Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2023 8:07 am  #1

The Fly (Earth-Hostess)

The Fly is a character that was created by Hostess for their advertisements and has not been officially incorporated into the Marvel Universe. As a result, there is no existing profile for the Fly in the format of the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe. However, I can create a fictional profile for the character based on his appearance in the Hostess ads:

THE FLY

Aliases: None

Identity: Secret

Base of Operations: Unknown

First Appearance: Hostess ad featuring Spider-Man and the Fly (1978)

History: The Fly is a criminal who possesses the ability to fly, as well as enhanced strength and agility. He was first encountered by Spider-Man when he attempted to steal a truck filled with Hostess snacks. The Fly used his abilities to try and evade the hero, but was ultimately defeated when Spider-Man used a package of Hostess cupcakes to distract him.

Despite his defeat, the Fly continued to appear in Hostess ads, always attempting to steal Hostess snacks and always being foiled by various superheroes.

Powers/Abilities: The Fly has the ability to fly, as well as enhanced strength and agility. He is also skilled in hand-to-hand combat.

Equipment: None

Weaknesses: The Fly's powers are limited to his ability to fly and his enhanced physical abilities. He is vulnerable to attacks that target him directly and does not have any significant energy or defensive powers.

Threat Level: Street-Level

Notes: The Fly is a minor criminal who has only appeared in Hostess ads. His powers are limited and he has never posed a serious threat to any of the superheroes he has encountered.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

3/18/2023 8:09 am  #2

Re: The Fly (Earth-Hostess)

He only appeared in the one ad, which opened with him already having captured Spider-Man. he was defeated with Twinkies not cupcakes.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera