Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2020 4:59 pm  #1

The Imaginary OHOTMU Spider-Man 2014 thread.

Historical text from CxPulp:

skippcomet
04-03-2014, 12:16 AM

Continuing with our unofficial celebration of the tenth anniversary of the launch of the modern Marvel Handbooks, we now move on to the second Handbook published in 2004, the OHOTMU Spider-Man 2004. Since next month will see the release of "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" in theatres nationwide, and it has been awhile since the last batch of Spider-Man-centric entries was released, and since the last time Spidey himself received any converage was his entry in the hardcover series (back in, what, 2009? 2008?) -- and all the stuff that's happened since -- it really would be good if we could get a Spidey update, but all we have are these Imaginary Handbooks.

I approached this almost the same way I did the IH for Captain America a few months back -- I looked at the IMDB page for the upcoming movie to see who will appear in it, I checked the related character-centric page at the Appendix website, and I tried to rack my own brain for possible entries that either haven't been done yet, need updating, or would introduce a character's new identity. So here's my list of potential entries for a new Spider-Man handbook.

Ai Apac, Alpha, Armada, Lance Bannon, Beetle (Janice), Black Abbott, Bloodshed, Chance (Powell), Jacob Conover, Crime-Master (Bennett Brant), Doctor Octopus Update (specifically his time as "Superior Spider-Man"), Dusk (Slingers/St. Commons), Electro (Dillon) Update, Kat Farrell, The Foreigner, Hobgoblin (Urich), Kangaroo (Oliver), Kris Keating, Kraven's Last Hunt (event), Ned Leeds (possibly under the name Hobgoblin), Nathan Lubinsky, Madame Web (Carpenter), Marla Madison, Manslaughter Marsdale, Joy Mercado, Mirage (Charne), Melinda Morrison, Nocturne (Cairn), Harry Osborn Update, Norman Osborn Update, May Parker Update, Phreak (Petty), Ravenscroft, Rhino (Sytsevich) Update, The Rose (Hayes), Scarlet Spider (Kaine), Spider Island (event), Spider-Girl (Corazon), Spider-Man (Peter Parker-616) Update, Spider-Man (Miles Morales), el Toro Negro, Venom (Flash Thompson), Wand of Watoomb, Yuri Watanabe, Ann Weying (aka She-Venom).

Floor is now open: Who (or what) would you add? Take off? Save for another Imaginary Handbook?

Eduardo M.
04-03-2014, 08:57 AM

I'd list Otto as Spider-Man (Octavius) and list Ned Leeds as himself

stuff I'd like to see covered in addition to the ones already listed are:

Aura (Herd)
Doc Tramma
Gang War (event)
Gauntlet (Morrelli)
Jackpot (Ehret)
Sasha Kraven
Ana Maria Marconi
Massacre
Wraith (Watanabe)

Andy E. Nystrom
04-03-2014, 10:58 AM

Daily Globe
Daniel Kingsley (since reading the Essential Peter Parker trades I've often wondered if it was him and not Roderick in Roderick's earliest appearances; the early effeminate personality fits him better than Roderick)
Beverly Switzler (she met Spidey in her first appearance)
WHO

vanhornluke
04-03-2014, 11:09 AM

I'd love for info from the original Mexican Spider-Man stories to be incorporated.

Angelicknight
04-03-2014, 11:15 AM

Wes Cassady
F.A.C.A.D.E.
Iron Rangers
Madam Web (Hostess)
Mercury Team
Mania
Scorn
Toxin (Brock) update

Andy E. Nystrom
04-03-2014, 11:41 AM

Forgot one key addition

Spider-Man (Parquhar) from Spider-Man India. He's one of the more interesting counterparts and deserves the coverage

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera