Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2020 4:10 pm  #1

The All-New Imaginary Marvel Science Handbook Thread

Historical text from CxPulp:

skippcomet
01-06-2015, 02:16 PM

Here is the first of three Imaginary Handbooks I came up with during the week in-between Christmas and New Year's.

Alchemax (Earth-928's 2099 AD)
Blue Area of the Moon
Concordance Engine
Peter Corbeau
Darkforce Dimension (and Wielders)
Albert DeVoor
Extremis
Falzon
Galileo
Horton Cells
Homo Mermanus (Atlanteans, Lemurians)
Incursions
Insidio
Ion (Voletta Todd)
Legacy Virus
Sidney LeVine
Mad Mechanic (Young Allies foe)
Mentor (Imperial Guard)
Modular Man
Mutants (a history, at least, not a listing)
Sir Isaac Newton
Nth Command/Nth Projectors
Old Power
Omniwave Projector
Power Cosmic
Psyche-Magnitron
Pym Particles (and Users)
Randac
Recorders
Red Ronin (giant robot)
Simon Ryker (Earth-7484)
Smartship Friday
Spencer Smythe
Henri Sorel
Starcore
Terrigen Mists/Terrigenesis
Uni-Mind
Unstable Molecules
Vibranium
Watchers (race)
White Event
Jacob Wiesenthal

I left out general Science-fiction concepts that are "real" inthe Marvel Universe like Cloning, Time Travel, Space Travel, etc. because they could take up a whole handbook all by themselves. I tried to focus on specific-to-the-MU concepts that could merit at least a page apiece or more. I also focused on a variety of scientists/geniuses who haven't had specific entries of their own yet. Pretty much all the most prominent heroic and villainous scientists have been covered, and while an argument could be made why the likes of, say, Henry Pym or Reed Richards deserve an update, I tried to minimize that for an Imaginary handbook. (I can see how if such a handbook were to be actually done, though, you could argue it would need "stars" to help increase commercial appeal.) So I focused on heroic supporting cast, a couple of aliens, and mad scientists who may or may not be the victims of their own experiments.

Spencer Smythe was a compromise with myself because I came *this* close to including the Stillwell brothers in an entry of their own.

Any comments, questions, or suggestions? Want to know what y'all think of this one...

Eduardo M.
01-06-2015, 05:35 PM
I would try to have at least a Henry Pym update. Maybe also Wizard (Wittman) and an AIM update. And add in the X-Men Science Club.

Angelicknight
01-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Don't really have much to add to this one except maybe an Ionic mutates listing and i second the Darkforce (and wielders) entry.

Andy E. Nystrom
01-09-2015, 11:25 AM

Pym should be in just by virtue of being the Scientist Supreme. Depending on when such a Handbook got released, probably Fitz & Simmons due to the new SHIELD comic. Ape-X and Tom Thumb for sure (in the case of Ape-X it would be a good test of if gorillas still sell comics. Or do the only sell DC Comics?). Probably some individual members of AIM such as MODOT.

vanhornluke
01-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Surely there have to be a few more golden age mad scientists who haven't been covered before.

skippcomet
01-09-2015, 02:39 PM
You all make some good arguments for Hank Pym getting an update in such an imaginary handbook. I actually had X-Club on the initial list but left it off because a) I thought it could find a home in an imaginary X-Men handbook and therefore b) sought to give the 'space' to something less likely to find a home elsewhere.

Tom Thumb and Ape-X are good suggestions, and they also remind me of Dr. Decibel and Master Menace. Decibel's essentially a mad scientist, and Menace is a Lex Luthor analogue, right? *smacks head for forgetting to consider them*

Golden age mad scientists? WAY too many to choose from. Might as well do a handbook on comic book Nazis. AND NO I'M NOT DOING THAT ONE....although that's an entry for the Imaginary Invaders handbook.

(...Marvel Nazis...try explaining THAT Handbook to concerned parents...)

zuckyd1
01-10-2015, 02:37 PM

skippcomet wrote:

Might as well do a handbook on comic book Nazis.

I bet vanhornluke would love an entry for Rudolf Hess! (inside joke)

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera