on these. Summer weather's still here for the most part. Before the end of October I'll have cleared the backlog beyond stuff I have questions about.

I'm still mulling over the poster thing and I have the Essential volume with that annual so I can look at firsthand. I'm still happy to add posters to the Master List and sightings thread if there's a demand for them (if I did I'd probably include that Web Annual only in the Master List and not in Sightings given that it's a de facto poster-style Handbook); another possibility is to create a separate list for those. Other people's thoughts?

mal32 wrote:

Maybe I am stupid but I can't see how edit my posts so I am forced to add something to my last one:

Not stupid; you can only edit posts for one hour after posting unless you have special privleges (I have editing privleges in these threads because I wouldn't be able to do my volunteering stuff properly otherwise).

mal32

Oct 2, 2012, 05:00 pm

Hello Andy!!!
I am happy to see you back and I look forward for your updates

zuckyd1

Oct 5, 2012, 03:16 pm

The Praxagora, R’Kin, and Preak entries are actually in Annihilation: Super-Skrull #3, not #2.

zuckyd1

Oct 5, 2012, 03:28 pm

mal32 wrote:

this special annual did not have any story but only entries

I just picked this up, and it's pretty cool. Does anyone know of any other annuals (or regular issues) that are made up entirely (or mostly) of entries like this?

zuckyd1

Oct 5, 2012, 04:00 pm

BLACK PANTHER (1998) #36
a revised version of the Wakanda maps from the original OHOTMU, along with a 1-page schematic of the Palace Royal

CAPTAIN AMERICA #425
Captain America’s Brooklyn Heights Headquarters 2
(Technically not a handbook entry, I suppose, but IMO close enough.)

Andy E. Nystrom

Oct 18, 2012, 02:19 pm

I believe so. I don't think the DOA received a handbook entry previously but then again i could be wrong.

Catching up on these now. The closest the DOA had to a previous entry was the Appendix in the Marvel Knights encyclopedia

Andy E. Nystrom

Oct 18, 2012, 05:16 pm

Added Fear Itself, Marvel Super-Heroes 3, Black Panther; amended Annihilation: Super-Skrull. Holding off on Cap: my regular computer’s in the shop and my older computer’s DVD-ROM drive’s not working. I have that issue of Captain America on the Gitcorp DVD-ROM so want to see the page for myself. Will probably add the Marvel Vision characters form the Master List thread once I get some clarifications there.

Andy E. Nystrom

Oct 20, 2012, 07:01 pm

Added in Spider-Man: Animal Magnetism tpb (reprints Howard the Duck and Spider-Ham entries from newer Handbooks).

zuckyd1

Nov 4, 2012, 06:50 pm

MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #4
Crimson Dynamo (Nemirovsky) 1
Doctor Doom 1

Eduardo M.

Nov 4, 2012, 07:45 pm

MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #4
Crimson Dynamo (Nemirovsky) 1
Doctor Doom 1

Is that a new Crimson Dynamo?

zuckyd1

Nov 4, 2012, 08:29 pm

Is that a new Crimson Dynamo?

She first appeared in the Hulk: Winter Guard one-shot (2010) and subsequently in some issues of Iron Man.

Eduardo M.

Nov 4, 2012, 11:29 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

She first appeared in the Hulk: Winter Guard one-shot (2010) and subsequently in some issues of Iron Man.

NOW I know who that is. I need to read those books. I've only seen her in the Winter Guard entry in the A-Z hardcovers

Stuart V

Nov 21, 2012, 12:08 pm

There are two handbook entries of note (e.g. not just reprints) in upcoming trades. One brand new entry for a group never before covered in any handbook for Defenders by Matt Fraction vol.2, and an update in the forthcoming Captain Marvel TPB. I'll not say what the entries are just yet, so people can have fun speculating as to what they might be.

Eduardo M.

Nov 21, 2012, 09:12 pm

I'm going to say the Defenders entry is the Celestial Mind Control Movement and the Captain Marvel entry is Yon-Rogg or Una

Andy E. Nystrom

Nov 21, 2012, 11:25 pm

Stuart V wrote:

There are two handbook entries of note (e.g. not just reprints) in upcoming trades. One brand new entry for a group never before covered in any handbook for Defenders by Matt Fraction vol.2, and an update in the forthcoming Captain Marvel TPB. I'll not say what the entries are just yet, so people can have fun speculating as to what they might be.

Since the latter's un update, I'll go with Captain Marvel since she was Ms.Marvel last time she got an entry and such an entry would be a logical way to bring newbies up to speed on her complicated past.

skippcomet

Nov 22, 2012, 06:15 am

Stuart V wrote:

My guess for the Defenders entry is that it will be on the Collectors or Antiquarians (whatever they're called). Even money says the updated entry in Captain Marvel is for Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers).

skippcomet

Dec 9, 2012, 08:14 am

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Added Deadly Origin and Lost Legions (hadn't forgotten about the former; was just waiting for more stuff to pile up). What's the page count on the two updated entries?

Sorry for the much-delayed response to this question. The page count for the Legion and Professor X entries are 3 and 6, respectively, which is one more page than each had previously gotten (Legion's entry in...was it the A-Z update mini of 2011, or was it in the X-men: Earth's Mutant Heroes book?; and Professor X's entry in the Premium Hardcover series). Of course, the entries were updated up to the story that is included in the Legion Lost collection, not up to the events of recent months.

zuckyd1

Dec 24, 2012, 03:57 pm

MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #5
Sinister Six 1

Angelicknight

Jan 9, 2013, 05:09 pm

The Defenders trade was released today what was the new entry for the team that has never been covered before? Haven't had a chance to make it to the comic shop yet.

captainswift

Jan 9, 2013, 07:00 pm

Angelicknight wrote:

The Defenders trade was released today what was the new entry for the team that has never been covered before? Haven't had a chance to make it to the comic shop yet.

Oh, crap. I wrote part of that, didn't I? I need to go pick that up.

Angelicknight

Jan 10, 2013, 02:28 pm

skippcomet wrote:

My guess for the Defenders entry is that it will be on the Collectors or Antiquarians (whatever they're called). Even money says the updated entry in Captain Marvel is for Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers).

You were correct on the Defenders entry.

Council of Antiquarians (1 pg)

mal32

Jan 13, 2013, 01:55 pm

Thank you for the new about the new entry in DEFENDERS TPB #2 but what about the new or updated entry in the new CAPTAIN MARVEL TPB? Is it in "Captain Marvel, Vol. 1: In Pursuit of Flight"?
Thanks and ciao from Italy to everybody

Phoenixx9

Jan 14, 2013, 08:43 am

Ciao to you as well, mal32.

If the Captain Marvel entry is on Carol Danvers, have her powers/power grid changed? I thought as the New CM, Carol only changed her look and name.

Last edited by Andy E. Nystrom (1/08/2020 6:59 am)

1/08/2020 7:20 am  #3

More historical text from Comixfan

skippcomet

Jan 18, 2013, 06:05 pm

Captain Marvel: In Pursuit of Flight TPB, released January 1, 2013

Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) 4 pages

zuckyd1

Jan 27, 2013, 04:17 pm

MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #6
Wizard 1
She-Hulk 1

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 13, 2013, 02:35 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #6
Wizard 1
She-Hulk 1

Catching up on these. Is She-Hulk the Walters version? If not I'll amend. Brought this up to date beyond that.

zuckyd1

Mar 13, 2013, 03:33 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Catching up on these. Is She-Hulk the Walters version? If not I'll amend. Brought this up to date beyond that.

Not sure, but I probably would have noticed if it wasn't Walters. I'll try to check the next time I'm in a Barnes & Noble. (That's where I'm getting the info; the first issue was the only one that I actually bought.)

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 13, 2013, 05:11 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

Not sure, but I probably would have noticed if it wasn't Walters. I'll try to check the next time I'm in a Barnes & Noble. (That's where I'm getting the info; the first issue was the only one that I actually bought.)

Sounds good. As you say, the three She-Hulks have a pretty distinctive look to them, so unless I hear otherwise I'll leave it as Walters.

zuckyd1

Mar 29, 2013, 10:17 pm

MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #7
Enchantress 1

(Issue #6 was already gone, so wasn't able to double-check re: She-Hulk)

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 30, 2013, 02:17 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #7
Enchantress 1

(Issue #6 was already gone, so wasn't able to double-check re: She-Hulk)

S'okay, sooner or later someone will come along to correct it if it's wrong, but I imagine it's probably Jen. I added in Enchantress.

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 12, 2013, 06:44 pm

Material from Hulk #50 added. Entries have illos, First Appearance, History (unlabelled), and notes from Jeff Parker.

Eduardo M.

Apr 13, 2013, 01:05 pm

The Avengers Infinity Classic tpb has an updated entry on Jack of Hearts. Couldn't take a in depth look at it but I did see the entry has at least one new paragraph detailing his return in the Marvel Zombies Supreme mini-series

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 14, 2013, 03:45 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

The Avengers Infinity Classic tpb has an updated entry on Jack of Hearts. Couldn't take a in depth look at it but I did see the entry has at least one new paragraph detailing his return in the Marvel Zombies Supreme mini-series

Thank you. I added it and went with the hc's page count of 3. If this is wrong, let me know and will change.

skippcomet

Apr 19, 2013, 01:56 am

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Material from Hulk #50 added. Entries have illos, First Appearance, History (unlabelled), and notes from Jeff Parker.

Are these in Official Handbook format? I'd like to know before I try to hunt one down and buy it. Thank you.

Andy E. Nystrom

Apr 19, 2013, 07:56 pm

skippcomet wrote:

Are these in Official Handbook format? I'd like to know before I try to hunt one down and buy it. Thank you.

Just the categories noted above. The history is pretty informal, mixing past and present tense and noting bits about their personality.The odd sentence here and there could probably be worked into a Handbook entry but editing would be needed.

zuckyd1

Apr 23, 2013, 07:06 pm

Immortal Iron Fist: The Origin of Danny Rand is a regular comic, not a tpb.

zuckyd1

Apr 25, 2013, 07:12 pm

Avengers: I am an Avenger tpb

Is this Volume 1, Volume 2, or We Are the Avengers?

Stuart V

May 4, 2013, 12:10 pm

Thought I should mention:

Forthcoming TPB / collections with updated handbook profiles - e.g. not brand new characters, but not straight reprints from past handbooks - include:

Wolverine: First Cuts - multiple entries
Star-Lord: The Hollow Crown - one updated entry (guess who).

Eduardo M.

May 4, 2013, 01:46 pm

Stuart V wrote:

Forthcoming TPB / collections with updated handbook profiles - e.g. not brand new characters, but not straight reprints from past handbooks - include:

Hmmmmmm....... let me guess.................. Chris Pratt?

mal32

May 7, 2013, 04:12 am

Stuart V wrote:

Thank you Stuart!!!
I really hope you will always (and kindly) alert us about all the new or updated profiles of the forthcoming trade paper backs because I would like to buy all of them because I really wish to have all the OHotMU profiles ever made.
May I ask you if you think here are been listed all the profiles made so far?
Thank you very very much!!!

Andy E. Nystrom

May 8, 2013, 11:41 pm

I corrected the Origin of Daniel Rand error.

I didn't know the answer to the I am an Avenger question so I took an educated guess and assumed that when it was first noted, there was probably only the first trade out. If this is wrong, someone let me know and I'll correct.

Original series entries from Essential Defenders v7 (out today) added.

Andy E. Nystrom

May 11, 2013, 03:20 pm

Reading through Essential Black Panther v1, I noticed that Jungle Action #6 and 8 had Handbook-like maps of Wakanda, with the latter including an additional page of detail. These pre-Handbook maps have thus been added.

Stuart V

May 12, 2013, 01:49 pm

mal32 wrote:

Thank you Stuart!!!
I really hope you will always (and kindly) alert us about all the new or updated profiles of the forthcoming trade paper backs because I would like to buy all of them because I really wish to have all the OHotMU profiles ever made.
May I ask you if you think here are been listed all the profiles made so far?

Yes, as far as I know.

mal32

May 13, 2013, 02:30 am

Stuart V wrote:

Yes, as far as I know.

Thank you very much

mal32

May 17, 2013, 02:55 am

zuckyd1 wrote:

Avengers: I am an Avenger tpb

Is this Volume 1, Volume 2, or We Are the Avengers?
I am sorry but I did not understand your question.
I read inside (in the index) this: AVENGERS: I AM AN AVENGER. Contains material originally published .... as AVENGERS #1, #16, #137, #151, #181, #211, #221, #300 and #329. First printing 2010

All of the are from Volume 1.

But I repeat I am not sure I have understood the question.
Do you need more?

zuckyd1

May 17, 2013, 10:46 am

mal32 wrote:

I am sorry but I did not understand your question.
I read inside (in the index) this: AVENGERS: I AM AN AVENGER. Contains material originally published .... as AVENGERS #1, #16, #137, #151, #181, #211, #221, #300 and #329. First printing 2010

All of the are from Volume 1.

But I repeat I am not sure I have understood the question.
Do you need more?

I was asking which volume contained the updated team roster.

RVcousin

May 27, 2013, 08:24 am

Stuart V wrote:

Do you know (and can you tell us) how many handbook pages there will be in the Wolverine TPB ?

zuckyd1

May 30, 2013, 08:44 pm

from the Wolverine Index tpb:
DARK REIGN: THE LIST—WOLVERINE: Fantomex R, Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr) R

Stuart V

May 31, 2013, 05:29 am

RVcousin wrote:

Do you know (and can you tell us) how many handbook pages there will be in the Wolverine TPB ?

Eight.

JusticeGH

Jun 1, 2013, 12:54 pm

Captain Universe: The Hero Who Could Be You!, a comic-format reprint collection that was released on 5/29, includes an updated profile on Captain Universe. It incorporates William Nguyen and Juggernaut as previously included in the update appendix in the vol. 2 TPB, and also adds Tamara Devoux, the latest Captain Universe as featured in Hickman's Avengers. They get new paragraphs and headshots in the gallery.

zuckyd1

Jun 15, 2013, 06:50 pm

MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #9
Klaw 1
Black Panther 1

(Looks like I missed issue #8.)

Stuart V

Jun 19, 2013, 02:01 pm

Rocket Raccoon: Tales from Half-World has two handbook profiles. One's kind of new, though not entirely, as it was previously covered as part of another profile. Both are expanded from the last time they were profiled. It shouldn't take too much brainpower to figure out what the profiles are.

skippcomet

Jun 22, 2013, 08:30 am

Stuart V wrote:

Rocket Raccoon: Tales from Half-World has two handbook profiles. One's kind of new, though not entirely, as it was previously covered as part of another profile. Both are expanded from the last time they were profiled. It shouldn't take too much brainpower to figure out what the profiles are.

I'm all but positive one will be for Rocket Raccoon (duh)...but I can't for the life of me recall another RR-related entry (outside of Guardians of the Galaxy)...can anybody help?

Michael Regan

Jun 22, 2013, 10:13 am

I'll put my money on Blackjack O'Hare.

RVcousin

Jul 1, 2013, 06:12 pm

Stuart V wrote:

Eight.

Apparently the Wolverine First Cuts has been released. Does anyone have the entries details ?
For the Star-Lord TPB, I haven't read it yet, but it's a 4 page updated profile.

skippcomet

Jul 5, 2013, 03:48 am

RVcousin wrote:

Apparently the Wolverine First Cuts has been released. Does anyone have the entries details ?
For the Star-Lord TPB, I haven't read it yet, but it's a 4 page updated profile.

Is Star-Lord: The Hollow Crown an actual TPB? I looked it up and while it's reprinting past material, I got the impression it was in regular comic book format.

JusticeGH

Jul 9, 2013, 07:47 pm

skippcomet wrote:

Is Star-Lord: The Hollow Crown an actual TPB? I looked it up and while it's reprinting past material, I got the impression it was in regular comic book format.

It's in regular comic book format (well, with a weightier stock on the cover) for $7.99 US$

JusticeGH

Jul 10, 2013, 12:44 am

The reprint of Captain America (1968) # 171 that was included with Hasbro's Captain America and the Falcon Marvel's Greatest Battles Comic Packs action figure two-pack includes a 3 page reprint of the Falcon's entry from HC Vol. 4.

mal32

Jul 11, 2013, 04:04 am

RVcousin wrote:

I ordered:

1) Avengers Infinity Classic
2) Wolverine First Cuts TPB
3) Star-Lord The Hollow Crown
4) Captain Universe The Hero Who Could Be You

and I just received the first two ones.

In the "Avengers Infinity Classic" there is un updated 3 page entry of Jack of Hearts;
later I will write here about the entries in the "Wolverine First Cuts TPB" (I am Italian - different time zone - and now I am at work, sorry)

mal32

Jul 11, 2013, 04:34 pm

RVcousin wrote:

Ok, I am at home and now I can write about the entries from "Wolverine First Cuts":

1) Lord Shingen (Shingen Harada) 1 page
2) Silver Samurai (Keniuchio "Ken" Harada) 1 page
3) Viper (Ophelia Sarkissian) 1 page
4) Wolverine (James Howlett) 3 pages
5) Mariko Yashida 1 page
6) Yukio (Yukiko) 1 page

I see only 6 entries, not 8, sorry (but they are 8 pages in total)

mal32

Jul 14, 2013, 06:12 pm

In: "Star-Lord: The Hollow Crown", there is a 4 pages entry about Star-Lord (Peter Jason Quill)

Eduardo M.

Jul 14, 2013, 06:54 pm

mal32 wrote:

In: "Star-Lord: The Hollow Crown", there is a 4 pages entry about Star-Lord (Peter Jason Quill)

Does it say how he and Thanos escaped the Cancerverse?

JusticeGH

Jul 14, 2013, 11:45 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

Does it say how he and Thanos escaped the Cancerverse?

That old classic "unrevealed means".

mal32

Jul 15, 2013, 07:01 pm

JusticeGH wrote:

That old classic "unrevealed means".

Yes, he is not kidding, in the entry they wrote these words!!!

Eduardo M.

Jul 15, 2013, 07:58 pm

mal32 wrote:

Yes, he is not kidding, in the entry they wrote these words!!!

........ ugh

mal32

Jul 16, 2013, 11:47 am

Eduardo M. wrote:

........ ugh

They wrote "unrevealed means" not "That old classic"...[img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/img]

Eduardo M.

Jul 16, 2013, 09:00 pm

mal32 wrote:

They wrote "unrevealed means" not "That old classic"...[img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/img]

my answer is stil .............ugh

Note: my response in no way is directed at the writers who did the profile. Its directed more at the writer of the story who did supply the profile writer with an explanation.

mal32

Jul 17, 2013, 06:04 am

Eduardo M. wrote:

my answer is stil .............ugh

Note: my response in no way is directed at the writers who did the profile. Its directed more at the writer of the story who did supply the profile writer with an explanation.

Yes, I was kidding...
but may I add that I love Marvel but sometimes there are things I never understand, things like:
1) Why they changed Liz Allen in Liz Allan after years?
2) Why the Skrulls (in Fantastic Four vol.1 #2 January, 1962), looking at the Atlas monsters' images Reed Richards took from (Atlas) comic books, believed that Earth had too dangerous to invade? I remember that John Byrne added, after years, that the Skrull's eyes are different but they had spies on earth!!!!

zuckyd1

Jul 26, 2013, 10:42 pm

Micronauts #1 (1979) has brief 1-paragraph profiles of:
Commander Arcturus Rann
Marionette
Baron Karza
Bug
Acroyear, Prince of Acroyears & Prince Shaitan
Biotron & Microtron
The Shadow Priests
(These are all on 1 page.)

mal32

Jul 27, 2013, 06:16 pm

In the "Captain Universe: The Hero Who Could Be You" one-shot reprint dated July, 2013, there is un updated 3-pages entry of Captain Universe

A ROM Curator

Aug 15, 2013, 05:46 pm

I just got "Hulk Greatest Battles" Target exclusive TPB, and instead of having every entry from "World War Hulk Gamma Files", it only has these three reprints:

Gamma Mutates 5
Hulk 8
She-Hulk 4

For both Hulk and She-Hulk profiles, their large portraits are flipped to the opposite side of the page. Otherwise all entries' art is the same and all text seems to be identical except for a few formatting differences such as a word moved from the end of a line to the beginning of the next line.

I ordered this book so I'd have the only thing I'm aware of with a lenticular cover and mentions ROM inside. Thought I was out of luck when I got it & noticed Rick Jones' profile was missing. Then I found for the first time ROM named in the Max "Hammer" Stryker subsection of Gamma Mutates. Score. :look:

skippcomet

Aug 17, 2013, 08:43 am

A ROM Curator wrote:

I just got "Hulk Greatest Battles" Target exclusive TPB, and instead of having every entry from "World War Hulk Gamma Files", it only has these three reprints:

Gamma Mutates 5
Hulk 8
She-Hulk 4

For both Hulk and She-Hulk profiles, their large portraits are flipped to the opposite side of the page. Otherwise all entries' art is the same and all text seems to be identical except for a few formatting differences such as a word moved from the end of a line to the beginning of the next line.

I ordered this book so I'd have the only thing I'm aware of with a lenticular cover and mentions ROM inside. Thought I was out of luck when I got it & noticed Rick Jones' profile was missing. Then I found for the first time ROM named in the Max "Hammer" Stryker subsection of Gamma Mutates. Score. :look:

I'm confused. I know that, due to licensing issues, OHOTMU staff couldn't do an entry on Rom, but that didn't stop them from ever mentioning Rom in the Handbook in other entries, did it? At the very least, the entries covering the Spaceknights, the Dire Wraiths, Hybrid (Jimmy Marks), and Torpedo (Brock Jones) would have had to be severely redacted if they couldn't have mentioned Rom by name. (Same thing for Godzilla, Fu Manchu, Tarzan, Conan, etc. The only characters who couldn't be mentioned by name, that I can recall, were "a league of heroes from a distant cosmos" and "a mad cosmic scholar.")

Stuart V

Aug 17, 2013, 09:14 am

skippcomet wrote:

I'm confused. I know that, due to licensing issues, OHOTMU staff couldn't do an entry on Rom, but that didn't stop them from ever mentioning Rom in the Handbook in other entries, did it? At the very least, the entries covering the Spaceknights, the Dire Wraiths, Hybrid (Jimmy Marks), and Torpedo (Brock Jones) would have had to be severely redacted if they couldn't have mentioned Rom by name. (Same thing for Godzilla, Fu Manchu, Tarzan, Conan, etc. The only characters who couldn't be mentioned by name, that I can recall, were "a league of heroes from a distant cosmos" and "a mad cosmic scholar.")

Stuff that Marvel once licensed can still be mentioned in a historical context, so yes, Rom can and did get namechecked. Characters from other companies that were met in official crossover stories are trickier - in theory, I think we should have been okay with namechecking them since it is also purely a historical mention, but IANL, and we always played it safe by referencing them via descriptions.

zuckyd1

Aug 17, 2013, 11:49 am

I actually enjoy the Handbook's coy descriptions of other companies' characters. My favorite one is in the Jubilee entry: "Generation X shared many adventures together, including several in other dimensions, in one of which Jubilee fell for a caped adventurer with similar fashion sense."
There have also occasionally been references to non-official crossovers. For example, Impossible Man: "Mixed Pickles also impersonated Impy on at least one occasion to torment the FF of an undisclosed dimension."
Also, Mantis' entry lists Willow and Lorelei as aliases.

A ROM Curator

Aug 18, 2013, 09:47 am

skippcomet wrote:

I'm confused. I know that, due to licensing issues, OHOTMU staff couldn't do an entry on Rom, but that didn't stop them from ever mentioning Rom in the Handbook in other entries, did it?

Sorry for the confusion...guess my story about "the only thing I'm aware of (that) mentions ROM" threw you for a loop huh. By thing I meant any lenticular-covered publication whatsoever. When it comes to Handbooks and the like, I've spent about a (fun!) year filling holes in my collection for the express purpose of tracking ROM mentions, and I'm going to share my big list of them online one of these days. OHOTMU writers certainly have not shirked from acknowledging the legacy of ROM, by name, a fact much appreciated by more than myself I'm sure. Thanks Stuart V et al!

bigvis497

Aug 21, 2013, 11:17 pm

A ROM Curator wrote:

Sorry for the confusion...guess my story about "the only thing I'm aware of (that) mentions ROM" threw you for a loop huh. By thing I meant any lenticular-covered publication whatsoever. When it comes to Handbooks and the like, I've spent about a (fun!) year filling holes in my collection for the express purpose of tracking ROM mentions, and I'm going to share my big list of them online one of these days. OHOTMU writers certainly have not shirked from acknowledging the legacy of ROM, by name, a fact much appreciated by more than myself I'm sure. Thanks Stuart V et al!

Slightly off topic, but thought you might find this interesting. Marvel actually did license Rom in 1997 as part of their OverPower CCG. He's on the level 3 multi power card. If anyone remembers that game, the "power" cards don't name the characters blatantly, but there is a small line of copyright text on the bottom: ROM TM and C 1997 Marvel. Not sure how that would have worked as I thought the license would have passed by then.

Just thought that was interesting!

jephyork

Aug 25, 2013, 01:56 pm

The upcoming X-MEN: STORM BY WARREN ELLIS & TERRY DODSON TPB will have four updated profiles:

Storm
Cable
Callisto
Morlocks

Callisto and Morlocks are minor updates, but Storm and Cable are big expansions.

-Jeph!

Andy E. Nystrom

Aug 27, 2013, 07:50 pm

Okay, I finally found time to catch up on this and added all the suggested additions. I also took out all the Hulk: Greatest Battles listings that were in error.

Does anyone have info on Marvel Super-Heroes Mag #8 or any issue after 9, if it's still being published?

Is the Rocket Raccoon trade out yet?

I assumed that for the upcoming Storm book that the Morlocks and Callisto entries will be the same as the hardcovers but that the Storm and Cable entries will have more pages.

Stuart V

Aug 27, 2013, 08:18 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Okay, I finally found time to catch up on this and added all the suggested additions. I also took out all the Hulk: Greatest Battles listings that were in error.

Does anyone have info on Marvel Super-Heroes Mag #8 or any issue after 9, if it's still being published?

I assumed that for the upcoming Storm book that the Morlocks and Callisto entries will be the same as the hardcovers but that the Storm and Cable entries will have more pages.

Storm and Cable have additional pages. Morlocks and Callisto don't, but there's been some extensive rewriting and updating.

zuckyd1

Aug 27, 2013, 09:59 pm

I didn't know the answer to the I am an Avenger question so I took an educated guess and assumed that when it was first noted, there was probably only the first trade out. If this is wrong, someone let me know and I'll correct.

I've confirmed that the entry is in volume 1 and not in volume 2.

Andy E. Nystrom

Aug 27, 2013, 11:04 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

I've confirmed that the entry is in volume 1 and not in volume 2.

Great! Thank you for the confirmation!

mal32

Aug 28, 2013, 05:23 am

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Yes it is avalaible and I have just ordered it online, when I will have it in my hands I will write here the details... (thanks to everybody for the precious informations you all give us here!!!!)

JusticeGH

Aug 28, 2013, 03:05 pm

The "Rocket Racoon: Tales From Half-World" book (while it is a reprint book, like the Star-Lord and Captain Universe books before it, it isn't in paperback format...so not sure if it meets the definition of a "trade") includes an entry for Rocket (3 pages...up to date through the attack on London in GOTG) and an entry for Half-World (2 pages).

zuckyd1

Aug 28, 2013, 07:55 pm

I came across this curiosity:

MARVEL AGE MARVEL ENCYCLOPEDIA (2004) softcover

Here’s an online listing: http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=23472341
From a quick glance the entries seem mostly the same as those in Marvel Encyclopedia Vol. 1, but I did notice a few small differences.

Marvel Heroes
Captain America 4
Daredevil 4
Hulk 4
Iron Man 4
Thor 4

Fantastic Four
Human Torch 2
Invisible Woman 2
Mr. Fantastic 2
Thing 2
Namor 2
Doctor Doom 2

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 4
Ezekiel 1
J. Jonah Jameson 1
Aunt May & Uncle Ben 1
Mary Jane Watson 1
Doctor Octopus 1
Electro 1
Green Goblin 4
Lizard 1
Mysterio 1
Rhino 1
Sandman 1
Venom 1
Vulture 1

X-Men
Archangel 2
Beast 2
Cyclops 4
Gambit 2
Jean Grey 2
Iceman 2
Jubilee 2
Nightcrawler 2
Professor X 4
Rogue 2
Shadowcat 2
Storm 2
Wolverine 4

zuckyd1

Aug 28, 2013, 09:11 pm

DECIMATION: THE 198 tpb reprints X-Men: The 198 Files

SECRET INVASION: WHO DO YOU TRUST? tpb reprints Secret Invasion: Skrulls!

X-MEN: PHOENIX—WARSONG tpb
Phoenix Force 2 R
Stepford Cuckoos 1 R

CIVIL WAR: WAR CRIMES tpb
Grizzly 1 R
Silvermane 2 R
Underworld 1 R

CAPTAIN AMERICA ANNUAL #11
Captain America’s Shield 1 N
Captain America’s Jet Freedom Flight 2 N

STRIKEFORCE: MORITURI #25
Horde Spacecraft 1 R
The Paideia 1 R

nitpick: Untold Tales of the New Universe tpb is misalphabetized

Andy E. Nystrom

Aug 29, 2013, 02:34 am

Okay, I'll get to the latter in a bit. For the former though, if the whole book is an encyclopedia by the Handbook team a la the early 2000s ones, then I'll probably just add to the Master List but not the Sightings.

--Andy

zuckyd1

Aug 29, 2013, 12:13 pm

Okay. Although most of the entries appear to be straight-up reprints

Andy E. Nystrom

Aug 29, 2013, 12:34 pm

zuckyd1 wrote:

Okay. Although most of the entries appear to be straight-up reprints

Then it probably just deserves a note in Master List intro except for those that actually had some updating, as per the 1980s trades or the Essential volumes. The Sightings list is just for Handbook material that appears in an otherwise non-Handbook comic. People would expect to find Handbook material in a handbook trade or in a Marvel-published encyclopedia, but they probably wouldn't expect to find Handbook material in a Captain Universe or Star-Lord trade, so this is meant to be a roadmap for hidden entries.

zuckyd1

Aug 29, 2013, 01:12 pm

In looking it over again quickly, here is what I noticed:
Huk and Electro's entries have slight rewordings.
Thing's, Mary Jane Watson's, and Mysterio's entries are slightly abridged, while Jean Grey's loses a paragraph.
Doctor Doom loses three of his illustrations. Rogue loses two of her illustrations, and her main portrait is different.
There are small changes in some of the entries' layouts.
There are surely additional changes that I have missed.

zuckyd1

Aug 29, 2013, 02:59 pm

Not sure whether all of these qualify.

2099: WORLD OF TOMORROW #4
A Guide to the World of Tomorrow Part 1
1 paragraph per character
Upon Latveria: Doom, Xina, Spider-Man, Magus
Beneath the Savage Land: Nostromo, Willow, La Lunatica, Jade Ryuteki, Bloodhawk, Hodge, Winn

2099: WORLD OF TOMORROW #5
A Guide to the World of Tomorrow Part 2
1 paragraph per character
On the Big Boss’s Ship: Vulture, Fiona, Wulff, Uproar
On Mars: December, Smith and Dr. Isaacs [one entry]; Twilight
In the Last Refuge: Franklin, Madeline, Cerebra, Metalhead
In Garokk’s “Hell”: Strange, Limi, Garokk

AVENGERS #400
Avengers Roll Call 6

AVENGERS UNPLUGGED #3
Captain America (“Avengers Data File”) 1

AVENGERS: EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES #1
all 1/2 page
Iron Man (Earth-8096)
Thor (Earth-8096)
Hulk (Earth-8096)
Captain America (Earth-8096)
Wasp (Earth-8096)
Ant-Man (Earth-8096)
Hawkeye (Earth-8096)
Black Panther (Earth-8096)

AVENGERS: EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES #2
Baron Zemo (Earth-8096) 1
Baron Strucker (Earth-8096) 1
Crimson Dynamo (Ivan Vanko/Earth-8096) 1/2
Abomination (Earth-8096) 1/2
Hawkeye’s Bag of Tricks (arrows and cycle/Earth-8096) 2

AVENGERS: EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES #3
Ultron (Earth-8096) 1/2
Enchantress (Earth-8096) 1/2
“The Mighty Mjolnir” (Earth-8096) 1
“Breaking Down the HUD” (Iron Man’s helmet/Earth-8096) 1

Nick Fury (Earth-8096) 1
Black Widow (Earth-8096) 1
Kang (Earth-8096) 1
Loki (Earth-8096) 1

EARTH X SKETCHBOOK
X-51 (Earth-9997) 3
Cap (Earth-9997) 3
Cap and Redwing (Earth-9997) 2
Daredevil (Earth-9997) 2
Fantastic Four, The Marvels, Ben Grimm (Earth-9997) 2
Dr. Richards’ Doom (Earth-9997) 3
Stark (Earth-9997) 1
Iron Avengers: Hank, Jan, Pietro, Wanda, Vision, Clint (Earth-9997) 1
Thor, Goddess of Thunder (Earth-9997) 2
Namor the Cursed (Earth-9997) 1
Hulk & Banner (Earth-9997) 4
Sorceress Supreme (Earth-9997) 1
Doctor Strange (Earth-9997) 1
The X-Men: The Tower, Charmer, Dogface, Double Threat, Mermaid (Earth-9997) 1
Venom (Earth-9997) 1/2
Spidey (Earth-9997) 1/2
Loki (Earth-9997) 1
The Skull (Earth-9997) 1
Iron Maiden (Earth-9997) 1/2
Goblin (Earth-9997) 1/2
The Spiders Man (Earth-9997) 2
Britain: Dragon Man, Black Knight, King Britain, The Union Jacks (Earth-9997) 1
Africa: The Ani-Men, The Beast, King Panther, Queen Storm (Earth-9997) 1
Russia: The Black Widow, The Crimson Dynamo, Red Guard, Czar Colossus (Earth-9997) 1
The Silver Surfers (Earth-9997) 1
The Inhumans (Earth-9997) 1
Black Bolt (Earth-9997) 2
Medusa (Earth-9997) 2
Luna (Earth-9997) 1
Triton (Earth-9997) 1
Karnak (Earth-9997) 1
Gorgon (Earth-9997) 1

EARTH X SPECIAL EDITION
A supplement to Wizard: The Comics Magazine #77. The format is identical to the Earth X Sketchbook, and many of the entries are very similar.
Inhumans: Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Karnak, Triton (Earth-9997) 1
Captain America (Earth-9997) 1
Daredevil (Earth-9997) 1
Dr. Richards’ Doom (Earth-9997) 1
Iron Maiden (Earth-9997) 1/2
The Skull (Earth-9997) 1/2
The Incredible Hulk & Bruce Banner (Earth-9997) 1
Namor the Cursed (Earth-9997) 1
The Iron Avengers: Giant-Man, Wasp, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye (Earth-9997) 1
Thor, Goddess of Thunder (Earth-9997) 1
Sorceress Supreme (Earth-9997) 1
The X-Men: Mr. S, Charmer, The Tower, Double Header, Mermaid, Dogface (Earth-9997) 1
The Fantastic Four, The Marvels, Silver Surfers (Earth-9997) 2
Venom (Earth-9997) 1/2
The Spiders Man (Earth-9997) 1/2
Green Goblin (Earth-9997) 1/2
Spider-Man (Earth-9997) 1/2

UNIVERSE X SPECIAL EDITION
A supplement to Wizard #106, co-published by Marvel.
Nighthawk and Gargoyle (Earth-9997) 1
Belasco (Earth-9997) 1
Cap and Mar-Vell Child (Earth-9997) 1
Mar-Vell and the Marvel Universe (Earth-9997) 2
Immortus (Earth-9997) 1
Black Knight (Earth-9997) 1
Iron Men: Black Knight, Iron Maiden, Black Widow, Bolt, Crimson Sage, Steelbow, Tank, Jade Dragon, Sting, Monolith (Earth-9997) 2
Magneto and Toad (Earth-9997) 1
Angel (Earth-9997) 1/2
Iceman (Earth-9997) 1/2
Xen: Sumo, Kendo, White Tiger, Wong, Mantis, Sunfire, Sai, Chi, Tora, Tao, Banzai (Earth-9997) 2
The Ant Men: Marionette, Bug, Neutron, Ant Man, Proton, Spidra, Spartak (Earth-9997) 1
The Dead (Earth-9997) 1
The Realm Marvel (Earth-9997) 1

PARADISE X SPECIAL EDITION
A supplement to Wizard, co-published by Marvel and reprinted in the Paradise X trade collection.
The Guardians of the Galaxy: Vance Astro, Starhawk, Yondu, Martinex, Charlie-27 (Earth-9997) 1
The Heralds: Spider-Girl, Iron Man 2020, Bloodstorm, Hyperion, Wolverine, Killraven, Deathlok (Earth-9997) 2
Mar-Vell and Friends: Hulk, Brothers Grimm, Banner, Mar-Vell (Earth-9997) 1
Steve Rogers—Archangel (Earth-9997) 1
The Avenging Host: Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Matt Murdock, Victor Von Doom, Black Bolt, Jean Grey, Hank Pym (Earth-9997) 2
Thor and Loki (Earth-9997) 1
The New Death (Earth-9997) 1
The Royal Wedding (Earth-9997) 2
X-Reunion (Earth-9997) 2
The Paradise (Earth-9997) 2
The 3-D Man (Earth-9997) 1

IRON MAN #290
Stark Enterprise Technical Database: Neuromimetic Telepresence Unit General Overview 7 (similar to the entries in the first Iron Manual)

“From the Royal Archives of the Imperial House of Tha-Korr”:
NAMOR #36: Fen 1, Lords Seth and Dara 1, Tamara Rahn 1, Arlys Tigershark 1, Namorita 1
NAMOR #37: Suma-Ket 1

“From the Private Journal of Charles Xavier”:
NEW MUTANTS #21: Cannonball 1, Magik 1, Sunspot 1
NEW MUTANTS #22: Wolfsbane 1, Mirage 1, Magma 1
NEW MUTANTS #23: Warlock 1
NEW MUTANTS #25: David Charles Haller 1, Lila Cheney 1
NEW MUTANTS #31: Empath 1, Catseye 1

“From the Files of Dr. Ashley Kafka”:
WEB OF SPIDER_MAN #117: John Jameson 1, Vermin 1
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #394: Carnage 1
SPIDER-MAN #51: Chameleon 1, Carrion 1

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN PREMIERE COMIC #1 (May 2012)
This is the Disney XD animated series, which I don’t think has received a reality designation yet.
Spider-Man 1
Nova (Sam Alexander) 1/2
White Tiger (Ava Ayala) 1/2
Power Man 1/2
Iron Fist 1/2
Agent Coulson 1/2
Nick Fury 1

ULTRAVERSE ORIGINS #1
Warstrike 2
Wrath 1
U-231 1

X-MEN ADVENTURES #15
“Xavier Files”, 1 page each
Cyclops (Earth-92131)
Gambit (Earth-92131)
Jean Grey (Earth-92131)
Jubilee (Earth-92131)
Professor X (Earth-92131)
Rogue (Earth-92131)
Storm (Earth-92131)
Wolverine (Earth-92131)

zuckyd1

Sep 17, 2013, 09:23 pm

INCOMPLETE DEATH’S HEAD #1
Dragon’s Claws 1 (R from Dragon’s Claws #5?)

INCOMPLETE DEATH’S HEAD #3
Spratt 1 N

INCOMPLETE DEATH’S HEAD #5
The Doctor 1 N

AVENGERS #381
Collector 1 N
Kree Sentry 1 N

MARVEL DOUBLE FEATURE ... THE AVENGERS/GIANT-MAN #381
(published simultaneously with Avengers #381)
Collector 1
Kree Sentry 1

INFINITY: THE HUNT #1
map of Avengers Academy 2

zuckyd1

Sep 18, 2013, 11:47 pm

It's not really a handbook entry, but THOR GOD OF THUNDER #13 contains a nice 2-page map of the Nine Realms.

zuckyd1

Sep 29, 2013, 04:23 pm

MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #11
Gray Gargoyle 1

DeadpoolRP

Sep 29, 2013, 04:45 pm

Does anyone know if the upcoming Agents of SHIELD reprint collection is going to contain any handbook entries? I ask because the similar reprint collections they did for Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon (and maybe Black Bolt?) contained entries.

zuckyd1

Sep 29, 2013, 05:14 pm

The Black Bolt reprint did not contain any handbook entries.

zuckyd1

Oct 6, 2013, 03:18 pm

FANTASTIC FOUR: A DEATH IN THE FAMILY #1
Fantastic Four 3 R

NYX: NO WAY HOME #4
Cecilia Reyes 1 R

DOCTOR VOODOO: AVENGER OF THE SUPERNATURAL #1
Brother Voodoo 2 R

zuckyd1

Oct 6, 2013, 03:25 pm

Some more entries that may qualify:

CIVIL WAR CHRONICLES #1
Captain America 1/3
Iron Man 1/3
Speedball 1/3

FANTASTIC FOUR UNPLUGGED #1
Thing 2

PROFESSOR XAVIER AND THE X-MEN #1
Cyclops 2

POWER PACK #42
James and Margaret Power 1
The Kymellians 1

CODENAME: GENETIX #2
Shift 1/2
Base 1/2
Ridge 1/2
Stinger 1/2

MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE v2 #2
Abomination 1/2
Green Goblin 1/2

AVENGERS #350
The New Avengers Mansion 2

X-MEN #188
The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning 2

FANTASTIC FORCE v2 #1
Bruce Robert Banner Jr. 1/2
The Hooded Man 1/2
Lightwave 1/2
Psionics 1/2
Natalie X 1/2
Alex Ultron 1/2

MUTANT X #1
Havok 1
Marvel Woman 1
Bloodstorm 1
The Fallen 1
Ice-Man (Earth-1298) 1
The Brute 1

THOR SPOTLIGHT
Yggdrasil Unplugged: A Guide to the Nine Worlds 3

ADVENTURES OF THE X-MEN #3
Gambit (Earth-92131) 1

CITIZEN V AND THE V-BATTALION: THE EVERLASTING #1
(all on 1 page)
Citizen V (John Watkins III)
The Mighty Destroyer
Silver Scorpion
Bucky II
Isadora Martinez
Nuklo
Goldfire
Topspin
Andrea Sterman
Human Torch (Hammond)
The Vanguard
The V-Battalion Operations Teams: The Steam Team, The One-Eyed Team, The Plowshares

POWER MAN AND IRON FIST #69
Heroes For Hire offices 1/2
Seagate Prison 1/2
The K’un-Lun Mountain, Home of the Immortals 1/2
Gem Theater 1/2
The Rand Townhouse 1/2
friends: Toby, David Griffith, Jeryn Hogarth, Bob Diamond, Lieutenant Rafael Scarfe, William Hao 1
ladies: Colleen Wing, Misty Knight, Jennie Royce, Reva Connors, Harmony Young

KNIGHTS OF PENDRAGON v2 #2
Knights of Pendragon (including Pendragon, Union Jack, Albion, Francesca Grace) 2

HELL’S ANGEL #2
Hell’s Angel 2

CABLE #43
(all on 2 pages)
Cable
Cyclops and Jean Grey
Domino
Cannonball
Storm
Apocalypse
Sinister
Sanctity
Madelyne Pryor
Aliya
Tyler Dayspring, Stryfe

AGENTS OF ATLAS v2 #6
Agent Derek Khanata 1

GENEXT #1
Olivier Raven 1
Becka Munroe 1
Colossus 1
“Rico” 1
No-Name 1

The profiles from New Avengers#1 Director’s Cut are reprinted in 2010’s New Avengers #1—Marvel’s Greatest Comics edition.

zuckyd1

Oct 6, 2013, 05:48 pm

FORCE WORKS ASHCAN EDITION
Scarlet Witch 1
U.S. Agent 1
Spider-Woman (Carpenter) 1
Wonder Man 1
Iron Man 1

TEAM X/TEAM 7
Team X: Logan, Creed, North, Wraith 2
Team 7 (Wildstorm): Lynch, Cray, Dane, Cash, Chang 2

mal32

Oct 20, 2013, 02:42 pm

The "Rocket Racoon: Tales From Half-World" book (while it is a reprint book, like the Star-Lord and Captain Universe books before it, it isn't in paperback format...so not sure if it meets the definition of a "trade") includes an entry for Rocket (3 pages...up to date through the attack on London in GOTG) and an entry for Half-World (2 pages).
Thank you. But I need to add that Marvel mispelled "Halfworld" on the title, the right name is Halfworld and not Half-World

zuckyd1

Nov 1, 2013, 01:02 am

INHUMANS: BY RIGHT OF BIRTH reprints a number of profiles.

1/08/2020 9:37 am  #4

More historical text from CxPulp

mal32
11-08-2013, 01:21 AM

Hello, about:
X-Men: Storm by Warren Ellis & Terry Dodson tpb (all U) Storm, Cable, Callisto 2, Morlocks 4
may I tell that Storm has 6 pages, Cable 4 pages and Callisto 2 pages?

Andy E. Nystrom
11-10-2013, 11:13 AM

Okay, I'm slowly working through these for the Master List and then will add them to the Sightings list as well. Thank you for everyone who's provided new info in the last few months.

Zuckyd1, you mentioned that some of the stuff you were unsure of. For the borderline cases could you clarify what makes them borderline? I don't have most of them and if you give everyone a sense of what they're like we'll be better able to come to a consensus as to whether they belong on those two lists. Thx in advance. I'll probably include most of them, but since there's a lot of stuff to add I just want to doublecheck.

Andy E. Nystrom
11-10-2013, 12:42 PM

Further to my last request, let me know if any of the above are just posters with a few stats, because we haven't reach a consensus yet on how we're going to catalogue those.

zuckyd1
11-10-2013, 12:58 PM

Okay, I'll try and get to this soon.

Andy E. Nystrom
11-10-2013, 02:22 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

Okay, I'll try and get to this soon.

No rush. Some of them I can make an educated guess at and will wait on the rest.

zuckyd1
11-10-2013, 04:26 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

No rush. Some of them I can make an educated guess at and will wait on the rest.

Let me know if there are any in particular you have an immediate question about, and I can look it up.

zuckyd1
11-10-2013, 08:46 PM

Let me know if you need more info.

2099: WORLD OF TOMORROW #4
A Guide to the World of Tomorrow Part 1
These are capsule entries, 11 entries on 1 page. Each has a couple of sentences and a picture. No stats.

2099: WORLD OF TOMORROW #5
A Guide to the World of Tomorrow Part 2
Same as above. 13 entries on one page

AVENGERS #400
Avengers Roll Call
54 capsule entries spread over 6 pages. Real name, portrait, membership status and a listing of all issues where they were a member. No other text.

AVENGERS UNPLUGGED #3
Captain America (“Avengers Data File”) 1
Basically a files entry. Some stats.

AVENGERS: EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES #1
all 1/2 page
1 paragraph summary of the character, with ilustration. No stats.

AVENGERS: EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES #2
Crimson Dynamo and Abomination same as above. Zemo and Strucker are full page and more detailed.
Hawkeye’s Bag of Tricks is a two-page spread with illustrations and titles of items. No detailed diagrams, no other text.

Ultron and Enchantress are the same as the previous half-pagers. Mjolnir is a large simple illustration with two paragraphs of brief description. The illustrations of Iron Man’s helmet are a bit more detailed.

AVENGERS: EARTH’S MIGHTIEST HEROES #4 (I misnumbered it “3” in my original post)
the profiles are the same as the full-pagers from issue #2.

EARTH X SKETCHBOOK
The focus is definitely on Ross’s sketches, but they are accompanied by test which describes the characters and the role they play in this reality.

EARTH X SPECIAL EDITION
A supplement to Wizard: The Comics Magazine #77. The format is identical to the Earth X Sketchbook, and many of the entries are very similar.

UNIVERSE X SPECIAL EDITION
A supplement to Wizard #106, co-published by Marvel.
ditto

PARADISE X SPECIAL EDITION
A supplement to Wizard, co-published by Marvel and reprinted in the Paradise X trade collection.
ditto

IRON MAN #290
Stark Enterprise Technical Database: Neuromimetic Telepresence Unit General Overview 7 (similar to the entries in the first Iron Manual)

“From the Royal Archives of the Imperial House of Tha-Korr”:
NAMOR #36 & 37: files-type entries written by Grand Vizier Vashti. No stats.

NEW MUTANTS: “From the Private Journal of Charles Xavier”:
files-type entries written by Xavier. No stats.

SPIDER-MAN: “From the Files of Dr. Ashley Kafka”:
files-type entries written by Kafka. No stats.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN PREMIERE COMIC #1 (May 2012)
This is the Disney XD animated series, which I don’t think has received a reality designation yet.
Two descriptive paragraphs with illustration. No stats

ULTRAVERSE ORIGINS #1
Fairly detailed files-type entries with some stats. The files belong to the Aladdin government agency.

X-MEN ADVENTURES #15
“Xavier Files”, 1 page each
These are not files entries. More similar to handbooks. 3 full body illustrations (similar to Master Edition), stats, description of powers.

INCOMPLETE DEATH’S HEAD #1
Dragon’s Claws 1 (R from Dragon’s Claws #5?) — similar to other Dragon’s Claws entries, but in files format. (Not sure who the files are supposedly written by, but they’re in-universe.)

INCOMPLETE DEATH’S HEAD #3 & 5
same as above

AVENGERS #381
Collector 1 N
Kree Sentry 1 N
brief files entries by Captain america and Vision respectively

MARVEL DOUBLE FEATURE ... THE AVENGERS/GIANT-MAN #381
(published simultaneously with Avengers #381)
same as above

INFINITY: THE HUNT #1
map of Avengers Academy 2
a two-page spread which combines story (dialog from characters walking through the Academy campus), issue credits, and the Academy buildings (all labeled, some with cutaway sections)

It's not really a handbook entry, but THOR GOD OF THUNDER #13 contains a nice 2-page map of the Nine Realms.
A simple, pretty map. Each realm is labeled.

CIVIL WAR CHRONICLES #1
Illustration and a couple of paragraphs of description. Cap and Iron Man also have short recommended reading lists.

FANTASTIC FOUR UNPLUGGED #1
1 page action illustration, 1 page stats.

PROFESSOR XAVIER AND THE X-MEN #1
Stats, descriptions, and several illustrations.

POWER PACK #42
Several illustrations and paragraphs of description. No stats. The Kymellians pictured are Whitey, Byrel, Kofi, and Yrik.

CODENAME: GENETIX #2
files entries written by Dr. Oonagh Mullarkey of the Gena-Sys Corporation

MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE v2 #2
A few detailed descriptive paragraphs. Illustration. No stats.

AVENGERS #350
Eliot Brown. Same format as similar entries from the Deluxe Edition.

X-MEN #188
Files-type entry from the House Committee on Mutant Affairs. Several detailed descriptive paragraphs. Large illustration of the campus, but without any labels, cutaways, etc.

FANTASTIC FORCE v2 #1
Same format as the Earth X entries.

MUTANT X #1
Files-type entries from SHIELD. Fairly detailed.

THOR SPOTLIGHT
Brief descriptions of each realm, with recommended reading list. Only two illustrations, which are primarily decorative. Written by Robert Greeberger.

ADVENTURES OF THE X-MEN #3
Similar to the old annual pin-ups. Large illustration, brief description, no stats.

CITIZEN V AND THE V-BATTALION: THE EVERLASTING #1
One descriptive paragraph (somewhat colloquially written), a few stats, no illustrations.

POWER MAN AND IRON FIST #69
Informally written, with large illustrations.

KNIGHTS OF PENDRAGON v2 #2
Different format than the previous KoP profiles. Mostly a description of the group, with a full page action shot. Portraits and brief descriptions of the 4 members. No stats.

HELL’S ANGEL #2
Descriptive text with two large action shots. No stats.

CABLE #43
(all on 2 pages)
1 brief descriptive paragraph and small portrait.

AGENTS OF ATLAS v2 #6
Basically a files entry, although it’s not clear who wrote it or whether it’s supposed to be in-universe.

GENEXT #1
similar to Earth X entries

FORCE WORKS ASHCAN EDITION
files-type entries written by Tony Stark. No stats. (Each page also has a quote about the series from one of its creators.)

TEAM X/TEAM 7
Descriptive paragraph, small illustration, no stats.

zuckyd1
11-11-2013, 03:29 PM

THANOS: REDEMPTION tpb
(all R?)
Thanos
Beyonder
Death
Galactus
Gladiator
Skreet

INHUMANS: BY RIGHT OF BIRTH tpb
(I believe these are all R-D)
Black Bolt
Crystal
Gorgon
Karnak
Lockjaw
Maximus
Medusa
Triton
inhumans

zuckyd1
11-11-2013, 03:31 PM

Andy, it looks like you double-posted some of the postings from 2012.

mal32
11-12-2013, 06:32 AM

Dear Andy, in our last private message I wrote you that I had 2 little things to tell here, the first one was about the last X-Men: Storm by Warren Ellis & Terry Dodson trade paper back, the second one is for the "Master List" post but I don't find it so I write it here if you allow me:
about "Fandral the Dashing" there is ThorA as appearence but we should add "app" to it

Andy E. Nystrom
11-15-2013, 03:22 PM

One more question: For the Earth-X material, re Cap (solo), Cap (with Redwing), Captain America, Cap (w Mar-Vell son), and Steve Rogers - Archangel all the same person? If so, what is the most recently depicted alias? Also are Spidey and Spider-Man the same person but different from Spiders Man for the Earth-X stuff? And Goblin/Green Goblin same? And is Realm Marvel the same thing as Earth-X or just a section of it?

I'll add these to the Master List, but since it looks like the books are all profiles, they fall beyond the scope of Sightings.

zuckyd1
11-16-2013, 02:49 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

One more question: For the Earth-X material, re Cap (solo), Cap (with Redwing), Captain America, Cap (w Mar-Vell son), and Steve Rogers - Archangel all the same person? If so, what is the most recently depicted alias? Also are Spidey and Spider-Man the same person but different from Spiders Man for the Earth-X stuff? And Goblin/Green Goblin same? And is Realm Marvel the same thing as Earth-X or just a section of it?

I'll add these to the Master List, but since it looks like the books are all profiles, they fall beyond the scope of Sightings.

EARTH X SPECIAL EDITION (01/1998)
Captain America is Steve Rogers
Spider-Man is Peter Parker. Spiders Man is a different character.

EARTH X SKETCHBOOK (02/1999)
Cap is Steve Rogers. So is Cap from the "Cap and Redwing" entry.
Spidey is Peter Parker. (Not sure why he's named differently here.)
Goblin is the same as Green Goblin.

UNIVERSE X SPECIAL EDITION (07/2000)
Cap ("Cap and Mar-Vell Child" entry) is Steve Rogers.
The Realm Marvel consists of characters who are neither truly alive nor truly dead. It sounds like the name actually refers to this group of characters rather than to a location.

PARADISE X SPECIAL EDITION (2001)
Steve Rogers, Archangel seems to be an older version/new incarnation of Captain America.

Andy E. Nystrom
11-16-2013, 07:35 PM

Thank you, David. I'll incorporate that into the next set of edits for both lists!

zuckyd1
11-17-2013, 04:18 PM

The upcoming ANNIHILATION OMNIBUS is reprinting Nova Corps Files.

Andy E. Nystrom
11-17-2013, 05:14 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

The upcoming ANNIHILATION OMNIBUS is reprinting Nova Corps Files.

Hmm, I may have to rethink cases where an entire Handbook is listed, as that sort of thing is happening more frequently. I mean, it's great that it's happening as it may lead to new Handbooks down the road, but it's also pretty time consuming to list everyone. What I might do is grandather in everyone already listed, but for subsequent cases where it's an entire Handbook/Files Book, etc, just list the name of the Handbook being reprinted and leave the contents for the Master List.

zuckyd1
11-17-2013, 06:58 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Hmm, I may have to rethink cases where an entire Handbook is listed, as that sort of thing is happening more frequently. I mean, it's great that it's happening as it may lead to new Handbooks down the road, but it's also pretty time consuming to list everyone. What I might do is grandather in everyone already listed, but for subsequent cases where it's an entire Handbook/Files Book, etc, just list the name of the Handbook being reprinted and leave the contents for the Master List.

That makes sense.

zuckyd1
11-20-2013, 10:35 AM
AVENGERS: HEART OF STONE tpb: Avengers 2 R-O

According to the Grand Comics Database, the following books have Handbook entries:
CHAMPIONS CLASSIC #2 tpb: Champions 1 R-D
FANTASTIC FOUR VISIONARIES: JOHN BYRNE tpb #6: Fantastic Four 2 R-D, Doctor Doom 3 R-D, Doctor Doom’s Castle 1 R-D
FANTASTIC FOUR: IN SEARCH OF GALACTUS hc: Galactus 1 R-O, Sphinx 1 R-O, Skrulls 1 R-O, Super-Skrull 1 R-O
MAN-THING OMNIBUS hc: Man-Thing’s Swamp 1 R-D

Andy E. Nystrom
11-20-2013, 07:45 PM

That Champions one can't be right. They never made it into the Deluxe version. Their original version was 1/3 of a page. A reprint of Teams 2005 maybe?

zuckyd1
11-23-2013, 03:29 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

That Champions one can't be right. They never made it into the Deluxe version. Their original version was 1/3 of a page. A reprint of Teams 2005 maybe?

My LCS doesn't have a copy so I can't confirm. The GCD isn't always 100% reliable. For AVENGERS: HEART OF STONE they also listed 1/2-page R-O for Wonder Man and Count Nefaria, but those turned out to just be reprints of the Handbook illustrations!

zuckyd1
11-27-2013, 02:29 PM

SPIDER-MAN: MARK OF THE TARANTULA tpb: Captain Marvel (Rambeau) 1 R-O, Tarantula 2 R-D
AVENGERS: ABSOLUTE VISION BOOK 1 tpb: Avengers 2 R-O, Avengers Mansion 2 R-O, Avengers Quinjet 1 R-O

RVcousin
12-02-2013, 04:36 AM

mal32 wrote:

Hello, about:
X-Men: Storm by Warren Ellis & Terry Dodson tpb (all U) Storm, Cable, Callisto 2, Morlocks 4
may I tell that Storm has 6 pages, Cable 4 pages and Callisto 2 pages?

Hello guys,
I'm also here now in CXpulp.
Can someone tell me what's new in theMolocks entry ?
Thanks in advance,

Eduardo M.
12-13-2013, 12:48 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

THANOS: REDEMPTION tpb
(all R?)
Thanos
Beyonder
Death
Galactus
Gladiator
Skreet

Saw this today at my local B&N. Only Skreet is a straight up reprint. All the rest are updated. Thanos is 6 pages with updates up to his appearance in Avengers Assemble and including events covered in Thanos Rising. He has at least two new illustrations (plus a new main image). Beyonder is 3 pages with no written updates but at least 1 new illustration. Death is 2 pages with written updates up to Chaos War and nine new illustrations showing various forms she/he/it has taken. Galactus is 6 pages with written updates up to his appearances in the Ultimate Universe and at least one new illustration. Gladiator is 2 pages with written updates that cover up to his appearance in Avengers pre-Infinity.

Stuart V
12-15-2013, 02:33 AM

Eduardo M. wrote:

Saw this today at my local B&N. Only Skreet is a straight up reprint. All the rest are updated. Thanos is 6 pages with updates up to his appearance in Avengers Assemble and including events covered in Thanos Rising. He has at least two new illustrations (plus a new main image). Beyonder is 3 pages with no written updates but at least 1 new illustration. Death is 2 pages with written updates up to Chaos War and nine new illustrations showing various forms she/he/it has taken. Galactus is 6 pages with written updates up to his appearances in the Ultimate Universe and at least one new illustration. Gladiator is 2 pages with written updates that cover up to his appearance in Avengers pre-Infinity.

Yes, the Thanos Rising entries are largely updated.

There's another trade coming soon with some more updates. I can't say what yet, as it has yet to be solicited, but once it is I will let the list know where to look.

mal32
12-17-2013, 09:45 AM

Stuart V wrote:

Yes, the Thanos Rising entries are largely updated.

Does this mean that also in the Thanos Rising trade paper back there are updated entries? (I ask this because I would like to buy all the books with new and/or updated entries, of course)

Stuart V
12-17-2013, 09:50 AM

Yes, there are updated entries in the Thanos Rising TPB.

Edit - sorry, getting Rising mixed up with Redemption. There's no handbook entries in Rising as far as I know.

Andy E. Nystrom
12-17-2013, 05:55 PM

There's been a ton of suggested updates and so I've fallen behind, but I have started the process of updating this list. List now updated to August 29/Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I'll try to chip away at the backlog every day for the next few days time permitting. I've also moved the books that collect entire Handbooks to the bottom of the list. Plus I removed the letter and number codes for the reasons outlined above.

zuckyd1
12-18-2013, 10:33 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

Just a clarification: this map apparently appears in many issues of the series.

Andy E. Nystrom
12-18-2013, 03:15 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

Just a clarification: this map apparently appears in many issues of the series.

Okay. Do you know the first issue?

Andy E. Nystrom
12-18-2013, 04:53 PM

Updated now to Sept 27. Tomorrow's pretty busy for me so if not tomorrow, more catch-up Friday

zuckyd1
12-18-2013, 06:53 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Okay. Do you know the first issue?

Nope. #13 was the first issue I saw, but it might be in earlier issues as well. It's a fairly simple map—not much in the way of details. Probably not even worth bothering about.

Andy E. Nystrom
12-20-2013, 05:32 PM

Updated to Oct 6/13: Fantastic Force

Andy E. Nystrom
12-21-2013, 04:29 PM

List updated to Oct 6/New Avengers. David was especially ambitious that day, which is why it's taking me so long to get all those onto the list in the proper order. Tomorrow I should be able to move things along to a lot closer to the present, however.

Andy E. Nystrom
12-22-2013, 03:13 PM

Updated to Nov 17. For Team X/Team 7, I included Team 7 in By Title but not By Entry as it's not Marvel.

Andy E. Nystrom
12-23-2013, 04:53 PM

List now brought up to date. There are still some gaps here and there e.g. missing page counts so if anyone sees any such errors please do point them out. Note that unlike the Master List, with all the reprint entries, I'm not too concerned about chronology in the Sightings list (e.g. a 2013 reprint of Abomination from the original Handbooks is still going to be pretty stale).

zuckyd1
12-26-2013, 01:32 PM

Ultimate Fantastic Four-X-Men tpb is missing from the Entries By Title list. Also, the indicia reads "Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four".

Andy E. Nystrom
12-27-2013, 05:12 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

Ultimate Fantastic Four-X-Men tpb is missing from the Entries By Title list. Also, the indicia reads "Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four".

I'll make a note later about the indicia name but I moved all By Title listings that cover complete Handbooks to the bottom of the listings.

zuckyd1
12-27-2013, 07:52 AM

Actually it's not just the indicia. As far as I can tell the name of the book is Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four. Not sure where the other title came from.

zuckyd1
01-08-2014, 09:59 AM

FANTASTIC FOUR/INHUMANS: ATLANTIS RISING tpb: Llyron 1
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY BY JIM VALENTINO VOL 1 tpb: Korvac 2
Presumably both are reprints.

Eduardo M.
01-08-2014, 04:22 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

FANTASTIC FOUR/INHUMANS: ATLANTIS RISING tpb: Llyron 1
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY BY JIM VALENTINO VOL 1 tpb: Korvac 2
Presumably both are reprints.

Is the korvac entry from the A-Z hardcovers or the DE? Reason I ask is because his A-Z entry is 3 pages long.

zuckyd1
01-09-2014, 07:24 AM

It looked like it was probably DE.

mal32
01-13-2014, 05:24 AM

Dear Andy, may I ask you if you think to add the profiles from WEB OF SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #3 (1987), a
special annual with not story but only entries (I ask this because I wrote it time ago but I am not sure to know what you decided):

Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

Peter Parker

The secrets of Spider-Man!
a) Spider-Man's Origin
b) Spider-Man's Costumes (original one, Secret Wars I black one)
c) Spider-Man's Powers
d) Spider-Man's Web-Shooters
e) Spider-Man's Belt (Spider-Man's Web-Fluid Cartridges; Spider-Man's Miniature Camera; Spider-Man's Signal Projector)
f) Spider-Man's Web
g) Spider-Man's Mask

Mary Jane Parker

Peter and MJ's apartment

Daily Bugle

Empire State University

Betty Brant Leeds

The Stacy family (Gwen and George Stacy)

The Jameson family (J.J.J., John Jameson and Marla Madison)

The Robertson family (Joe, Martha and Randy & Amanda Batavides)

May and Ben Parker

Aunt May's boarders (May Parker, Nathan Lubensky, Victor and Rose Palermo, Sophie and Martha, Arthur Cekov)

Harry, Liz and Norman Osborn

Flash Thompson

The distaff side [Silver Sable, Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter), Glory Grant, Kathryn Cushing, Joy Mercado, Sha-Shan]

Hobgoblin (Ned Leeds & Jason Philip Macendale)
(the Hobgoblin entry talks about Ned Leeds thinking he was the first Hogboblin and not his pawn, of course)

The Kingpin of Crime (Wilson Fisk)
with the Fisk Towers

The Rose (Richard Fisk)

Basilisk (Basil Elks)

The Big Wheel

The Black Cat (Felicia Hardy)

Cyclone (André Gerard)

The Dark Rider

Drom the Backward Man

The Grizzly (Max Harkham)

The Human Fly (Rick Deacon)

Jeremiah

Jigsaw

Man-Killer

the Men Fish aka Doctor Dorcas' Men Fish

Midas the Golden Man

Mindworm

Mirage (Desmond Charme) and Mirage's Henchmen

Monstroid (Ballox)

Moondark

Moondog

Rocket-Racer (Robert Farrell)

The White Dragon

Will o' the Wisp

Stegron the Dinosaur Man

The Wraith (Brian DeWolff)

all the entries are one page only except the Secrets of Spider-Man (4 pages), the Black Cat (2 pages) and Peter and MJ's apartment (2 pages)

Andy E. Nystrom
01-13-2014, 09:20 AM

I haven't forgotten about those. A final decision hasn't been made yet about "poster" type entries. I tried to start some discussion about it but not too many people commented. Then I started to do a poster thread anyway but never posted it because I found that some early posters didn't have first appearances and the like, blurring the Handbook entry angle further. I do have the uncompleted notes somewhere on my computer still.

In any event if I do end up intermingling these, I'll do so in the Master List but not here as the entire issue would be classified as a "Handbook" due to the lack of any story in that issue. The one aspect that would be applicable to the Sightings thread would be that it was collected in Essential Web of Spider-Man v2, so that would be noted at the bottom of the list.

zuckyd1
01-23-2014, 06:06 PM

In the Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four tpb Rogue's entry has a different picture than in the original handbook. Not sure if that qualifies as an update.

zuckyd1
01-23-2014, 08:06 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Captain America Annual #11 Captain America’s Shield 1 N, Captain America’s Jet Freedom Flight 2 N

You have "11" only partially in bold.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Klaw Marvel Super Heroes Magazine#9 1 N/kid friendly

This should be in the entries list, not the titles list.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Marvel Miletones: Black Panther, Storm & Ka-Zar

Should be "Milestones".

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

S.H.I.E.L.D. (2001)#1

Should be "2011".

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Strikeforce: Morituri: We Who are About to Die tpb

This is a one-shot issue, not a tpb.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Web of Spider-Man #177

Should be #117

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

White Tiger tpb

Full title is "White Tiger: A Hero's Compulsion tpb"

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Young Avengers/Runaway Civil War tpb ??

Should be "Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways". Contents are (all R): Arsenic/Old Lace 1, Bruiser 1, Hawkeye (Bishop) 1, Hulkling 1, Iron Lad 1, Victor Mancha 1, Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr) 1, Patriot (Bradley) 2, Stature 1, Talkback 1, Wiccan 1, Alex Wilder 1

Andy E. Nystrom
01-25-2014, 03:49 PM

I've made most of the corrections suggested by David and Angelo. Thank you! As previously noted, I'll add the Web of Spider-Man material to the Poster/Pinup thread in the near future.

zuckyd1
02-05-2014, 05:43 PM

STAR-LORD: ANNIHILATION -- CONQUEST (one-shot, 2014)
Deathcry 2 U
Groot 2 U
Mantis 3 U
Phalanx 2 U

zuckyd1
02-05-2014, 05:47 PM

Btw in the Titles list under Star-Lord: The Hollow Crown you left off "4 U".

mal32
02-06-2014, 09:58 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

Deathcry 2 U
Groot 2 U
Mantis 3 U
Phalanx 2 U

May I ask you when this one-shot should be avalaible, please?

zuckyd1
02-06-2014, 11:33 AM

mal32 wrote:

May I ask you when this one-shot should be avalaible, please?

It came out yesterday.

skippcomet
02-07-2014, 03:14 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

Deathcry 2 U
Groot 2 U
Mantis 3 U
Phalanx 2 U

What does the "U" mean? And are these new, Handbook-style entries?

mal32
02-07-2014, 04:33 AM

skippcomet wrote:

What does the "U" mean? And are these new, Handbook-style entries?

U is for an updated profile

mal32
02-07-2014, 09:11 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

It came out yesterday.

Thank you for your kind reply but the strange thing is that I can't find in in amazon.com and this is awful because I like to buy every comic book with new or updated profiles as soon as they come out... where did you buy it?

zuckyd1
02-07-2014, 12:26 PM

skippcomet wrote:

And are these new, Handbook-style entries?

Yes. These are almost the same as their most recent handbook entries, except for an extra paragraph or so at the end.

zuckyd1
 02-07-2014, 12:33 PM

mal32 wrote:

Thank you for your kind reply but the strange thing is that I can't find in in amazon.com and this is awful because I like to buy every comic book with new or updated profiles as soon as they come out... where did you buy it?

I bought it at my local comic shop. Here are a two online links:
http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/d...ion+Co_1313040
http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=25403801

Stuart V
02-07-2014, 03:28 PM

Apologies folks, I didn't realise this was due for release already or I'd have let the board know about it in advance. It feels like only yesterday that we were working on these updates. When we were doing handbooks, there was several months of a gap between us finishing a book and it hitting the shelves, so the much shorter time between finishing and publication in TPBs keeps catching me off guard.

mal32
02-09-2014, 11:24 AM

Stuart V wrote:

Apologies folks, I didn't realise this was due for release already or I'd have let the board know about it in advance. It feels like only yesterday that we were working on these updates. When we were doing handbooks, there was several months of a gap between us finishing a book and it hitting the shelves, so the much shorter time between finishing and publication in TPBs keeps catching me off guard.

No problem, the important is that we now know this book is out (but I still don't find it in amazon and this makes me nervous) and we know you will always warn us about the new books as soon as you can, Stuart

Andy E. Nystrom
02-09-2014, 01:14 PM

The new Star-Lord one-shot added and the old one fixed.

zuckyd1
02-19-2014, 04:12 PM

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY BY KIERON GILLEN COMPLETE COLLECTION Vol 1 tpb
Fear Lords 2 U

zuckyd1
03-05-2014, 09:08 AM

AVENGERS: FALCON tpb
Falcon 2 R-D

zuckyd1
03-12-2014, 11:03 AM

AVENGERS: ABSOLUTE VISION VOL 2 tpb
(all R-O)
Captain America 1
Captain America's Motorcycle 1/2
Captain America's Shield 1/2
Captain Marvel (Rambeau) 1
Hawkeye 1
Hawkeye's Skymobile 1
Hawkeye's Quiver and Bows 1
Hercules 1
Mockingbird 1
Mockingbird's Battle-Staves 1/2
Scarlet Witch 1
She-Hulk 1
Starfox 1
Thor 1
Thor's Hammer 1
Vision 1
Wasp 1
also reprinted is the Avengers Priority Identicard ½

zuckyd1
03-19-2014, 10:20 AM

IRON MAN EPIC COLLECTION: WAR GAMES tpb
Mandarin 3 R-D
Fin Fang Foom 1 R-89

zuckyd1
03-19-2014, 01:24 PM

There's a string of random numbers at the end of the Mystic Arcana hc listing.

Andy E. Nystrom
03-19-2014, 03:47 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

There's a string of random numbers at the end of the Mystic Arcana hc listing.

Thank you. Will take care of other updates in a bit but I deleted the numbers. Probably I needed to type someone's phone number in a hurry and forgot it was still in the doc

zuckyd1
03-20-2014, 09:52 AM

"Exiles: Then & Now" should be "Exiles: Days of Then and Now"

zuckyd1
03-20-2014, 01:26 PM

The Europe entries from Marvel Atlas are reprinted in Marvel Europe tpb.

zuckyd1
03-20-2014, 03:25 PM

Marvel 70th Anniversary also reprints Cyclops' visor.

Sidney Osinga
03-20-2014, 08:49 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

The Europe entries from Marvel Atlas are reprinted in Marvel Europe tpb.

Including the Netherlands entry from vol.14 of the hardcovers?

zuckyd1
03-21-2014, 05:26 AM

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Including the Netherlands entry from vol.14 of the hardcovers?

No, not including that.

zuckyd1
03-26-2014, 11:29 AM

The X-MEN AGE OF APOCALYPSE OMNIBUS COMPANION hc reprints the Age of Apocalypse handbook (presumably all of it).

zuckyd1
04-02-2014, 09:35 AM

Not sure if we're tracking these, but MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: ED BRUBAKER/BILLY TAN has a 1-page "Official Handbook" profile of Ed Brubaker, complete with stats. The profile is reprinted in CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER #1 Director's Cut.
(Interestingly, his first appearance is listed as Dark Horse Presents #65!)

Andy E. Nystrom
04-02-2014, 04:08 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

Not sure if we're tracking these, but MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: ED BRUBAKER/BILLY TAN has a 1-page "Official Handbook" profile of Ed Brubaker, complete with stats. The profile is reprinted in CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER #1 Director's Cut.
(Interestingly, his first appearance is listed as Dark Horse Presents #65!)

I'll include it. There's precedent with real world Handbook writers getting entries. A comic writer getting an entry is in the same ballpark.

Going on a trip next week so if I don't get to the newer stuff beforehand, will tackle upon my return

zuckyd1
04-02-2014, 05:45 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

I'll include it. There's precedent with real world Handbook writers getting entries. A comic writer getting an entry is in the same ballpark.

In that case there were a lot of Marvel staff members who received "handbook" profiles on Bulletins pages in the 80s and 90s.

Andy E. Nystrom
04-02-2014, 08:39 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

In that case there were a lot of Marvel staff members who received "handbook" profiles on Bulletins pages in the 80s and 90s.

Hmm, on second thought maybe for now we should limit such cases to ones that actually appear in the Handbooks.

Here's what happened there: When I took over the Master List from Eric, all profiles already on the list were to be grandfathered in (this is why the Cerebro Files remain on the list despite being long gone online). Eric had already included Mark Gruenwald's profile from Hardcover #14, and it's nice to have him on the list as none of us would be here talking about this without him. But Mark had previously been profiled in the Deluxe Edition so to remain consistent I added in the earlier profile plus all similar profiles from the Deluxe and newer editions.

But I don't want this to get out of hand so for now let's leave it just the ones in the Handbook. Obviously if a later handbook collection actually includes Brubaker's profile we'll have to revisit this. But for now, until I've had more time to consider this, I'm saying just the ones in the Handbooks themselves.

mal32
04-03-2014, 09:17 AM

I agree, Andy, we can wait to decide

rplass
04-16-2014, 07:27 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

The X-MEN AGE OF APOCALYPSE OMNIBUS COMPANION hc reprints the Age of Apocalypse handbook (presumably all of it).

Not all of it, and with some changes. Most of it is the Exiles entries.

Credits Page - has additional credits and an explanation of the power rankings from the Checklist page
2nd title Page - missing (this has the circular X-shaped logo with the X-segments filled with Mark Brooks art)
Blink entry inserted after Magneto
Sabretooth inserted after Rogue & Charles Lensherr
The Exiles entry - missing
Beak (Exiles) - missing
Magik (Exiles)- missing
Magnus (Exiles)- missing
Mimic (Exiles)- missing
Morph (Exiles)- missing
Namora (Exiles)- missing
Nocturne (Exiles)- missing
Sasquatch (Exiles)- missing
Sunfire (Exiles)- missing
T-Bird (Exiles) - missing
Timebroker - missing
Weapon X (Exiles)- missing
Checklist and back cover – missing

zuckyd1
04-17-2014, 10:26 AM

rplss wrote:

Not all of it, and with some changes. Most of it is the Exiles entries.

Credits Page - has additional credits and an explanation of the power rankings from the Checklist page
2nd title Page - missing (this has the circular X-shaped logo with the X-segments filled with Mark Brooks art)
Blink entry inserted after Magneto
Sabretooth inserted after Rogue & Charles Lensherr
The Exiles entry - missing
Beak (Exiles) - missing
Magik (Exiles)- missing
Magnus (Exiles)- missing
Mimic (Exiles)- missing
Morph (Exiles)- missing
Namora (Exiles)- missing
Nocturne (Exiles)- missing
Sasquatch (Exiles)- missing
Sunfire (Exiles)- missing
T-Bird (Exiles) - missing
Timebroker - missing
Weapon X (Exiles)- missing
Checklist and back cover – missing

I take it none of the entries have updates?

rplass
04-17-2014, 02:09 PM

The narrated text looks the same to me. I didn't check every word but it seemed the same. The column widths are formatted a bit differently.

There are a few differences in the "Known Relatives" of a few entries where "Parents" is replaced by the actual father and mother, and Anya is added in where you'd expect her.

zuckyd1
06-01-2014, 09:10 AM

MARVEL BOY TP Second Printing (2014)
Captain Marvel (Noh-Var) 1 R?
(I don't know whether this profile was included in the first printing.)

mal32
06-03-2014, 12:40 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

MARVEL BOY TP Second Printing (2014)
Captain Marvel (Noh-Var) 1 R?
(I don't know whether this profile was included in the first printing.)

Somebody knows if this profile is updated or only a reprint, please?
(Thanks for the news, Zuckyd1)

zuckyd1
06-04-2014, 10:48 AM

NOVA CLASSIC Vol. 3 tpb
Nova I 1 R-O
Champions of Xandar 1 R-O
Corruptor 1 R-O
Sphinx 1 R-O

A ROM Curator
06-04-2014, 09:48 PM

Interesting news on Nova Classic v3. If you have access to the book, could you please let me know if there's any other type of addition to the end of the stories, like some description of the Xandarian-Skrull War wrap-up in ROM Spaceknight #24? Probably editors assumed the Nova OHOTMU profile serves that purpose, but I'm wondering if there's more. Thanks for everything!

zuckyd1
06-06-2014, 04:19 PM

A ROM Curator wrote:

Interesting news on Nova Classic v3. If you have access to the book, could you please let me know if there's any other type of addition to the end of the stories, like some description of the Xandarian-Skrull War wrap-up in ROM Spaceknight #24? Probably editors assumed the Nova OHOTMU profile serves that purpose, but I'm wondering if there's more. Thanks for everything!

The contents of the book are Nova 20-25, Fantastic Four 204-206, 208-214. I don't remember if there was anything else in the back of the book besides the profiles. I'll try to look again next Wednesday if my LCS still has a copy.

zuckyd1
06-11-2014, 10:13 AM

AVENGERS: LEGACY OF THANOS tpb
Skrulls 2 R-D

A ROM Curator wrote:

There is a 1/2 page text recap of Rom #24 at the end of the book.

Stuart V
06-11-2014, 10:29 AM

You won't see Rom (and it is Rom, not ROM - just like it isn't CAPTAIN AMERICA when you write his name) in a reprint volume any time soon. He was included in the Essential handbook reprints, but presumably only because the handbook was considered a factual volume rather than a comic.

zuckyd1
06-11-2014, 11:36 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

There is a 1/2 page text recap of Rom #24 at the end of the book.

I forgot to mention, the book also includes the framing sequence from What If? #36. (Although, looking over the original, those pages do feature a few panels with Rom. I'll have to double-check this next week.)

A ROM Curator
06-12-2014, 07:32 AM

Special thanks zuckyd1 for rechecking into Nova Classic 3, vindicates my mailorder I put in for it on Tuesday (no LCS 'round here). It wouldn't surprise me if it also has the 2-panels flashback appearances of ROM from What If #36...despite the oft-repeated nugget of "ROM can't be shown or named" (you probably meant his series Stuart), he actually sneaks in both mug & moniker a couple times a year. 2013's collected editions with him inside include Marvel Firsts The 1980s vol. 1 TPB & New Warriors Omnibus vol. 1 HC; 2012's Avengers The Trial of Yellowjacket TPB, 2011's Secret Wars II TPB, etc., going backwards, 2000 was the first year I couldn't find one yet. As for the correct typing of his name, of course you're right. Some kind of affliction forces me to hold down the shift key and I guess there's no cure. ;-)

zuckyd1
06-18-2014, 08:48 AM

Yup, Rom is indeed in there—pictured and named.

A ROM Curator
06-20-2014, 10:04 PM

Yeah! I got my Nova Classic vol. 3 TPB today, and am really happy with its ROM & Handbook inclusions. :-) Thanks again & keep up the good work everybody.

zuckyd1
06-25-2014, 02:03 PM

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: SECRET ORIGINS tpb
Spider-Man 13 R
Lizard 2 R
Flash Thompson 2 R
Gwen Stacy 2 R
George Stacy 1 R
May Parker 3 R
Ben Parker 1 R
Richard and Mary Parker 1 R

johncage1000
07-03-2014, 01:50 AM

Hi there.

New member. Been lurking for a while but registered in case I had something worthwhile to add.

I've been looking forward to the Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude trade paperback since the Amazon listing mentioned handbook profiles (and I was hoping to have most of the random recent lot from the 100 page reprints collected), but I flipped through a copy at my local comic shop today and the profiles have been swapped out for a reprint of Guardians of the Galaxy #0.1. Figured if anyone else was keeping an eye out for this book they should have a heads up.

Have a good day.
John Cage

zuckyd1
07-16-2014, 04:42 PM

CHRONICLES OF CONAN VOL. 27: SANDS UPON THE EARTH AND OTHER STORIES tpb (Dark Horse) reprints the Official Handbook of the Conan Universe.

Andy E. Nystrom
-05-2014, 05:34 PM

Updated the list. I believe the indicia name for Conan's Handbook is Handbook of the Conan Universe so I left out the "Official" part

zuckyd1
08-08-2014, 01:59 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

[img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png[/img]
Updated the list. I believe the indicia name for Conan's Handbook is Handbook of the Conan Universe so I left out the "Official" part

You are correct.

zuckyd1
09-10-2014, 09:27 AM

New Warriors Vol 1.: The Kids Are All Fight tpb
High Evolutionary’s Journals 2 N? (categories of species—humans, mutants, etc. I didn't write down the whole list. Might belong on the master list as well.)

Captain America Epic Collection: Society Of Serpents tpb
Captain America 2 R-D
Captain America's Hotline 1/3 R-D
Captain America's Motorcycle 2/3 R-D
Serpent Society (headshots only) 1/2 R-D
Serpent Society Headquarters 1 R-D

zuckyd1
09-17-2014, 01:52 PM

X-MEN: THE ADVENTURES OF CYCLOPS AND PHOENIX tpb reprints the Books of Askani.

mal32
09-17-2014, 10:27 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

New Warriors Vol 1.: The Kids Are All Fight tpb

Thank you for all your news, but was it "...Are All Right"?
zuckyd1
09-18-2014, 08:07 AM

Nope, it's "All Fight". (Gotta love puns.) Amazon's and Barnes & Noble's listings have it wrong, even though they show a picture of the cover with the correct wording!
mal32
09-18-2014, 09:15 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

Nope, it's "All Fight". (Gotta love puns.) Amazon's and Barnes & Noble's listings have it wrong, even though they show a picture of the cover with the correct wording!

Wow... you are "fight"!!! (And Amazon.com corrected it, I saw)

Andy E. Nystrom
10-11-2014, 06:38 PM

You voted to lose it, so it's gone! Anything too much like a poster or pin-up or otherwise too far removed form Handbook/Files formats have been removed and moved over to the Poster etc thread. Just in case I've backed up the old version, but I'm hoping not to put anything back in as it's hours of work to keep moving things back and forth.

Tomorrow I'll tackle the newer additions.

Andy E. Nystrom
10-12-2014, 01:06 PM

I've added in the Cap and Askani into. In the case of the New Warriors trade, is new feature a handbook-like entry on the journals themselves, or more a set of Files type entries in journal format? If the latter I can't really add without knowing the specifics.

Sidney Osinga
10-12-2014, 03:49 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

I've added in the Cap and Askani into. In the case of the New Warriors trade, is new feature a handbook-like entry on the journals themselves, or more a set of Files type entries in journal format? If the latter I can't really add without knowing the specifics.

It's the latter

Andy E. Nystrom
10-12-2014, 04:18 PM

Sidney Osinga wrote:

It's the latter

Thx, I figured. I don't plan to get it so will hold off for the time being until I have more details.

zuckyd1
10-18-2014, 01:50 PM

"Morlocks (Ultimate) Ultimate Fantastic Four hc vol. 6 1, X-Men: Storm by Warren Ellis & Terry Dodson tpb 4 U"
The update in the Storm tpb is of the 616 Morlocks, not the Ultimate versions.

Not sure if you're tracking the headshot listings for the Morlocks entry, but if you are here are the changes from the HC Vol. 7 version.
Added: Carapace, Eva, Matchstick Girl, Poser
Omitted: Wynter

zuckyd1
11-01-2014, 03:35 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Thx, I figured. I don't plan to get it so will hold off for the time being until I have more details.

Here are the individual entries: Mutant, Super-human, Clone, Hybrid/Alien, Hybrid/Magically Enhanced Human, Homo mermanus/Atlantean, Inhuman, Human
It's probably a better fit for the poster thread.

zuckyd1
11-12-2014, 11:07 AM
DEADPOOL CLASSIC Vol 10 tpb
Outlaw (Inez Temple) 1 U?
Taskmaster 3 R?

zuckyd1
12-03-2014, 01:20 PM
CAPTAIN AMERICA: PEGGY CARTER, AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
Peggy Carter 2 R

zuckyd1
12-04-2014, 11:56 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY BY KIERON GILLEN COMPLETE COLLECTION Vol 1 tpb
Fear Lords 2 U

headshots: D'Spayre, Sweller-in-Darkness, Kkallakku, Nox, Nightmare, Lurking Unknown, Straw Man

EDIT: Never mind. I just realized that the profile is an update and that all the headshots are the same as in the original.

skippcomet
12-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Is the Sweller-in-Darkness related to the Dweller-in-Darkness?

zuckyd1
12-04-2014, 05:37 PM

skippcomet wrote:

Is the Sweller-in-Darkness related to the Dweller-in-Darkness?

Second cousin once removed.

mal32
12-14-2014, 05:09 AM

We have:
Champions Champions Classic 1 R
Is it possible to add that the profile from the Original series (Orig #13 1/3) ia reprinted in Champions Classic #2?
We should have:
Champions of Los Angeles Champions Classic 2 R

zuckyd1
12-24-2014, 11:38 AM
X-MEN: ROAD TO ONSLAUGHT Vol. 3 tpb reprints the Xavier Institute Alumni Yearbook.

zuckyd1
01-14-2015, 05:39 PM

DEATHLOK: THE SOULS OF CYBER-FOLK tpb: Deathlok III 2 R-Mas

Angelicknight
03-22-2015, 08:31 PM

Here is a question in

The Destroyer #8 1990
Emperor Harold The First - 1pg Deluxe Edition format
Chiun, Reigning Master of Sinanju - 1pg Deluxe Edition format
The Late Conrad MacCleary - 1pg Deluxe Edition format
Remo Williams - 1pg Deluxe Edition format

Alf #50 1992
Alf - 2pg Master Edition format

According to the Handbooks they are 616 should they be listed here?

Sidney Osinga
03-22-2015, 11:38 PM

Angelicknight wrote:

Here is a question in

The Destroyer #8 1990
Emperor Harold The First - 1pg Deluxe Edition format
Chiun, Reigning Master of Sinanju - 1pg Deluxe Edition format
The Late Conrad MacCleary - 1pg Deluxe Edition format
Remo Williams - 1pg Deluxe Edition format

Alf #50 1992
Alf - 2pg Master Edition format

According to the Handbooks they are 616 should they be listed here?

The entries from the Destroyer were written in-universe and as a parody of typical Handbook entries so I'm not sure if they count. I did not know about the Alf one and will have to search for it.

Angelicknight
03-23-2015, 01:34 PM

Sidney Osinga wrote:

The entries from the Destroyer were written in-universe and as a parody of typical Handbook entries so I'm not sure if they count. I did not know about the Alf one and will have to search for it.

Not even sure if the Destroyer entries would even qualify as 616 its a very vague reference in the Handbooks but Alf race is mentioned in the High Evolutionary profile in the handbooks and his meeting with the High Evolutionary is mentioned here in his profile

skippcomet
03-24-2015, 03:20 PM

Well....Rom got official handbook entries in the style of the handbooks being published at the time....I'd say it's up to each individual to decide if you want to include these in your own personal listing or not.

Btw...The Destroyer entries were 'parodies' of the Deluxe Handbook entries? How does one parody the Deluxe Handbook? Is this like the Who's Who entry for Argyle or whoever in one of the Ambush Bug minis?

Angelicknight
03-24-2015, 04:16 PM

skippcomet wrote:

Well....Rom got official handbook entries in the style of the handbooks being published at the time....I'd say it's up to each individual to decide if you want to include these in your own personal listing or not.

Btw...The Destroyer entries were 'parodies' of the Deluxe Handbook entries? How does one parody the Deluxe Handbook? Is this like the Who's Who entry for Argyle or whoever in one of the Ambush Bug minis?

Here is a sample entry. [image lost]

skippcomet
03-25-2015, 06:29 AM

I see what you mean. This reminds me of the looseleaf Who's Who DC released in the early 90's, in that some of the entries were done in a "humorous" style depending on whether or not it was viewed as coming from a specifically "humorous" title or concept.

Andy E. Nystrom
03-25-2015, 07:47 AM

I'll try to remember to update the list in a bit. With licensed characters though, regardless of the style of the entry, my inclination is to treat them as non-canonical unless there is evidence to support otherwise. For the past few years I've been reading the Destroyer novels in order and I can tell you that even separate, 616 versions of Remo Williams and Chiun is potentially a huge game changer (as portrayed in the novels, even Shang-Chi would be unlikely to survive a hand-to-hand fight with either of them unless they wanted him to live). If there is concrete evidence that these are specifically 616 versions, I'll add them in. Otherwise they're homages to the Deluxe Edition.

Angelicknight
03-25-2015, 08:01 AM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

I'll try to remember to update the list in a bit. With licensed characters though, regardless of the style of the entry, my inclination is to treat them as non-canonical unless there is evidence to support otherwise. For the past few years I've been reading the Destroyer novels in order and I can tell you that even separate, 616 versions of Remo Williams and Chiun is potentially a huge game changer (as portrayed in the novels, even Shang-Chi would be unlikely to survive a hand-to-hand fight with either of them unless they wanted him to live). If there is concrete evidence that these are specifically 616 versions, I'll add them in. Otherwise they're homages to the Deluxe Edition.

I would say no nothing definite on the Destroyer entries but the Alf one notes his meeting with the High Evolutionary and the High Evolutionary entry in the Handbooks notes his meeting with a member of the Melmacian race so its definite 616.

vanhornluke
03-25-2015, 09:49 AM
Wait, so you are you saying that the entire Alf series is 616?

Angelicknight
03-25-2015, 10:01 AM

vanhornluke wrote:

Wait, so you are you saying that the entire Alf series is 616?

Well if you go by the profile entry the same Alf that met the High Evolutionary is the one from the series. So i guess its either all are none depends on how you look at it i guess.

zuckyd1
03-25-2015, 11:33 AM

skippcomet wrote:

But Rom is unquestionably 616. And his entries weren't just in the style of the handbooks—they were IN the handbooks. Or am I not understanding what you're saying?

zuckyd1
03-25-2015, 11:45 AM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Not sure if you would consider this "concrete evidence", but the Mystic Arcana handbook refers readers to the Appendix site's unabridged list of magic items, among which is listed the Ghita with a first appearance of Destroyer #1: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/t..._knowledge.htm
(Special thanks to vanhornluke for originally pointing this out to me.)

zuckyd1
03-25-2015, 12:09 PM

Angelicknight wrote:

the Alf one notes his meeting with the High Evolutionary and the High Evolutionary entry in the Handbooks notes his meeting with a member of the Melmacian race so its definite 616

Angelicknight wrote:

Well if you go by the profile entry the same Alf that met the High Evolutionary is the one from the series. So i guess its either all are none depends on how you look at it i guess.

If you want to give yourself a little wiggle room, there's no definite indication that the High Evolutionary that Alf met is the one from 616 or an Earth-Alf counterpart. Likewise, while the Evolutionary War entry in the Blockbusters handbook confirms that the High Evolutionary "observed an extraterrestrial Melmacian stranded on Earth", it doesn't mention the Alf annual among the key issues nor does it specify who the Melmacian individual is. It's possible that similar events occurred in the Marvel universe, just not precisely in the way that they're depicted in the Alf story—similar to the disclaimers that are sometimes placed on certain Timely stories, Hostess ads, etc.

Angelicknight
03-25-2015, 12:30 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

If you want to give yourself a little wiggle room, there's no definite indication that the High Evolutionary that Alf met is the one from 616 or an Earth-Alf counterpart. Likewise, while the Evolutionary War entry in the Blockbusters handbook confirms that the High Evolutionary "observed an extraterrestrial Melmacian stranded on Earth", it doesn't mention the Alf annual among the key issues nor does it specify who the Melmacian individual is. It's possible that similar events occurred in the Marvel universe, just not precisely in the way that they're depicted in the Alf story—similar to the disclaimers that are sometimes placed on certain Timely stories, Hostess ads, etc.

Normally thats the way i look at it to but High Evolutionary's online handbook bibliography http://marvel.com/universe/OHOTMU:Bibliography-AZ5 specifically mentions the Alf Annual as does the Alf Handbook profile but even then i guess there could be wiggle room.

zuckyd1
03-25-2015, 03:34 PM
In that case ignore my first two sentences. The online bibliography also mentions some Hostess stories, so the part about disclaimers still stands.

rplass
04-22-2015, 08:14 PM
AVENGERS MAGAZINE
Ultron 1/2
Taskmaster 1/2
Loki 1/2
Thanos 1/2
Kang the Conquerer 1/2
Baron Zemo and the Masters 1/2
Norman Osborn 1/2
The Avengers! 1/2
Kree/Skrulls 1/2
Grim Reaper 1/2
+a roll call section of 130 Avengers and Infiltrators. That section is just thumbnails and 1st app, and when they joined or impersonated the Avengers.

zuckyd1
04-23-2015, 08:51 AM

rplss wrote:

AVENGERS MAGAZINE

I already posted this in the pin-ups/posters thread. I think it goes better there since these aren't really official handbook entries.

rplass
04-24-2015, 04:10 AM
OK then please delete my post to avoid duplication.

DeadpoolRP
04-25-2015, 06:29 AM
zuckyd1: I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure that I agree. I mean, that Avengers roll call is pretty much exactly what would be listed for any team entry from the OHOTMU hardcovers on, and the format is pretty much identical. It's an updated version of what was in the back of the We Are Avengers trade, and wasn't that listed as a handbook sighting? Maybe I'm wrong.

Also, an updated roster like this is exactly what we need for the X-Men right now! We've had two for the Avengers in recent months, so I'm hoping an X-Men list won't be too far behind . . .

Stuart V
04-25-2015, 07:16 AM

rplss wrote:

AVENGERS MAGAZINE
Ultron 1/2
Taskmaster 1/2
Loki 1/2
Thanos 1/2
Kang the Conquerer 1/2
Baron Zemo and the Masters 1/2
Norman Osborn 1/2
The Avengers! 1/2
Kree/Skrulls 1/2
Grim Reaper 1/2
+a roll call section of 130 Avengers and Infiltrators. That section is just thumbnails and 1st app, and when they joined or impersonated the Avengers.

Is the roll call six pages, dubbed the Ultimate Avengers Roll Call, and has a montage first page? If so, then for what it is worth, the handbook team had some input on this.

rplass
04-25-2015, 09:44 AM

Stuart V wrote:

Is the roll call six pages, dubbed the Ultimate Avengers Roll Call, and has a montage first page? If so, then for what it is worth, the handbook team had some input on this.

Yes, that's right! It's just as you described it.

zuckyd1
04-25-2015, 01:54 PM
Yeah it sounds like the Roll Call should go inthe Sightings/Master List threads. I still think the other profiles in the magazine don't quite meet the standard.

zuckyd1
06-17-2015, 09:16 AM
ANT-MAN: SCOTT LANG tpb: Ant-Man (Lang) 1 R-O

zuckyd1
07-01-2015, 09:34 AM
RUNAWAYS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION Vol 4 tpb reprints 21 profiles.

zuckyd1
07-08-2015, 01:01 PM
RUNAWAYS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION Vol 4 tpb reprints 21 profiles.
Karolina Dean 1
Molly Hayes 1
Loners 1
Majesdanians 1
Victor Mancha 1
Nico Minoru 1
The Pride 1
Runaways 2
Chase Stein 1
Alex Wilder 1
Wonders 2
Xavin 1
Gertrude Yorkes 1
Cloak Imposter 1/2
Gibborim 1/2
Leapfrog 1/2
Klara Prast 1/2
Old lace 1/2
Provost 1/2
Pusher Man 1/2
Topher 1/2

Andy E. Nystrom
07-10-2015, 06:08 AM
Brought this up to date. I'll put the First Fight material in the posters thread. Based on the evidence on whether a licensedcharacter is somewhere in the Marvel Multiverse, I included Alf but not Destroyer characters.

A ROM Curator
08-14-2015, 09:44 PM

MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS: BEHIND THE SCENES hardcover [currently only available inside MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARSBATTLEWORLD BOX SET]
Beyonder 3 U text (compared to Thanos Redemption TPB: not new text, only shifted chronological position of his encounter with the Illuminati)
Arachne 2 R (Julia Carpenter; I noticed no difference comparing to AZsc #1, except that its appendix update is not in this hardcover)
Molecule Man 2 R (I noticed no difference comparing to Hardc #7)
Symbiotes 3 R (I noticed no difference comparing to Hardc #11)
Titania 2 R (I noticed no difference comparing to Wom7D)
Battleworld 1 R (I noticed no difference comparing to AZsc #1)
Volcana 2 R-D
Beyonders 1 R-8

This hardcover prints those profile entries in that order, then a following 4 pages reprint more portraits (just labeled & credited "standee" art) from previous editions of their entries:
page 1 - Deluxe Edition: Beyonder, Spider-Woman, Titania (each character 1/3, profile art only);
page 2 - Molecule Man's Original Edition, Deluxe Edition & Masters Edition (each 1/3);
page 3 & 4 - Masters Edition: Beyonder, Spider-Woman II, Titania, & Volcana (each 1/2).

Another point of interest: I think this is the first time that alongside the standard "Art by" people, the modern entries' credits at the bottom of each include "Text by" and the entry's writer(s). For example, under Battleworld it says "Art by Mike Zeck; text by Mark O'English with Stuart Vandal." Considering this, would all of these profiles be considered U(pdates)?
Either way it is a nice upgrade.

By the way, I bought the Battleworld Box for my ROM Spaceknight collection. Four of the HCs have ROM bits and the Behind The Scenes is the best of the bunch.

---A ROM Curator, Gary Martin, Jr.

RVcousin
09-02-2015, 01:52 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Defenders Vol. 2 tpb Council of Antiquarians 1 N
Fear Itself: The Fearless hc/tpb D.O.A. (Department of Occult Armaments) 2 N
Journey into Mystery by Kieron Gillan Complete Collection Vol 1 tpb *Fear Lords 2 U

Hey guys,
I'm a little bit confused between the various trades and volumes of the above 3 TPBs. I have found various books with similar names. Can someone send me a link with the corresponding issues ? Thanks in advance,

A ROM Curator
09-05-2015, 06:42 AM

@RVcousin, I couldn't figure out the DEFENDERS TPB either, but I do have the Fearless HC so I know it is this: 
FEAR ITSELF: THE FEARLESS HC = http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=250661 and the TPB has the same cover. As for your 3rd one, I think it must be this:
JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY BY KIERON GILLEN: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION
VOL. 1 TPB = http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=298550

@Andy et al, newly found:

STAR-LORD: GUARDIAN OF THE GALAXY TPB (Jul2014)
Star-Lord 4 R (identical to "Star-Lord The Hollow Crown"(SLordHC))

ANNIHILATION CONQUEST OMNIBUS HC (Jun2015) has 8 Handbook entries. Except for the last one, I don't have the immediately previous printing of their entries, so in order to determine if they are R or U, someone with those 3 other books (listed below after these new entries) would need to look in them and compare the last few words of each to what I've typed here for what appears in this Omnibus:

Captain Universe 3 _ *** last few words of History:"re-acclimating to life."
Deathcry 2 _ @@@ last few words of History: "Chaos King's defeat."
Groot 2 _ @@@ last few words of History: "causing it to self-destruct."
Halfworld 2 _ ### last few words of History: "wanted it or not.", last sentence words of Note: "Uncle Pyko's status is as yet unrevealed."
Mantis 3 _ @@@ last few words of History: "sensed by Quill and Mantis."
Phalanx 2 _ @@@ last few words of History: "allowed the X-Men to destroy itself."
Rocket Raccoon 3 _ ### last few words of History: "banning
offworlders from Earth.", last few words of Note: "space/time, remains unrevealed."
Star-Lord 4 R (the only difference to the above Star-Lord TPB (and SLordHC) is artwork positions changed)

*** CapUn = CAPTAIN UNIVERSE: THE HERO WHO COULD BE YOU TPB
@@@ SLordAC = STAR-LORD: ANNIHILATION CONQUEST #1
### RRac½ = ROCKET RACCOON: TALES FROM HALF-WORLD #1

If anything else needs compared to determine R or U status, let me know, I may be able to help further. :-) ---A ROM Curator,
Gary Martin, Jr.

zuckyd1
09-06-2015, 07:54 PM

Rom Curator is correct about the Journey into Mystery book. Here is the Defenders book:
http://comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=268048

All of the profiles from the Omnibus end in the same words as in their previous printings.

A ROM Curator
09-07-2015, 03:05 PM

@zuckyd1, my hero. :-) None of the artwork in the Omnibus profiles strikes me as being newly created since the previous printings, so your verifying the ending words goes a long way, if not all the way, to confirming all the above 7 underlines can be replaced with R for Reprints.

zuckyd1
0-08-2015, 12:25 PM

DOCTOR STRANGE: DON'T PAY THE FERRYMAN tpb
Doctor Strange 3 R-D
Doctor Strange's sanctum Sanctorum 1 R-D

The MARVEL SUPER HERO CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS one-shot (2015) reprints all the profiles from the original three issues.

zuckyd1
10-14-2015, 03:23 PM

DAMAGE CONTROL COMPLETE COLLECTION tpb reprints most if not all of the profiles from the original issues.

zuckyd1
12-31-2015, 01:18 PM

X-Men: The Age of Apocalypse Vol. 3: Omega tpb reprints Age of Apocalypse: The Chosen.

skippcomet
12-31-2015, 01:57 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

X-Men: The Age of Apocalypse Vol. 3: Omega tpb reprints Age of Apocalypse: The Chosen.

What entry is that?

zuckyd1
12-31-2015, 02:47 PM

skippcomet wrote:

What entry is that?

It reprints all the entries.

Sidney Osinga
01-01-2016, 12:04 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

It reprints all the entries.

I think skippcomet means what Handbook entries, to which the correct answer is "none" as AoA: the Chosen is a files book, not a Handbook.

skippcomet
01-01-2016, 04:50 AM

Sidney Osinga wrote:

I think skippcomet means what Handbook entries, to which the correct answer is "none" as AoA: the Chosen is a files book, not a Handbook.

Pretty much this, yes.

Last edited by Andy E. Nystrom (1/08/2020 4:07 pm)

1/08/2020 4:09 pm  #5

Historical posts from Capes (Optional):
MISSING. If recovered will add here and if need be to the next post.

1/08/2020 4:28 pm  #6

Historical text from Facebook:

Andy Nystrom
May 30, 2018 6:41 am
SIGHTINGS: I won't add until it's confirmed, but Marvel Universe by Frank Miller Omnibus (Dec 13 release) is slated to have Miller profiles from OHOTMU v1 #2-6, 8, 10
Reply 1:
David A. Zuckerman
Based on past publications it's possible this may only reprint Miller's artwork and not the actual profiles.

David A. Zuckerman
May 31, 2018 11:41 am
SPIDER-GWEN #31
Gwen Stacy (Earth-617) 1
SPIDER-GWEN #32
Spider-Girl (Earth-8) and Spider-Max (Earth-8) 1
WEAPON H #1 Cover B Variant John Tyler Christopher Trading Card Cover
Weapon H 1
DAREDEVIL #600 Cover B Variant John Tyler Christopher Trading Card Cover
Daredevil 1
ANNIHILATION: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 2 reprints Annihilation: The Nova Corps Files
CABLE: THE LAST HOPE VOL. 1 reprints X-Men: Future History — The Messiah War Sourcebook

David A. Zuckerman
June 24, 2018
SPIDER-GWEN #33
Bodega Bandit 1 N

CHAMPIONS CLASSIC: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION tpb
Champions of Los Angeles 1/3 (enlarged to 1) R-O

DAKOTA NORTH: DESIGN FOR DYING tpb
Dakota North 1 R-89

David A. Zuckerman
August 8, 2018
WOLFPACK: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION
Wolfpack 1 R 89

Andy Nystrom
September 22, 2018 2:58 pm

The Sightings thread is up on the blog now! No HTML, just the data. https://whowatchesthewatchersohotmu.blogspot.com/2018/09/ohotmu-sightings-outside-handbooks.html

David A. Zuckerman
October 5, 2018 6:29 pm
WHAT IF? X-MEN #1 (2018)
Jubilee 1 N
Rogue 1 N
(these are the versions from the story’s reality)

AVENGERS WEST COAST EPIC COLLECTION: HOW THE WEST WAS WON
Hawkeye 3 R-D
Hawkeye’s Sky-Cycle 1 R-D
Mockingbird 2 R-D
Reply 1.
Rob Horne
What format are the What If? X-Men #1 entries in? The pre-ANAD Marvel Handbook format, the ANAD format, or something else?
Reply a.
David A. Zuckerman
Hmmm... the layout is similar to the pre-ANAD books, but it's almost entirely a history section with fairly large type and then a small stats and powers section at the bottom. Maybe the closest comparison is the Spider-Gwen profiles.
Reply b.
David A. Zuckerman
BTW I'm looking at the ANAD handbook for the first time in a while, and I gotta admit... it sure is purty lol

David A. Zuckerman
November 29, 2018 2:09 pm
"White Tiger tpb White Tiger R"

The text is the same as in the 2005 Marvel Knights handbook, but the images are new. Not sure if that qualifies as an "update".
Reply 1.
RV Cousin
For me, it's an update.

David A. Zuckerman
December 8, 2018 5:36 pm
MARVEL KNIGHTS MARVEL BOY BY MORRISON & JONES
Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr) 1 R

David A. Zuckerman
December 14, 2018 3:46 pm
PUNISHER EPIC COLLECTION: CIRCLE OF BLOOD
Punisher 2 R-D

David A. Zuckerman
December 19, 2018 3:24 pm
X-FORCE/CABLE: MESSIAH WAR hc & tpb reprints X-Men: Future History — The Messiah War Sourcebook.

David A. Zuckerman
December 27, 2018 12:20 pm
NEW X-MEN:ACADEMY X — THE COMPLETE COLLECTION reprints New X-Men: Academy X Yearbook
Reply 1
David A. Zuckerman
The solicitation for MARVEL UNIVERSE BY FRANK MILLER OMNIBUS says it includes material from Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (1983) #2-6, #8 and #10, but that may just be Miller's illustrations, not the full profiles.

David A. Zuckerman
February 20, 2019 3:57 pm
BLACK PANTHER EPIC COLLECTION: REVENGE OF THE BLACK PANTHER
Black Panther 1 R-O
Wakanda 1 R-O
Klaw 1 R-O
Klaw’s Blaster 1/2 R-O
Vibranium 1/2 R-D
Kiber the Cruel 2 R-D

David A. Zuckerman
March 11, 2019 6:23 pm
CAPTAIN MARVEL: MONICA RAMBEAU tpb
Monica Rambeau 8 N
Reply 1.
Robbert Graner
Do you mean it's a total new profile of Monica in that trade? That would be nice, since I alreayd considered buying that tpb.
Reply a.
David A. Zuckerman
It's substantially rewritten and updated.

David A. Zuckerman
March 29, 2019 12:24 pm
updated:
WHAT IF? X-MEN #1 (2018)
Jubilee (Earth-83124) 1 N
Rogue (Earth-83124) 1 N

WHAT IF? WITH GREAT POWER
Jubilee (Earth-83124) 1 R
Rogue (Earth-83124) 1 R

David A. Zuckerman
April 21, 2019 2:57 pm

ICEMAN VOL. 3: AMAZING FRIENDS
Darkveil 1 R
S.H.I.E.L.D. BY HICKMAN & WEAVER: THE HUMAN MACHINE
Leonardo da Vinci 1 R
Isaac Newton 1 R
Nostradamus 1 R
Zhang Heng 1 R
Nathaniel Richards & Howard Stark 1 R
Nikola Tesla 1 R

David A. Zuckerman
May 17, 2019 10:05 am
CAPTAIN MARVEL: STARFORCE
Captain Marvel 4 R
Doctor Minerva 1 R
Korath the Pursuer 1 R
Kree 5 R
Magnitron 1 R
Ronan the Accuser 3 R
Starforce 1 R

David A. Zuckerman
May 24, 2019 9:57 am
WAR OF THE REALMS: NEW AGENTS OF ATLAS #2
Luna Snow 1 N
Reply 1.
Rob Horne
This is an actual handbook style entry?
Reply a.
David A. Zuckerman
Pretty much. Origin paragraph and basic stats. No abilities section or power grid.
Reply b.
David A. Zuckerman
[img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg[/img]
Reply c.
Rob Horne
They made handbook entries for the PHC series out of less.
Reply d.
David A. Zuckerman
PHC?
Reply e.
Premiere Hardcover, Volumes 1-14 https://www.amazon.com/Official-Handbook-Marvel-Universe-Vol/dp/0785131000/ref=sr_1_4

David A. Zuckerman
May 29, 2019 3:21 pm
SPIDER-MAN VS. MYSTERIO
Mysterio (Beck) 2 R
Mysterio (Berkhart) 2 R
Mysterio (Klum) 1 R

David A. Zuckerman
June 13, 2019 4:24 pm
WAR OF THE REALMS: NEW AGENTS OF ATLAS #3
Crescent and Io 1 N

David A. Zuckerman
June 26, 2019 1:13 pm
STARJAMMERS tpb
Starjammers 3 R

WAR OF THE REALMS: NEW AGENTS OF ATLAS #4
White Fox 1 N

David A. Zuckerman
July 3, 2019 1:51 pm
X-MEN: EVE OF DESTRUCTION reprints X-Men: Declassified.

David A. Zuckerman
September 6, 2019 1:51 pm
WAR OF THE REALMS: NEW AGENTS OF ATLAS tpb
Luna Snow 1 R
Crescent and Io 1 R
White Fox 1 R

David A. Zuckerman
October 31, 2019 1:00 pm
X-MEN: STARJAMMERS BY DAVE COCKRUM
Starjammers 1 R-O

X-MEN MILESTONES: X-CUTIONER’S SONG
Stryfe's Strike File R

MARVEL MASTERWORKS DOCTOR STRANGE VOLUME 9
contains material from the 1983 Handbook, but that may just be artwork

David A. Zuckerman
December 7, 2019 12:04 pm
M.O.D.O.K.: HEAD TRIPS
MODOK 1 R-O

X-MEN: FALLEN ANGELS
Fallen Angels 1 R-89
Ariel 1 R-89
Chance II 1 R-89
Boom Boom 2 R-89
Moon Boy 2 R-89
Gomi 1 R-89

David A. Zuckerman
December 13, 2019 11:59 am

TIGRA: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION
Tigra 1 R-O

X-FORCE EPIC COLLECTION: X-CUTIONER’S SONG
reprints Stryfe’s Strike File

Last edited by Andy E. Nystrom (2/14/2020 4:41 pm)

1/08/2020 5:06 pm  #7

Facebook material is on my To Do List. Anything that was still on my To Do List on the old site is now on my To Don't List due to the crash, but will add if reposted here.

Last edited by Andy E. Nystrom (1/08/2020 5:07 pm)

1/17/2020 3:17 pm  #8

NOT BRAND ECHH: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION
Forbush Man 1 R

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

SEPARATE ENTRIES BY TITLE: 2017 TRADING CARD VARIANT COVERS
All 1 N (2 if you count the outside front cover as the entry image; the inside front covers have the stats)

The stats are actually on the outside back cover.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Not Branch Ecch #14 Forbush Man

“Echh” is mispelled.

1/24/2020 1:25 am  #9

Forbush Man got a Handbook entry?

1/24/2020 4:04 am  #10

skippcomet wrote:

In a manner of speaking. There was that one month in 2017 where older titles were revived. The same month Marvel was doing "trading card" front cover variants with stats that could easily be converted into profiles, including key issues not that far removed from the older bibliogrpahies. So when Not Branch Echh got an issue #14, the variant front cover had a Forbush Man profile. https://freshcomics.us/issue/SEP170888/not-brand-echh-14-christopher-trading-card-cover

2/14/2020 5:12 pm  #11

Added in the material from Facebook to the top threads. Don't have the final posts from Capes (Optional) unfortunately.

3/13/2020 8:29 am  #12

BLACK WIDOW: MARVEL TEAM-UP
Black Widow 1 R-O
Black Widow’s Sting/Line 2/3 R-O

3/22/2020 5:47 pm  #13

Folded in the Back Widow material.

4/07/2020 2:51 pm  #14

TASKMASTER: THE RIGHT PRICE
reprints the profiles from Taskmaster #1

4/23/2020 10:41 am  #15

skippcomet wrote:

He also get one in Marvel Age #45 (dec-1986).

4/28/2020 11:30 am  #16

RVcousin wrote:

skippcomet wrote:

He also get one in Marvel Age #45 (dec-1986).

Found it online. A bit tongue in cheek but close enough to proper format. Looks like it's already in the list.

Last edited by Andy E. Nystrom (4/28/2020 11:37 am)

4/28/2020 11:41 am  #17

zuckyd1 wrote:

TASKMASTER: THE RIGHT PRICE
reprints the profiles from Taskmaster #1

Thx. Since there are quite a few profiles in that issue, I placed it in the collections section.

6/29/2020 11:16 am  #18

MEPHISTO: SPEAK OF THE DEVIL
Mephisto 2 R-D

7/02/2020 7:42 am  #19

X-MEN MILESTONES: MESSIAH WAR reprints X-Men: Future History - The Messiah War Sourcebook

8/02/2020 8:17 am  #20

Rocket Raccoon: Tales from the Half-World Rocket Raccoon 3 U, Half-World 2 N
Half-World Rocket Raccoon: Tales from the Half-World 2 N, Annihilation: Conquest Omnibus hc 3 R
Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon: Tales from the Half-World 3 U, Annihilation: Conquest Omnibus hc 3 R

should be "Tales from Half-World"

8/02/2020 9:16 am  #21

Silver Sable and the Wild Pack #26 Silver Sable

should be #36

Silver Sable (Ultimate) Ultimate Fantastic Four hc vol. 6 1, Silver Sable and the Wild Pack #36 1 N vcov

#36 is the 616 Silver Sable

9/03/2020 2:29 pm  #22

The Marvel Universe by John Byrne HC vol. 2 got a reprint of the OHOTMU profile Kenneth Connell (1 page).

9/18/2020 2:16 pm  #23

Marvel Masterworks Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 22: all R-O
Spider-Man, Basilisk, Beetle, Belladonna, Black Cat, Cloak, Dagger, Doctor Octopus, Electro, Green Goblin, Fly, Jackal, Kingpin, Kraven the Hunter, Lightmaster, Lizard, Madame Web, Maggia, Manhattan, Man-Wolf, Morbius, Mysterio, Punisher, Rhino, Sandman, Scorpion, Silvermane, Speed Demon, Spider-Woman, Vulture, White Tiger, Will o’ the Wisp

10/09/2020 7:59 am  #24

Not sure if this really qualifies as a sighting outside a handbook, but THE OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE CONAN UNIVERSE ANNIVERSARY EDITION #1 reprints The Handbook of the Conan Universe #1 along with art and the revised Hyborian Age map from the 1993 reprint edition.

10/09/2020 9:10 am  #25

BLACK WIDOW EPIC COLLECTION: THE COLDEST WAR
Black Widow 2 R-D

EMPYRE: ROAD TO EMPYRE reprints Empyre Handbook #1

10/12/2020 4:29 am  #26

zuckyd1 wrote:

Not sure if this really qualifies as a sighting outside a handbook, but THE OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE CONAN UNIVERSE ANNIVERSARY EDITION #1 reprints The Handbook of the Conan Universe #1 along with art and the revised Hyborian Age map from the 1993 reprint edition.

Just out of curiosity, now that Marvel currently has the license to do comics based on Conan again, and wasted no time integrating him into the current Marvel Universe, is it theoretically possible to do a brand-new, 21st-century, OHOTMU entry on Conan or any his related characters (Kulan Gath, Thulsa Doom, his son Conn from the 80's), or does his status as a licensed character prevent this?

(Note:  I'm not actually asking for or demanding this, just wondering if it's a possibility.)

10/12/2020 5:03 am  #27

skippcomet wrote:

zuckyd1 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, now that Marvel currently has the license to do comics based on Conan again, and wasted no time integrating him into the current Marvel Universe, is it theoretically possible to do a brand-new, 21st-century, OHOTMU entry on Conan or any his related characters (Kulan Gath, Thulsa Doom, his son Conn from the 80's), or does his status as a licensed character prevent this?

(Note:  I'm not actually asking for or demanding this, just wondering if it's a possibility.)

Not 100% sure, but I would presume that since Marvel is able to reprint the older Conan stories, they would also have the permission to publish handbook entries for the characters, except where the license has been separated from the Conan one (e.g. Red Sonja, maybe some others tied to her).

11/27/2020 2:46 pm  #28

CAPTAIN AMERICA: SHARON CARTER
Sharon Carter 2 R-Wom7D

12/16/2020 3:16 pm  #29

U.S.AGENT: THE GOOD FIGHT
USAgent 3 R-Hardc

12/25/2020 1:25 pm  #30

Updated the main posts.

Board footera