Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/09/2020 4:03 pm  #1

All-New Iron Manual

Historical text from Comixfan:

ultrabasurero

Feb 19, 2008, 12:32 pm

Coming from Marvel in May...

ALL-NEW IRON MANUAL
Written by MICHAEL HOSKIN, ANTHONY FLAMINI, RONALD BYRD, STUART VANDAL, JACOB ROUGEMONT, CHAD ANDERSON, DAVID WILTFONG, MARK O'ENGLISH, MIKE FICHERA & AL SJOERDSMA
Armor Gallery Penciled by CARLO PAGULAYAN
Schematics Penciled by ELIOT R. BROWN
Cover by GREG LAND

These are the chronicles of Tony Stark: the playboy, the genius inventor, the philanthropist, the director of S.H.I.E.L.D., the futurist, the hero. This Handbook is the definitive resource to the world of Iron Man, featuring Tony's closest allies (Happy and Pepper Hogan, War Machine, the Order) and deadliest foes (Justin Hammer, Mandarin, Obadiah Stane)! Includes a complete gallery of the Iron Man armors, plus all-new schematics of key armors and the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier!

64 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

<hr width=50% align=center>

Is this a standard handbook at 4.99, or is it something different? Also, I didn't see the Premier Handbook Vol. 3 HC in the solicitations. Is it going to be released in May?

Stuart V

Feb 19, 2008, 03:27 pm

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=8721

ultrabasurero wrote:

Is this a standard handbook at 4.99, or is it something different? Also, I didn't see the Premier Handbook Vol. 3 HC in the solicitations. Is it going to be released in May?

It's a handbook. As for the hardcovers, I believe that because of the heavy schedules they entail, and because we also have both the Atlas and this Handbook to do as well, the hardcovers have been made bi-monthly for the first couple (with Atlas 2 and Iron Manual slotted in the gap months), before returning to a monthly schedule thereafter.

Captain Speedbump

Feb 19, 2008, 03:47 pm

Looking forward to an Iron Man Handbook! :dance:

Keep up the great work folks, and I'll let you know what I think of the Hardcover when it comes out!!

Capt. Speedbump

ultrabasurero

Feb 19, 2008, 04:20 pm

Stuart V wrote:

It's a handbook. As for the hardcovers, I believe that because of the heavy schedules they entail, and because we also have both the Atlas and this Handbook to do as well, the hardcovers have been made bi-monthly for the first couple (with Atlas 2 and Iron Manual slotted in the gap months), before returning to a monthly schedule thereafter.

Is it 64 pages, or more?

skippcomet

Feb 19, 2008, 05:06 pm

Is the "Order" the Initiative Team that was originally going to be called the "Champions," or is it something else?

William Keogh

Feb 19, 2008, 06:17 pm

skippcomet wrote:

Is the "Order" the Initiative Team that was originally going to be called the "Champions," or is it something else?

Yes, it is.

Eduardo M.

Feb 19, 2008, 08:08 pm

Mandarian's getting a profile in this?

So does this mean the Mandarian profile in the Hardcover's going to be out of date or it basically be a repeat of the Iron Manual's profile?

glad to see poor Happy Hogan is getting a profile. the closest he's gotten so far has been the profile for the Freak in the 1960s Handbook.

Please tell me eliot Brown is doing the schematics.

Roger Ott

Feb 19, 2008, 09:12 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

Say's up top "PENCILS: ELIOT BROWN", so I'd say yes!

I am so looking forward to this.

Stuart V

Feb 20, 2008, 09:39 am

ultrabasurero wrote:

Is it 64 pages, or more?

Going from memory, so I could be wrong, but I think it is 48 pages. It's definitely not more than 64.

skippcomet wrote:

Yes, the profile will be for that team.

Eduardo M. wrote:

Mandarian's getting a profile in this?

So does this mean the Mandarian profile in the Hardcover's going to be out of date or it basically be a repeat of the Iron Manual's profile?

None of the entries in the Hardcovers will be out of date for when they are printed (though by the nature of print, some of the ones in the first few volumes will almost certainly be a little out of date before the series concludes). We won't have hit M in the hardcovers by the time this book comes out, so the Mandarin profile in the hardcovers will likely be an updated version of the one here.

Eduardo M. wrote:

glad to see poor Happy Hogan is getting a profile. the closest he's gotten so far has been the profile for the Freak in the 1960s Handbook.

Yes, Happy finally gets his due.

Eduardo M. wrote:

Yes.

ultrabasurero

Feb 20, 2008, 12:18 pm

Stuart V wrote:

Going from memory, so I could be wrong, but I think it is 48 pages. It's definitely not more than 64.

Are the handbooks going to be 4.99 like listed in the Marvel catalog, or is that a mistake? Did the cost of making handbooks go up?

Stuart V

Feb 20, 2008, 12:28 pm

ultrabasurero wrote:

Are the handbooks going to be 4.99 like listed in the Marvel catalog, or is that a mistake? Did the cost of making handbooks go up?

Pass. Simply put, we only write them, so it could be they've raised the price, it could be that it's a mistake, there might be a one-off price increase for reasons I don't know; whichever it is, unfortunately, I don't know.

Michael Hoskin

Feb 20, 2008, 12:59 pm

ultrabasurero wrote:

Is it 64 pages, or more?

65. :-)

Roger Ott

Feb 23, 2008, 04:43 pm

In addition to those mentioned, here's hoping we see profiles on characters like Firepower, the second Firebrand, Edwin Cord, the Dreadnoughts, Jasper Sitwell, Senator Harrington Byrd, those rogue Tony Stark LMDs (or just LMDs in general), the Espionage Elite, Marianne Rodgers, Wong Chu, Professor Yinsen, Bethany Cabe, Mrs. Arbogast, the Raiders, the Mauler, Morley and Clytemnestra Erwin, the Termite, Yorgon Tykkio, Marcy Pearson, Masters of Silence, etc.

Okay, you might not be able to fit them all in, but hopefully some... :]

Stuart V

Feb 23, 2008, 06:28 pm

Roger Ott wrote:

In addition to those mentioned, here's hoping we see profiles on characters like Firepower, the second Firebrand, Edwin Cord, the Dreadnoughts, Jasper Sitwell, Senator Harrington Byrd, those rogue Tony Stark LMDs (or just LMDs in general), the Espionage Elite, Marianne Rodgers, Wong Chu, Professor Yinsen, Bethany Cabe, Mrs. Arbogast, the Raiders, the Mauler, Morley and Clytemnestra Erwin, the Termite, Yorgon Tykkio, Marcy Pearson, Masters of Silence, etc.

Okay, you might not be able to fit them all in, but hopefully some... :]

You'll get at least some of your wishes to come true.

Roger Ott

Feb 24, 2008, 08:54 am

You guys have surprised me with every Handbook so far, therefore I figured this would be no exception.

May is gonna be a good month!

ultrabasurero

Feb 25, 2008, 07:23 pm

Is this going to have a full Iron Man bio, or only what's happened since the Most Wanted Files?

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 25, 2008, 08:58 pm

ultrabasurero wrote:

Is this going to have a full Iron Man bio, or only what's happened since the Most Wanted Files?

I don't know the answer, but I'm betting since he subsequently got an 8-page entry in the Mighty Avengers handbook, he'll just get a partial update only if at all. It wouldn't make sense to take up space with, say, a 9-10 page Iron Man entry so close to his hardcover entry. Not with such a rich roster of villains and supporting charaters worthy of entries.

Sidney Osinga

Feb 26, 2008, 10:42 am

I hope that we see a few pages devoted to pictures of Iron Man's armor that don't cause eye strain, unlike the Most wanted Files. It would also be nice to see a few more events enries, such as the Armor Wars.

Michael Hoskin

Feb 26, 2008, 12:01 pm

ultrabasurero wrote:

Full bio - we're going whole hog! There should be plenty of space to give Pagulayan's armor gallery its due.

Roger Ott

Feb 26, 2008, 12:14 pm

Are you writing the Iron Man bio again, Michael? I thought you did an excellent job on the last one.

I'll also second Uber.Geek's request for an Armor Wars event entry.

Michael Hoskin

Feb 26, 2008, 11:57 pm

Roger Ott wrote:

Are you writing the Iron Man bio again, Michael? I thought you did an excellent job on the last one.

Thank you! I am tackling him once again - a few Iron fans took exception to how I described his abilities last time, so the hope is that this time out I can do a better job of gauging his current power level (and mind the use of language lest it wind up in someone's versus thread as "proof").

Roger Ott

Feb 28, 2008, 12:04 pm

Will this book be getting an online bibliography? Iron Man seemed to get short-changed on a lengthy biblio compared to other characters in the Mighty Avengers Most Wanted Files.

