Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2023 9:28 am  #1

Rom (Toy)

ROM, THE SPACEKNIGHT

Aliases: None

Identity: Rom is a cyborg alien with a highly advanced artificial intelligence.

Base of Operations: Mobile, formerly Galador

First Appearance: ROM: Spaceknight #1 (December 1979)

History: Rom is a heroic Spaceknight from the planet Galador, a world that was threatened by the evil Dire Wraiths. Rom and his fellow Spaceknights sacrificed their humanity to become cyborgs and protect their planet from the Wraiths. Rom was sent to Earth to continue his mission of stopping the Wraiths from taking over the planet.

Upon arriving on Earth, Rom was mistaken for a hostile alien and battled against the human superhero team, the Fantastic Four. Once the misunderstanding was cleared up, Rom began working alongside the humans to stop the Wraiths. Along the way, Rom encountered other Marvel heroes, such as the X-Men and the Avengers, and formed alliances with them to battle the Wraiths.

Eventually, Rom was forced to confront the Wraiths' leader, the Dire Wraith Queen, and sacrificed his own body to defeat her. However, his spirit lived on and he continued to battle the Wraiths in a non-physical form, inspiring other Galadorians to join the fight against the Wraiths.

Powers/Abilities: Rom possesses a variety of advanced technological abilities, including enhanced strength, agility, and durability. He also has a powerful energy blast, a universal translator, and the ability to fly and travel through space. Rom's cyborg body is highly resistant to most forms of damage and can repair itself over time.

Equipment: Rom is equipped with a variety of advanced weapons and devices, including a neutralizer gun that can disintegrate Dire Wraiths and their illusions, a translator device that allows him to communicate with any language, and a jetpack that allows him to fly.

Weaknesses: Rom's life energy is limited, and he must periodically return to Galador in order to recharge. He is also vulnerable to magic, which can disrupt his advanced technology.

Threat Level: Cosmic-Level

Notes: Rom was originally a toy created by Parker Brothers in the late 1970s. Marvel Comics created a comic book series to accompany the toy and flesh out the character's backstory and adventures. Although the toy was not a commercial success, the comic series gained a cult following and is still beloved by many fans today.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

3/18/2023 9:30 am  #2

Re: Rom (Toy)

While they are arguably the same character, I was aiming more for his depiction in the 1979 commercial which I think slightly preceded the comic than the Marvel version.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera