Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/09/2020 12:19 pm  #1

All-New OHOTMU A-Z 2006 #9

Historical text from Comixfan, including material found on Wayback Machine:

Eric J. Moreels

Jun 22, 2006, 04:55 am

Coming in September from Marvel Comics...

ALL-NEW OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z #9
Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN, MARK O’ENGLISH, CHAD ANDERSON, RONALD BYRD, SEAN MCQUAID, MICHAEL HOSKIN, AL SJOERDSMA, STUART VANDAL, ANTHONY FLAMINI, ERIC J. MOREELS, CHRIS BIGGS, RICH GREEN & MADISON CARTER
Cover by KEU CHA

Featuring Quicksilver, Radioactive Man, Razorback, Red Wolf, Cecilia Reyes, Nathaniel Richards, Rictor, Ringer, Salome, Santerians, Saturnyne and Sat-yr9, Nicholas Scratch, Shadow King, Skull the Slayer, and more!

64 PGS./NO ADS/Rated T+ ...$3.99

Rayeye

Jun 22, 2006, 05:29 pm

Really looking forward to this one Handbook too.
And now we got also two characters who already appeared in the 2004/2005 Handbooks, but needed a major update (Quicksilver & Sentry). I think that's good.
And many many many thanks for including Saturnyne and Sat-yr-9!
And will we finally learn if Cecilia Reyes is deceased or not...

I hope Alpha Flight's Radius does also have a profile in this Handbook.

Chris Day

Jun 22, 2006, 11:39 pm

I hope that the Shadow King entry will be extremely thorough...

frogoat

Jun 23, 2006, 06:23 am

Finally, I'll learn more about Nathaniel Richards! [img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/img]

William Keogh

Jun 23, 2006, 05:30 pm

Given all that's happened since her profile in the Avengers handbook, are we likely to see an entry on the Scarlet Witch?

Rayeye

Jun 23, 2006, 07:01 pm

I doubt that, since Scarlet Witch was one of the lucky characters having already two profiles in the former Handbooks.

Glorificus

Jun 25, 2006, 07:31 am

I do hope Selene will be included in this one...

bgilmore

Jun 25, 2006, 05:42 pm

I would love if Scourage was in this issue but I have a feeling that they are not.
Billy

gtrmp

Jun 25, 2006, 06:47 pm

On the cover, we've also got the new Scorpion, Shamrock, Rawhide Kid, the Sentinels, Rocket Racer, Puppet Master, Red Ghost and his Super-Apes, and Sasquatch. Is the guy in green a skinny Ronan, or a miscolored Shroud, or someone else? The woman next to Saturnyne looks vaguely like Sabra. No idea who the bare-chested guy in blue is.

bgilmore

Jun 26, 2006, 08:46 am

Sorry for the misspelling of Scourge. Scourge has not be covered since the early Handbooks and A LOT has happened since then, so one could hope that they will be in this one.
Billy

Rayeye

Jun 26, 2006, 11:22 am
[img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png[/img]  Glorificus wrote:
I do hope Selene will be included in this one...
Yeah, me too!

Playmobil

Jun 26, 2006, 01:01 pm
[img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png[/img]bgilmore wrote:
Sorry for the misspelling of Scourge
You can edit your own posts and correct that :-)

jannepie

Jun 26, 2006, 02:44 pm
[img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png[/img]gtrmp wrote:
Is the guy in green a skinny Ronan, or a miscolored Shroud, or someone else?
He looks Ronan to me.

Isn't he in the cosmic handbook though? That would make sense with him having his own Annihilation mini. Although Drax appears in the cover of Nova Corps Files and he just had an entry in A-Z. :Confused:
[img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png[/img]gtrmp wrote:
The woman next to Saturnyne looks vaguely like Sabra. No idea who the bare-chested guy in blue is.
Looks really familiar but I can't remember who. I'd like to say that he's some sort of god or eternal.

Rayeye

Jun 26, 2006, 03:11 pm
The woman next to Saturnyne looks vaguely like Sabra.
Na, I don't think that is Sabra. Sabra has a cape, short black hair and IIRC never carried a gun. But I do hope Sabra will be included in this handbook.
Something says me that woman is a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, but I don't know who.

And I hope Shard, Shatterstar, Sebastian and/or Shinobi Shaw will be included as well.

Playmobil

Jun 26, 2006, 05:49 pm
[img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png[/img]  Rayeye wrote:
Na, I don't think that is Sabra. Sabra has a cape, short black hair and IIRC never carried a gun. But I do hope Sabra will be included in this handbook.
Her costume also has some details from the Israel flag, with the David star.

jannepie

Jun 27, 2006, 02:06 am
[img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png[/img]  Rayeye wrote:
I heard that she will get a new costume in the upcoming Union Jack mini.

William Keogh

Jul 8, 2006, 04:45 pm

I'm wondering if in this issue or the next we'll get profiles on the two remaining Spider-Women.

frogoat

Jul 10, 2006, 08:56 am

Good question, but didn't they get some coverage in the Spider-man encyclopedia? Or have they made more major appearances since then?

skippcomet
??, 2006

So, this one just came out this week.

No entry for Selene -- any chance she'll be in the Eighties Handbook, or is she just not considered to have developed enough to warrant a new entry? And does this bode ill for Sebastian Shaw getting a new entry in issue #10?

Also, I looked up the bibliography for this issue on the Marvel Website, and noticed that there was a bibliography entry for the Ruined. So, apparently an entry was planned for this issue, which leads to the question of why was it pulled? And what was put in its place -- the Russian? the Radius/Shade twofer?

Eric J. Moreels
??, 2006

skippcomet wrote:

No entry for Selene -- any chance she'll be in the Eighties Handbook, or is she just not considered to have developed enough to warrant a new entry?

Selene is tentatively slated for an updated profile in the near future.

skippcomet wrote:

And does this bode ill for Sebastian Shaw getting a new entry in issue #10?

Not necessarily.

skippcomet wrote:

Also, I looked up the bibliography for this issue on the Marvel Website, and noticed that there was a bibliography entry for the Ruined. So, apparently an entry was planned for this issue, which leads to the question of why was it pulled?

I honestly don't know the answer to that one. I'll ask the writer of that profile and see what happened.

What'd everyone else think of this issue?

I was just looking over the bibliographies (such as Roxxon, Sasquatch & Sentinels) and I think this issue we've got some of the most comprehensive listings yet!
{Some material missing here due to comixfan crash}

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 21, 2010, 01:55 pm

List of Changes in Hardcovers

Puppet Master
Hardcover Volume: 9
Page Count: unchanged at 3
Text Changes: Group Affiliation revised. 2 new sentences added to final History paragraph. Abilities/Accessories somewhat revised.
Graphic Changes: One secondary illo removed, new captioned secondary illo

Quicksilver
Page Count: increased from 3 to 4
Text Changes: Known Relatives and Group Affiliation revised. Education tweaked. History initially only a little revised/expanded, then 4 ½ new paragraphs added to ended of History. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded. Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: new main illo (old one now secondary); 1 secondary illo removed, 1 new captioned secondary illo

Radioactive Man
Page Count: increased from 2 to 3
Text Changes: Aliases, Occupation, Group Affiliation revised. History initially only a little revised/expanded, then 7 new paragraphs added to ended of History. Abilities/Accessories somewhat revised.
Graphic Changes: new secondary illo

Monica Rappaccini
Text Changes: New paragraph added at end of History. Note removed
Graphic Changes: None

Rawhide Kid
Page Count: unchanged at 2
Text Changes: New sentence added to end of 3rd History paragraph

Razorback
Page Count: increased from 1 to 2
Text Changes: Occupation, Group Affiliation revised. History mostly revised/expanded. Abilities/Accessories somewhat revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: 5 new captioned secondary illos

Red Ghost
Text Changes: Occupation and Group Affiliation revised/abridged. History somewhat reivised/expanded, wioth new text weaving in and out of old. Second Abilities/Accessories paragraph abridged, likely due to the Super-Ages entry from the Marvel Pets handbook.
Graphic Changes: 1 secondary illo now captioned, 2 removed. 3 new secondary illos

Red Queen
Page Count: unchanged at 1
Text Changes: None
Graphic Changes: Old main illo replaced with new one

Red Wolf
Now listed as: Red Wolf (Wakely), Red Wolf (Talltrees), Red Wolf (Wildrun), Red Wolf (Thunderhead)
Page Count: original 3; now 1 (Wakely), 2 (Talltrees), ½ (Wildrun, Thunderhead)
Text Changes: Vital Statistics added for everyone but Talltrees (his are revised). Wildrun’s History somewhat revised from the original 2nd paragraph; Wakely`s from the 3rd-6th paragraphs; Thunderhead’s from the 7th paragraph. Talltrees`History greatly revised/expanded, incorporating material from the 1st and 8th-on paragraphs. Abilities/Accessories completely rewritten. Height/Weight/Eyes revised except Talltrees. Power Grid revisions (Numbers for ½-pagers): Speed/Durability (all), Strength (all but Talltrees),
Graphic Changes: Thunderhead, with Owayogata, Wildrun illos removed. Talltrees: 2 new secondary illos. Wakely: previous Wakely illo now main, with caption removed; new secondary illo. Wildrun: new only illo; Thunderhead: new main illo and new secondary illo.

Redeemers
Text Changes: History tweaked, e.g. adding alter egos.
Graphic Changes: Main illo now captioned; Scream headshot replaced with new one

Ceila Reyes
Text Changes: First appearance revised. Final 1.5 History sentences replaced with 1.5 new ones. New sentence added to end of Abilities/Accessores
Graphic Changes: New captioned secondary illo

Nathaniel Richards
Text Changes: Aliases revised.
Graphic Changes: 1 secondary illo removed, replaced with new captioned one.

Rictor
Text Changes: Known Relatives revised. History greatly revised/expanded, with new text weaving in and out of old. Abilities/Accessories somewhat revised.
Graphic Changes: New secondary illo.

Ringer
Now listed as Ringer and Ringer (Kraft) (while not titled as such, the larger entry hereafter called Davis).
Page Count: original 1; now 1 (Davis), ½ (Kraft)
Text Changes: Davis: 2nd History paragraph somewhat revised (note that the old History was predominately Davis). Abilities/Accessories somewhat revised, removing Kraft material. Strength/Speed on Power Grid revised, with Kraft note removed. Kraft: Occupation, Group Affiliation revised. History completely rewritten. Abilities/Accessories revised/abridged, removing Davis material. Power Grid reworked as Power Numbers, with Davis/Strikeback material removed.
Graphic Changes: Old illos remained with Davis, with new captioned secondary illo. New only illo for Kraft.

Risque
Text Changes: final sentence of 2nd History paragraph revised.
Graphic Changes: New secondary illo

Rocket Racer
Text Changes: Group Affiliation revised. Final History paragraph replaced with extensive new text.

Ronan the Accuser
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. After the first page, History considerably revised/expanded. Speed on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: new secondary illo

Roxxon
Text Changes: History somewhat revised, with new text weaving in and out of old and paragraph splitting
Graphic Changes: Old 1st page illo removed, basically making the One Roxxon Plaza illo the main illo.

Russian
Text/Graphic Changes: None

Sabra
Text Changes: First Appearance abridged. New sentence added to final History paragraph.

Salomé
Hardcover Volume: 10
Text Changes: 1st 4 Vital Stats revised. End of 1st History paragraph revised.

Santerians
Text Changes: History a little revised, esp. at end of last paragraph

Sasquatch
Text Changes: Aliases, Known Relatives, Group Affiliation, Education revised. History considerably revised/expanded. Weight as Wanda revised. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded, inc. Box stats. Strength on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: Old main illo removed, replaced with new one. 2 new captioned secondary illos.

Saturnyne
Text Changes: Group Affiliation revised. History and Abilities/Accessories mostly revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: 4 new secondary illos (2 captioned)

Sat-Yr9
Text Changes: Occupation, Group Affiliation revised. History somewhat revised/expanded, with 1st 2 paragraphs merged and new text weaving in and out of old.

Saurians
Text Changes: History considerably revised/expanded, mainly starting where Sharon Cole is mentioned.
Graphic Changes: Khadar illo now captioned twice, Archt`yr, Haemon, Tak now also have larger illos (1 each) in addition to the headshot illos; C`rel, Faelar headshots replaced with larger illo; JHimi, M`Kai, S`Gur, Viri headshots merged into one larger illo with First Appearances removed; Serpentyne headshot converted to larger illo; 3 new captioned secondary illos

S`Byll
Text Changes: Abilities/Accessories revised.

Scarlet Centurion
Now Listed As: Scarlet Centurion (Marcus Kang)

Scorpion
Text Changes: Occupation, Known Relatives, Group Affiliation revised. History mostly revised/expanded. Abilities/Accessories completely rewritten.
Graphic Changes: Old main illo removed, replaced with new one; old secondary illo cropped 2 new secondary illos.

Nicholas Scratch
Text Changes: Known Relatives revised.

James Scully

Secret Empire
Text Changes: Alter egos added in History.

Sentinels
Page Count: unchanged at 4
Text Changes: Current Models and Former Models merged into a revised Models category. First Appearance greatly expanded. History somewhat revised and expanded, including paragraph mergers, with the largest revisions near the end.
Graphic Changes: Main illo now captioned. 2 new captioned secondary illos

Sentry
Text Changes: Occupation, Group Affiliation revised. Final History sentence replaced with 2 new ones.
Graphic Changes: Old main illo removed, replaced with new one; secondary illo now captioned.

Justin Seyfert
Text Changes: New sentence added to end of Abilities/Accessories

Shadow King
Text Changes: Final History paragraph reworked into five new ones.
Graphic Changes: New main illo; old one now secondary. Farouk/Karma illos replaced with new ones, also captioned; another secondary illo now captioned. 4 additional new secondary illos (3 captioned)

Shamrock
Text Changes: Alter egos added to History

Radius
Page Count: unchanged at ½
Text Changes: History somewhat revised/expanded. Power Numbers revised.

Shade
Hardcover Volume: 11
Page Count: unchanged at ½
Text Changes: Real Name revised. History a little revised/paragraphs merged.

Last edited by Andy E. Nystrom (1/23/2020 1:24 pm)

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera