Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/09/2020 12:36 pm  #1

All-New OHOTMU A-Z 2006 #12

Historical text from Comixfan, including info from Wayback Machine:
Eric J. Moreels
?, 2006
Coming in December from Marvel Comics...

[img]file:///C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png[/img]ALL-NEW OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE A TO Z #12
Written by VARIOUS

Featuring Ultra-Girl, Umar, Union Jack, Urthona, Vegas, Vulcan, Warhawk, Warlock, Adam Warlock, Warpath, Wiccan, Wild Thing, Alex Wilder, Winter Soldier, Pete Wisdom, Witchfire, Wizard, Jimmy Woo, X-Babies, Yandroth, Young Allies, Zodiac and more!

64 PGS./No Ads/Rated T+ ...$3.99

Playmobil
?, 2006
I can identify Warlock, Wiccan, Union Jack, Wild Thing, Venon, Arnin Zola, The X-Babies and Von Struker. Is the shirtless guy facing back the one from Alpha Flight with the annoying name?

skippcomet
?, 2006

Playmobil wrote:

I can identify Warlock, Wiccan, Union Jack, Wild Thing, Venon, Arnin Zola, The X-Babies and Von Struker. Is the shirtless guy facing back the one from Alpha Flight with the annoying name?

Yukon Jack? That'd be my guess. But I don't think that's Von Strucker, if only because Baron Strucker got an entry in ANOHOTMU #1. My guess is that's Zarrko (sp?) the Tomorrow Man.

Is the woman on the right next to Venom and in front of Zola supposed to be Umar?

I have no idea who the greenish-skinned man in the red outfit with what looks like yellow knives on the chest, and I'm not sure who the flying girl in the yellow outfit in the top center is (Ultra-Girl?).

One last question to the writers. Since this is the twelfth issue of twelve, I wonder if there's any idea how soon after this will the 2007 handbooks start coming out (whatever form they take). Will there be something coming out in January 2007, or well there be a gap in the publishing schedule? Or is it too soon to say?

Madison Carter
?, 2006

skippcomet wrote:

Yukon Jack? That'd be my guess. But I don't think that's Von Strucker, if only because Baron Strucker got an entry in ANOHOTMU #1. My guess is that's Zarrko (sp?) the Tomorrow Man.

Yes and Yes

skippcomet wrote:

I'm not sure who the flying girl in the yellow outfit in the top center is (Ultra-Girl?).

Yes

skippcomet wrote:

One last question to the writers. Since this is the twelfth issue of twelve, I wonder if there's any idea how soon after this will the 2007 handbooks start coming out (whatever form they take). Will there be something coming out in January 2007, or well there be a gap in the publishing schedule? Or is it too soon to say?

Too soon to say, but expect some sort of announcement soon.

gorby
?, 2006

skippcomet wrote:

I have no idea who the greenish-skinned man in the red outfit with what looks like yellow knives on the chest

It's Mitchell Tanner, aka Warhawk. He trapped once the X-Men in their Danger Room (UXM#110).

Is the Venom in this profile Mac Gargan ?

Keogh
?, 2006

gorby wrote:

Is the Venom in this profile Mac Gargan ?

It does look more like the design they've made for Gargan, so I'd expect so.

Playmobil
?, 2006

skippcomet wrote:

But I don't think that's Von Strucker, if only because Baron Strucker got an entry in ANOHOTMU #1. My guess is that's Zarrko (sp?) the Tomorrow Man.

You may be right on that one.

skippcomet wrote:

Yukon Jack? That'd be my guess.

Yukon Jack is not that annoying. I was refering to his real name. That's annoying.

gtrmp
?, 2006
Let's not forget about Varnae, either.

I guess the woman on the right could be Umar; if Viper hadn't received a profile in the Wolverine handbook, I'd think that this was her.

gorby
?, 2006
About Gargan, in all former Handbooks and in the Spider-Man Encyclopedia, his first appearance is reffered as Amazing Spider-Man #20. It seems to me that Gargan appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #19 (unnamed) before becoming the Scorpion in #20.

Rayeye
?, 2006
Also on the cover are Vulcan, Alex Wilder, Wild Thing and the Winter Soldier.

I hope Wyre, Wolfsbane, Widget and the Warpies are also covered in thise issue.

Eric J. Moreels

Dec 27, 2006, 08:43 pm

Out this week!

Also, the bibliography for this issue is now online @ marvel.com:

All-New OHotMU A-Z Bibliography #12: Ultragirl to Arnim Zola (http://www.marvel.com/universe/OHOTMU:Bibliography-AZ12)

What's everyone think of this finale to the 2006 Handbook series?

(And hey! We made it to the end of the 12 issue maxi-series! Thanks to everyone for your support! Hope to see y'all back for 2007!)

Andy E. Nystrom

Jun 27, 2010, 10:18 pm

A Z 12 List of Changes (and continuing my pattern of trying to alternate between lists that need a lot of work and lists that need less work; after the encyclopedia this one probably needed the most work; the only other remaining one from scratch should be Weapon X, and a lot of those probably won’t have changed)

Ultragirl
Hardcover Volume: 12
Page Count: Increased from 1 to 2
Text Changes: Identity, Occupation, Group Affiliation, Education revised. History and Abilities/Accessories considerably revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: New secondary illo

Umar
Page Count: Unchanged at 2
Text Changes: Final History paragraph greatly revised.
Graphic Changes: None

Uncreated
Page Count: Unchanged at 1
Text Changes: 2 sentences added to end of Traits paragraph. Weight revised.

Undying
Text Changes: First Appearance revised. History greatly revised
Graphic Changes: Main illo now captioned; new captioned secondary illo embedded in main illo

Undying Ones
Text Changes: History greatly revised, with first 2 and last 2 History paragraphs merged
Graphic Changes: new captioned secondary illo

Union Jack
Now Listed As: Union Jack (Chapman)
Page Count: Increased from 2 to 3
Text Changes: Group Affiliation revised. History greatly revised/expanded. New half-sentence added to end of Abilities/Accessories
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one removed). 1 secondary illo now cropped; new captioned secondary illo

Unus the Untouchable
Text Changes: Citizenship, Group Affiliation, Education revised. Final 2 History paragraphs greatly revised as a single paragraph. Abilities/Accessories considerably revised
Graphic Changes: Old illo replaced with new one

Urthona
Text Changes: Eyes revised

V-Battalion
Text Changes: Current Members and Former Members categories added. History considerably revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: Main illo cropped/captioned. 2 new captioned secondary illos. Headshots: First Appearances replaced with issues Active; Clowes and Sabuki recoloured; Golden Sun image cropped but more clear; Miles Wharton added.

Varnae
Text Changes: Identity revised. History almost completely rewritten/expanded. History greatly revised/expanded, now two paragraphs
Graphic Changes: 3 new captioned secondary illos

Vegas
Text/Graphic Changes: None

Venom
Page Count: Increased from 1 to 3
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. History and Abilities/Accessories considerably revised/expanded. Physical Statistics revised.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one now captioned secondary). Secondary illos removed; 9 new secondary illos (8 captioned, inc. classic Eliot R. Brown Scorpion tail stats)

Venus Dee Milo
Text Changes: History somewhat revised. Hair revised.
Graphic Changes: Right hand of main illo cropped out

Kristoff Vernard
Text Changes: More alter egos added to History

Vibraxas
Text Changes: More alter egos added to History

Vision
Hardcover Volume: 13
Now Listed As: Vision (Jonas)
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. Final 2 History sentences replaced with greatly expanded text.
Graphic Changes: 2 new secondary illos

Vivisector
Text Changes: Alter egos added to History. Final ½-sentence removed from Abilities/Accessories. Intelligence on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: Main illo cropped differently. Old secondary illo removed; 3 new secondary illos (2 captioned)

Vulcan
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. History completely rewritten/expanded. Eyes revised. Durability on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one removed); 3 new secondary illos (1 captioned)

Warhawk
Text Changes: Group Affiliation tweaked.

Warlock
Text Changes: Known Relatives, Group Affiliation revised. History greatly revised/expanded. Hair revised. Durability on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: One secondary illo now main illo with background removed (old main illo now secondary); another old secondary illo less cropped. 7 new secondary illos (3 sharing caption)

Adam Warlock
Page Count: Increased from 3 to 5
Text Changes: Aliases, Identity, Known Relatives, Group Affiliation revised. History and Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded. Skin category removed.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one now secondary); 9 new secondary illos (4 captioned)

Warpath
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. History and Abilities/accessories completely rewritten/expanded.
Graphic Changes: New secondary illo; one old secondary illo now captioned

Wiccan
Text Changes: 2nd half of final History paragraph revised/expanded.

Wild Child
Text Changes: Occupation Citizenship revised. Group Affiliation, First Appearance tweaked. History mostly revised/expanded. Abilities/Accessories completely rewritten/a little expanded. Speed and Fighting Skills on Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one removed); one secondary illo removed, one captioned. 7 new captioned secondary illos

Wild Thing
Text Changes: Citizenship, Place of Birth revised. More alter egos added to History

Alex Wilder
Text Changes: Final History ½-sentence replaced with 2 ½ new sentences

Wildpride
Text/Graphic Changes: None

Windshear
Text Changes: Alter egos added to History
Graphic Changes: Main illo cropped differently

Winter Soldier
Hardcover Volume: 2
Now Listed As: Captain America (Barnes)
Page Count: Increased from 1 to 3
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. History and Abilities/Accessories mostly revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one now captioned secondary); old secondary illos removed. 4 new secondary illos (1 captioned)

Pete Wisdom
Text Changes: Occupation, Known Relatives, Group Affiliation, Education revised. Up to final paragraph, History somewhat revised, then final paragraph removed and 5 new ones added. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised.
Graphic Changes: 1 secondary illo removed, 2 added

Witchfire
Text Changes: Aliases tweaked. Occupation revised. Large new sentence added to end of final History paragraph. Power Grid revised.
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one now captioned secondary)

Wizard
Page Count: Increased from 3 to 4
Text Changes: Known Relatives, Group Affiliation revised. History greatly revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: 1 secondary illo removed, 1 added

Wolfsbane
Text Changes: Occupation, Group Affiliation revised. History and Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded. Height and Weight revised
Graphic Changes: New main illo (old one now secondary). 1 secondary illo removed, 1 captioned/less cropped, 1 more captioned. 3 new secondary illos (2 captioned)

Jimmy Woo
Text Changes: Real Name, Occupation, Known Relatives, Group Affiliation revised. History and Abilities/Accessories considerably revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: 3 new secondary illos (2 captioned)

Xandu
Text Changes: Group Affiliation revised/abridged. New sentence added to end of final History paragraph.
Graphic Changes: The previously uncaptioned secondary illo now captioned

Xavier’s Underground Enforcers
Text Changes: History a little revised.

X-Babies
Text Changes: Current Members, Evil Babies revised. Age of Apocalyphe Evil Babies, Adorable X-Babies, and Unaffiliated categories added. New large final History paragraph.
Graphic Changes: Old illo now captioned and moved to 2nd page (thus arguably no real main illo for this entry). 7 new captioned secondary illos (though in one case, the captions are from the original comic)

Yandroth
Hardcover Volume: 14
Text Changes: Aliases revised. History initially somewhat revised, including 1st 2 and last 2 paragraphs being merged, then new final paragraph. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised.

Young Allies
Text Changes: Former Members, First Appearance revised. History considerably revised. Note added.
Graphic Changes: 2 of the captions in the old illo revised. New captioned secondary illo

Zarrko the Tomorrow Man
Text Changes: Aliases revised. Final History sentence and a little of the one before replaced with new longer sentence plus a new end to the previous sentence.
Graphic Changes: Main illo now cropped (part of cape)

Zeitgeist
Text Changes: Alter egos added to History

Z’nox
Text Changes: Known Members revised. New final History paragraph

Zodiac
Page Count: Increased from 4 to 6
Text Changes: Membership categories added for Cartel, LMD Group, First Sign, Ecliptic’s, World Trust, United Nations, and Baal Abib. Base of Operations removed. First Appearance revised. History greatly revised. Dates added to the zodiac identities section, after the description of the signs. First Appearances added to every member described. LMD histories tweaked. New passages for United Nations/Baal Abib group members. First unidentified Aries now identified. Final history sentence for Libra/Brandt revised. 2nd unidentified Scorpio’s last history sentence replaced with 2 new ones. Note greatly revised/expanded,
Graphic Changes: Main illo and 2 secondary illos’ captions expanded. 1 secondary illo removed. 11 new captioned secondary illos (4 share a caption, as do 2 others)

Arnim Zola
Text Changes: Alter egos added to History. End of final History paragraph somewhat revised, then new final paragraph added.
Graphic Changes: One secondary illo now cropped

Vargas
Page Count: Unchanged at ½
Text Changes: Alter egos added to History. Final 2 History paragraphs replaced with two new ones. Abilities/Accessories tweaked.

Washout
Text Changes: Group Affiliation tweaked. First Appearance revised.

Yith
Page Count: Increased from ½ to 1
Text Changes: Known Relatives revised/considerably expanded. History mostly revised/expanded. Height tweaked. Eyes revised. Power Numbers now Power Grid (same levels)

Yukon Jack
Text Changes: Aliases, Identity, Known Relatives revised. History greatly revised/expanded. Abilities/Accessories mostly revised.

Last edited by Andy E. Nystrom (2/13/2020 5:56 pm)

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera