Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/05/2021 7:14 am  #91

Re: The OHOTMU Master List (also Files, Guidebooks, and Related Works)

About:
Space Phantom Orig #10 ½, Del #6 head (Hydra), Del #12 1 ⅓, Mas #15 2, AvLog, ANew #5 head (Hydra), Hardc #5 head (Hydra), ANUp #3 2
Space Phantoms Orig #7 ¼, Del #15 ¼ as Phantoms; Hardc #10 3 as Space Phantoms

ANUp #3 talks about the Space Phantoms in general and should be with Space Phantoms

7/06/2021 3:51 pm  #92

For ​Captain America: America’s Avenger you vary between the abbreviations CAmAA and Cap Am.

7/08/2021 8:28 am  #93

In:
Greithoth: Breaker of Wills & Skirn: Breaker of Men see Abosrbing Man;

Absorbing Man is misspelled

7/08/2021 8:35 am  #94

Bird-Man (Archie DiBacco) Orig #2 App, ...
DiBacco doesn't appear in the Appendix of the Original #2, only the first Bird-Man appears.

7/10/2021 7:51 am  #95

About:
Jaspers, "Mad Jim" (James Jaspers; Crooked World) ANew #5 1, Hardc #6 2 as “Mad Jim” Jaspers; Hardc #3 bodyg (Crooked World) as Sir James Jaspers aka Mad Jim Jaspers

the profile in the Hardcover #6 is also for "Mad Jim" Jaspers of Earth-616

7/10/2021 9:41 am  #96

In:
Brotherhood of Mutants Orig #2 1, Del #4 1, ME2X 1, ME4S App as Brotherhood of Evil Mutants; Orig 2 ½ sub as New Brotherhood of Evil Mutants; AvLog, WolEn #1 as Freedom Force; Team 2, Hardc #2 3, AZsc #2 caps as Brotherhood of Mutants

the Deluxe profile in #4 is for Freedom Force

7/10/2021 9:58 am  #97

Soviet Super-Soldiers Orig #10 ⅓, Del #12 11, Hardc #13 sub some stats

Wow, the deluxe edition certainly was generous with its space!
Also, I'm not sure what the last part of the line means.

7/11/2021 1:19 am  #98

About:
Blaze (Ashley Crawford, Kirk Donahue) ME4S ½, ME6FF App w/Human Torch

Kirk's surname is Donoghue.

Last edited by mal32 (7/11/2021 1:25 am)

7/15/2021 1:36 am  #99

Vamp (Denise Barranger) Orig App as Animus; ...
should be:
Vamp (Denise Barranger) Orig #1 App as Animus; ...

7/15/2021 3:37 am  #100

In the APPENDIX of the ORIGINAL #2, Marvel made a small mistake when they wrote:
BLACK SPECTRE II
Terrorist organization led by Nimrod Strange. First Appearance: MOON KNIGHT #25

because the Black Spectre appearing in MOON KNIGHT #25 is Carson Knowles, in fact you wrote this in the list:
Black Spectre (Carson Knowles) MUUp #2 1, DReig ⅓

Nimrod Strange worked for the following terrorist organizations: Black September, the Red Army, Black Hand and Black September is similar to Black Spectre but he had his personal bodyguard known as NIMROD STRANGE's BODYGUARDS.

So, maybe, we could have:
Black Spectre (Carson Knowles) MUUp #2 1, DReig ⅓, Orig #2 App as Black Spectre II (wrongly indicated as Nimrod Strange's terrorist group)
and
NIMROD STRANGE aka ARSENAL Orig #2 App (wrongly indicated as leader of BLACK SPECTRE II)

Last edited by mal32 (7/15/2021 3:40 am)

7/15/2021 6:45 am  #101

Chaka (Robert Chao) Orig #3 App
another little Marvel's mistake, the right surname is Hao:
Chaka (Robert Hao) Orig #3 App (misspelled Chao)

Last edited by mal32 (7/15/2021 6:45 am)

7/15/2021 7:02 am  #102

Copperhead (Robert Reynolds) Orig #3 App w/Chesney
another Marvel's mistake, the right name is Arthur:
Copperhead (Arthur Reynolds) Orig #3 App w/Chesney (wrongly named Robert Reynolds)

7/15/2021 9:51 am  #103

Dragon Lord (Tako Shamara) Orig #4 App, CWBat App, Hardc #5 head (Initiative), MUUp #4 ½

the Dragon Lord I in the Appendix of Original #1 isn't Tako Shamara but Katsuo Sasaki, so we could have:
Dragon Lord (Katsuo Sasaki) Orig #4 App
Dragon Lord (Tako Shamara) CWBat App, Hardc #5 head (Initiative), MUUp #4 ½

7/16/2021 1:51 pm  #104

I am sorry but I don't understand why the two very beautiful and updated profiles about CHAMELEON (3 pages) and KRAVEN THE HUNTER (4 pages), from "Spider-Man Grim Hunt - The Kraven Saga", are not listed here but only in the OHOTMU Sightings Outside the Handbooks - Current Version" page.
Thanx  

7/17/2021 12:19 am  #105

I would like to add the profiles of the CRUSADERS characters from the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z Hardcover #3. The CRUSADERS group has been already added as:
Crusaders Orig #3 App, ML70 1+WNow, Hardc #3 1, AZsc #3 caps

Spirit of '76 (William Nasland) Orig #2 App as Captain America; CoC #3, Orig #11 App, Orig #14 ½, Del #19 1¼, GAge 1, Hardc #11 1 as Spirit of ‘76; Mas #18 2 as b:Spirit of 76/f:Spirit of ‘76

becomes:
Spirit of '76 (William Nasland) Orig #2 App as Captain America; CoC #3, Orig #11 App, Orig #14 ½, Del #19 1¼, GAge 1, Hardc #11 1, Hardc #3 bodyg (Crusaders) as Spirit of ‘76; Mas #18 2 as b:Spirit of 76/f:Spirit of ‘76

Captain Wings Orig #3 App

becomes:
Captain Wings (Roger Dicken) Orig #3 App, Hardc #3 bodyg (Crusaders)

Destroyer (Roger Aubrey) CoC #3; Orig #3 App, ANew #12 head, Hardc #12 head (V-Batallion) (V-Batallion); GAge 1, Hardc #3 2, AZsc #3 caps w/Marlow

becomes:
Destroyer (Roger Aubrey) CoC #3; Orig #3 App, ANew #12 head, Hardc #12 head (V-Batallion) (V-Batallion); GAge 1, Hardc #3 2, AZsc #3 caps w/Marlow, Hardc #3 caps (Crusaders) as Dyna-Mite

then we could add the following new ones:

Tommy Lightning (Thomas Lovejoy) Hardc #3 caps (Crusaders)

Ghost Girl (Wendy Hunt) Hardc #3 bodyg (Crusaders)

Thunderfist (Patrick "Pat" Mason) Hardc #3 bodyg (Crusaders)

Alfie (William Leese) Hardc #3 caps (Crusaders)

7/17/2021 8:32 am  #106

3-D Man (Charles Chandler) CoC #2, Orig #12 App, Orig #14 1, Mas #17 2, GAge 1, Skr ½, Hardc #12 1

because the original 3-D Man was a fusion of the two brothers, Charles and Harold Chandler, maybe we could have:
3-D Man (Charles "Chuck" Chandler+Harold "Hal" Chandler) CoC #2, Orig #12 App, Orig #14 1, Mas #17 2, GAge 1, Skr ½, Hardc #12 1

7/17/2021 9:37 am  #107

Scarlet Scarab (Mehemet Faoul) CoC #3, Orig #9 1

the Scarlet Scarab in Marvel Super Hero Contest of Champions 3 is not Mehemet Faoul but his father Abdul Faoul, but in the #9 of the ORIGINAL series they talk about both of them, so we could have:
Scarlet Scarab (Abdul Faoul) CoC #3, Orig #9 1 (with Mehemet)
Scarlet Scarab (Mehemet Faoul) Orig #9 1 (with Abdul)

7/18/2021 1:00 pm  #108

Sphinx (Meryer Karim) ME6FF 1, ANew #10 3, Hardc #11 3 w/Mut

the second female Sphinx's first name is Meryet

7/18/2021 1:10 pm  #109

Freak (Eddie Marsh) see Eddie Marsh

his surname is March

7/20/2021 5:12 am  #110

mal32 wrote:

I would like to add the profiles of the CRUSADERS characters from the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z Hardcover #3. The CRUSADERS group has been already added as:
Crusaders Orig #3 App, ML70 1+WNow, Hardc #3 1, AZsc #3 caps

Spirit of '76 (William Nasland) Orig #2 App as Captain America; CoC #3, Orig #11 App, Orig #14 ½, Del #19 1¼, GAge 1, Hardc #11 1 as Spirit of ‘76; Mas #18 2 as b:Spirit of 76/f:Spirit of ‘76

becomes:
Spirit of '76 (William Nasland) Orig #2 App as Captain America; CoC #3, Orig #11 App, Orig #14 ½, Del #19 1¼, GAge 1, Hardc #11 1, Hardc #3 bodyg (Crusaders) as Spirit of ‘76; Mas #18 2 as b:Spirit of 76/f:Spirit of ‘76

Captain Wings Orig #3 App

becomes:
Captain Wings (Roger Dicken) Orig #3 App, Hardc #3 bodyg (Crusaders)

Destroyer (Roger Aubrey) CoC #3; Orig #3 App, ANew #12 head, Hardc #12 head (V-Batallion) (V-Batallion); GAge 1, Hardc #3 2, AZsc #3 caps w/Marlow

becomes:
Destroyer (Roger Aubrey) CoC #3; Orig #3 App, ANew #12 head, Hardc #12 head (V-Batallion) (V-Batallion); GAge 1, Hardc #3 2, AZsc #3 caps w/Marlow, Hardc #3 caps (Crusaders) as Dyna-Mite

then we could add the following new ones:

Tommy Lightning (Thomas Lovejoy) Hardc #3 caps (Crusaders)

Ghost Girl (Wendy Hunt) Hardc #3 bodyg (Crusaders)

Thunderfist (Patrick "Pat" Mason) Hardc #3 bodyg (Crusaders)

Alfie (William Leese) Hardc #3 caps (Crusaders)

A correction about Ghost Girl, only:
in the list we have:
Ghost Girl (Lilli Stephens) Orig #5 App, AZsc #1 head (Alpha Flight)

but there are two different Ghost Girls: the one in the Appendix of the Original #5 is the Ghost Girl of the Crusaders, the one in the softcover A-Z #1 is the Ghost Girl (Lilli Stephens) of Alpha Flight, so we could have:

Ghost Girl (Lilli Stephens) AZsc #1 head (Alpha Flight)
Ghost Girl (Wendy Hunt) Orig #5 App, Hardc #3 bodyg (Crusaders)

Last edited by mal32 (7/20/2021 5:13 am)

7/20/2021 7:39 am  #111

Hargen the Measurer Del #2 body (Celestials)

Hargen appears also in the Celestials profile in the Original #2 so we could have:
Hargen the Measurer Orig #2 bodyg, Del #2 body (Celestials)

7/22/2021 9:09 am  #112

Going through the suggested corrections that I will upload later. At post 106. Most are good so far.
I made a note about Avalon under Otherworld but kept them separate for much the same reason that the Balkan States are separate Europe.
I've tweaked the Soviet Super-Soldiers. When I upload the new version things should be clearer.
To keep things simple and avoid listing leaders of teams separately, for Black Spectre I'm merging the incorrectly described listing with the Knowles listing and clarifying things there.
I'm correcting real names but not noting how they were originally listed; with retcons the list could easily get bogged down with false real names.
Leaving 3-D Man as is. I understand what you're getting at, but the Handbooks consistently list only Charles as the real name (a similar situation happens with Brother/Doctor Voodoo) so I'm following the Handbooks' lead.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

7/22/2021 9:18 am  #113

Also the Grim Hunt oversight was likely the result of it being suggested for the Sightings thread and not this thread. I try to spot when new material is suggested in Sightings but things can sometimes get missed unless someone suggests them in both threads. It will be in the next update.

7/22/2021 9:37 am  #114

Red Guardian (Alexei Andreovitch trauShostakov)

could be:
Red Guardian (Alexei Andreovitch Shostakov)

7/23/2021 6:33 am  #115

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Also the Grim Hunt oversight was likely the result of it being suggested for the Sightings thread and not this thread. I try to spot when new material is suggested in Sightings but things can sometimes get missed unless someone suggests them in both threads. It will be in the next update.

Ok, I'll do that from now on.

I posted these recently on the sightings thread:

SINISTER WAR #1 Cover C (Sep 2021)
Electro (Frye) 1

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #70 Cover C (Sep 2021)
Doctor Octopus 1

I also posted a photo of a Cyclops profile which I'm not sure qualifies as handbook or pinup.

7/23/2021 7:28 am  #116

A few more notes:

Re: Crusaders: If characters are simply captioned in a group entry with no additional info, I'm not including them. This list could get bogged down with minutiae if I start listing everyone who's identified in an illo. A few name-only character headshots from Original  did slip in, but with modern Handbooks where there are a lot more such captions I want to keep this manageable.

Likewise, a good rule of thumb is that the "Vital Statistics" section (under than First Appearance, which often lists multiple characters) is what I generally use to determine who the profile is about. Using that as the basis, the Scarlet Scarab profile in the original series is Mehemet. This being the Marvel Universe I suppose I can't entirely rule out Abdul being Abdul's father, but that is still unlikely. I do allow some leway should one character later prove via retcon to be two (e.g. Phoenix, Red Raven, Star-Lord) but those are special circumstances.

7/23/2021 8:05 am  #117

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Going through the suggested corrections that I will upload later. At post 106. Most are good so far.
I made a note about Avalon under Otherworld but kept them separate for much the same reason that the Balkan States are separate Europe.
I've tweaked the Soviet Super-Soldiers. When I upload the new version things should be clearer.
To keep things simple and avoid listing leaders of teams separately, for Black Spectre I'm merging the incorrectly described listing with the Knowles listing and clarifying things there.
I'm correcting real names but not noting how they were originally listed; with retcons the list could easily get bogged down with false real names.
Leaving 3-D Man as is. I understand what you're getting at, but the Handbooks consistently list only Charles as the real name (a similar situation happens with Brother/Doctor Voodoo) so I'm following the Handbooks' lead.

I understand but in the Original #12 appendix (page 32), Marvel wrote:
3-D MAN
(Chuck and Hal Chandler) ...

7/23/2021 8:39 am  #118

Torgo (Torgo Nia) Del #20 ½ sub (Vampires), ANew #11 1, Hardc #12 1, Vamp ½ as Torgo; Hardc #12 head (Vampires) as Torgo Nia Torgo
(Torgo of Mekka) ME6FF ⅓

there is a little confusion, here, because Torgo of Mekka appeared in the ANew #11 and in the Hardcover #12, so we could have:
Torgo (Torgo Nia) Del #20 ½ sub (Vampires), Vamp ½ as Torgo; Hardc #12 head (Vampires) as Torgo Nia Torgo
(Torgo of Mekka) ME6FF ⅓, ANew #11 1, Hardc #12 1

7/23/2021 8:48 pm  #119

mal32 wrote:

I understand but in the Original #12 appendix (page 32), Marvel wrote:
3-D MAN
(Chuck and Hal Chandler) ...

I get what you're saying, but if you look at the majority of Handbooks, including the hardcover profile (the most recent one), it's just Charles. The Handbooks aren't always consistent so you have to look at other factors, the most recent info being the biggest factor. For a time the Handbooks listed Grant as Captain America's middle name, but nowadays he's considered to have no middle name. Sticking with current understandings of characters is the best approach I think.

7/24/2021 12:26 am  #120

Ok about 3-D Man (but I add the he is different from Brother/Doctor Voodoo because I remember that Jericho calls his dead brother's ghost sometimes not everytime, not like the 3-D Man who always calls the two brothers' energies but I accept your decision, of course) but may I add that about:
Thermo, the Thermodynamic Man (Walter Michaels) Orig #12 App as Thermo; ME4S App as Thermo, the Thermdynamic Man

there is a little misunderstanding: his real moniker is THERMO, THE THERMATRONIC MAN (I checked), it is true that Marvel on the appendix of MARVEL ENCYCLOPEDIA #4 wrote Thermo, the Thermodynamic Man but they made a mistake, so we could have this:

Thermo, the Thermatronic Man (Walter Michaels) Orig #12 App as Thermo; ME4S App misnamed as Thermo, the Thermodynamic Man
(p.s. the Thermodynamic Man is Equinox)

Last edited by mal32 (7/25/2021 11:42 pm)

Board footera