Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2020 6:10 pm  #1

The Imaginary Before-the-Movie-Comes-Out Ant-Man Handbook Thread

Historical text from CxPulp:

skippcomet
06-08-2015, 02:41 PM

Well, the title speaks for itself....

A-Chiltarians (alien race)
Age of Ultron (event)
Anesthesia
Ant-Man (Lang, fully updated entry)
Ant-Man (O'Grady, FUE)
Ant-Man Security Solutions
Big Man (MC2)
Peggy Rae Burdick
Mitch Carson
Darren Cross
Cross Technological Enterprises
Descendants
Dimitrios
Finesse
Goliath (Bill Foster, FUE)
Goliath (Tom Foster)
Grottu
Charles Harrington
Jocasta (FUE)
Veronica King
Kingsize
Cassie Lang (FUE)
William Nelson
Criti Noll
Odd John
Pearla
Pilai
Hank Pym (FUE)
Pym Particles
Red Queen (MC2)
Arlo Samuelson
Second-Story Sammy
Stinger (MC2)
Claire Temple
Maria Trovaya
Ultron (FUE)
Veil (Berry)
Visioneer
Wasp (van Dyne, FUE)
Whiz Kids (Bill Foster characters)
Yellowjacket (DeMara, FUE)
Yetrigar

What do you think, sirs?

vanhornluke
06-08-2015, 05:18 PM

Nice. I would add Albert Poole and Grutan. :-)

Angelicknight
06-08-2015, 05:59 PM

Nicely done! Only add i would make is Black Ant (Eric O'Grady LMD).

skippcomet
06-09-2015, 05:11 AM

Would you believe Albert Poole AND Black Ant were on the initial list?

Andy E. Nystrom
06-10-2015, 10:07 PM

Avengers Forever (since Pym was *two* of the main players)
Ant-Man's Ants (FUE)
Mitch Carson
Disassembled
Jessica Jones (FUE)
Nash (at least one ant needs to get a solo 1/2-pager)
Pym-Van Dyne Wedding

zuckyd1
06-11-2015, 06:19 AM

Didn't Avengers Forever already get an entry in the Blockbusters handbook as "Destiny War"?

Andy E. Nystrom
06-11-2015, 10:13 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

Didn't Avengers Forever already get an entry in the Blockbusters handbook as "Destiny War"?

Okay, that might be why I couldn't find it. I thought I had seen it elsewhere but my Handbooks are a bit disorganized at the moment.

Angelicknight
06-11-2015, 11:53 AM

oops wrong thread

skippcomet
06-11-2015, 01:28 PM

I already included Mitch Carson.

A new, FUE on Ant-Man't Ants didn't occur to me, but that's a good suggestion. I left out known Pym Particle users like Atlas/Erik Jostern and Doctor Nemesis/James Bradley because, well, AFAIK almost nothing has been done with them since they last received entries. (Poor Erik. He's always being sent off to comics limbo.)

Daddy Longlegs was in the initial cut, but since he's more of a Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew character and also because of leaving out Atlas/Josten, I left him out. (Besides, I'm pretty sure I included him in the Imaginary Spider-Women handbook thread, and depending on how well Drew's new series does, maybe someday we can do a Drew-specific IH for her.)

I briefly thought about including Ignatz, the listed-as-an-Inhuman steed of Lang's, but didn't look him up to see if there's any real history to him. (Also, the idea of an Inhuman being shrunk/transformed so radically by Terrigenesis into a form so small you can be legitimately be considered one of Ant-Man's steeds kinda freaks me out.)

I didn't really consider an FUE for Jessica Jones despite her romantic history with Lang since she's now married to Cage (or has anybody tried to end that marriage? Lord knows I've seen enough hate aimed at it, or through it towards Bendis). It's strange, considering I usually hate what I personally call "Black Canary Syndrome" (defined personally as "the unfortunate circumstance when a female super-hero and a male super-hero, each created independently of one another, are placed in a romantic relationship either in official canon or in "imaginary/What If?" stories, and the female super-hero is thereafter treated either by creators or the audience as mostly subservient to, lesser than, or unable to function without the male super-hero"), but at this point in time she does seem more connected to Cage or the Avengers.

And I very nearly considered including the Pym/van Dyne wedding, but considering the...hills and valleys that relationship has gone through over the decades, and wondering if their wasn't a better name for it as an entry, I decided to leave it. (Anybody remember the days when the Big Two, long after society had seemingly moved on, felt that the 'stigma' attached to divorce was so un-super-heroic that killing off either the bride or groom was considered the best option for ending a super-hero's marriage?)

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera