Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/04/2020 7:30 pm  #1

Heroic Age: Heroes

Historical text from Comixfan:

Stuart V

Sep 16, 2010, 01:32 pm

Out now!

Per requests for a thread with a note of the contents: Now that Steve Rogers has returned from the dead and has become head of the world's foremost paramilitary agency, read his top secret journals revealing what he thinks of his fellow heroes, with entries on

A-Bomb
American Eagle
Angel
Ant-Man
Anti-Venom
Aquarian
Arabian Knight
Arachne
Asgardians
Atlas
Aurora
Batwing
Beast
Bengal
Beta Ray Bill
Big Hero 6
Black Cat
Black Knight
Black Panther (Shuri)
Black Panther (T’Challa)
Black Tarantula
Black Widow
Blade
Blazing Skull
Blonde Phantom
Elsa Bloodstone
Blue Shield
Abigail Brand
Bride of Nine Spiders
Butterball
Luke Cage
Captain America
Captain Britain
Captain Ultra
Challenger
Amadeus Cho
Citizen V
Cloak
Cloud 9
Colossus
Cyclops
Dagger
Damage Control
Daredevil
Darkhawk
Dazzler
Deadpool
Death’s Head
Diamondback
Doctor Strange
Doctor Voodoo
Dog Brother #1
Echo
Elektra
Eternals
Excalibur
Falcon
Fat Cobra
Finesse
Fixer
Force
Frog-Man
Emma Frost
Nick Fury
Gambit
Gauntlet
Ghost Rider
Gibbon
Gloriana
Goliath
Gorilla Girl
Gorilla-Man
Great Lakes Initiative
Nate Grey
Guardians of the Galaxy
Hardball
Hawkeye
Hazmat
Hellcat
Maria Hill
Hulk
Human Robot
Human Torch (Hammond)
Human Torch (Storm)
Iceman
Inhumans
Invisible Woman
Iron Fist
Iron Man
Jack Flag
Jackpot
Jewel
Jocasta
Justice
Ka-Zar
Komodo
Loners
MACH-5
Machine Man
Man-Thing
Marvel Boy
Ian McNee
Mettle
Mister Fantastic
Mockingbird
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
Namor the Sub-Mariner
Namora
New Mutants
Night Nurse
Night Thrasher
Nighthawk
Northstar
Nova
Paladin
People’s Defense Force
Photon
Portal
Prince of Orphans
Prodigy
Professor X
Protector
Kitty Pryde
Psylocke
Punisher
Quasar
Quicksilver
Rage
Rangers
Reptil
Rogue
Runaways
Sabra
Sasquatch
Scarlet Spider
Scorpion
Secret Warriors
Sepulcre
Shang-Chi
Shanna the She-Devil
She-Hulk
Shroud
Silhouette
Silver Sable
Silver Surfer
Skaar
Slapstick
Snowbird
Songbird
Speedball
Spider-Man
Spider-Woman
Spitfire
Starfox
Steel Spider
Storm
Striker
Talisman
Tarantula
Thing
Thor
Thor Girl
3-D Man
Tiger’s Beautiful Daughter
Tigra
Toro
Trauma
True Believers
Two-Gun Kid
U.S. Agent
Ultragirl
Union Jack
Valkyrie
Veil
Venus
War Machine
Warbound
Wasp
White Tiger
Winter Guard
Pete Wisdom
Wolverine
Wonder Man
Jimmy Woo
X-Factor
X-Force
Young Allies
Young Avengers

PaxHouse

Sep 16, 2010, 01:48 pm

Interesting that there're entries for the Runaways, Loners, New Mutants & even Damage Control.....but none for either Power Pack nor New Warriors......

I guess that the teams either have to be active or have certain members with special connections to the Avengers.... :dunno: :ohwell:

Stuart V

Sep 16, 2010, 02:09 pm

PaxHouse wrote:

Interesting that there're entries for the Runaways, Loners, New Mutants & even Damage Control.....but none for either Power Pack nor New Warriors......

I guess that the teams either have to be active or have certain members with special connections to the Avengers.... :dunno: :ohwell:

Neither team is active at the moment, and this is Steve's record of the current state of play (or, more accurately, the state of play at the start of his tenure as head of SHIELD).

Andy E. Nystrom

Sep 16, 2010, 02:58 pm

It's been an impressive read thus far. One quibble: under Cons for Iron Man, I would have thought that Steve would have mentioned Tony's need for control, as that's at the heart of both his alcoholism and most if not all his clashes with Steve.

Eduardo M.

Sep 16, 2010, 03:04 pm

Which Excalibur is covered, the team or the MI-13 warrioress?

Sidney Osinga

Sep 16, 2010, 05:56 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

Which Excalibur is covered, the team or the MI-13 warrioress?

The latter

Captain Morgan

Sep 16, 2010, 06:27 pm

This came out? My shop didn't have it so I might have to Ebay it. Does this feature the power grids of the handbooks?

Andy E. Nystrom

Sep 16, 2010, 06:35 pm

Captain Morgan wrote:

Does this feature the power grids of the handbooks?

There's a grid, but the categories are entirely different: Power, Conscience, Altriusm, Wisdom, Courage, Determination, Free Will, and Vulnerability

Captain Morgan

Sep 16, 2010, 06:43 pm

What kind of numbering sytem do they have? The standard is 1-7.

Eduardo M.

Sep 16, 2010, 06:56 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

There's a grid, but the categories are entirely different: Power, Conscience, Altriusm, Wisdom, Courage, Determination, Free Will, and Vulnerability

is the grid similar to the one in the Dark Reign Files

PaxHouse

Sep 17, 2010, 09:54 am

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

It's been an impressive read thus far. One quibble: under Cons for Iron Man, I would have thought that Steve would have mentioned Tony's need for control, as that's at the heart of both his alcoholism and most if not all his clashes with Steve.

I believe that Steve is professionally mature enough not to let personal experiences and feelings interfere with his work that mentions the various heroes (including Tony Stark/Iron Man) to his superior......

And besides, Tony Stark's life (both personal and private) in already known to most of the government's agencies anyway, so there's not much more that Steve could add about Tony/Iron Man.

Eduardo M.

Sep 17, 2010, 12:56 pm

Picked this up today. I flipped through it and it looks interesting so far.

I do have a question, why is it Steve made notes on Maria Hill but said nothing about Sharon Carter or Victoria Hand? I was especiallu hoping he'd say something about Hand in light of her working for Osborn before taking orders from Steve

Andy E. Nystrom

Sep 17, 2010, 06:55 pm

PaxHouse wrote:

I believe that Steve is professionally mature enough not to let personal experiences and feelings interfere with his work that mentions the various heroes (including Tony Stark/Iron Man) to his superior......

I'm not saying he would take a shot at Tony out of personal experiences. But he did make some tough comments at times about other heroes. I think Steve could find some way to diplomatically broach the topic. Tony's need for control has had some serious consequences, including the death of the Titanium Man (Gremlin) (for all of Henry Pym's breakdowns, no one has died as a result of them). I think it deserves a mention. For that matter Tony's past heart problems probably deserve a comment as well.

PaxHouse

Sep 18, 2010, 12:02 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

Picked this up today. I flipped through it and it looks interesting so far.

I do have a question, why is it Steve made notes on Maria Hill but said nothing about Sharon Carter or Victoria Hand? I was especiallu hoping he'd say something about Hand in light of her working for Osborn before taking orders from Steve

Well, with Steve; he tries his best to remain professonal (and figured that he might not too objective when it comes to Sharon) and have experienced working with Ms. Hill quite a few times (and not under the best of conditions)......

And as for Ms. Hand; he mentioned before about not knowing her well enough (within SHIELD & during SIEGE) to make a professional opinion of her and will need some time to do so.....

Madison Carter

Sep 18, 2010, 04:14 pm

keep in mind, this isn't *every* entry Steve has made, it's just a cross-section of them. I'm sure he has files on both Hill and Carter, they just weren't represented here. Maybe in a sequel.

Eduardo M.

Sep 18, 2010, 07:15 pm

Madison Carter wrote:

keep in mind, this isn't *every* entry Steve has made, it's just a cross-section of them. I'm sure he has files on both Hill and Carter, they just weren't represented here. Maybe in a sequel.

is that a hint???

Madison Carter

Sep 20, 2010, 01:08 am

Eduardo M. wrote:

is that a hint???

not in the least, actually, but if it sells, who knows.

Eduardo M.

Sep 20, 2010, 07:39 am

Madison Carter wrote:

not in the least, actually, but if it sells, who knows.

ah, incentive!!!

Well, I bought my copy. What about everyone else?

PaxHouse

Sep 20, 2010, 09:37 am

Eduardo M. wrote:

ah, incentive!!!

Well, I bought my copy. What about everyone else?

....If my LCS does get this in (they've just recently moved to a new location and some of their orders are in a mess, so to speak); then I'll get it.... :yeah:

Phoenixx9

Sep 20, 2010, 09:47 am

Well, with all the past problems with my DCBS, I gave up on them! Good riddance.

A friend says he can get me a new copy from a different source than DCBS, but with a delay from the release date (I believe he orders his books on-line so it takes a few weeks longer for them to arrive), so I am still patiently awaiting mine along with Update #3...!

William Keogh

Nov 3, 2010, 07:43 am

I finally got a hold of this one. Good thus far, from what I've read. I get that because Marvel persists in pushing Bendis' pet Mary Sue Jessica Jewel so much , you had to put her in....

I like how you wrote Cap's perspective on what's happened to Cyclops, and on Deadpool.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera