Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2020 9:22 am  #31

Re: Multiversal Kevin Bacon

From
Disney's Fairy Godmother

to 
Scary Godmother

1/06/2020 11:09 am  #32

Bump.

Loki wrote:

From
BANANAMAN

to
COWBOY GORILLA

1/06/2020 11:16 am  #33

From
Captain Pugwash

to
Captain Jack Dancer

Last edited by Loki (1/06/2020 11:17 am)

1/06/2020 11:35 am  #34

Loki wrote:

Bump.

Loki wrote:

From
BANANAMAN

to
COWBOY GORILLA

I might attempt this one at some point, but it seems like it will involve connecting through classic British comics, which—not knowing much about them—I find rather confusing.
On the other hand, it might be a good way to learn more about them ;)

1/06/2020 11:37 am  #35

Dammit, if you keep distracting me like this I'll never get the old Non-Marvel Handbooks thread reuploaded! 

1/06/2020 11:40 am  #36

zuckyd1 wrote:

Dammit, if you keep distracting me like this I'll never get the old Non-Marvel Handbooks thread reuploaded! 

Heh.

1/06/2020 12:25 pm  #37

zuckyd1 wrote:

Loki wrote:

Bump.

Loki wrote:

From
BANANAMAN

to
COWBOY GORILLA

I might attempt this one at some point, but it seems like it will involve connecting through classic British comics, which—not knowing much about them—I find rather confusing.
On the other hand, it might be a good way to learn more about them ;)

Yeah, I admit that I have a penchant for using British characters, not least because I keep discovering interesting and often surprising connectors between them as I trawl through old titles. This is at least in part down to the fact that in the weekly anthologies, the most common type of older British comics, the lines between strips, especially the humour ones, become...blurred. It's not uncommon for characters to just randomly cross over into one another's strips. So I'll drop the hint - if you want to find a route to get from Bananaman to further out in the Omniverse, first look at some of his stablemates in the titles he has appeared in.

1/06/2020 7:55 pm  #38

Loki wrote:

From
Disney's Fairy Godmother

to 
Scary Godmother

1) The Fairy Godmother and Winnie the Pooh both appeared in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

2) Winnie the Pooh and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles both appeared in Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue.

3) The Turtles have met Usagi Yojimbo many times.

[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/612h5dJ%2BSWL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/img]

4) Usagi Yojimbo and Scary Godmother both appeared in Nocturnals: Troll Bridge.

[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51B8IKFf77L._SX344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/img]

1/07/2020 9:27 am  #39

From

CHEYENNE

to

OMAHA

1/07/2020 10:43 am  #40

zuckyd1 wrote:

Loki wrote:

From
Disney's Fairy Godmother

to 
Scary Godmother

1) The Fairy Godmother and Winnie the Pooh both appeared in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

2) Winnie the Pooh and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles both appeared in Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue.

3) The Turtles have met Usagi Yojimbo many times.

[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/612h5dJ%2BSWL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/img]

4) Usagi Yojimbo and Scary Godmother both appeared in Nocturnals: Troll Bridge.

[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51B8IKFf77L._SX344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/img]

Yep, great linkage, I can't better that. I wondered who else knew about Scary Godmother's appearance in Troll Bridge - online sites such as Comicvine and Comics.org don't have the cameos in that indexed.

1/07/2020 11:57 am  #41

zuckyd1 wrote:

From

CHEYENNE

to

OMAHA

1) Cheyenne and Bart Maverick both appeared in The Gambler Returns: The Luck of the Draw
2) Bart and his brother Bret Maverick shared the occasional team-up the their titular show.
3) Bret appeared alongside Pinky and the Brain in Pinky and the Brain#5.
4) Pinky appeared alongside Wakko Warner in Wakko's Wish, a direct to video Animaniacs movie (and probably in other Animaniacs episodes, but this one I know for sure)
5) Wakko (and his siblings) starred in Garage Sale of the Century in Animaniacs episode 12 - and in it there is a crowd scene that includes Batman
6) Batman met the TMNT in the Batman/TMNT cartoon
7) The TMNT visited Munden's Bar in Grimjack #26 and met barman Gordon Munden
8) Gordon Munden met Omaha when she visited the bar in Munden's Bar Annual #2

I can't help thinking there's going to be a shorter route than this however.

1/07/2020 12:16 pm  #42

Okay, I freely admit this one is intended to be challenging, as it takes us outside of all the previously utilized mediums - the linkage might dip through comics, books, TV, etc, but it neither starts there nor ends there.
From
Coriolis

to
Iron Maiden

1/07/2020 7:59 pm  #43

Loki wrote:

From
Captain Pugwash

to
Captain Jack Dancer

1) Captain Pugwash met the First Doctor in a 1965 Radio Times strip.

2) The Seventh Doctor met Death’s Head in Doctor Who Magazine #135.

3) Death’s Head met Spider-Man in Avenging Spider-Man #17.

4) Spider-Man has met Batman.

5) Batman has met Judge Dredd.

6) Judge Dredd has met Aimee Nixon.

7) Aimee Nixon and Stickleback were seen playing cards in 2000 AD #2000. 

8) Stickleback has met Doctor Orlando Doyle

9) Orlando Doyle has met Captain Jack Dancer.

You could also cut out most of the steps by virtue of Orlando Doyle owning specimens of several Doctor Who species.

Last edited by zuckyd1 (1/07/2020 8:00 pm)

1/07/2020 8:05 pm  #44

Loki wrote:

I wondered who else knew about Scary Godmother's appearance in Troll Bridge - online sites such as Comicvine and Comics.org don't have the cameos in that indexed.

Well I didn't even know who Scary Godmother was until you brought her up!

Last edited by zuckyd1 (1/07/2020 8:05 pm)

1/07/2020 8:12 pm  #45

Loki wrote:

zuckyd1 wrote:

From

CHEYENNE

to

OMAHA

1) Cheyenne and Bart Maverick both appeared in The Gambler Returns: The Luck of the Draw
2) Bart and his brother Bret Maverick shared the occasional team-up the their titular show.
3) Bret appeared alongside Pinky and the Brain in Pinky and the Brain#5.
4) Pinky appeared alongside Wakko Warner in Wakko's Wish, a direct to video Animaniacs movie (and probably in other Animaniacs episodes, but this one I know for sure)
5) Wakko (and his siblings) starred in Garage Sale of the Century in Animaniacs episode 12 - and in it there is a crowd scene that includes Batman
6) Batman met the TMNT in the Batman/TMNT cartoon
7) The TMNT visited Munden's Bar in Grimjack #26 and met barman Gordon Munden
8) Gordon Munden met Omaha when she visited the bar in Munden's Bar Annual #2

I can't help thinking there's going to be a shorter route than this however.

Possibly. I didn't map out the route myself. But I didn't know about the Pinky and the Brain connection, so I probably would have had to utilize some unofficial Wold Newton appearances.

1/07/2020 8:36 pm  #46

This one is probably not too difficult.

From

JOSIE

to

JEM

1/08/2020 8:13 am  #47

zuckyd1 wrote:

Loki wrote:

From
Captain Pugwash
to
Captain Jack Dancer

1) Captain Pugwash met the First Doctor in a 1965 Radio Times strip.

2) The Seventh Doctor met Death’s Head in Doctor Who Magazine #135.

3) Death’s Head met Spider-Man in Avenging Spider-Man #17.

4) Spider-Man has met Batman.

5) Batman has met Judge Dredd.

6) Judge Dredd has met Aimee Nixon.

7) Aimee Nixon and Stickleback were seen playing cards in 2000 AD #2000. 

8) Stickleback has met Doctor Orlando Doyle

9) Orlando Doyle has met Captain Jack Dancer.

Solid route. It could be cut down though, as the Doctor has been in the same comic as Spider-Man (Incomplete Death's Head#12 - he's tiny, but he's there; or DWM#292 - the Doctor gets glimpses of alternate realities, one of which includes Spider-Man punching Doc Ock), and as Judge Dredd - remember the Comic Relief Comic I've used a few times in prior routes? He and Dredd don't meet face to face, but both are in the story, and even if we insisted on face to face meetings, in the Doctor's segment he meets Dan Dare, and Dare is in the segment with Dredd as well.

You should check out the Comic Relief Comic - it provides a ridiculous number of links between British and American characters, including many UK comedy shows and real life figures - and it's all authorized as everyone gave permission due to it being for charity. 

The Prog 2000 link between Aimee Nixon and Stickleback is good, but that same story actually provides an even shorter route - the tale is segmented across the issue as Tharg visits various 2000AD characters, and Dredd is in the first installment. 

So between these you could go
Pugwash to Doctor
Doctor to Dredd
Dredd to Stickleback
Stickleback to Orlando
Orlando to Jack

But with all that said...

zuckyd1 wrote:

You could also cut out most of the steps by virtue of Orlando Doyle owning specimens of several Doctor Who species.

While I'm a touch less comfortable using alien races as a link, given the Zarbi (the ant creatures) are both in this picture and the Pugwash strip, I think we've got to permit this one. Excellent shortcut. 

1/08/2020 8:32 am  #48

zuckyd1 wrote:

This one is probably not too difficult.

From

JOSIE

to

JEM

Hmm.
1) Josie and Wolverine were both in Punisher meets Archie
2) Wolverine met Optimus Prime in New Avengers/Transformers

3) Optimus and Jem both appeared in Unit.E

Last edited by Loki (1/08/2020 8:46 am)

1/09/2020 10:07 am  #49

From 
Luke Skywalker

TO
the Doctor
[img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/e02a49ba-de5a-4bed-8609-59ab5fb309c4/dbxupjl-e3060c91-8297-4f2b-a811-de48e2514e7a.jpg/v1/fill/w_1057,h_756,q_70,strp/the_doctors__2018__by_paulhanley_dbxupjl-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Nzg3IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZTAyYTQ5YmEtZGU1YS00YmVkLTg2MDktNTlhYjVmYjMwOWM0XC9kYnh1cGpsLWUzMDYwYzkxLTgyOTctNGYyYi1hODExLWRlNDhlMjUxNGU3YS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTEwMCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.6ZvxqOUuZnnEXvalkvKYS2yT2Eu_w1lkhIpg6dLjsf8[/img]

1/09/2020 10:23 am  #50

From Geezel

to
Vin Diesel

I should add - since I believe the only route available to Vin Diesel involves what might be an unauthorized appearance, I'm willing to bend the normal rules and use unauthorized cameos from real world people for this challenge.

Last edited by Loki (1/09/2020 2:05 pm)

1/09/2020 9:20 pm  #51

Retired Man

to Darkling

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

1/10/2020 9:34 am  #52

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Retired Man

to Darkling

Retired Man appeared in Legends of the Superheroes alongside Dr. Sivana
Dr. Sivana appears in DC's Mighty Crusaders Special #1, as does the Web.
And the Web and Darkling were teammates through several issues of the 1980s Mighty Crusaders - let's say #8 for example

1/10/2020 9:39 am  #53

Darn, I was hoping there wouldn't be quite as short a link. I had thought about Retired Man to Butch Cavendish instead but felt that would be too easy to figure out due to two very well known connections in between.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

1/10/2020 9:54 am  #54

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Darn, I was hoping there wouldn't be quite as short a link. I had thought about Retired Man to Butch Cavendish instead but felt that would be too easy to figure out due to two very well known connections in between.

Short links can be fun. There's an incredibly short link available for the Luke Skywalker to Doctor challenge, if anyone finds it, but it's (to my mind) a hilarious one.

1/11/2020 3:18 am  #55

Bumping up the still unresolved ones:

Loki wrote:

From
BANANAMAN

to
COWBOY GORILLA

1/11/2020 3:20 am  #56

Bump

Loki wrote:

Okay, I freely admit this one is intended to be challenging, as it takes us outside of all the previously utilized mediums - the linkage might dip through comics, books, TV, etc, but it neither starts there nor ends there.
From
Coriolis

to
Iron Maiden

1/11/2020 3:22 am  #57

Loki wrote:

From Geezel

to
Vin Diesel

I should add - since I believe the only route available to Vin Diesel involves what might be an unauthorized appearance, I'm willing to bend the normal rules and use unauthorized cameos from real world people for this challenge.

I have to admit this one only came about because I was looking for a character who rhymed with Geezel; the moment my mind kicked up Vin Diesel, I found myself unable to think of any other options.

1/11/2020 3:23 am  #58

And a couple of new ones:
From 
Dead Boys Detectives

TO
The Amazing Spiez

Last edited by Loki (1/11/2020 3:24 am)

1/11/2020 3:54 am  #59

From 
Emi

TO
Luther

1/11/2020 3:54 am  #60

And bump.

Loki wrote:

From 
Luke Skywalker

TO
the Doctor
[img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/e02a49ba-de5a-4bed-8609-59ab5fb309c4/dbxupjl-e3060c91-8297-4f2b-a811-de48e2514e7a.jpg/v1/fill/w_1057,h_756,q_70,strp/the_doctors__2018__by_paulhanley_dbxupjl-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Nzg3IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZTAyYTQ5YmEtZGU1YS00YmVkLTg2MDktNTlhYjVmYjMwOWM0XC9kYnh1cGpsLWUzMDYwYzkxLTgyOTctNGYyYi1hODExLWRlNDhlMjUxNGU3YS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTEwMCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.6ZvxqOUuZnnEXvalkvKYS2yT2Eu_w1lkhIpg6dLjsf8[/img]

Board footera