Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/09/2020 12:34 pm  #1

All-New OHOTMU A-Z 2006 #11

Historical text from Comixfan:

Eric J. Moreels

Aug 22, 2006, 09:16 pm

Coming in November from Marvel Comics...

ALL-NEW OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z #11

Written by JEFF CHRISTIANSEN, MARK O’ENGLISH, SEAN MCQUAID, MICHAEL HOSKIN, CHAD ANDERSON, STUART VANDAL, RONALD BYRD, ERIC J. MOREELS, ANTHONY FLAMINI, MIKE FICHERA, AL SJOERDSMA, RICH GREEN, MADISON CARTER, CHRIS BIGGS & BILL LENTZ
Cover by KEU CHA

Featuring Stranger, Strong Guy, Stryfe, William Stryker, John Sublime, Suma-Ket, Sundown, Sunturion, Super-Skrull, Swarm, Swordsman, Talkback, Thanatos, Thor (Dargo), Tiboro, Time-Keepers, Timeslip, Tinkerer, Titanium Man, Titannus, Tombstone, Torgo, Turbo, Two-Gun Kid, Tyrant, Ultimo and more!

64 PGS. NO ADS!/Rated T+ ...$3.99

Rayeye

Aug 23, 2006, 04:06 am

No cover? :Bawl:
Glad to know Stryfe, Strong Guy, SUblime, Turbo, Timeslip and Talkback are in it. I hope Alistaire and/or Alysande Stuart are covered as well, but I doubt it since it seems entries of baseline human supporting characters often have less priority than super-powered beings (correct me if I'm wrong).
I also hope for the Technet!

Playmobil

Aug 23, 2006, 09:55 am

Glad to know Guido is on that one. Who's Sundown? Some kind of sun block? Can we already know if there will be a 2007 series or do we have do wait until October?

William Keogh

Aug 23, 2006, 10:51 am

Playmobil wrote:

Glad to know Guido is on that one. Who's Sundown? Some kind of sun block? Can we already know if there will be a 2007 series or do we have do wait until October?

Sundown, if memory serves, was a Spiderman villain that appeared in a couple of annuals some years back, one in Untold Tales, set around the early days, and another in the modern day after the character got out of prison. He wasn't as much a villain as someone who got a bad break, paid for his crimes, and redeemed himself.

Zach Kinkead

Aug 23, 2006, 11:41 am

Playmobil wrote:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/sundowns.htm

Basically he was a neat crossover idea that Kurt Busiek and Roger Stern wrote. He was introduced by Busiek in an Untold Tales of Spider-Man Annual (if you didn’t already know, UToSM was a flashback series that filled in gaps in the Lee/Ditko years of Amazing Spider-Man) and his story picks up again after he’s let out of prison in Stern’s Amazing Spider-Man Annual (which was, of course, set in the present) from the same year. Tom Lyle penciled both comics.

William Keogh wrote:

Sundown, if memory serves, was a Spiderman villain that appeared in a couple of annuals some years back, one in Untold Tales, set around the early days, and another in the modern day after the character got out of prison. He wasn't as much a villain as someone who got a bad break, paid for his crimes, and redeemed himself.

Right, despite the fact that the guy managed to make enemies of just about every 60s Marvel hero, he wasn’t a bad guy at all.

Uncanny Madman

Aug 23, 2006, 01:24 pm

Why Talkback? The Runaways havn't used their "codenames" since the end of the first volume. That's like two years and 20 issues ago! I hated how Molly was down as "Bruiser" too...the codenames were more of a joke than anything...

Playmobil

Aug 23, 2006, 02:05 pm

William Keogh wrote:

Sundown, if memory serves, was a Spiderman villain that appeared in a couple of annuals some years back...

Zach Kinkead wrote:

Basically he was a neat crossover idea that Kurt Busiek and Roger Stern wrote.

Thank you both!

Zach Kinkead wrote:

if you didn’t already know, UToSM was a flashback series that filled in gaps in the Lee/Ditko years of Amazing Spider-Man

Quite like X-MEN: THE HIDDEN YEARS, I guess.

frogoat

Aug 24, 2006, 04:17 am

Dargo, the 'once and future thor' get's a profile? Sweet!

Eric J. Moreels

Aug 24, 2006, 10:44 am

Marvel gave us the okay to post the cover, so feast your eyes!  :Yes:

jannepie

Aug 24, 2006, 11:04 am

I can't recognize both of the Skrulls on the cover. :blush: One of them is obviously Super-Skrull.

Others I believe are Strong Guy, Tiboro, Thor (Dargo), Tinkerer, Swarm, Stranger, Swordsman, Thanos, Thanatos, Two-Gun Kid, Taskmaster, Toad and Titania.

William Keogh

Aug 24, 2006, 12:50 pm

jannepie wrote:

I can't recognize both of the Skrulls on the cover. :blush: One of them is obviously Super-Skrull.

Others I believe are Strong Guy, Tiboro, Thor (Dargo), Tinkerer, Swarm, Stranger, Swordsman, Thanos, Thanatos, Two-Gun Kid, Taskmaster, Toad and Titania.

Titania. Meeeeooooowww..... :Cool:

Rayeye

Aug 24, 2006, 12:51 pm

jannepie wrote:

I also see Turbo (Mickey Musashi) - I wonder if the other Turbo (Michael Jeffries) is in it as well. And I hope it is the current Swordsman (Andreas) who is covered in this Handbook. By the way, who is the guy with the green helmet (standing at Strong Guy's right)?

Eric J. Moreels wrote:

Marvel gave us the okay to post the cover, so feast your eyes! :Yes:

Thanks! Could it be also possible for posting the cover of issue #8?

frogoat

Aug 24, 2006, 11:19 pm

Excellent! Thanks for sharing it!

Madison Carter

Aug 25, 2006, 03:16 am

Uncanny Madman wrote:

Why Talkback? The Runaways havn't used their "codenames" since the end of the first volume. That's like two years and 20 issues ago! I hated how Molly was down as "Bruiser" too...the codenames were more of a joke than anything...

Editorial decision. After Karolina and Nico were included in the Women of Marvel handbook (when they still used the names), it was decided to keep the tags for the rest, partly because Marvel wasn't sure if the codenames would be permanently dropped or not. Should there be another Handbook series and should the Runaways make it into it, rest assured they'll be under their regular names.

jannepie

Aug 25, 2006, 01:50 pm

Rayeye wrote:

I also see Turbo (Mickey Musashi)

I noticed her too, I just forgot to write her name. My credibility as a resourcist just made a deep fall. :blush:

Rayeye wrote:

By the way, who is the guy with the green helmet (standing at Strong Guy's right)?

Methinks that would be Tiboro. I believe he's one of Dr. Strange's enemies.

Andy E. Nystrom

Mar 8, 2010, 11:40 am

List of changes in Hardcovers. This will likely be my last list until v13 comes out; as far as I know all the other handbooks have at least one character who hasn’t been covered yet. These lists will resume late March/early April.

Stranger
Hardcover Volume: 11
Page Count: unchanged at 3
Text Changes: Aliases revised, Identity tweaked. Alter egos added to History; last sentence removed from paragraph beginning “The Stranger was present…”; end of 2nd last paragraph expanded.
Graphic Changes: New captioned secondary illo

Strong Guy
Page Count: unchanged at 2
Text Changes: History greatly revised/expanded. Hair revised. Strength on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one removed). 1 secondary illo removed.

Styfe
Page Count: increased from 2 to 3
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. History and Note completely rewritten/expanded. Hair revised. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded. Intelligence, Energy Projection, Fighting Skills on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: Main illo reversed. 2 secondary illos removed, remaining 2 captioned. 6 new captioned secondary illos.

William Stryker
Page Count: unchanged at 1
Text Changes: History and Abilities/Accessories somewhat revised and expanded (History rewrites more noticeable towards the end).

Sublime
Text Changes: Real Name and First Appearance revised. Minor History revisions.
Graphic Changes: Secondary illos slightly less cropped

Suma-Ket
Text/Graphic Changes: None

Sundown
Text Changes: Occupation revised. Final History sentence reworded. Abilities/Accessories somewhat revised. Speed on Power Grid revised
Graphic Changes: 1 secondary illo now captioned

Sunspot
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. History considerably revised/expanded. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded. Intelligence, Strength on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one removed). Main illo reversed. 2 secondary illos removed; 6 new secondary illos (3 captioned).

Sunturion
Text Changes: 2nd History paragraph expanded in middle. Note removed.

Superia
Text Changes: More alter egos added to History, in one case replacing Jackdaw reference.
Graphic Changes: New secondary illo

Super-Skrull
Page Count: increased from 3 to 4
Text Changes: Aliases, Known Relatives revised. History considerably revised/expanded, especially after the initial few paragraphs. Abilities/Accessories somewhat revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: Old secondary illo removed; 8 new secondary illos (2 share a caption and 4 more captioned)

Swarm
Page Count: increased from 1 to 2
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. History and Abilities/Accessories considerably revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: Main illo reversed. 4 new captioned secondary illos.

Swordsman
Now Listed As: Swordsman (von Strucker)
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. Aliases, Occupation, Group affiliation revised; Known Relatives tweaked. History and Abilities/Accessories completely rewritten/expanded (expansions especially History). Intelligence and Durability on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: new main illo (old one now secondary). Old secondary illos removed; 3 new secondary illos (1 captioned0

Talkback
Now Listed As: Chase Stein
Text Changes: Aliases, Known Relatives revised. Final History paragraph greatly expanded. Abilities/Accessories somewhat revised.
Graphic Changes: New only illo (old illos thus removed)

Taskmaster
Text Changes: Aliases, Occupation, Group Affiliation revised. History mostly rewritten/expanded. Eyes and Hair revised. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one removed). 3 secondary illos removed. 5 new captioned secondary illos.

Terminatrix

Thanatos
Hardcover Volume: 12

Thanos
Page Count: increased from 4 to 5
Text Changes: Known Relatives and Education revised. History and Abilities/Accessories greatly revised (and History expanded).mostly rewritten/expanded. Eyes and Hair revised. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: 1 secondary illo removed; 8 new secondary illos (4 captioned)

Thor (Dargo Ktor)
Now Listed As: Thor (Ktor)
Text Changes: Group Affiliation slightly revised.
Graphic Changes: None

Those Who Sit Above in Shadow

The Thousand
Now Listed As: Thousand
Other Text/Graphic Changes: None

Thunderbird
Now Listed As: Thunderbird (Shaara)
Text Changes: Occupation slightly revised. Alter egos added to History
Graphic Changes: 2 new secondary illos

Tiboro
Text Changes: Alter egos added to History; new sentence added to final paragraph

Time Variance Authority
Text Changes: History somewhat revised and expanded, with paragraph and new text weaving in and out of old; Zaniac paragraph removed.
Graphic Changes: Text other than caption removed from Nulltime Zone illo. 2 new headshots; First Appearance caption removed but First Appearances still listed, though one First Appearance shifted to another character of the same name; Mr. Tesseract illo cropped into more of a proper headshot

Time-Keepers
Text Changes: New sentenced added to end of final History paragraph

Timeslip
Text Changes: Alter egos added to History

Tinkerer
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. History and Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded. Fighting Skills on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one now secondary). 7 new secondary illos (5 captioned)

Titania
Text Changes: Aliases, Known Relatives, Group Affiliation revised. Initial History somewhat revised, then final sentence reworked into the start of a new final paragraph. Note and Abilities/Accessories revised/condensed.
Graphic Changes: 1 secondary illo now captioned, new secondary illo

Titanium Man
Text Changes: Alter egos added to History; final 2 paragraphs a little expanded. Aliases, Known Relatives, Group Affiliation revised. Initial History somewhat revised, then final sentence reworked into the start of a new final paragraph. Note and Abilities/Accessories revised/condensed.
Graphic Changes: new secondary illo

Titannus

Toad
Text Changes: Occupation, Group Affiliation, Education revised. History considerably revised/expanded. Abilities/Accessories expanded. Height, Weight, Eyes revised.
Graphic Changes: 2 secondary illos removed, 5 new captioned secondary illos

Titania
Text Changes: Known Relatives, Group Affiliation revised. Final History sentence removed, then final paragraph greatly expanded.
Graphic Changes: Secondary illo cropped.

Torgo

Torgo
Text Changes: Occupation, Citizenship, Known Relatives revised. Final History sentence replaced with 3 new ones. Speed and Durability on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: 1 secondary illo now captioned, new secondary illo

Jonathan Tremont

Turbo
Text Changes: Occupation, Group Affiliation, Education revised. 4 lengthy new final History paragraphs. History and Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded. Fighting Skills on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one now secondary). 3 new secondary illos

Two-Gun Kid
Text Changes: Occupation, Group Affiliation revised. Final History sentence replaced with new expanded text (some of the old text is at the end of the new last paragraph), then 2 new paragraphs added; alter egos added. New sentence added to end of first Note paragraph; new final paragraph added. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: 1 secondary illo removed, 1 captioned/less cropped; 4 new captioned secondary illos

Typhon
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. History and Abilities/Accessories complete rewritten. Strength and Energy Projection on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one now secondary)

Tyrant

Ultimate Nullifier
Text Changes: Some History paragraph mergers, then final paragraph expanded.

Ultimo
Text Changes: History mostly revised/expanded. New final Abilities/Accessories paragraph.
Graphic Changes: Secondary illo now captioned; 3 new captioned secondary illos

That Which Endures
Page Count: unchanged at ½
Text Changes: Alter egos added to History

Typeface
Page Count: unchanged at ½
Text Changes: Spider-Man’s alter ego added to History; final History sentence revised/expanded, then new final sentence

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera