Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/05/2020 10:23 am  #1

Imaginary Handbook -- Marvel Legacy: The 2000's Handbook

Historical text from CxPulp

skippcomet
12-21-2013, 11:39 AM

I know this is a weird idea for a an imaginary (or even a real) Handbook, what with over half the 2000's seeing Handbooks, Handbook entries, and Files books being published on almost a monthly basis, and most of the decade's major characters and events therefore already seeing coverage. But hey, this is comics, when did logic and sense ever stop anybody? [img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/img]

So, much like the Marvel Legacy Handbooks for h 1960s-1990s said on the inside front covers, let's pretend we were doing a handbook covering the state of the Marvel Universe it was right up o 11:59 pm December 31, 2009 -- who and what gets included? This includes both already-covered characters and those *not* covered (by December 31, 2009, anyway.)

First off, I think we can agree that a 2000's Legacy Handbook would absolutely have to include entries on the Avengers and the X-Men. I'd include the Eric O'Grady Ant-Man (not covered until 2012's Avengers Roll Call), Namor's son Kamar, Tom Foster (nephew of Bill "Giant-Man" Foster), the Red King/Angmo II from Planet Hulk, and either Sally Floyd or The Front Line. Any other suggestions?

Stuart V
12-21-2013, 01:42 PM

Omega Gang
The Pride
Jessica Jones (Alias debuted in 2001, and as BMB's initial flagship title, would definitely be one to cover, even though she has had other entries)
Mar (only member of 2004 Alpha Flight incarnation who doesn't have their own entry)
Spider-Man India (either character or reality entry)
John the Skrull
Captain Midlands
Elsa Bloodstone (though already covered, she's very much a character of the 2000s)
Sir Benedict (only one of the 2001 Excalibur members not covered already)
Earth-Nightside
Josiah X (and / or the Crew)
individual entries for some of the young Inhumans who starred in the 2003 Inhumans series
Mexer (from Saudade, Italian Wolverine GN)
Conte Gianus (from Secret of the Glass, Italian Spider-Man GN)
Damocles Rivas
Clay (Madrox foe)

skippcomet
12-21-2013, 04:11 PM

John the Skrull! How could I forget John the Skrull?

Gotta agree about Jessica Jones. The rest sound interesting.

How about Paragon (Iron Man/Initiative character), Angelo Fortunado (briefly had the Venom symbiote), Henrietta Hunter (X-Statix), Meteorite (Thunderbolts), and the Immortal Weapons (group entry)?

Eduardo M.
12-21-2013, 05:22 PM

Armory (ex-Initiative trainee)
Bill (Thor character/Kelda's boyfriend)
Command (Initiative team)
Criti Noll
Sally Floyd
Freedom Force (Initiative team)
Frontline
Goliath (Tom Foster)
Heavy Hitters
Hood's Army
Intergalatic Council
Jessica Jones
Major Albrecht Kerfoot
Carlotta LaRosa
Liberteens
Red Guardian's 1950's Soviet team (need a name)
Red King (Angmo II)
Secret Avengers (Cap's Civil War army)
Hiriam Sheckleberg
John Steele

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera