Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/09/2020 11:44 am  #1

All-New OHOTMU A-Z 2006 #5

Historical text from Comixfan:

Eric J. Moreels

Feb 15, 2006, 03:45 pm

Coming in May from Marvel Comics...

ALL-NEW OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z #5
Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN, MICHAEL HOSKIN, MARK O’ENGLISH, STUART VANDAL, SEAN MCQUAID, RONALD BYRD, ERIC J. MOREELS, BARRY REESE, MADISON CARTER, ANTHONY FLAMINI, CHRIS BIGGS & MIKE FICHERA
Cover by KEU CHA

The Handbook from A to Z rolls on – including bios on Gorgon, Grandmaster, Guardian, Hate-Monger, Helleyes, HERBIE, High Evolutionary, Hood, Hulkling, Humus Sapien, Hurricane, Hybrid, Hydra, Immortus, Mad Jim Jaspers, Madison Jeffries, Jester, Joystick and more! This twelve-issue monthly series focuses on new characters, characters who never received a profile and those needing major updates.

64 PGS. NO ADS! /Rated T+ ...$3.99

William Keogh

Feb 15, 2006, 05:45 pm

Looking forward to this one, but why on earth does Howard the Duck have the prominent spot in the center? Loathsome, despicable, idiotic character....

DrGoodwrench

Feb 15, 2006, 07:39 pm

Humus Sapien AND The Jester? Monsieur Marvel, with these handbooks you are really spoiling us!

I hope it mentions The Jester's machine that can alter films so they've got different actors in. I really wanted one when I read those issues!

And at least one Jack O' Lantern!

Jack O'Lantern

Feb 15, 2006, 08:01 pm

Nice to see Mad Jim Jaspers is in there.

But is one Jack O'Lantern enough? :]

Rayeye

Feb 16, 2006, 02:14 pm

I'm glad to see Madison Jeffries, Mad Jim Jaspers and Guardian!

I wonder who some of the characters on the cover are. The only ones I recognize are Howard the Duck, Gorgon, Mad Jim Jaspers, Gravity, Guardian, Immortus, J2, Joystick, Jack O'Lantern and Hyperion (although it could be any of the 3 different versions: the 616-one, the Squadron Supreme one or the Weapon X-one).
So who are the grey beast, the black guy with a gun, the yellow-blue masked man, the valkyrie-like woman, the red-caped man, the Carnage look-a-like, the Hellion look-a-like (I'm saying look-a-like because Hellion was already covered in the New X-Men Yearbook Special) and the blue brute?

By the way, I hope the mutants Grizzly and Goblyn are also covered in the Handbook.

Rayeye

William Keogh

Feb 16, 2006, 06:31 pm

Nice to see Mad Jim Jaspers is in there.

But is one Jack O'Lantern enough? :]
Hoepfully if it's only one, than it'll be the Mad Jack version. I also hope to see the Phil Urich Green Goblin in this edition.

Chris Day

Feb 16, 2006, 06:53 pm

will Immortus's bio include Kang the Immortal ?

that is... Immortus who was created from Kang in Avengers Forever #11-12, decides to no longer work for the time keepers keeping humanity limited to Earth, goes to Universe X and becomes Pope Immortus leading humanity to the cosmos peacefully, and then becomes Kang the Immortal when the terrigen mists mutate him... and getting trapped outside of Limbo...

after all, Immortus hasn't been seen anywhere else since Avengers Forever #12, so there is realistically nothing to contradict this [img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/img]

Also, Humus Sapien was probably created by the Black Womb project... though this is still unconfirmed... Thunderbolts #55 p. 6

frogoat

Feb 18, 2006, 03:52 am

J2! Howard the Duck! Hyperion! This is all to good!

TheMetalMetrosexual

Feb 18, 2006, 11:10 am

Got a few.

Rayeye wrote:

So who are the grey beast (Gorilla Man (from Howling Commandos)), the black guy with a gun, the yellow-blue masked man, the valkyrie-like woman (Huntara (from Fantastic Force)), the red-caped man (The Hood), the Carnage look-a-like(Hybrid), the Hellion look-a-like (I'm saying look-a-like because Hellion was already covered in the New X-Men Yearbook Special)(probably Jeffries) and the blue brute?

By the way, I hope the mutants Grizzly and Goblyn are also covered in the Handbook.

Rayeye

Michael Regan

Mar 14, 2006, 12:47 pm

I just have to ask in advance of this issues release...

(I was reading over the Howard the Duck (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/howardtheduck.htm) profile at the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/index.htm) and was wondering what the 'alias' of strange characters listed between Dopey Duck and Drakula are? Am I missing a type font or something?

Zach Kinkead

Mar 27, 2006, 01:02 am

I'm not sure one bio will be enough for the Jack O'Lantern. They have Macendale, Beck, Berkhart, that guy whose name I can't recall (I think he's mostly a Captain America foe), and maybe some others I either didn't know about or can't remember.

Maybe they'll do it like they did Mr. Fear.

William Keogh wrote:

Looking forward to this one, but why on earth does Howard the Duck have the prominent spot in the center? Loathsome, despicable, idiotic character....

You've never actually read any of his original series, have you?

Howard is NONE of those things though if you only know him from some of his guest appearances in Gen X or something then I can see where you might get the idea. However, if you're just basing this on how he looks then I'm amazed you read comics in the first place because surely you would have seen them as only being about a bunch of steriod-filled guys who fight each other in their underwear. ;)

Madison Carter

Mar 27, 2006, 05:30 am

Zach Kinkead wrote:

I'm not sure one bio will be enough for the Jack O'Lantern. They have Macendale, Beck, Berkhart, that guy whose name I can't recall (I think he's mostly a Captain America foe), and maybe some others I either didn't know about or can't remember.

Beck and Berkhart weren't Jack O' Lanterns. They were Mad Jacks.

Michael Regan

Mar 27, 2006, 09:39 am

Howard is one of the most unique characters ever created. Sure he's goofy (and probably stupid in some cases) but quite a funny read. There was always some great parady and overall strangeness in the series which made it stand out.

William Keogh

Mar 27, 2006, 06:28 pm

Zach Kinkead wrote:

You've never actually read any of his original series, have you?

Howard is NONE of those things though if you only know him from some of his guest appearances in Gen X or something then I can see where you might get the idea. However, if you're just basing this on how he looks then I'm amazed you read comics in the first place because surely you would have seen them as only being about a bunch of steriod-filled guys who fight each other in their underwear. ;)

Wow, remind me never to irritate you. No, I've never read the original series, and my dislike is based on guest appearances, though not Gen X, since I never read that.

eh_ver

Apr 11, 2006, 01:13 pm

I know this will likely warrant a 'wait and see', but I'm curious if you guys are going to take advantage of the Huntara entry in order to clarify if she is indeed Reed's half-sister.

eh_ver

Apr 26, 2006, 11:01 am

Any chance we'll see a bio on the Immortal Nine in this issue that will officially make them part of Marvel continuity?

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/o...d.htm#Immortal

Michael Regan

Apr 26, 2006, 01:21 pm

eh_ver wrote:

Any chance we'll see a bio on the Immortal Nine in this issue that will officially make them part of Marvel continuity?

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/o...d.htm#Immortal

Why would they not be considered part of continuity now?

eh_ver

Apr 27, 2006, 11:24 am

Michael Regan wrote:

Why would they not be considered part of continuity now?

The only appearance of them as a group that I know of is in the unpublished, yet still recognized by the folks as marvunapp, Books of Vishanti by Roy Thomas and Ron and JM Lofficier. I could be off base. Have they shown up in published works?

Great concept for a group, either way, and I'd love to see them more recognized.

Michael Regan

Apr 27, 2006, 12:19 pm

eh_ver wrote:

The only appearance of them as a group that I know of is in the unpublished, yet still recognized by the folks as marvunapp, Books of Vishanti by Roy Thomas and Ron and JM Lofficier. I could be off base. Have they shown up in published works?

Great concept for a group, either way, and I'd love to see them more recognized.

I guess I missunderstood the entry. I understood that Tomb of Dracula #15 detailed it's existance.

Enda80

Apr 27, 2006, 09:02 pm

Michael Regan wrote:

I guess I missunderstood the entry. I understood that Tomb of Dracula #15 detailed it's existance.

It did not, but some Handbook entries have alluded to them.

Eric J. Moreels

Jun 1, 2006, 06:03 am

Out this week!

What'd everyone think?

Rayeye

Jun 1, 2006, 05:13 pm

I really love this issue! There are a lot of characters in it which I hoped would be in it (Hulkling, Shola Inkosi, Hellions).
And finally... Kate Bishop has a code name!
Also I really enjoyed reading the Hellions profile, because it covered all incarnations of the Hellions.
Funny to see Beef and Bevatron were finally given real names. I guess those names were thought by you guys (writers of the Handbook) or did the original creator of the Hellions (IIRC that should be Claremont then) come up with the names?
By the way, when devising real names, does Marvel let you guys free to choose whichever name you want? Man, I can imagine it should be very cool to have - in a little way - that influence in the Marvel Universe.

(I hope I wrote all this in correctly English :dunno:  )

By the way, perhaps I'm wrong, but wasn't the unidentified girl from Emplate's Hellions called Ebon? And I thought Jesse Bedlam was never officially one of the New Hellions, he just briefly teamed up with them.

Stuart V

Jun 1, 2006, 05:49 pm

Rayeye wrote:

Also I really enjoyed reading the Hellions profile, because it covered all incarnations of the Hellions.

Thanks. I wrote that entry, and its nice to know someone's enjoying it.

Rayeye wrote:

Funny to see Beef and Bevatron were finally given real names. I guess those names were thought by you guys (writers of the Handbook) or did the original creator of the Hellions (IIRC that should be Claremont then) come up with the names?

The Handbook writers named them, after first asking Fabian Niceiza if he wanted to do so, as he had created Beef and Bevatron (Chris Claremont created the others, but the two late additions were added in Fabian's New Warriors). He declined, and said we could name them.

Rayeye wrote:

By the way, when devising real names, does Marvel let you guys free to choose whichever name you want? Man, I can imagine it should be very cool to have - in a little way - that influence in the Marvel Universe.

Anything like that is done with editorial approval. First, we ask if it is okay to name someone, as they might prefer to not do so. If permission is given, then we try to go to the original writers and see if they have a name - again, they can ask us to hold of naming them, or they might name them, or they might give permission for us to do so instead.

Rayeye wrote:

By the way, perhaps I'm wrong, but wasn't the unidentified girl from Emplate's Hellions called Ebon?

She commanded "ebon energy", but she wasn't named. We did try and contact the original writer to see if he had a name for her, but hearing nothing back decided in this instance it was better to leave her unnamed.

Rayeye wrote:

And I thought Jesse Bedlam was never officially one of the New Hellions, he just briefly teamed up with them.

We debated this, and finally decided that he was a member, albeit briefly.

William Keogh

Jun 1, 2006, 06:24 pm

It was a nice surprise to see the entry on the Great Game, and a couple of others I had completely forgotten about, like the Judge and the Jury. A bit of a shame not to see the Phil Urich Green Goblin, but if there's a Nineties handbook, he might show himself in there. And great entries on Kate Bishop, Immortus, and the High Evolutionary. I'll reserve the desire to say something nasty about the Duck, however...

Chris Day

Jun 7, 2006, 02:17 am

Regarding Immortus, Pope Immortus, and Kang the Immortal.

the Pope Immortus/Kang the Immortal character debuted in Avengers Forever #12 after his more widely known predecessor was killed by the Time Keepers in issue 11

Universe X makes direct reference to the events of Avengers Forever (the time lost-avengers, the battle at the end of time, etc.), which means that technically the original Immortus is dead by this point in multiversal/chronological development and his replacement (pope immortus/kang the immortal) exists instead.

this is backed up by the fact that when "Pope" Immortus debuted in Avengers Forever #12, he stated specifically that he would no longer work for the Time Keepers... so when he next appears in Universe X (he has not yet appeared anywhere else) his goals are quite different from his predecessor's ... instead of limiting humanity to Earth and making sure that they don't cause chaos and destruction throughout the universe (as the time keepers wanted to prevent), Pope Immortus instead hopes to help humanity expand into the cosmos in a peaceful manner. This makes perfect sense in light of Avengers Forever.

seeing as how Pope Immortus/Kang the Immortal is now trapped in "Reality X", it also makes sense that he has not yet been seen anywhere else since...

where did Immortus' bio writer get the idea that Pope immortus/kang the immortal was a phoney?

Madison Carter

Jun 7, 2006, 08:16 am

Well, to answer the question as best as I can, as I wasn't the writer of the profile:

The Earth X reality is a bit of a rough spot to work in with any sort of continuity. Too many things went on in it that directly contradict what is known about the MU. With this, and with the fact that Immortus is completely out of character in it (and yes, while it "may" seem logical at this moment to see the correlation between the events of Avengers Forever and Earth X, do you honestly expect Immortus to not appear again ever, much less in a different status quo?), it was decided to leave it vague as to whether or not this truly is Immortus. While it does suggest that it may be a poser, it certainly does not define him as such, which is why "though this may have been Immortus himself simply manipulating others for unknown purposes."

Simply put, between the differences of agenda vs. possibility of the next Immortus appearances being different (along with the fact that, as someone who travels outside the timestream, even if it IS Immortus, it doesn't neccessarily mean that Earth X chronologically follows Avengers Forever as far as he's concerned), it was left vague until cleared up.

Omar Karindu

Jun 7, 2006, 06:30 pm

Best Handbook yet.

Theb highlight for me this time has to be the Grandmaster entry, especially that penultimate paragraph, which covered something I never expected to see covered at all in the Handbooks. And the sheer wealth of detail in the text really gets across the scope and the charm of the character.

Well, that and seeing Dontrell get some coverage in the MU after so many years since his last appearance.

Beautiful stuff.

Gaara of the Sand

Jun 8, 2006, 02:36 am

Madison Carter wrote:

While it does suggest that it may be a poser, it certainly does not define him as such, which is why "though this may have been Immortus himself simply manipulating others for unknown purposes."

Why couldn't he simply have been the victim he was portrayed as being?

Also, as to Hyperion, why was it said that he died from a Kree armada in Paradise X? He died when he flew into, what was more or less, a wall of death.

Madison Carter

Jun 8, 2006, 03:08 am

Gaara of the Sand wrote:

Why couldn't he simply have been the victim he was portrayed as being?

If you look at Immortus' history, he has a habit of being "the victim" only for it to be a means to an end in his machinations, or at least playing parts that aren't really his true nature. Again, we don't know yet exactly what the Earth X story means in the bigger picture of Immortus. There are quite a few possibilities regarding him, which is why we left it open.

Chris Day

Jun 8, 2006, 07:32 pm

Madison Carter wrote:

Well, to answer the question as best as I can, as I wasn't the writer of the profile:

The Earth X reality is a bit of a rough spot to work in with any sort of continuity. Too many things went on in it that directly contradict what is known about the MU. With this, and with the fact that Immortus is completely out of character in it (and yes, while it "may" seem logical at this moment to see the correlation between the events of Avengers Forever and Earth X, do you honestly expect Immortus to not appear again ever, much less in a different status quo?), it was decided to leave it vague as to whether or not this truly is Immortus. While it does suggest that it may be a poser, it certainly does not define him as such, which is why "though this may have been Immortus himself simply manipulating others for unknown purposes."

Simply put, between the differences of agenda vs. possibility of the next Immortus appearances being different (along with the fact that, as someone who travels outside the timestream, even if it IS Immortus, it doesn't neccessarily mean that Earth X chronologically follows Avengers Forever as far as he's concerned), it was left vague until cleared up.

okay, thanks anyway.

Rayeye

Jun 12, 2006, 04:56 pm

I have a few questiond regarding this Handbook:

- When exactly Guardian was a member of Gamma Flight?
- Weren't the Shadow Sisters also members of the Hellbent? I remember them showing up in a X-Man issue alongside Ness, Manx and Slaine, but I can't remember if they were ones of the Hellbent too.
- At High Evolutionary's profile shouldn't be listed under 'former group affiliation' HE was also the leader of the Purifiers (not those of Stryker's), the Eliminators, the Gatherers (I) and the Sensors?

Michael Regan

Jun 12, 2006, 06:05 pm

Rayeye wrote:

I think you've got something there, it was Vindicator (Heather Hudson) who was on Gamma Flight

Rayeye wrote:

- Weren't the Shadow Sisters also members of the Hellbent? I remember them showing up in a X-Man issue alongside Ness, Manx and Slaine, but I can't remember if they were ones of the Hellbent too.

I think so, and it was in X-Man #45 if I remember correctly

Rayeye wrote:

- At High Evolutionary's profile shouldn't be listed under 'former group affiliation' HE was also the leader of the Purifiers (not those of Stryker's), the Eliminators, the Gatherers (I) and the Sensors?

yes as their leader, yes during the Evolutionary War, and yes in the West Coast Avengers Annual #3

Rayeye

Jun 13, 2006, 03:36 am

I think there are also a few (former) members missing in Hydra's membership list:
- the first Supreme Hydra
- two other Supreme Hydras (appeared in Incredible Hulk #132 and #400)
- Mystique (she infiltrated Hydra at least once)
- the Silver Samurai
- Madame Jasmine
- Wolverine, Elektra, Northstar, Slyde (d), Poison (d), Vibro (d), Shoc (d), Spot (were all killed, revived and brainwashed during Gorgon's leadership)

And others, whom I'm not entirely sure of: Agent 13 (d), Agent King, Agent L, Agent W, Akiniko, Big (d), Chain/Chaing Lightning, Special Agent Cohen, Grasp, Growing Man, Hunter, Johnston, Khan (enemy of Wolverine), Knickknack, Marcus (d), Misha, Anton Trojak (d) and Zalman.

Eric J. Moreels

Jun 13, 2006, 06:29 am

Rayeye wrote:

When the team was restructured in Alpha Flight #95, all of the members were assigned affiliations with Gamma Flight. Guardian was made head of engineering sciences. This is referenced in the online bibliography (http://www.marvunapp.com/ohotmu/bibliography/).

Madison Carter

Jun 13, 2006, 09:03 pm

Rayeye wrote:

I think there are also a few (former) members missing in Hydra's membership list:
- the first Supreme Hydra
- two other Supreme Hydras (appeared in Incredible Hulk #132 and #400)
- Mystique (she infiltrated Hydra at least once)
- the Silver Samurai
- Madame Jasmine
- Wolverine, Elektra, Northstar, Slyde (d), Poison (d), Vibro (d), Shoc (d), Spot (were all killed, revived and brainwashed during Gorgon's leadership)

And others, whom I'm not entirely sure of: Agent 13 (d), Agent King, Agent L, Agent W, Akiniko, Big (d), Chain/Chaing Lightning, Special Agent Cohen, Grasp, Growing Man, Hunter, Johnston, Khan (enemy of Wolverine), Knickknack, Marcus (d), Misha, Anton Trojak (d) and Zalman.

The following comes from the writer of the profile (not myself):

>- the first Supreme Hydra
>- two other Supreme Hydras (appeared in Incredible Hulk #132 and #400)

I did not include agents who could not be easily identified. Because these Supreme Hydras did not have real names, they were omitted.

>- Mystique (she infiltrated Hydra at least once)

Doesn't count.

>- the Silver Samurai

More of a contractor than an agent.

>- Madame Jasmine

Contractor.

>- Wolverine, Elektra, Northstar, Slyde (d), Poison (d), Vibro (d), Shoc (d), Spot (were all killed, revived and brainwashed during Gorgon's leadership)

Questionable, left them out intentionally.

>And others, whom I'm not entirely sure of: Agent 13 (d), Agent King, Agent L, Agent W,

Again, more titles that can't be easily identified.

>Akiniko,

Agent of Viper, not Hydra.

> Big (d),

Not Hydra, IIRC.

>Chain/Chaing Lightning, Grasp, Sonic

When was this?

>Special Agent Cohen,

No full name.

>Growing Man,

Pawn, not agent.

> Hunter, Johnston,

Last names do little to enhance the profile.

>Khan (enemy of Wolverine),

Agent of Viper, not Hydra.

> Knickknack,

Again, another zombie pawn, doesn't count.

> Marcus (d), Misha,

Again, no full names here.

>Anton Trojak (d)

Not a Hydra agent-- IMPERSONATED by a Hydra agent (a mistake the OHOTMU DE made 20 years ago)

> and Zalman."

Didn't have a full name for him.

Madison Carter

Jun 13, 2006, 09:05 pm

Rayeye wrote:

--The Shadow Sisters are Dusk and Dawn, who were listed as members.

--High Evolutionary wasn't actually a member of those groups. They were agencies he organized who were under his direction. Its a judgment call on whether to include stuff like that. As space is a premium, we don't always list affiliations under Group membership. The information is covered thoroughly under history.

Rayeye

Jun 14, 2006, 04:22 am

Thanx for all clearing it up!

By the way, I can't remember where I read about Chain/Chain Lightning, Grasp and Sonic, so I guess I'm wrong about that.

Stuart V

Jun 14, 2006, 04:30 am

Rayeye wrote:

Thanx for all clearing it up!

By the way, I can't remember where I read about Chain/Chain Lightning, Grasp and Sonic, so I guess I'm wrong about that.

Those are the Seekers - they worked for AIM, then went freelance, becoming mercenaries, and eventually working for the Secret Empire. They appeared in Iron Man #214, FF #342 and Amazing Spider-Man #355 and 358.

Sean McQuaid

Jun 17, 2006, 12:52 am

Omar Karindu wrote:

Best Handbook yet.

High praise from a respected source, much thanks.

Omar Karindu wrote:

The highlight for me this time has to be the Grandmaster entry, especially that penultimate paragraph, which covered something I never expected to see covered at all in the Handbooks. And the sheer wealth of detail in the text really gets across the scope and the charm of the character.

GM was one of my profiles this month, so the kind words are much appreciated -- glad you enjoyed it.

-Sean

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 1, 2010, 09:19 pm

List of Changes in Hardcovers.

Finally was able to piggy-back on an existing thread.

A-Z#5

Started work on #3 changes but then noticed that Daughters of the Dragon had been split into Knight and Wing, the latter not yet in the hardcover. Started work on #4 but it appears that Gazer will now be listed as War. Well, the notes will still be seen eventually. [img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/img]

Apologies for anyone looking for new stuff. It simply worked out that this is all reformatted older changes, as no one changed their name since this issue was published. The trade-off is it won't be long until I reach volumes where nearly everyone's new to the list of changes.

Gorgon
Hardcover Volume: 4
Page Count: Unchanged at 1
Text Changes: None
Graphic Changes: Illo now shows full body/sword

Gorilla-Man
Page Count: Increased from 1 to 2
Text Changes: Vital Statistics somewhat revised. History and Abilities/Accessories completely revised/expanded. Strength and Fighting Skills revised on Power Grid.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one now secondary). 2 new captioned secondary illos.

Grandmaster
Page Count: Increased from 3 to 4
Text Changes: 6th History paragraph expanded; 2 new paragraphs added before final paragraph, which is mostly revised and followed by 2 more new paragraphs.
Graphic Changes: None

Gravity
Text Changes: Occupation revised. New final History paragraph. Note removed.
Graphic Changes: Right arm/hand now fully visible.

Great Game
Text Changes: While still listed as deceased in History, Huan and Scott no longer listed as deceased under Known Sponsors.
Graphic Changes: Headshots now captioned Players (except chance: Player/Sponsor) and 5 Sponsor headshots added; headshots now read up to down rather than left to right.

Guardian
Page Count: Unchanged at 3
Text Changes: Known Relatives slightly expanded.
Graphic Changes: Unmasked shot replaced with new one, new captioned secondary illo.

“Cockroach” Hamilton
Hardcover Volume: 5
Text Changes: Aliases tweaked. 2 new sentences added to end of History. Secondary illo captioned.

Harrier
Page Count: increased from 1 to 2
Text Changes: Known Relatives and Group Affiliation revised. History and Abilities/Accessories completely revised/expanded. Note added.
Graphic Changes: Old captioned illo of Cardinal replaced with new one.

Jonas Harrow
Text Changes: new sentence added to end of History.

Hate-Monger
Now Listed As: Hate-Monger (Hitler Clone)
Page Count: Unchanged at 2
Text Changes: Final History paragraph now a Note with 2 new sentences added.
Graphic Changes: Secondary illo captioned.
Note: A passing reference to the Psycho-Man Construct version was the basis of a new ½ page entry (1 illo) for that version

Hawkeye
Now Listed As: Hawkeye (Bishop)
Text Changes: Final History paragraph revised
Graphic Changes: none

Helix
Page Count: Unchanged at ½
Text Changes: Physical Statistics and Power Numbers revised.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one cropped into a headshot).

Helleyes
Page Count: Unchanged at ½
Text Changes: New sentence added to end of History. Power Numbers revised.

Hellbent
Page Count: Increased from 2 to 3
Text Changes: Known Members replaced with Current and Former Members and further revised. Base of Operations expanded. Traits greatly revised/expanded. History mostly revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: Headshots replaced with 12 secondary illos (11 captioned)

Hellions
Split Into: Hellions (Hellfire Club Trainees), Hellions (Emplate’s), Hellions (King Bedlam’s), Hellions (Xavier Institute’s)
Page Count: Originally 3; now 2 (Trainees), 1 (Emplate’s), 1 (Bedlam’s), 1 (Xavier)
Text Changes: Members and Base of Operations now only for the version covered per entry (Xavier version previously called Hellions Squad) except Members slightly revised for Emplate’s; First Appearances added except for Trainees (already present). Trainees: only 1st 7 paragraphs of History remain; Emplate’s/Bedlam’s: History completely revised/expanded. Xavier: only final 3 paragraphs of History remain
Graphic Changes: Trainees: Headshots replaced with 2 new captioned secondary illos. Old secondary illos removed or shifted to other Hellions. Emplate’s: Most illos removed. One illo retained mostly intact, another cropped, with captioned shared with a new illo, 5 additional new illos. Bedlam’s: Most illos removed. 2 illos retained mostly intact (in fact 1 less cropped), 2 new secondary illos. Xavier: Most illos removed. One illo retained. New secondary illo.

H.E.R.B.I.E.
Graphic Changes: Main and secondary illos reversed. New secondary illo

High Evolutionary
Page Count: Increased from 3 to 4
Text Changes: Group Affiliation expanded. History largely expanded, with new text weaving in and out of one text, then new sentence added to end of old History followed be 2 new paragraphs. Abilities/Accessories paragraph split in 2 and expanded.
Graphic Changes: 2 sets of four new secondary illos each sharing a caption plus one more new captioned secondary illo.

Hindsight
Text Changes: final History sentence replaced with longer new one.

Hood
Text Changes: Group Affiliation revised. First 1 History paragraphs 1 little revised/expanded, 2nd greatly, 3rd mostly (expansions are considerable); then 2 new paragraphs. Note added. Abilities/Accessories completely revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: 2 new captioned secondary illo.

Howard the Duck
Text Changes: Citizenship expanded. Some History paragraphs merged; new paragraph added (though last sentence of old final paragraph moved to new one). Energy Projection on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: Caption added to secondary illos (2 now colourized).

Hulkling
Text Changes: final History paragraph replaced with new one.

Humbug
Text Changes: ital Statistics somewhat revised. 6 paragraphs added to end of History, 2 to end of Abilities/Accessories. Strength and Durability revised on Power Grid.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one now secondary), 4 new secondary illos

Humus Sapien
Graphic Changes: new captioned secondary illo

Huntara
Text Changes: Group Affiliation expanded. New secondary illo. Speed on Power Grid revised.

Hurricane
Now Listed As: Hurricane (Potter)
Text Changes: New sentence added to end of History.
Graphic Changes: One secondary illo ropped/captioned, new secondary illo added.

Hybrid (Marks)
Text Changes: Final History sentence expanded. Abilities/Accessories tweaked.

Hybrid (Washington)
Text Changes: First Appearance expanded. History completely revised/expanded. Abilities/Accessories mostly revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: 6 new captioned secondary illos

Hydra
Page Count: Unchanged at 4
Text Changes: Current and Former Members a little revised. Final History paragraph expanded.
Graphic Changes: 4 secondary illos (2 captioned). Bob added to Headshots section.

H’ylthri
Text/Graphic Changes: None

Hyperion
Now Listed As: Hyperion (Earth-712)
Text Changes: Vital Statistics somewhat revised. History greatly revised and expanded, with new text weaving in and out of the old. From the paragraph starting with “As noted…”-on, all paragraphs removed and used as basis for entries below; new paragraph added at end. Note added. Abilities/Accessories completely revised/extremely expanded.
Graphic Changes: Secondary illos removed; 6 new secondary illos added.
Note: This entry was the basis for:
• Hyperion (Construct): basically new 1-page entry, though derived from Hyperion (Earth-712). Parts of the History paragraph in the old entry originally starting with “As noted…” revised and expanded into 2 new paragraphs. Rest of this entry is new. Has main illo and captioned secondary illo.
• Hyperion (Earth-4023): basically new 1-page entry, though derived from Hyperion (Earth-712). The History paragraph in the old entry originally starting with “On Earth-4023…” revised and expanded into 2 new paragraphs. Rest of this entry is new. Has main illo and 2 secondary illos.
• Hyperion (Zhib-Ran): basically new ½-page entry, though derived from Hyperion (Earth-712). History text derived from paragraph in old entry starting with “As noted…” but no text carry-over. All text is new. Illo brought over from old 712 entry (background removed but no longer cropped).

Immortus
Page Count: increased from 3 to 4
Text Changes: History considerably revised/expanded, though a fair bit of original text remains. Speed in power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: A secondary illo background removed/no longer cropped, and is now new main illo (old one now secondary), one secondary illo cropped, another no longer captioned, 6 new captioned secondary illos

Infinites
Page Count: unchanged from ½
Text Changes: Power Numbers revised.
Graphic Changes: 2 new captioned secondary illos

Jack Flag
Page Count: Increased from ½ to 1
Text Changes: Vital Statistics and Abilities/Accessories revised. History completely revised/expanded. Power Grid revised from Power Numbers.

Infinity
Page Count: unchanged from 1
Text Changes: First Appearance revised. Fighting Skills on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: 2 new secondary illos

Shola Inkosi
Text Changes: 1 ½ sentences added to end of History. Strength and Energy Projection revised on Power Grid

J2
Text Changes: First Appearance corrected. New paragraph added to end of History.
Graphic Changes: Main illo reversed.

Jack O’Lantern
Text Changes: Place of Birth, Known Relatives, Group Affiliation, Eyes, Hair revised. Graphic Changes: none

Harold Jaekelsson
Hardcover Volume: 6
Text/Graphic Changes: none

“Mad Jim” Jaspers
Text Changes: First Appearance tweaked. History completely rewritten/enlarged; Abilites/Accessories mostly revised/expanded. Power Grid a little revised.
Graphic Changes: 4 new secondary illos (3 captioned)

Madison Jeffries
Page Count: Unchanged from 2
Text Changes: Occupation and First Appearance revised. Final History sentence replaced with two new ones. Last sentence removed from Abilities/Accessories. Energy Projection on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: One secondary illo now captioned, two new secondary illos

Jester
Page Count: increased from 2 to 3
Text Changes: 2 new sentences added to 2nd last History paragraph.
Graphic Changes: 6 new secondary illos (5 captioned).
Note; Basis for new ½ page entry Jester (Putt) (1 illo)

Joystick
Page Count: Unchanged from 1
Text Changes: Occupation and Group Affiliation revised. Last History sentence replaced with 2 new ones. Abilities/Accessories somewhat revised/expanded
Graphic Changes: new main illo (old one now secondary).

Judge
Text Changes: last sentence in Abilities/Accessories removed. Speed on Power Grid revised.

Jury
Text Changes: none
Graphic Changes: Old non-headshot illos removed, replaced with new main illo and 2 secondary illos (all captioned). Gavel headshot added. USAgent headshot replaced with new one.

Rayeye

Feb 2, 2010, 02:46 pm

Great list! Thank you, Andy.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera