Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2020 2:11 pm  #1

The Imaginary OHOTMU X-Men 2014 Handbook thread!

Historical text from CxPulp:
skippcomet
03-18-2014, 02:47 AM
So this year is the tenth anniversary of the start of the modern handbooks with the release of the OHOTMU X-Men 2004 Handbook. Let's pretend Marvel would acknowledge it with a new X-Men-themed handbook. (It's been a while since the Phoenix Force Handbook or when we saw a handful of new X-Men entries in the back pages of an X-Men: Legacy trade paperback.) And I'll admit, I don't follow the X-corner of Marvel that well. So, who, what, or where would you want to see given new (or updated) entries in such a handbook?

All I could suggest with any degree of confidence is updates for Angel, Cyclops, and Bishop, and that's just for "star-power." (I'm leaving Wolverine out for his future imaginary OHOTMU 2014 thread.) What entries would all of you suggest?

Melou
03-18-2014, 03:10 AM
-The Seven Lights (Primal, Transonic, Oya, Velocidad, Zero, Zee-Shan, the German baby)
-The Lights and the Phoenix Messiah (Demons/Aliens?)
--The Lords of Stasis
-Rhapsody
-Alchemy
-Skinless Man
-Omega Clan
-Elixir
-Shaw
-Genosha
-S-Men & Red Skull with Charles Xavier brain
-X-Treme X-Men
-The realities from X-Treme X-Men, Wolverine and the X-Men/Battle of the Atom

Andy E. Nystrom
03-18-2014, 07:47 AM
- "All-New" X-Men. Not sure if they are considered part of 616 past still or a divergent reality but they deserve an entry either as a separate team or as an X-Men update.
- Professor X and Magneto should have updates due to their prominent roles in the upcoming movie.
- Coffee A-Go-Go (never had an entry)
- Avengers vs X-Men (event)
- Stevie Hunter (no entry since X-Men Encyclopedia)
- Sharon Friedlander (never had a real entry; just a shared Alumni Yearbook entry)
- X-Humed (only entry FF Encyclopedia appendix)
- X-Men Jet (Blackbird) (no entry since X-Men Encyclopedia)
- X-Men Skrull Imposters (both teams) (only had Files entries in Skrulls book)
- Brood Mutants (the Brood who took over human mutants and battled the X-Men as a team; never had an entry)
- Danger Room (unless you count Danger, no entry since X-Men Encyclopedia; even if you do count Danger as the same, a lengthy expansion covering the various Danger Rooms it was previously would be nice)

Eduardo M.
03-18-2014, 08:34 AM
Blink (update)
Cadre-K (Xavier's Skrull mutant team)
Battle of the Atom (event)
Charlotte Jones
Demon Bear
Uncanny Avengers

Melou
03-18-2014, 09:14 AM
Forgot some others:
-Cloud 9 (that or a clarification regarding her powers: is she a mutant riding an Alien cloud, or only one of the two)
-Ultragirl (including a clarification regarding her genetics)
-The Black Legion of Age of Apocalypse

skippcomet
03-19-2014, 09:48 AM
Quick response: Haven't Rhapsody, Alchemy, Elixir, Cloud 9, and Ultragirl already received entries?

Melou
03-19-2014, 12:57 PM
I recall the four firsts in recent handbooks, but except the two first in X-Men: Mutant Earth's Heroes, I'm not sure where for the other.

But the two last need some clarifications. The two firsts have had minor appearances recently and clarifications on their whereabouts during their lack of presence. The middle one is lost on Genosha since the end of Necrosha, a little thing before reintroducing him ?

Andy E. Nystrom
03-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Here's the Master List of who all had had an entry and how big it is http://www.cxpulp.com/showthread.php...MU-Master-List

Melou
03-20-2014, 02:37 AM
Impressive.

Edit: Plus a really complete and exaustive Imperial Guard entry (with story, the succeeding guards, fixing the possible messes).

Angelicknight
03-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Eight Immortals
Eye-Scream
"First" X-Men characters (Bomb, Holo, Meteor, Scout, Shadowshift, Virus ect.)
new Freedom Force (military)
Hellfire Academy / new Hellions
Jean Grey School for Higher Learning
Kade Kilgore's Hellfire Club
New Charles Xavier School for Mutants
Any of the Promotional type characters (Beacon, John Dee, Eques, Roger Fieldston, Psi-Ber Sentinel, T-Ray, Triplikill, X-Man ect.)

skippcomet
03-22-2014, 02:28 PM
How about...

-- Bling!
-- Match
-- Glob Herman
-- Erg
-- Sunder
-- Ernst
-- Astra (female mutant teleporter with ties to Magneto and his clone Joseph)
-- Chance (Fallen Angels)
-- Gomi (Fallen Angels)
-- Fallen Angels (team/group entry)
-- Cipher
-- Opal Tanaka (Iceman's on/off-again love interest; we've had two of Beast's ex-gf's get entries, why not?)
-- Dr. Peter Corbeau
-- X-Club
-- Deadline (Sunfire foe)
-- updates on the X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor Investigations, the new X-Factor
-- Evangeline Whedon
-- William Conover
-- Jean Grey's relatives who also had powers/other identities (or an entry on the Grey family)
-- Cyclops' grandparents (forgot their names)
-- full-page entries on Armor and Lois London (as Mortis)
-- Senyaka
-- Reaper (Mutant Liberation Front, Ultraverse's Exiles, X-Cell)
-- Tempo
-- Dragoness
-- any individual members of the Imperial Guard, Savage Land Mutates, Marauders, MLF, or Hellions of your choice
-- Mutant Response Division
-- Izzy Ortega (Bishop's District X partner)
-- Mikhail Rasputin
-- Miss Locke (Arcade's former aide)
-- Kiwi Black
-- Doctor Crocodile
-- Limbo (Belasco & Magik's)
-- Karma's younger mutant siblings
-- Technarch race
-- Blink of Earth-616

Note: I know I said I don't follow the X-Corner very well; I just gleaned most of the above from previous handbooks & files books.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera