Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/09/2020 9:42 am  #1

Poster/Pin-Up Type Entries

The following reference guide is the result of a poll started by Andy E. Nystrom on CxPulp,  01-13-2014, 09:40 AM:Results:
Include them with Master List and Sightings where applicable:   3              28.08%
Put them in their own thread and keep them separate                  8             61.54%
Ignore them entirely                                                                                      2              15.38%

Who Watches the Watchers is now cataloging poster/pin-up type entries, albeit in their own thread. Historical info at the bottom of this post. I did a search on Google and pin-up pages tend to be for unofficial material, suggesting that this hasn’t been undertaken before. So this is a major undertaking, starting completely from scratch. Note that most pin-ups have stats but not all. To a larger degree I’m using the Sightings thread as a template, but with one big difference: Handbook entries when reprinted tend to be splintered off from their original books. However, pin-ups usually appear when the entire issue is reprinted. Note a few early printings of Essential volumes apparently sometimes omitted pin-ups but they were put back in in later printings. All are one page unless noted.

For easier updating and navigation, the data is now kept in a Google Doc:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xxmoG4txIOHlRQpb4JXX29Mpu9YLCtb5/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by Andy E. Nystrom (5/27/2021 11:07 am)

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

1/09/2020 9:43 am  #2

Re: Poster/Pin-Up Type Entries

Additional text from CxPulp:

Andy E. Nystrom
01-13-2014, 09:40 AM

Since this comes up from time to time, I thought I'd get people's consensus on this. I'm starting a separate thread so I can add a poll.

What are people's thoughts on Poster/Pin-Up type entries? The way I see it, there are three options:

1. Intermingle with the other handbook/Files material, including them on the Master List and Sightings list as applicable.
2. Create a separate thread for these
3. Ignore them entirely

Thoughts?

Eduardo M.
01-13-2014, 11:27 AM

I say put them in their own thread.

Andy E. Nystrom
01-13-2014, 12:48 PM

So far "ignore them" is in the lead, which I hadn't expected. I voted for merge as a simple matter of practicality: invariably people are going to keep suggesting these in the Sightings thread anyway so that prevents any from slipping by in error (i.e. because it's not an error then). But certainly if "ignore them " wins, that's less work for me. The middle category of course has the "split the difference" advantage to it. The poll's just started though so it could still go any direction.

Eduardo M.
01-13-2014, 12:53 PM

Looks like "ignore" and "put them in their own thread" are neck and neck.

I can see why you went with option one Andy. It does avoid slip ups and endless debate over what qualifies as just a simple poster/pinup entry. If option B wins, we could always set up some ground rules as to how the poster/pinup category works

Andy E. Nystrom
01-13-2014, 12:58 PM

Eduardo M. wrote:

Looks like "ignore" and "put them in their own thread" are neck and neck.

I can see why you went with option one Andy. It does avoid slip ups and endless debate over what qualifies as just a simple poster/pinup entry. If option B wins, we could always set up some ground rules as to how the poster/pinup category works

Definitely if option B (or A for that matter) wins, I'll probably say something along the lines that the text has to be comparable to an Appendix entry at least. No random pin-ups.

Stuart V
01-13-2014, 01:55 PM

I'm for including them, but on a separate thread. I don't want them muddying up the water of the regular entries, and I can see why some people might worry about including them for fear of the potentially high numbers. But the reason I'd like to see them included is simple - some of them cover unique subjects. Case in point - Master of Kung-Fu #94 has a two page poster of Stormhaven, Freelance Investigations base. As well as a front and back shot of the mansion, there's a detailed overhead map showing the internal layout, something that wouldn't look out of place in a handbook. Or there's this picture of Aunt May's house in Forrest Hills - not sure where it was first given, but the art is Ditko
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3278/3...38fbac29_o.jpg

Not quite so handbook-like, but afaik there's no other detailed shot of the interior of the Parker house.

Or this interior of the Micronauts ship
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7szGOseAqC...+4+APRIL79.jpg

Or this shot of the interior of Mys-Tech Central
http://starlogged.blogspot.co.uk/201...h-central.html

Some of this kind of stuff could be useful reference material, not just for fans, but also for writers and artists. Some of it could even be included in future handbooks.

Angelicknight
01-13-2014, 05:57 PM

Include but in their on thread.

Rayeye
01-14-2014, 01:06 PM

I vote for the second option: their own thread.

mal32
01-14-2014, 02:03 PM

I voted for Include them with Master List and Sightings where applicabl

zuckyd1
01-14-2014, 05:16 PM

If they are given their own thread (which is how I voted) some of my prior "borderline" submissions could probably be moved over there.

zuckyd1
01-14-2014, 05:22 PM

The pictures that Stuart linked to are great! I for one would definitely like to know in which issues those and others like them can be found.

Andy E. Nystrom
01-15-2014, 07:56 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

If they are given their own thread (which is how I voted) some of my prior "borderline" submissions could probably be moved over there.

Which ones were you specifically thinking of? While the vote's not over that one's taking a clear lead, so we might as well start getting that info down in preparation.

Should option 2 win I'll probably convert this thread rather than start another one.

zuckyd1
01-15-2014, 10:57 AM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Which ones were you specifically thinking of? While the vote's not over that one's taking a clear lead, so we might as well start getting that info down in preparation.

I'll have to go through them again when I get a chance. Certainly a lot of my submissions seem less "handbooky" than that Microship pin-up, for example.

Andy E. Nystrom
01-15-2014, 08:56 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

I'll have to go through them again when I get a chance. Certainly a lot of my submissions seem less "handbooky" than that Microship pin-up, for example.

No rush. Technically it's probably safe to call it, but I did set the poll for a week, so I won't be doing anything with this until the poll times out. You never know.

Andy E. Nystrom
01-19-2014, 01:27 PM

Just a reminder that the poll ends tomorrow. The outcome isn't really in doubt but do vote anyway if you haven't previously: there are probably enough people on CX Pulp to still pull an upset if they're so inclined.

Andy E. Nystrom
01-20-2014, 09:28 AM

Okay, I'll be out when the poll closes or soon after, but the outcome isn't really in doubt that we'll be cataloguing posters in their own thread. Here are some guidelines i see:

1. Entries should generally be no shorter than half a page (this is after all a thread for poster and pin-up type entries).
2. Schematics always welcomed.
3. Non-schematic text should be comparable to an Appendix entry: more than just the name but not an in-depth look either.
4. There should be some meat to the poster info: events are okay but describing why a character is posing in a swimsuit isn't really a character entry.
5. For schematics, in-story posters like the Baxter Building cut-away in Fantastic Four (first series) #4 are okay

I suspect that a lot of posters will combine characters, give informal "entry names" or not have names at all; plus reprintings are more frequent in poster type entries. Therefore I propose to list by title and not entry as follows:

Original Title [Titles reprinted in] Entry name or description if none (if in story, note here)

Thoughts?

Andy E. Nystrom
01-20-2014, 11:43 AM

Okay, I've started the ball rolling (see the revised first post, a modification of material I worked on but didn't post in October 2012; I'm pretty sure my source of info for that first bit was Amazing Spider-Man: Official index to the Marvel Universe). Let me know about any additions (or any format change suggestions). I already know about that Web of Spider-man Annual and will be adding all those shortly.

Andy E. Nystrom
01-21-2014, 08:46 AM

Some of the listings already posted may have to be taken down. Looking at Google search results for images, many of the early posters didn't have much text, which I think was a problem I ran into when I started the list in 2012. So expect stuff to a appear and disappear as we figure this out.

Andy E. Nystrom
01-21-2014, 09:37 AM

Material found in a Google Image search added. The new stuff, i.e. everything after Amazing Spider-Man Annual has been verified as having stats or something like them

zuckyd1
01-22-2014, 11:12 AM

So I posted a lot of entries in the Sightings thread which are much more informal than official handbook/files entries but strictly speaking aren't pin-ups or posters. Where do you think the most appropriate/helpful place for them would be? The descriptions I provided a while back should give you a good idea of what those entries entail.
I'm wondering if perhaps it might make more sense to reverse the criteria: The Sightings and Master List thread could be restricted to entries that more or less conform to the Official Handbook/Files format, and all other less formal reference material could reside here.

Andy E. Nystrom
01-22-2014, 06:26 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

So I posted a lot of entries in the Sightings thread which are much more informal than official handbook/files entries but strictly speaking aren't pin-ups or posters. Where do you think the most appropriate/helpful place for them would be? The descriptions I provided a while back should give you a good idea of what those entries entail.
I'm wondering if perhaps it might make more sense to reverse the criteria: The Sightings and Master List thread could be restricted to entries that more or less conform to the Official Handbook/Files format, and all other less formal reference material could reside here.

I'll be honest: from most of your descriptions I couldn't tell if they belonged as a Master List/Sightings thing or a Poster/Pinup. This is not a reflection of the quality of your writing. Rather, the line between Files and Poster is very blurry and often ends up boiling down to gut feeling. So unless I'm actually looking at the page in question it's hard for me to tell, and maybe not even then. The Earth-X stuff, which I've seen looks like a good candidate for the posters thread but before deleting the stuff from the other lists and moving things over, I'd like to hear other thoughts.

In some ways an argument could be made that the Files stuff is closer to the Poster style than the Handbook style as they tend to be quite informal/subjective. But then you have the Heroic Age material which does have a number of stats, just not the usual ones. Plus many of the entries from New Avengers: Most Wanted Files and Annihilation Nova Corps Files didn't have much wording changes when moved to the Hardcovers. Even a few entries from Marvel Monsters that were added to the Hardcovers because a half-pager was needed maintained a lot of the old text.

In a nutshell, the reason I voted to fold this stuff into Sightings and Master List is because the line gets very blurry at times and there is some material that I might call Files on Wednesday and a Pinup on Thursday. I respect that the vote went the other way, but it does mean we're going to have to split hairs from times to time to make this work.

So simply put, sorry, I'm not going to make the decision of whether something belongs in the other lists or this one if I haven't seen the page in question. If I do that I might end up deleting stuff from the other lists to move to this list and then later find myself having to take the stuff off this list and put the stuff back in the other lists. I will however, go along with the general consensus of whether something counts as a Handbook/Files thing or a Poster/Pinup, as long as the consensus comes from people who have seen the page(s) in question.

Along those lines, what are other people's thoughts on what differentiates and Poster/Pinup with stats from a Files entry?

zuckyd1
01-23-2014, 02:21 PM

Here's one proposal for how things might be split:

• Anything in Handbook format obviously goes in the Master List.
• Any books that are all or largely files go in the Master List. Most recent examples of these books share a common "feel", if not necessarily a common format. Often their contributors include Handbook writers. The main purpose of these volumes is to serve as reference; they're not simply bonus material attached to an otherwise-ordinary comic.
* However, select "ordinary" comics like the Annihilation issues would also qualify because they directly connect to an official Files book.
* Older comics which are completely (or mostly) files might go here as well—stuff like Stryfe Files, Jackal Files, etc.—even though they have a very different feel than modern Files books.

* Most other entries probably belong in this thread (which may need to be renamed).
* This would include most 70s-90s entries that aren't Handbook-style entries.
* If an entry's placement is in doubt, it probably belongs in this thread.

Andy E. Nystrom
01-25-2014, 12:09 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

Here's one proposal for how things might be split:

• Anything in Handbook format obviously goes in the Master List.
• Any books that are all or largely files go in the Master List. Most recent examples of these books share a common "feel", if not necessarily a common format. Often their contributors include Handbook writers. The main purpose of these volumes is to serve as reference; they're not simply bonus material attached to an otherwise-ordinary comic.
* However, select "ordinary" comics like the Annihilation issues would also qualify because they directly connect to an official Files book.
* Older comics which are completely (or mostly) files might go here as well—stuff like Stryfe Files, Jackal Files, etc.—even though they have a very different feel than modern Files books.

* Most other entries probably belong in this thread (which may need to be renamed).
* This would include most 70s-90s entries that aren't Handbook-style entries.
* If an entry's placement is in doubt, it probably belongs in this thread.

That's a possibility. What are other people's thoughts?

Stuart V
02-01-2014, 10:01 AM

Works for me.

Andy E. Nystrom
02-09-2014, 09:27

Okay. We can go with that. However, since it is a bitt of a big fix to move things from the Sightings and Master List thread to here I will do so under the following two circumstances:
1. I've seen the material myself
2. A specific case is noted with rationale provided.

The reason I don't want to risk an educated guess in this instance is, I don't want to move things out of those threads and put them here, and then have to move them back to the other threads later. it has to be, once things are moved here from other threads, it's a permanent fix. So it has to be done right.

I do have the Earth-X trade and Essential Power Man and Iron Fist so I shall look at those two myself. But people should feel free to propose anything else from the Sightings and Handbooks thread that isn't obviously a proper Handbook entry.

zuckyd1
02-09-2014, 09:38 AM

As I said before, many of my postings on the Sightings thread should probably be moved over here. I'll try and provide you with a specific list soon.

Andy E. Nystrom
02-09-2014, 11:16 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

As I said before, many of my postings on the Sightings thread should probably be moved over here. I'll try and provide you with a specific list soon.

Sounds good. At least the info is here in some form, which is the most important thing

zuckyd1
03-19-2014, 05:34 PM

Here are some entries in the classic pin-up format:
(1 page each)

UNTOLD TALES OF SPIDER-MAN '96
Undertaker
Joey Pulaski
Supercharger
Scorcher
Batwing
Spacemen
Wizard

UNTOLD TALES OF SPIDER-MAN '97
Headsman
Commanda
Eel
Scarlet Beetle
Black Knight (Garrett)
Gordon "The Terrier" Savinski
Radioactive Man

zuckyd1
03-21-2014, 07:51 AM

I have a bunch of new entries to submit, but I figured it would make sense to first sort out which existing entries should migrate over here from the Master List.
Using the criteria I posted earlier, here are my thoughts:

These 1990s volumes should presumably stay on the Master List, as they are roughly the equivalent of the modern “Files” books:
Age of Apocalypse: The Chosen
Avengers Log
Spider-Man: The Jackal Files
Spider-Man Unmasked
Stryfe’s Strike Files
X-Men: Books of Askani
X-Men Declassified

These entries, by Eliot R. Brown, are in the same format as those from the 1980s handbooks and should stay on the master list:
Avengers #350
Captain America Annual #11

These schematics, however, are more akin to the Microship that Stuart posted and should probably be moved to this thread:
X-Men #188
Infinity: The Hunt #2
Thor God of Thunder #13

These, while not strictly Handbook-format, are fairly thorough profiles and can probably be left on the Master List:
Dragon’s Claws #6-10
Knights of Pendragon #14, 15
S.H.I.E.L.D. (2011)#1

Strikeforce: Morituri#13: while not as thorough as the above, these entries are labelled as “Official Handbook” and thus should probably stay on the Master List.

Marvel Super Heroes Magazine: Although these are formal profiles with stats, they are of such a completely different nature than the regular Handbook entries. I think they belong better in this thread.

These are “in-universe” files entries of varying formats. Probably should be moved to this thread.
Amazing Spider-Man #394
Spider-Man #51
Web of Spider-Man #117
Agents of Atlas v2 #6
Avengers #381
Avengers Unplugged #3
Codename: Genetix #2
Marvel Graphic Novel #7
Mutant X #1
Namor the Sub-Mariner #36, 37
New Mutants #21, 22, 23, 25, 31
X-Factor#65, 66
X-Force (1991) #1, 6

Should probably be moved to this thread:
Earth X Sketchbook
Earth X Special Edition
Universe X Special Edition
Paradise X Special Edition
Fantastic Force v2 #1 (same format as above)

The following entries are all uniquely formatted. Most don’t bear much resemblance to traditional handbook entries. Move them to this thread?
Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes #1-4
Battletide#1
Cable #43
Citizen V and the V-Batallion: The Everlasting #1
Civil War Chronicles #1
Fantastic Four Unplugged #1
Force Works Ashcan Edition
GeNext #1
Hell’s Angel #2
Hulk #50
Micronauts #1
Power Pack #42
Marvel Two-in-One v2 #2
Power Man and Iron Fist #69
Professor Xavier and the X-Men #1
Spider-Girl #100
Team X/Team 7
Thor Spotlight
Ultimate Spider-Man Premiere Comic #1

These two are very borderline:
Agent X #1
Taskmaster #1

Do these suggestions sound reasonable? I can supply more details if needed.

skippcomet
03-26-2014, 11:04 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

These, while not strictly Handbook-format, are fairly thorough profiles and can probably be left on the Master List:
Dragon’s Claws #6-10
Knights of Pendragon #14, 15
S.H.I.E.L.D. (2011)#1

Strikeforce: Morituri#13: while not as thorough as the above, these entries are labelled as “Official Handbook” and thus should probably stay on the Master List.
Should probably be moved to this thread:

What "entries" can be found in Knights of Pendragon #14 & 15 and Strikforce: Morituri #13? I'm afraid I'll go blind if I try to find them on the Master List.

Andy E. Nystrom
03-29-2014, 06:07 PM

skippcomet wrote:

What "entries" can be found in Knights of Pendragon #14 & 15 and Strikforce: Morituri #13? I'm afraid I'll go blind if I try to find them on the Master List.

Thankfully the Sightings thread makes that easy:
Knights of Pendragon #14 Albion 1 N
Knights of Pendragon #15 Grace 1 N

Strikeforce: Morituri #13 (all: 1, some with capsule sub-entries): The Paideia, The Black Watch, Roll of Honor (Snapdragon, Viking, Marathon, Adept), Horde Spacecraft, Known Subsidiary Alien Races (the Mellidar, Healers, Translators, the Tall Ones)
Strikeforce: Morituri #25 Horde Spacecraft 1 R, The Paideia 1 R

In the case of Hulk #50, I don't have the issue handy (I have it but don't know where) but my recollection is that the History section is pretty good and between that and the the First Appearance the entries are as least as good as an OHOTMU Appendix entry, so I'm inclined to leave those in the Master List. But what are other people's thoughts on those?

zuckyd1
04-02-2014, 09:25 AM
INHUMAN #1 has a 2-page map of the Terrigen movement, presented as a S.H.I.E.L.D. data file.

Andy E. Nystrom
04-02-2014, 08:47 PM

Okay. I'll take another look at that issue time permitting. One thing I just remembered is I'll need to check the old version of the Master List before moving anything. As I just mentioned in the Sightings thread, due to a grandfather rule I agreed to when I took over the Master List, anything that was on the old version of the Master List prior to my taking it over can't be deleted from it. So if it's on the earlier Master List, it doesn't get moved here. I won't budge on this because it was a condition of my taking the list over.

zuckyd1
04-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Hulk #50 was definitely my suggestion. In fact I think most of the borderline cases have been my suggestions. The Master List was pretty streamlined before I came along. Sorry if I've been muddying the waters and creating extra work for you.

Andy E. Nystrom
04-03-2014, 10:26 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

Hulk #50 was definitely my suggestion. In fact I think most of the borderline cases have been my suggestions. The Master List was pretty streamlined before I came along. Sorry if I've been muddying the waters and creating extra work for you.

Not a problem. Though I remembered later, when I put Hulk #50 put I had forgotten you had suggested it previously. Most of your suggested changes are based on stuff you came up with but I think a few were on the old list so I'll need to check just to be certain. Once I get back from a brief trip I'll be better able to focus on this.

zuckyd1
04-09-2014, 09:49 AM

Marvel Universe Hulk And the Agents Of S.M.A.S.H. Digest
Hulk (Earth-"Disney XD") 1
She-Hulk (Earth-"Disney XD") 1
Red Hulk (Earth-"Disney XD") 1
Skaar (Earth-"Disney XD") 1

skippcomet
04-20-2014, 06:20 AM

Hey, I've got a quick question: in trying to order copies of Knights of Pendragon #14 & 15, I found there are two series by that name Marvel published in the 90's. Which series are these particular issues with entries on Albion and Grace from, the first (90-91) or the second (92-93)?

zuckyd1
04-20-2014, 02:01 PM

skippcomet wrote:

Hey, I've got a quick question: in trying to order copies of Knights of Pendragon #14 & 15, I found there are two series by that name Marvel published in the 90's. Which series are these particular issues with entries on Albion and Grace from, the first (90-91) or the second (92-93)?

Both entries were in the first volume. (Andy, the entries in the Master and Sightings lists need to be corrected/clarified.)

skippcomet
04-24-2014, 12:55 AM

Thank you! I was looking forward to ordering these issues this past weekend when I was surprised to find two different series. I was also hoping to order the "Star-Lord: The Hollow Crown" and "Rocket Raccoon: Tales of Half-World" specials for the updated and new entries in them along with the Knights of Pendragon issues (my local comic shop never ordered any copies of them), but they were both in the "out of stock" category. Hope I'll be able to eventually track down copies!

zuckyd1
05-10-2014, 02:51 PM

CAPTAIN MARVEL #27: schematic of Titan: http://comicbookcartography.posthave...-1973-jim-star
FANTASTIC FOUR #6: schematic of Baxter Building: http://comicbookcartography.posthave...ntastic-four-6
FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #3: schematic of Baxter Building: http://comicbookcartography.posthave...-giant-cutaway
FF #6 (2013): schematic of the Baxter Building: http://comiccartography.tumblr.com/p...equinones-ff-6
INCREDIBLE HULK #145: schematic of Project Greenski: http://comicbookcartography.posthave...greenskin-base
JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY ANNUAL #1: map of Asgard: http://comicbookcartography.posthave...ry-annual-1-ja
PETER PARKER THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #3: schematic of Empire State University’s bio-physics department office: http://comiccartography.tumblr.com/p...he-spectacular
SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN #124: map of Hyboria: http://comiccartography.tumblr.com/p...nknown-someone
SGT. FURY AND HIS HOWLING COMMANDOS ANNUAL #1: schematic of Nick Fury’s base in Britain: http://comicbookcartography.posthave...s-aerial-views
THE BEST OF SPIDEY SUPER STORIES: Peter Parker’s place: http://comiccartography.tumblr.com/p...f-spidey-super

zuckyd1
05-14-2014, 11:54 AM

Andy, if you're back from your trip (which I hope went well) could you look over my post from March 21 sometime? I have a bunch of new entries to submit, but I think it would be better if we first get a firmer idea about the criteria for this thread so that there isn't a lot of switching back and forth.

Andy E. Nystrom
05-14-2014, 06:06 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

Andy, if you're back from your trip (which I hope went well) could you look over my post from March 21 sometime? I have a bunch of new entries to submit, but I think it would be better if we first get a firmer idea about the criteria for this thread so that there isn't a lot of switching back and forth.

Actually it's been other things that keep sidetracking me. Will try to play catch up soon if I'm able to. One thing that's delayed thing is a hard drive crash wiping out my files, so I've been needing to get around to recreating them from the uploaded versions. It's supposed to rain this weekend so will try to tackle things then

RedKnight
05-16-2014, 09:23 AM

I'm posting this in more than one thread just to ensure that the message is seen:

Andy has been displaced due to a fire in his building and currently has no access to his cxpulp account and will be heading out of town shortly afterwards. He will try to catch up before he leaves town if his current situation is corrected before then.

zuckyd1
09-10-2014, 09:43 AM

MARVEL 75th ANNIVERSARY MAGAZINE
(these are written "out-of-universe" and so don't really belong on the main handbook lists)

"Event Horizon: The Crossovers That Defined the Marvel Universe!" (5 pages total)
Avengers/Defenders War
Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars
Secret Wars II
Evolutionary War
Inferno
Atlantis Attacks
Acts of Vengeance
Infinity Gauntlet
Age of Apocalypse
Onslaught
Heroes Reborn & Heroes Return
Avengers Disassembled
Secret War
House of M
Civil War
New Avengers: Illuminati
Annihilation & annihilation Conquest
World War Hulk
Messiah Complex
Secret Invasion
Dark Reign
Siege
Shadowland
Fear Itself
Avengers vs. X-Men
Age of Ultron
Infinity
Original Sin

There's also an 8-page list of the "75 Greatest Marvel Comics of All Time" with brief descriptions, but I'm not typing that out. The list itself can be found here: http://marvel.com/news/comics/23034/...cs_of_all-time

zuckyd1
09-17-2014, 01:54 PM

MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #16
Batroc 1 N
(The last few issues haven't had any entries.)

zuckyd1
09-24-2014, 10:05 AM

EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #3
Redeye 1/6
Naamurah 1/6
(The profiles are formatted as if they were the backs of collectable cards. There is also a schematic of the Spider-Man's costume.)

Andy E. Nystrom
10-11-2014, 05:08 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

CAPTAIN MARVEL #27: schematic of Titan: http://comicbookcartography.posthave...-1973-jim-star
FANTASTIC FOUR #6: schematic of Baxter Building: http://comicbookcartography.posthave...ntastic-four-6
FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #3: schematic of Baxter Building: http://comicbookcartography.posthave...-giant-cutaway
FF #6 (2013): schematic of the Baxter Building: http://comiccartography.tumblr.com/p...equinones-ff-6
INCREDIBLE HULK #145: schematic of Project Greenski: http://comicbookcartography.posthave...greenskin-base
JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY ANNUAL #1: map of Asgard: http://comicbookcartography.posthave...ry-annual-1-ja
PETER PARKER THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #3: schematic of Empire State University’s bio-physics department office: http://comiccartography.tumblr.com/p...he-spectacular
SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN #124: map of Hyboria: http://comiccartography.tumblr.com/p...nknown-someone
SGT. FURY AND HIS HOWLING COMMANDOS ANNUAL #1: schematic of Nick Fury’s base in Britain: http://comicbookcartography.posthave...s-aerial-views
THE BEST OF SPIDEY SUPER STORIES: Peter Parker’s place: http://comiccartography.tumblr.com/p...f-spidey-super

Finally updating the poster list now. The Sgt Fury one was already listed but I'll add the rest. Note that for these kinds of things we're using the poster title. So for example Fantastic Four Annual #3 will be listed asInside the Baxter Bldg., not schematic of the Baxter Building. This reflects the informal nature of these sorts of things. In some cases a clarifier may be used, but I don't think that's necessary in that example's instance.

Andy E. Nystrom
10-11-2014, 05:40 PM
I've now (mostly migrated over David's suggestions. I've decided to move over the "grandfathered stuff" after all for three reasons: the info isn't lost, just moved and reformatted; I want to be consistent; and the Master List had been running into issues saving, so taking out more than less means it'll be longer before I have to start a brand new thread split further still.

I'm a bit tired from hours of work so haven't finished adding in the dates/reprinted in stuff. If people want to supply some o that, feel free; otherwise will research more of that tomorrow.

Haven't migrated over Agent X or Taskmaster yet; what are other people's thoughts on those?

zuckyd1
10-15-2014, 12:05 PM
MARVEL SUPER HEROES MAGAZINE #17
Grandmaster 1 N

zuckyd1
11-01-2014, 01:02 PM
MARVEL 75th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION #1
(all on 1 page)
The Thunderer
The Angel
Blue Diamond
Red Raven
Rockman

zuckyd1
11-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Not sure if this qualifies for this thread:

MARVEL'S ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN: WEB-WARRIORS FRIENDS AND FOES CHARACTER GUIDE
available for free download here: http://spiderman.marvelkids.com/prin...f412e25a11d2a7
These are the versions from the as-yet-unnumbered Disney XD reality.
Spider-Man 1
Agent Venom 1
Cloak 1
Dagger 1
Doctor Octopus 1
Dormammu 1
Electro 1
Green Goblin 1
Iron Fist 1
Iron Spider 1
Ka-Zar 1
Nick Fury 1
Nova 1
Power Man 1
Squirrel Girl 1
Vulture 1
White Tiger 1
Zabu 1

mal32
11-09-2014, 11:09 AM

The MARVEL'S ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN: WEB-WARRIORS FRIENDS AND FOES CHARACTER GUIDE is very nice, thank you very much

Andy E. Nystrom
11-09-2014, 03:13 PM

I'll do the other updates after I'm a bit more rested from a long trip. My thoughts on online material though is that it probably shouldn't be included because it could disappear at some later date (this is what happened after Eric included the Cerebro Files when he was in charge of the Master List). However, should a print version subsequently materialize, I would then include material like this and note that it originally appeared online.

zuckyd1
11-09-2014, 03:27 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

I'll do the other updates after I'm a bit more rested from a long trip. My thoughts on online material though is that it probably shouldn't be included because it could disappear at some later date (this is what happened after Eric included the Cerebro Files when he was in charge of the Master List). However, should a print version subsequently materialize, I would then include material like this and note that it originally appeared online.

Well you could always print it out. :lol:
Being a PDF it seems slightly more like a fixed document as opposed to just a series of ephemeral web pages, but I understand what you're saying.

zuckyd1
12-17-2014, 01:14 PM

MARVEL ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN MAGAZINE #1
Mole Man (Disney XD) 1
Nick Fury (Disney XD) 1

zuckyd1
01-14-2015, 05:41 PM

MARVEL UNIVERSE AVENGERS ASSEMBLE SEASON TWO #3
Hulk (Disney XD) 1

zuckyd1
02-18-2015, 08:25 AM

MARVEL ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN MAGAZINE #2
White Tiger (Disney XD) 1

zuckyd1
04-01-2015, 12:37 PM

MARVEL SUPER SPECIAL #11 has a 5-page annotated map of Weirdworld. It is reprinted in WEIRDWORLD tpb. The first two pages are also reprinted in MARVEL SUPER SPECIAL #13.

zuckyd1
04-15-2015, 07:53 AM

WOLVERINE v3 #66: map of Amerika (Earth-807128) ¾

zuckyd1
04-21-2015, 05:34 PM

Fantastic Four #3: Cut-Away Diagram of the Fantastic Four's Secret Headquarters 1/3

mal32
04-22-2015, 08:12 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

Fantastic Four #3: Cut-Away Diagram of the Fantastic Four's Secret Headquarters 1/3

Wich volume? Volume 1?

zuckyd1
04-22-2015, 08:36 AM

mal32 wrote:

Wich volume? Volume 1?

Yes, volume 1 issue 3.

zuckyd1
04-22-2015, 09:11 AM
AVENGERS MAGAZINE #1 (2015)
Iron Man 1
Thor 1
Captain America 1
Hulk 1
Hawkeye 1
Scarlet Witch 1
Quicksilver 1
Vision 1
Black Widow 1
Ultron 1/2
Taskmaster 1/2
Loki 1/2
Thanos 1/2
Kang the Conqueror 1/2
Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil 1/2
Norman Osborn 1/2
The Avengers 1/2
Kree/Skrulls 1/2
Grim Reaper 1/2
also includes Roll Call and 50 Greatest Avengers Stories of All Time

Sidney Osinga
04-22-2015, 02:26 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

AVENGERS MAGAZINE #1 (2015)
Iron Man 1
Thor 1
Captain America 1
Hulk 1
Hawkeye 1
Scarlet Witch 1
Quicksilver 1
Vision 1
Black Widow 1
Ultron 1/2
Taskmaster 1/2
Loki 1/2
Thanos 1/2
Kang the Conqueror 1/2
Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil 1/2
Norman Osborn 1/2
The Avengers 1/2
Kree/Skrulls 1/2
Grim Reaper 1/2
also includes Roll Call and 50 Greatest Avengers Stories of All Time

You should have clarified that the roll call is 4 1/2 pages showing headshots for the entire roster, plus the 1/2 pg of Avengers infiltrators.

mal32
04-23-2015, 06:35 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

Yes, volume 1 issue 3.

Thank you, I wanted to be sure.
Did you report the new Baxter Building diagram on Fantastic Four volume 1 #191?

zuckyd1
04-23-2015, 07:58 AM

mal32 wrote:

Did you report the new Baxter Building diagram on Fantastic Four volume 1 #191?

I just took a look at that issue and I didn't see any diagram.

mal32
04-24-2015, 07:11 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

I just took a look at that issue and I didn't see any diagram.

I made a mistake, sorry: it was Fantastic Four volume one #201

zuckyd1
04-23-2015, 07:58 AM

mal32 wrote:

I made a mistake, sorry: it was Fantastic Four volume one #201

Yup.
FANTASTIC FOUR #201: "Inside the Baxter Bldg." 1

zuckyd1
05-02-2015, 06:06 PM
This one might be too minor to count.
TALES TO ASTONISH #35: Ant-Man's Cybernetic Helmet 1/8

mal32
04-24-2015, 07:11 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

This one might be too minor to count.
TALES TO ASTONISH #35: Ant-Man's Cybernetic Helmet 1/8

Everything counts for me, thanks!!!

zuckyd1
05-13-2015, 10:51 AM

SECRET WARS (2015) #2
Battleworld map 2

MARVEL UNIVERSE AVENGERS ASSEMBLE SEASON TWO #7
Thor (Disney XD) 1

zuckyd1
05-15-2015, 01:41 PM

THOR #500
The Garb of Thunder 2
The Family of Odin 2
Hot Facts About the Heavy-Hitting Hammer of Thor 2

zuckyd1
05-20-2015, 10:20 AM

PLANET HULK #1 (2015)
map of Greenland 1

ULTIMATE END #1 (2015)
map of Manhattan 1

zuckyd1
06-09-2015, 02:02 PM

ARMOR WARS #1 (2015)
map of Technopolis 3/4

FUTURE IMPERFECT #1 (2015)
map of Maestro's trophy room ½

zuckyd1
06-11-2015, 11:44 AM

WEIRDWORLD #1 (2015)
Map of Weirdworld 1

zuckyd1
06-17-2015, 11:49 AM

CAPTAIN AMERICA EPIC COLLECTION Vol 16: STREETS OF POISON tpb
Serpent Society 2 (pin-up, presumably a reprint)

skippcomet
06-17-2015, 01:32 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

CAPTAIN AMERICA EPIC COLLECTION Vol 16: STREETS OF POISON tpb
Serpent Society 2 (pin-up, presumably a reprint)

Oh, man, is that the one where Cap is up against a new street drug called "Ice" and concludes that the Super-Soldier Serum is a drug that needs to be purged from his system? Man, the only character who had more "uh, is my secret formula behind my powers/abilities just an addictive drug?" contrived drama was DC's Hourman.

zuckyd1
06-24-2015, 06:07 PM
PLANET HULK #2 (2015)
map of Greenland 1 (different than the one in issue #1)

zuckyd1
06-25-2015, 01:56 PM
STRANGE TALES #101
Johnny Storm's Glenville bedroom 1/6

TALES TO ASTONISH #36
secret room of Pym's lab 1/6

zuckyd1
06-25-2015, 02:03 PM

MARVEL ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN MAGAZINE #4
Juggernaut (Disney XD) 1
Power Man (Disney XD) 1
also includes informal information pages on the Falcon and Doctor Doom's armor.

By the way I just noticed that these magazines are actually put out by Redon Publishing. Does that mean they should be moved to the Non-Marvel Handbooks thread?

Andy E. Nystrom
06-26-2015, 05:41 AM

zuckyd1 wrote:

MARVEL ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN MAGAZINE #4
Juggernaut (Disney XD) 1
Power Man (Disney XD) 1
also includes informal information pages on the Falcon and Doctor Doom's armor.

By the way I just noticed that these magazines are actually put out by Redon Publishing. Does that mean they should be moved to the Non-Marvel Handbooks thread?

I'll try to catch up on these soon. In terms of the above, yes, if not actually published by Marvel then it's considered not quite as official and should be moved to that thread, just like the "somewhat official but not quite" encyclopedias put out by DK. If Marvel Super Heroes Magazine is also Redon then that would apply to that as well.

zuckyd1
06-28-2015, 04:49 PM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

I'll try to catch up on these soon. In terms of the above, yes, if not actually published by Marvel then it's considered not quite as official and should be moved to that thread, just like the "somewhat official but not quite" encyclopedias put out by DK. If Marvel Super Heroes Magazine is also Redon then that would apply to that as well.

I only have a few issues of Marvel Super Heroes Magazine. #1 and #2 are listed as "Buena Vista Magazines, Inc., a subsidiary of Disney Publishing Worldwide". #17 is Redan.

Andy E. Nystrom
06-28-2015, 05:28 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

I only have a few issues of Marvel Super Heroes Magazine. #1 and #2 are listed as "Buena Vista Magazines, Inc., a subsidiary of Disney Publishing Worldwide". #17 is Redan.

Hmm, it's a close call since both have the same parent company, but with big corporations one subsidiary can be pretty autonomous from another. Also it moves things further away from the original intent of this thread, which was bonus pin-ups at the backs of Marvel comics and similar sorts of thing.

So... Non-Marvel for these purposes.

Andy E. Nystrom
06-28-2015, 05:40 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

WOLVERINE v3 #66: map ¾

What's the map of?

Andy E. Nystrom
06-28-2015, 06:08 PM

zuckyd1 wrote:

PLANET HULK #1 (2015)
map of Greenland 1 (different than the one in issue #1)

I'm guessing you meant a different issue number?

Andy E. Nystrom
06-28-2015, 06:17 PM
Beyond the above questions, now up to date, with some additional info. Anything I deleted as Non Marvel I posted in the Non Marvel thread.

zuckyd1
06-29-2015, 10:21 AM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

I'm guessing you meant a different issue number?

Yes, I meant issue #2. Corrected.

zuckyd1
06-29-2015, 10:38 AM

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

What's the map of?

Amerika (Earth-807128). Corrected.

zuckyd1
07-01-2015, 09:37 AM
FUTURE IMPERFECT #2 (2015)
East Wing of Maestro's trophy room ½

zuckyd1
07-08-2015, 10:51 AM
1872 #1 (2015)
map of Valley of Doom 2

SQUADRON SINISTER #2 (2015)
map of Domains Controlled by the Squadron 1

zuckyd1
07-29-2015, 10:53 AM
UNCANNY X-MEN #1 (2012)
organizational chart of Cyclops' teams 1

zuckyd1
08-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Power Man and Iron Fist Epic Collection Vol. 1: Heroes for Hire reprints the entries from Power Man and Iron Fist #69.

zuckyd1
08-19-2015, 08:34 AM
WEIRDWORLD #3
Warbow's Map of Weird World 1

zuckyd1
09-02-2015, 10:46 AM
SQUADRON SINISTER #2
map of Domains Controlled by the Squadron (updated) 1

FUTURE IMPERFECT #5
Hall of Footwear 1/2

zuckyd1
10-14-2015, 03:26 PM

NEW AVENGERS (2015) #1
Avengers Island map 2

zuckyd1
11-04-2015, 11:33 AM

BIZARRE ADVENTURES #27
"X-Men Data Logs" (1 page each):
Phoenix
Iceman
Nightcrawler

The Iceman entry is reprinted in UNCANNY X-MEN #600.

zuckyd1
11-11-2015, 11:35 AM
WEB WARRIORS #1
Mayday Parker: Spider-Woman of Earth-982, Billy Braddock: Spider-UK of Earth-833, Anya Corazon: Spider-Girl of Earth-616, Pavitir Prabhakar: Spider-Man of Earth-50101, Peter Parker: Spider-Man of Earth-90214, Gwen Stacy: Spider-Woman of Earth-65, Peter Porker: the Spectacular Spider-Ham of Earth-8311 (all on 2 pages)

zuckyd1
11-22-2015, 01:22 PM

I usually don't bother mentioning information from the recap pages, but a new map seemed significant enough.
NEW AVENGERS (2015) #2: Avengers Island map

1/09/2020 9:44 am  #3

Historical text from Capes(Optional):
MISSING. Placeholder space in case it reappears later

1/09/2020 9:44 am  #4

Historical text from Facebook:

David A. Zuckerman
June 30, 2018 11:18 am

BLACK PANTHER (2018) #2
(all on 1 page)
T’Challa
Nakia
N’Yami
M’Baku
Taku

THOR (2018) #2
map (as background in panel)

David A. Zuckerman
September 5, 2018 2:00 pm

ASGARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1
(capsules)
Angela
Valkyrie
Annabelle Riggs
The Destroyer
Skurge the Executioner
Thunderstrike
Throg
Reply 1.
Rob Horne
Which Thunderstrike, Kevin or Eric? Is Eric Masterson still dead?
Reply a.
David A. Zuckerman
Kevin. As far as I know, Eric is still dead.

David A. Zuckerman
September 19, 2018 12:31 pm

WEST COAST AVENGERS Vol. 3 #2
“From the Kate Bishop Files”:
Kate Bishop, a.k.a. Hawkeye 1/3
Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye 1/3
Gwendolyn Poole, a.k.a. Gwenpool 1/3
Quentin Quire, a.k.a. Kid Omega 1/3
America Chavez 1/3
Johnny Watts, a.k.a. Fuse 1/3

Andy Nystrom
September 22, 2018 3:01 pm

The Posters, etc thread on the blog; again unformatted https://whowatchesthewatchersohotmu.blogspot.com/2018/09/posters-etc-thread.html

David A. Zuckerman
September 26, 2018 1:06 pm

BLACK PANTHER (2018) #4
The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda (including The Five Galaxies of the Empire: The Benhazin System, T’Chaka’s Reach, The S’Yaan Expanse, The Matrix of Mamadou, Nehanda’s Lattice; map) 1

David A. Zuckerman
October 17, 2018 1:41 pm

SHURI #1
Wakanda 1 R

David A. Zuckerman
October 31, 2018 10:32 am

BLACK PANTHER (2018) #5
The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda (including The Five Galaxies of the Empire: The Benhazin System, T’Chaka’s Reach, The S’Yaan Expanse, The Matrix of Mamadou, Nehanda’s Lattice; map) 1 R

David A. Zuckerman
November 21, 2018 12:29 pm

MARVEL RISING tpb
Ember Cavanagh Quade 1 R

David A. Zuckerman
November 28, 2018 11:46 am

X-MEN: MARAUDERS tpb
The Xavier Institute for Higher Learning 2 R (from X-Men #188)

David A. Zuckerman
December 14, 2018, 3:09 pm

BLACK PANTHER (2018) #7
The Teku-Maza
The Kronan
The Rigellians
The Shadow People

David A. Zuckerman
December 19, 2018, 3:22 pm

AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER tpb
reprints the profiles from Avengers #675-678 and 681.

X-FORCE/CABLE: MESSIAH WAR #1
Strye’s Strike Files:
Wolverine 1
Cable 1
Bishop 1
Deadpool 1
X-Force 2
Apocalypse 1
These are reprinted in X-FORCE/CABLE: MESSIAH WAR hc & tpb and CABLE: THE LAST HOPE VOL. 2.

David A. Zuckerman
January 2, 2019 6:29 pm

CONAN THE BARBARIAN (2019) #1
untitled map ½

David A. Zuckerman
January 18, 2019 7:44 am

CONAN THE BARBARIAN (2019) #2
untitled map ½

David A. Zuckerman
February 8, 2019 8:42 am

CAPTAIN MARVEL START HERE SAMPLER 2019 #1
(reprinted from Marvel Universe Magazine Fall #1)
Captain Marvel — Carol Danvers 1 (slightly reworded)
Captain Marvel — Mar-Vell 1/2
Ms. Marvel — Kamala Khan ½

David A. Zuckerman
February 20, 2019 3:59 pm

AVENGERS NO ROAD HOME #2
(all on 1 page)
The Twins—Apate (Deceit) and Dolos (Trickery)
Nyx (Night)
Hypnos (Sleep)
Oizys (Misery)

WEST COAST AVENGERS VOL. 1: BEST COAST
reprints “From the Kate Bishop Files” from West Coast Avengers Vol. 3 #2

David A. Zuckerman
March 6, 2019 3:33 pm

ZIGGY PIG - SILLY SEAL COMICS (2019) #1
untitled map 1/3
Reply 1.
Luke Van Horn
What's the relationship to the golden age ziggy stories?

David A. Zuckerman
March 11, 2019 6:29 pm

UNCANNY X-MEN BY KIERON GILLEN: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1
organizational chart of Cyclops' teams 1 R

David A. Zuckerman
March 13, 2019 5:01 pm

MARVEL TALES: THOR #1
untitled Asgard map 2 R (from Journey into Mystery Annual #1)

David A. Zuckerman
March 13, 2019 1:05 pm

SUMMER OF HEROES #1 (Disney California Adventure giveaway comic)
Guardians of the Galaxy 1
The Avengers 1
Captain America 1/2
Iron Man 1/2
Doctor Strange 1/2
Thor 1/2
Hulk 1/2
Black Widow 1/2
Spider-Man 1/2
Black Panther ½
Reply 1.
These might not be the 616 versions of the characters. They may be the MCU versions, or perhaps ones from a "Disney theme park" reality, as the Hong Kong Stark Expo is mentioned in Iron Man's bio.

David A. Zuckerman
March 22, 2019 12:43 pm

MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: CITY AT WAR #1
Peter Parker (Earth-1048) 1

David A. Zuckerman
March 29, 2019 12:26 pm

X-MEN BLACK
Magneto 1/2
Mojo 1/2
Mystique 1/2
Juggernaut 1/2
Emma Frost ½
Reply 1.
RV Cousin
Were this ones in the one-shots or only in the TBP ?
Reply a.
David A. Zuckerman
They are only in the TPB.

David A. Zuckerman
April 7, 2019 5:00 pm

ASGARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 1: THE INFINITY ARMADA
reprints the profiles from Asgardians of the Galaxy #1

WAR OF THE REALMS #1
map of the Ten Realms 2

David A. Zuckerman
April 21, 2019 2:20 pm

WAR OF THE REALMS: UNCANNY X-MEN #1
map of Midgard 2

David A. Zuckerman
May 1, 2019 5:59 pm

WAR OF THE REALMS #3
The New Kingdoms of Midgard map 2

David A. Zuckerman
May 10 2019 5:27 pm

CONAN THE BARBARIAN (2019) #6
untitled map ½ 

David A. Zuckerman
May 17, 2019 1:55 pm

courtesy of RV Cousin
AVENGERS #360
Black Knight 1
Sersi 1
Crystal 1
Coal Tiger 1
Swordsman 1
Magdalene 1
Sloth 1
Cassandra 1

David A. Zuckerman
May 29, 2019 3:24 pm

BLACK PANTHER (2018) #12
“Mother” Griot and the Djalia 1/5
Queen Sologon 1/5
Duke of Adowa 1/5
The Desturi 1/5
N’Yami 1/5

MARVEL COMICS: TIMELESS TALES
reprints the map from Ziggy Pig - Silly Seal Comics (2019) #1

MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: CITY AT WAR #3
Mary Jane Watson (Earth-1048) 1

SPIDER-MAN: SINISTER SIX (2009)
(all originally from Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1)
The Burglar 1 R
The Chameleon 1 R
The Vulture 1 R
The Terrible Tinkerer 1 R
Dr. Octopus 1 R
Sandman 1 R
Doctor Doom 1 R
The Lizard 1 R
The Living Brain 1 R
Electro 1 R
The Enforcers 1 R
Mysterio 1 R
The Green Goblin 1 R
Kraven the Hunter 1 R

SPIDER-MAN: SINISTER SIX (2019)
The Vulture 1 R
Dr. Octopus 1 R
Sandman 1 R
Electro 1 R
Mysterio 1 R
Kraven the Hunter 1R

SPIDER-MAN VS. MYSTERIO
Mysterio 1 R (from Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1)

David A. Zuckerman
May 31, 2009 7:55 am

AVENGERS (1998) #25
Tempest 1/4
Decay 1/4
Bedlam 1/4
Conquest 1/4
Inferno 1/4
Stonecutter 1/4
Carnivore 1/4

reprinted in:
AVENGERS VOL. 5: LIVING LEGENDS
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE VOL. 3
AVENGERS BY KURT BUSIEK & GEORGE PÉREZ OMNIBUS VOL. 2

David A. Zuckerman
June 20, 2019 1:35 pm

MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: CITY AT WAR #4
Otto Octavius (Earth-1048) 1

David A. Zuckerman
June 20, 2019 1:50 pm

courtesy of RV Cousin
AVENGERS (1998) #58
Iron Man
AVENGERS (1998) #59
Black Panther
AVENGERS (1998) #60
The Scarlet Witch
AVENGERS (1998) #61
Captain America
AVENGERS (1998) #62
Ant-Man
AVENGERS (1998) #63
Thor
AVENGERS (1998) #64
Henry Peter Gyrich
AVENGERS (1998) #65
The Vision
AVENGERS (1998) #66
Warbird
AVENGERS (1998) #67
Red Zone map
AVENGERS (1998) #68
Red Zone map
AVENGERS (1998) #69
The Red Skull
AVENGERS (1998) #71
The Wasp
AVENGERS (1998) #72
She-Hulk
AVENGERS (1998) #73
Jack of Hearts

David A. Zuckerman
June 26, 2019 1:16 pm

WAR OF THE REALMS #4
The New Kingdoms of Midgard map 2 R

WAR OF THE REALMS #5

X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN — X-TINCTION #2
Genosha (Reality-X-Men:Grand Design) map 1/8 N

David A. Zuckerman
July 3, 2019 1:53 pm

ADVENTURES OF THE X-MEN #3
Gambit 1

ADVENTURES OF THE X-MEN: CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGERS
Gambit 1 R
also reprints the X-Men Episode Guide from Adventures of the X-Men #11 and 12.

David A. Zuckerman
July 17, 2019 12:46 pm

MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: CITY AT WAR #5
Norman Osborn (Earth-1048) 1

David A. Zuckerman
July 26, 2019 6:04 pm

MARVEL SUPER SPECIAL #11
A Chart of Weirdworld 2 N
Weirdworld Map Legend (including The Great Northwestern Unknown Continent, Monster Isle, Mystic Isles, The Hard Land-Sea, The Frosty Sea, Klarn, Region of Shadow, The Heart of Evil, The Crooked Spines, The Crystal Caverns, Desert Shrand-Skim, Dwarf Haven, Darkhaunt Woods, Golden Glen, Rainbow Dells, Grithstane’s Cavern Abode, Village of Nanty-Glo, The Great Marsh, Lord Raven’s Keep, The City of Seven Dark Delights, Crater Lake, The Tomb of Limbo, Sky Steppes, Twin Demon Peaks, Goblin Spire, Flame-Moss Moor, Forbidden Lagoon & Nightmare Grotto, Perilous Isle) 3 N

MARVEL SUPER SPECIAL #13
A Chart of Weirdworld 2 R

EPIC ILLUSTRATED #9
A Chart of Weirdworld N

EPIC ILLUSTRATED #12
A Chart of Weirdworld R

EPIC ILLUSTRATED #13
A Chart of Weirdworld R

WEIRDWORLD: WARRIORS OF THE SHADOW REALM
A Chart of Weirdworld (Epic Illustrated version) R
A Chart of Weirdworld (Marvel Super Special version) 2 R
Weirdworld Map Legend 3 R

WEIRDWORLD: THE DRAGONMASTER OF KLARN
A Chart of Weirdworld (Epic Illustrated version) R

David A. Zuckerman
August 1, 2019 8:44 pm

LOKI (2010) #2
map of Yggdrasil and the Nine Realms 1 N

THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #13
map of Yggdrasil and the Nine Realms 2 N
(R in # 15, 16, 17)

MARVEL'S THOR: THE DARK WORLD PRELUDE tpb
map of Yggdrasil and the Nine Realms 2 R

THOR: GOD OF THUNDER VOL. 3—THE ACCURSED

THOR: ROAD TO WAR OF THE REALMS NO. 1 HALLOWEEN COMIC FEST 2018

THOR OF THE REALMS
map of Yggdrasil and the Nine Realms 1 R

David A. Zuckerman
August 16, 2019 10:11 am

AGENTS OF ATLAS (2019) #1
world map 2

BLACK PANTHER BOOK 7: THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA PART TWO
reprints the profiles from issues #7 and 12.

CONAN THE BARBARIAN: EXODUS #1
The Hyborian Age of Conan (map) 2

HOUSE OF X #1
The Flowers of Krakoa (including Human Drug L, Human Drug I, Human Drug M, Gateways, Habitat, No-Place) 2
Krakoa map 2
Omega Level 1

HOUSE OF X #2
The Many Lives of Moira X (timeline) 6

POWERS OF X #1
The Sinister Line (including Mutant Breeding Program, Chimera, Outliers, Betrayal) 3
The Khennil 1
Surviving Mutants (including Total Mutant Population Under the Man-Machine Supremacy, Sol Mutants) 2

POWERS OF X #2
Nimbus 2
Types of Societies [Planetary] (Machine, Hive, Intelligence) 1
Types of Societies [Galactic] (Technarch, Worldmind, Phalanx) 1

WAR OF THE REALMS tpb
map of the Ten Realms 2 R

David A. Zuckerman
August 23, 2019 3:05 pm

HAWKEYE: PRIVATE EYE
Kate’s Home & Ramone’s Store (floorplans) 1 R

MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: CITY AT WAR #6
Aunt May (Earth-1048) 1

POWERS OF X #3
The Ninth Life of Moira X (timeline) 6

David A. Zuckerman
September 1, 2019 10:59 am

HOUSE OF X #3
Machines—Sentinel to Nimrod Progression (including Sentinel [Alpha], Master Mold, Mother Mold, Omega Sentinel, Nimrod) 1
Project Achilles 1
Omega Cycle 1
Krakoan 1

MARVEL MONSTERS #1
(1 page schematic with facing-page illustration)
Fin Fang Foom
Hypno Creature
Man-Thing
Mangog
Space Beast
Manphibian
Zzutak
Ulvar
Monstro
Monsteroso

David A. Zuckerman
September 16, 2019 2:30 pm

CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS #59
“fixed” Tiger Sweet perfume bottle (schematic) ¼

David A. Zuckerman
September 22, 2019 12:11 pm

HOUSE OF X #5
Resurrection (including The Genetic Base, The Host, The Mind, Scale, Resurrection Protocol) 3
Mutant Diplomacy 1
Mutant Diplomacy [Map] 2

David A. Zuckerman
September 26, 2019 3:05 pm

BLACK PANTHER (2018) #16
Changamire 1/3
Tetu 1/3
Zenzi 1/3

POWERS OF X #5
Cerebro 1
The Quiet Council of Krakoa 2
Types of Societies [Universal] (including Titan, Stronghold, Dominion) 2

David A. Zuckerman
October 3, 2019 3:12 pm

GHOST RIDER #1 (2019)
Hell Is Other Places (including Hell, Limbo, Niffleheim, Eighth City, Below-Place, Sominus, Dark Dimension, Hades, Brimstone Dimension) 2

HOUSE OF X #6
The Quiet Council of Krakoa (including The Great Captains) 2
Krakoa maps (including Krakoa [Atlantic], Krakoa [Pacific]) 3

SAVAGE AVENGERS #6
2 maps of Antarctica, 1 page each

SPIDER-VERSE #1 (2019)
Spider-Requiem 1
The Spinster 1
V 1

David A. Zuckerman
October 10, 2019 5:07 pm

POWERS OF X #6
Branching Humanity (Homo superior, Homo sapiens, Homo novissima) 1

David A. Zuckerman
October 17, 2019 2:05 pm

ABSOLUTE CARNAGE #4 Cover E Mike Del Mundo Young Guns
Spider-Man Anti-Symbiote Suite schematic 1

X-MEN (2019) #1
Summer House 2

David A. Zuckerman
October 17, 2019 3:54 pm

MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: CITY AT WAR tpb
Peter Parker (Earth-1048) 1 R
Miles Morales (Earth-1048) 1 R
Mary Jane Watson (Earth-1048) 1 R
Otto Octavius (Earth-1048) 1 R
Norman Osborn (Earth-1048) 1 R
Aunt May (Earth-1048) 1 R

David A. Zuckerman
October 18, 2019 2:29 pm

KID COLT #1
Kid Colt’s Guns 1

David A. Zuckerman
October 31, 2019 1:01 pm

SAVAGE AVENGERS ANNUAL #1
Conan’s Journey (map) 1

David A. Zuckerman
November 6, 2019 5:15 pm

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #12
map of Manhattan 1

NEW MUTANTS (2019) #1
Benevolence 1

SAVAGE AVENGERS #7
Conan’s Journey (map) 1 U

X-FORCE (2019) #1
Security Features of Krakoa 1

David A. Zuckerman
November 13, 2019 1:10 pm

FALLEN ANGELS (2020) #1
Overclock 2

X-MEN (2019) #2
Summoner (including Summoner Minor, Summoner Adept, High Summoner) 1
Krakoa (+ Arak Coral) map 1

David A. Zuckerman
November 22, 2019 10:57 am

MARAUDERS #2
The Hellfire Trading Company (chart) 1

SPIDER-VERSE (2019) #2
Spidair 1
Sea-Spider 1
Spider-Sting 1

David A. Zuckerman
December 7, 2019 at 12:05 PM

NEW MUTANTS (2019) #2
Shi’ar Imperial Advisers 1

X-MEN (2019) #3
Hordeculture 1

David A. Zuckerman
December 13, 2019 at 12:00 PM

NEW MUTANTS (2019) #3
The Akademos Habitat (The Sextant) 1
Munus Motricium Dementia (MMD) 1

SPIDER-VERSE (2019) #3
Sun-Spider 1
Garden-Spider 1
White Widow 1

David A. Zuckerman
December 19, 2019 at 3:14 PM

EXCALIBUR (2019) #4
The Family Braddock (tree) 1

GWENPOOL STRIKES BACK #5
Gwendolyn Poole (Gwenpool) 1

MARVEL TALES: ANNIHILATION #1
Project: Pegasus 1 R (from Marvel Two-in-One #53)

NEW MUTANTS (2019) #4
Costa Perdita 1

X-FORCE (2019) #4
The Portfolio of Charles Xavier 1

David A. Zuckerman
December 19, 2019 at 3:15 PM ·

HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #6

Appendix—Individuals:
(2 pages total)
Agent Venom/Agent Anti-Venom
America
Angela
Ant-Man (Lang)
Ant-Man (O’Grady)
Arabian Knight
Araña/Spider-Girl
Balder
Bengal
Black Axe
Black Knight
Blackwulf
Blazing Skull
Blitzkrieg
Elsa Bloodstone
Brainstorm
Abigail Brand
Brother Voodoo
Captain Britain
Captain Savage
Captain Universe
Century
Collective Man
Comet Man
Cosmic Ghost Rider
Cypher
Darkhawk
Death’s Head (FPA)
Death’s Head (Minion)
Doc Samson
Frankenstein’s Monster
Gargoyle
Gateway
Generic Super Hero
Genis-Vell
Goliath
Gravity
Havok
Hellcat
Daimon Hellstrom
Hercules
Maria Hill
It, the Living Colossus
Jack of Hearts
Jocasta
Misty Knight
Lightning
Living Mummy
Lockheed
Longshot
Madame Web
Magma
Man-Wolf
Manifold
Manphibian
Night Raven
Nighthawk
Dakota North
Old Man Logan
Omega the Unknown
Peregrine
Pip the Troll
Polaris
Prowler
Psylocke
Quake
Rage
Red Wolf
Redwing
Rocket Racer
Sabra
Satana
Scarecrow/Straw Man
Sersi
Shamrock
Shroud
Shuri
Silhouette
Silver Sable
Skaar
Skull the Slayer
Slapstick
Sleepwalker
Squirrel Girl
Steel Spider
Stingray
Sun Girl (Burke)
Sun Girl (Mitchell)
Talisman
Terror
3-D Man
Thunderstrike
U.S. Archer
U.S.Agent
Warlock
White Tiger
Colleen Wing
X-Man
Zombie

Appendix—Groups:
(1 page total)
Agents of Atlas
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Big Hero 6
Champions (1970s)
Champions (2010s)
Clan Destine
Damage Control
Enigma Force
Exiles
Great Lakes Avengers
Imperial Guard
Nextwave Squad
Slingers
Squadron Supreme
Starjammers
Warrior Three
Winter Guard
X-Factor Investigations
X-Men (Deadly Genesis)
X-Terminators
Young Avengers

David A. Zuckerman
December 21, 2019 at 11:10 am

X-MEN SURVIVAL GUIDE TO THE MANSION
Code of Ethics 2
Beltpack Equipment 2
Spacesuit 1.5
Uniform 2
Security on the Estate Grounds 2
Security Inside the Mansion (including Cerebro Security, Security Doors, War Room Security, Danger Room Security) 2
The Mansion 4
Living Quarters and Game Room 2
The Morlock Tunnels 2
The Hanger and Blackbird 4
Danger Room Programs 2
Combat Operations Center and the War Room 6
The Danger Room 4
Danger Room Control Annex 2
Cerebro 2
Professor X’s Ready Room 2
Med-Lab 2
Mansion Power Systems and Fire Hazards 2
Muir Island 2
Massachusetts Academy 1

Reprinted in X-MEN: SHATTERSHOT.

David A. Zuckerman
January 1, 2020 11:12 am

MARAUDERS #5
Homines Verendi (chart) 1

X-MEN (2019) #4
Krakoan Captains 1

Last edited by zuckyd1 (2/29/2020 8:55 am)

1/09/2020 9:50 am  #5

Everything is back up now for this thread that I could find. Unfortunately I had fallen way behind on this thread on Capes(Optional) so unfortunately anything on my To Do list there is now on my To Don't List unless it gets reposted here, in which case it will be a priority for me. Anything from Facebook will hopefully be tackled soon.

A few reminders: I'll only add stuff to the top if I thing it's a poster or could pass for one. So nothing under 1/4 page.

Also, as per Facebook, in honour of the more informal nature of the entries to include the exact title. For example, FF Annual #5 doesn't have a profile called Gorgon; it does however have a profile called The Gentleman's Name is... Gorgon!

NEW RULE: if you haven't seen the poster etc firsthand and don't know the title, please include that in your notes. My concern is there might be a lot of incorrect titles in the list. Since many of the earliest such entries were written by Stan Lee and his immediate successors, I want to convey that sense of fun and give this thread an identity separate from the master List and Sightings thread.

1/25/2020 10:12 am  #6

2020 IRON MANUAL #1
Iron Man (Arno Stark) 1
Iron Man (Tony Stark) 1
Machine Man 1
Jocasta 1
A.I. Army 1
E.X.E. Agents 1
Sunset Bain 1
Baintronics 1
Mad Thinker 1
Awesome Android 1
Quasimodo 1
Machinesmith 1
H.E.R.B.I.E. 1
Albert & Elsie-Dee 1
Ironheart 1
Dreadnoughts 1
Life-Model Decoys 1
Rescue 1
War Machine 1
Force Works 1 

ABSOLUTE CARNAGE tpb
Spider-Man Anti-Symbiote Suite schematic 1/4 R (originally from Absolute Carnage #4 Cover E Mike Del Mundo Young Guns)

AGENTS OF ATLAS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 2
Agent Derek Khanata 1 R (originally from Agents of Atlas #6)

EXCALIBUR (2019) #6
Conquered Avalon 1 

NEW MUTANTS (2019) #5
Shi’ar Death Commandos (including Black Cloak, Flaw, D’Evo, Hypernova, Krait, Offset, Sega, Shell, Warshot) 2 

X-FORCE (2019) #5
The MERCs 1

Last edited by zuckyd1 (1/25/2020 11:03 am)

1/25/2020 10:27 am  #7

GIANT SIZE CONAN #1
The High Point of the Empire of Acheron - Circa 13,000 B.C. 2

CONAN: THE HOUR OF THE DRAGON
The High Point of the Empire of Acheron - Circa 13,000 B.C. 2 R (originally from Giant Size Conan #1)

BLACK WIDOW: HOMECOMING
Black Widow 1/2
Nick Fury 1/2

BLACK WIDOW: THE THINGS THEY SAY ABOUT HER
Black Widow 1/2 R (originally from Black Widow: Homecoming)
Nick Fury 1/2 R (originally from Black Widow: Homecoming)
Daredevil 1/2
Yelena Belova 1/2

BLACK WIDOW: WELCOME TO THE GAME
Black Widow 1/2 R (originally from Black Widow: Homecoming)
Nick Fury 1/2 R (originally from Black Widow: Homecoming)
Daredevil 1/2 R (orignally from Black Widow: The Things They Say About Her)
Yelena Belova 1/2 R (orignally from Black Widow: The Things They Say About Her)

Last edited by zuckyd1 (1/25/2020 11:05 am)

1/25/2020 10:35 am  #8

I'll go through these when I'm more caught up on moving threads and other stuff, but for this thread, for reprints can you list the source please for easy adding? Unlike Handbook profiles, it's rare for a single Poster to be plucked from a book with multiple Profiles, so I try to only note reprints in the top thread in the context of the source material. Example:
Captain Marvel #27 (July 1973) [Essential Captain Marvel v2, Captain Marvel by Jim Starlin: The Complete Collection tpb] Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Titan! * But Were Afraid to Ask

Last edited by Andy E. Nystrom (1/25/2020 10:35 am)

1/25/2020 11:00 am  #9

3-D ACTION #1
Big Brass Hill (map) 1/3

BATTLE BRADY #10
The Flamethrower (schematic) 1/3

BATTLE BRADY #11
Fragmentation Hand Grenade Mk. II (schematic) 2/9

BATTLE BRADY #13
The Garand M-I Rifle (schematic) 1/3

JUNGLE ACTION (1954) #1
map to uranium mine 1/12

JUNGLE ACTION (1972) #1
map to uranium mine 1/12 R (originally from Jungle Action (1954) #1)

THE OUTLAW KID #1
map of Texas (non-fictional) 1/2

Last edited by zuckyd1 (1/25/2020 11:06 am)

1/29/2020 5:50 pm  #10

COMBAT KELLY (1951) #25
map of southwestern United States 1/6

COMBAT KELLY (1951) #27
“big map of South Korea on the wall” (seen in two panels)
The Anti-Tank Rifle Grenade M9AI (schematic) 2/9
map of Sicily

NEW MUTANTS (2019) #6
The Bohem Cartel 1

SPIDER-VERSE (2019) #4
Ren 1
Spinner 1
Hallow 1

X-FORCE (2019) #6
Terra Verde 1

2/07/2020 8:58 am  #11

SPIDER-VERSE (2019) #5
Spider-Ramen 1
Spider-Spy 1
Spider-Wool 1

X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR (2020) #1
Godpower (diagram) 1/

2/12/2020 1:22 pm  #12

DAWN OF X VOL. 1
Summer House 2 R (X-Men (2019) #1)
Benevolence 1 R (New Mutants (2019) #1)
Security Features of Krakoa 1 R (X-Force (2019) #1)

EXCALIBUR (2019) #7
Warwolf 1

Last edited by zuckyd1 (8/26/2020 9:59 am)

2/14/2020 5:55 am  #13

Updating the list:

? [Captain America Epic Collection v16: Streets of Poison] Serpent Society

Does anyone know the source?

Backpack Marvels : Avengers Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch

Is this the same as Avengers: Nights of Wundagore listed here? https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Backpack_Marvels_Vol_1

The Best of Spidey Super Stories (1978) Let’s Pay a Visit to Peter Parker’s Place, Let’s See Some More of… Peter Parker’s Place [were either of these reprinted from Spidey Super Stories?]

Following up on the above query.

David A. Zuckerman wrote:

BLACK PANTHER (2018) #2
(all on 1 page)
T’Challa
Nakia
N’Yami
M’Baku
Taku

AVENGERS NO ROAD HOME #2 (all on 1 page) The Twins—Apate (Deceit) and Dolos (Trickery) Nyx (Night) Hypnos (Sleep) Oizys (Misery) 

For each issue, are these combo posters for all of the above or separate capsules? I'll fold into the full list if the former but leave out if the latter, as capsule entries aren't really posters. They can still be noted here because they don't really fit anywhere else, but I'm only adding actual posters/pin-ups to the top section.

SHURI #1
Wakanda 1 R

MARVEL RISING tpb
Ember Cavanagh Quade 1 R

What's the source for these?

AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER tpb reprints the profiles from Avengers #675-678 and 681.

Which proifiles are those? If you listed those before they were probably a casualty of the Capes (Optional) crash.

The Burglar 1 R
The Chameleon 1 R
The Vulture 1 R
Dr. Octopus 1 R
Sandman 1 R
Doctor Doom 1 R
The Lizard 1 R
The Living Brain 1 R
Electro 1 R
The Enforcers 1 R
Mysterio 1 R
The Green Goblin 1 R
Kraven the Hunter 1 R

The Vulture 1 R
Dr. Octopus 1 R
Sandman 1 R
Electro 1 R
Mysterio 1 R
Kraven the Hunter 1R

Listed twice, once with the entire contents and once with just the Sinister 6 members. Which is correct?

David A. Zuckerman, courtesy of RV Cousin wrote:

AVENGERS (1998) #58
Iron Man
AVENGERS (1998) #59
Black Panther
AVENGERS (1998) #60
The Scarlet Witch
AVENGERS (1998) #61
Captain America
AVENGERS (1998) #62
Ant-Man
AVENGERS (1998) #63
Thor
AVENGERS (1998) #64
Henry Peter Gyrich
AVENGERS (1998) #65
The Vision
AVENGERS (1998) #66
Warbird
AVENGERS (1998) #67
Red Zone map
AVENGERS (1998) #68
Red Zone map
AVENGERS (1998) #69
The Red Skull
AVENGERS (1998) #71
The Wasp
AVENGERS (1998) #72
She-Hulk
AVENGERS (1998) #73
Jack of Hearts

I knew this would create a problem sooner or later: the Handbooks and related works use the indicia dates to determine the year, while Marvel as a whole uses the year of the first year for the entire run. Because we're a Handbook-centred site, we follow their lead, so the issues above are actually from 2002-2003, not 1998. Likewise, Avengers #25 is 2000, not 1998. Don't worry about fixing years already listed as I'm going through all dates where this isn't a month already listed, but know for the future. Also include indicia months if possible please.

THOR OF THE REALMS

Is the first one the one from the Deluxe Edition? If so it can go in Sightings, as with any maps that are Handbook style

KID COLT #1 Kid Colt’s Guns 1

Which series?

Thx in advance.

Last edited by Andy E. Nystrom (2/14/2020 9:27 am)

2/14/2020 9:40 am  #14

Have to stop for now due to other commitments, but added in what I could (except where entries too small to count) and started adding dates. Will add in more dates once I get home later today.

2/14/2020 10:50 am  #15

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Updating the list:

? [Captain America Epic Collection v16: Streets of Poison] Serpent Society

Does anyone know the source?

Captain America Annual #10
It should be “The Serpent Society!”
There are two other pin-ups in that annual, but they have no text apart from the names.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Backpack Marvels : Avengers Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch

Is this the same as Avengers: Nights of Wundagore listed here? https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Backpack_Marvels_Vol_1

Yes. The title in the indicia is Backpack Marvels: Avengers.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

The Best of Spidey Super Stories (1978) Let’s Pay a Visit to Peter Parker’s Place, Let’s See Some More of… Peter Parker’s Place [were either of these reprinted from Spidey Super Stories?]

Following up on the above query.

They’re both from Spidey Super Stories #2.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

BLACK PANTHER (2018) #2
(all on 1 page)
T’Challa
Nakia
N’Yami
M’Baku
Taku

AVENGERS NO ROAD HOME #2 (all on 1 page) The Twins—Apate (Deceit) and Dolos (Trickery) Nyx (Night) Hypnos (Sleep) Oizys (Misery) 

For each issue, are these combo posters for all of the above or separate capsules? I'll fold into the full list if the former but leave out if the latter, as capsule entries aren't really posters. They can still be noted here because they don't really fit anywhere else, but I'm only adding actual posters/pin-ups to the top section.

I think they would probably count as capsules.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

SHURI #1
Wakanda 1 R

MARVEL RISING tpb
Ember Cavanagh Quade 1 R

What's the source for these?

Black Panther (2016) #4, Marvel Rising #0, and Hawkeye: Kate Bishop Vol. 2—Masks.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER tpb reprints the profiles from Avengers #675-678 and 681.

Which proifiles are those? If you listed those before they were probably a casualty of the Capes (Optional) crash.

AVENGERS #675
“Spotlight on the Avengers” (capsules, 1/2 page total)
Falcon
Thor
Hercules
Vision
Wasp
Spider-Man
Edwin Jarvis

AVENGERS #676
“Spotlight on the Black Order and Lethal Legion” (capsules, 1 page total)
The Lethal Legion (Mentacle, Drall - Gladiator From Beyond the Stars, Ferene the Other, Captain Glory, Metal Master, The Blood Brothers)
The Black Order (Corvus Glaive, Black Dwarf, Supergiant, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, Black Swan)

AVENGERS #677
“Spotlight on the Unity Squad” (capsules, 1/2 page total)
Rogue
Doctor Voodoo
Human Torch
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Synapse
Beast
Wonder Man
Wasp

AVENGERS #678
“Spotlight on the U.S. Avengers” (capsules, 1/2 page total)
Citizen V
Cannonball
Red Hulk
Enigma
Iron Patriot
Squirrel Girl

AVENGERS #681
“Spotlight on the Occupy Avengers” (capsules, 1/3 page total)
Hawkeye
Red Wolf

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

The Burglar 1 R
The Chameleon 1 R
The Vulture 1 R
Dr. Octopus 1 R
Sandman 1 R
Doctor Doom 1 R
The Lizard 1 R
The Living Brain 1 R
Electro 1 R
The Enforcers 1 R
Mysterio 1 R
The Green Goblin 1 R
Kraven the Hunter 1 R

The Vulture 1 R
Dr. Octopus 1 R
Sandman 1 R
Electro 1 R
Mysterio 1 R
Kraven the Hunter 1R

Listed twice, once with the entire contents and once with just the Sinister 6 members. Which is correct?

They both are. Two different editions, one from 2009 and one from 2019.
https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Sinister-Six/dp/078513798X/
https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Sinister-Six-Stan-Lee/dp/1302917366/

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

THOR OF THE REALMS

Is the first one the one from the Deluxe Edition? If so it can go in Sightings, as with any maps that are Handbook style

No. The first one is from Loki (2010 volume) #2. The second one is from Thor: God of Thunder #13.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

KID COLT #1 Kid Colt’s Guns 1

Which series?

The one from 1948.

Last edited by zuckyd1 (2/14/2020 10:55 am)

2/14/2020 1:19 pm  #16

Thanks for all the info. My mind played tricks on me with the two Sinister Six books since they were a decade apart.

2/14/2020 2:26 pm  #17

More questions:

Nomad #3 SICAEL Gun

The mini-series or ongoing?

Marvel Vs. DC Elektra, Jubilee, Namor The Sub-Mariner, Silver Surfer, Thor

Motormouth Warheads, MOPED Unit

Does anyone know the issue number for these? Looks like the posts that might have had the info were vaporized in the Capes (Optional) crash.

Secret Warriors #1 Hydra

April 2009 or July 2017?

Thx in advance.

2/14/2020 2:57 pm  #18

Beyond the above questions, as well as the info vaporized in the Capes (Optional) crash, list updated!

2/14/2020 3:36 pm  #19

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Nomad #3 SICAEL Gun

The mini-series or ongoing?

The mini. And it should be S.I.C.C.A.E.L. Gun.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Marvel Vs. DC Elektra, Jubilee, Namor The Sub-Mariner, Silver Surfer, Thor

Those are from Marvel Versus DC/DC Versus Marvel #2. The printed order (including DC characters) is: Jubilee, Robin, The Flash, Quicksilver, Thor, Captain Marvel, Catwoman, Elektra, Silver Surfer, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Sub-Mariner.
There are also profiles in issue #1 (which are reprints from the Consumer Preview giveaway).

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Motormouth Warheads, MOPED Unit

Does anyone know the issue number for these? Looks like the posts that might have had the info were vaporized in the Capes (Optional) crash.

#1 Warheads 2
#2 Motormouth (including Killpower) 2
#3 Hell's Angel 2
#4 The M.O.P.E.D. Unit Fact File 2

Motormouth (including Killpower) is reprinted in Warheads #3.
Hell's Angel was simultaneoulsy printed in Hell's Angel #2.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Secret Warriors #1 Hydra

April 2009 or July 2017?

EDIT: Hell's Angel #2 came out a week earlier than Motormouth #3, so I guess the latter is the reprint.

Last edited by zuckyd1 (2/14/2020 3:40 pm)

2/14/2020 5:54 pm  #20

zuckyd1 wrote:

There are also profiles in issue #1 (which are reprints from the Consumer Preview giveaway).

Thank you. I've tweaked the listing under the D's (for DC Versus Marvel; titles alternated). Made the other changes as well.

2/19/2020 2:38 pm  #21

GWENPOOL STRIKES BACK tpb
Gwendolyn Poole (Gwenpool) 1 R (from Gwenpool Strikes Back #5)

WOLVERINE (2020) #1
Pollen 1
The Order of X 1

2/26/2020 1:49 pm  #22

CONAN THE BARBARIAN #13 (April 2020)
untitled map 1/2

DAWN OF X VOL. 2 (2020)
Summoner (including Summoner Minor, Summoner Adept, High Summoner) 1 R (from X-Men (2019) #2)
Krakoa (+ Arak Coral) map 1 R (from X-Men (2019) #2)
The Hellfire Trading Company (chart) 1 R (from Marauders #2)
Shi’ar Imperial Advisers 1 R (from New Mutants (2019) #2)

NEW MUTANTS #8 (April 2020)
Nova Roma 1

3/04/2020 1:42 pm  #23

SPIDER-MAN NOIR #1 (May 2020)
2 untitled maps 1/2 page each
(These maps serve as the page background and show Spider-Man's travel route. They are otherwise non-fictional and probably not worth listing atop.)

SPIDER-VERSE #6 (May 2020)
Spider-Manly 1
Web-Witch 1
Recluse 1

3/06/2020 9:35 am  #24

Updated the first post.

3/13/2020 8:29 am  #25

DAWN OF X VOL. 3 (2020)
Hordeculture 1 R (from X-Men (2019) #3)
The Akademos Habitat (The Sextant) 1 R (from New Mutants (2019) #3)
Munus Motricium Dementia (MMD) 1 R (from New Mutants (2019) #3)

NEW MUTANTS #9 (May 2020)
Carnelia 1

4/07/2020 2:56 pm  #26

DAWN OF X VOL. 4 (2020) presumably reprints the profiles from Excalibur #4, New Mutants #4, X-Force #4, and X-Men #4.

EXCALIBUR #9 (May 2020)
The Starlight Citadel 1

HISTORY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE TREASURY EDITION (2020)
Appendix—Individuals 2 R
Appendix—Groups 1 R

NEW MUTANTS BY JONATHAN HICKMAN VOL. 1 (2020) presumably reprints the profiles from New Mutants (2019) #1-6.

X-MEN #9 (May 2020)
The Eyes of the Supremor (including Brood) 1
The King Egg 1

X-MEN/FANTASTIC FOUR #3 (May 2020)
Doom Island (map) 1

4/25/2020 1:21 am  #27

Avengers Annual #18 also had profiles : they are Cap's Avengerability Analysis (or Captain America's personnel evalutations). they're all 1/2 pages
Thor
Iron Man
Hank Pym
Wasp
Scarlet Witch
Vision
Hawkeye
Black Panther
She-Hulk
Wonder Man
Tigra
Black Knight

4/27/2020 4:21 pm  #28

I added in the info from zuckyd1 and RVcousin, corrected the Spectacular Spider-Man Annual info, and added in Ka-Zar info.

4/28/2020 12:15 pm  #29

Avengers v3 #56 : Beryllium (it's a file appearing on an Avengers Computer's screen)

4/28/2020 12:32 pm  #30

Back in 2016, to promote Monsters Unleashed limited, Marvel published online fictional trading cards.
Do you know if they were published somewhere because they truly deserve a spot here ?
A seventh card was created to promote the regular series.
https://www.newsarama.com/31783-6-new-marvel-monsters-for-monsters-unleashed-in-trading-card-format-with-power-rankings.html

Board footera