Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2021 6:14 am  #31

Re: Handbook Announcement - King in Black Handbook

One new question: Is it Ann Weying or Anne Weying? The Handbook uses Anne, but both the Marvel Encyclopedia volume on Spider-Man and the solicitations for the Handbook say Ann.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

3/05/2021 12:11 pm  #32

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

One question: Were there plans at any point for a profile on the Symbiote race itself? Just curious, though obviously the Klyntar entry covers a lot that might have gone into that. So far I'm up to Klyntar and I'm enjoying it as always. One minor nitpick: the category font keeps switching between two types. Not that big a deal since it doesn't affect the accuracy; just something that jumped out at me.

Reply from our head writer, Mike:
There were no plans for a Klyntar race profile for the King In Black handbook. 

3/05/2021 12:13 pm  #33

frogoat wrote:

I'm surprised the theory about the second Carnage symbiote found in the Negative Zone wasn't embraced in Carnage's profile. I thought for sure that would be inserted into canon officially since it's unlikely ever to be referenced again anywhere else. 

Great work as always, everyone! I sincerely hope we get news about a new Handbook very soon!

Reply from the team:
The Carnage profile states that Carnage took his second symbiote in the Negative Zone.

3/05/2021 12:35 pm  #34

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

One new question: Is it Ann Weying or Anne Weying? The Handbook uses Anne, but both the Marvel Encyclopedia volume on Spider-Man and the solicitations for the Handbook say Ann.

We checked with editorial, and they decided it was Anne. Ann had been the original spelling and was more common in the comics for a long time, hence why it was Ann back in the Marvel Encyclopedia. 

3/05/2021 12:48 pm  #35

Loki wrote:

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

We checked with editorial, and they decided it was Anne. Ann had been the original spelling and was more common in the comics for a long time, hence why it was Ann back in the Marvel Encyclopedia. 

The spelling needs to be changed on her Appendix profile.

3/05/2021 1:30 pm  #36

Loki wrote:

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Thank you. I'll adjust the Master List note accordingly. That being the case, and I might be splitting hairs here a bit, but could that make Ann Weying an alias even though the pronunciation is the same?

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

3/05/2021 1:41 pm  #37

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Loki wrote:

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Thank you. I'll adjust the Master List note accordingly. That being the case, and I might be splitting hairs here a bit, but could that make Ann Weying an alias even though the pronunciation is the same?

I believe they just want to consider it a wrong spelling.

3/16/2021 5:23 am  #38

Loki wrote:

frogoat wrote:

I'm surprised the theory about the second Carnage symbiote found in the Negative Zone wasn't embraced in Carnage's profile. I thought for sure that would be inserted into canon officially since it's unlikely ever to be referenced again anywhere else. 

Great work as always, everyone! I sincerely hope we get news about a new Handbook very soon!

Reply from the team:
The Carnage profile states that Carnage took his second symbiote in the Negative Zone.

I was referring to the suggestion that remnants of the original symbiote merged or assimilated the Negative Zone symbiote which helps explain why later stories ignore this change. From Cullen Bunn's tumblr: https://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/172860445209/ive-noticed-a-lot-of-writers-seem-to-treat-the

I remain

Board footera