Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/04/2020 9:12 pm  #1

Amazing Spider-Man: Official Index to the Marvel Universe GN-TPB

Historical text from Comixfan:

Eric J. Moreels

Apr 24, 2010, 09:07 pm

Coming from Marvel in July...

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: OFFICIAL INDEX TO THE MARVEL UNIVERSE GN-TPB
Written by VARIOUS

Get the complete history of Spider-Man from his earliest appearances all the way up to the present day. This book comes packed with synopses of every Spider-Man comic—including back up strips—introducing you to the characters, teams, places and equipment that appeared within, providing vital information about all things Spider-Man!

Collecting material from OFFICIAL INDEX TO THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #1-13.
304 PGS./Rated A …$19.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-4588-2

Roger Ott

Apr 25, 2010, 12:36 am

I love the Iron Man one, so I'll definitely be putting this on my shopping list. I anticipate there will be an X-Men Index TPB forthcoming...

golden_guardian

Jul 15, 2010, 10:20 pm

Just got this today and noticed a few errors.
There seems to be a huge chunk of Spider-Man chronology missing after ASM #389.
In issue #340, Spider-Man's chronology repeats the same chrono from issue #339.
Missing issues from Spider-Man's chrono: X-Men/Spider-Man #2, Spider-Man/Human Torch #3-4, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Annual #1, New Avengers Annual #1, Spider-Man: With Great Power... mini.

Otherwise, love the book!

Sidney Osinga

Jul 16, 2010, 12:31 am

It's out? Frak! I didn't get it. Could anyone tell me if a certain oversight from the Iron Man one was corrected? (that is, my name)

Andy E. Nystrom

Jul 16, 2010, 09:49 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

It's out? Frak! I didn't get it. Could anyone tell me if a certain oversight from the Iron Man one was corrected? (that is, my name)

Yes and no. The Comixfan message board was thanked but no one individual unless they filled other roles.

golden_guardian

Jul 16, 2010, 11:28 pm

Found some more missing issues for Spider-Man's chrono:
Underworld #2
Spider-Man Family #1, 2, 5, 5/2, 6/2, 8, 9/2
Amazing Spider-Man Family #1
Also I'm curious about something: chrono for Iron Man 2020 mentions the X-Men/Spider-Man: Time's Arrow novel yet it isn't included in Spidey's chrono.
For that matter neither is X-Men: The Chaos Engine for any of the X-Men. Since these are considered Earth-616 continuity, shouldn't they be included in the chronos?

Roger Ott

Aug 3, 2010, 09:19 am

Got my copy yesterday with my mail order from last month. I do so love these compiled volumes. I imagine the X-Men one will be coming soon, yes?

Kudos to all who slaved over the chronologies on these! My word, but they're exhausting. Just reading the chronology of Norman Osborn/Green Goblin from AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #40 is enough to make your eye twitch.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

1/13/2022 1:12 pm  #2

Re: Amazing Spider-Man: Official Index to the Marvel Universe GN-TPB

Billy Batson is listed as appearing in ASM 336. As pointed out by go2shaw over at the Complete Marvel Reading Order forum, he also shows up in ASM 332 (page 4) and ASM 338 (page 7). Were those cameos simply overlooked by the Index writers?

4/05/2022 10:43 am  #3

Re: Amazing Spider-Man: Official Index to the Marvel Universe GN-TPB

zuckyd1 wrote:

Billy Batson is listed as appearing in ASM 336. As pointed out by go2shaw over at the Complete Marvel Reading Order forum, he also shows up in ASM 332 (page 4) and ASM 338 (page 7). Were those cameos simply overlooked by the Index writers?

Probably.

(Sorry for slow response - only just spotted this post).

Board footera