Michael Hoskin

Feb 28, 2008, 10:45 pm

Roger Ott wrote:

Will this book be getting an online bibliography? Iron Man seemed to get short-changed on a lengthy biblio compared to other characters in the Mighty Avengers Most Wanted Files.

Yup, there will be a bibliography.

Rayeye

Feb 29, 2008, 05:38 am

Yeah, the handbooks go on! I'm glad that besides the hardcovers also new handbooks are made.

Roger Ott

Feb 29, 2008, 12:09 pm

Michael Hoskin wrote:

Yup, there will be a bibliography.

You're a good man, Michael, no matter what the other guys say about you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael Hoskin

Mar 3, 2008, 02:12 pm

Roger Ott wrote:

You're a good man, Michael, no matter what the other guys say about you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, they call me "Concentration Camp" Erhardt, eh?

Sidney Osinga

Mar 28, 2008, 01:59 pm

Is there a chance that this book might come out titled the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Iron Man, due to a last minute name change?

Michael Hoskin

Apr 7, 2008, 01:28 pm

Those of you who have been asking for new art in the OHOTMU are definitely going to be well served by next month's All-New Iron Manual. I'm pleased to announce that in addition to the already-solicited new art by Carlo Pagulayan & Eliot R. Brown another of my favorite artists has been added to the project: Ron Lim.

This is by far the most new OHOTMU art since the Master Edition went under. Be sure to demonstrate your support!

Roger Ott

Apr 7, 2008, 11:20 pm

I've already been plugging this everywhere I go, but now I'll have to ratchet it up a notch or two!

Captain Speedbump

Apr 13, 2008, 08:12 pm

I'm really looking forward to this one... well, I "really look forward" to any and all Handbook related stuff, but with the Iron Man movie coming out, Essential IM #3 hitting the streets, and so much more, it seems the Iron Man corner of the Marvel Universe is finally getting its long overdue.

In addition to Iron Man's foes, I'd like to see some info on the supporting cast (Bambi Arbogast, Eddie March, etc.) Maybe a "Stark Employees" section that can be similar to the Gamma Mutates section of the World War Hulk Handbook?

Also, this is somewhat off topic, but does anyone know whatever happened to the Marvel Encyclopedias? After the X-men (Vol 2), Spider-Man (Vol 4), Marvel Knights (Vol 5), and Fantastic Four (Vol 6), I was hoping they would do more, maybe with the Avengers or something. But apparently after #6, nothing else came out.

Also, as someone asked before, will any Handbook item be released in July?

Thanks,
Capt. Speedbump

William Keogh

Apr 15, 2008, 12:44 pm

I'm not sure, but the solicits in July show a one shot called Skrulls that seems to read like a handbook of sorts...

Michael Hoskin

Apr 25, 2008, 01:47 pm

Newsarama has an interview with Eliot R. Brown about the All-New Iron Manual which includes some preview images:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=154962

Roger Ott

Apr 26, 2008, 01:33 am

Eliot Brown is one of my creative heroes in comics, and when I was a student of design and drafting in college, his work was often an inspiration to me. Great to see that he's getting back in the spotlight again.

ultrabasurero

Apr 28, 2008, 02:44 pm

Iron Manual interview with Michael Hoskin (http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstor...he_Iron_Manual)

I can't wait to get this.

Eduardo M.

Apr 28, 2008, 03:25 pm

ultrabasurero wrote:

Iron Manual interview with Michael Hoskin (http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstor...he_Iron_Manual)

I can't wait to get this.

Neither can I. And it looks like some people I've been wanting to see handbook entries on will get their due. :clap:

Sidney Osinga

Apr 29, 2008, 01:47 pm

Oh man, I can't wait to get this! It looks so damn awesome! Also nice to see decent sized pictures of the armors.

Eduardo M.

May 14, 2008, 03:31 pm

I picked this up at my LCS. Nicely done. I love the new entry for Iron Man. Also glad some old favs like Pepper and Happy Hogan finally got some handbook love. Bambi Aborgast, Abe Zimmer, Jasper Sitwell, Rumiko Fujikawa, and Eddie March were pleasant surprises. All in all not a bad book.

One question though, was there anything new added to the entries on crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man? At first glance they seem unchanged.

Captain Morgan

May 14, 2008, 07:52 pm

Was Iron Man still rated at 100 tons? I know he was in the Mighty Avengers Files. I'll have to pick up this new handbook to add it to my collection of Marvel handbooks. I spent $50 dollars in the last two days picking up the hardcovers but imo it was worth it.

ultrabasurero

May 14, 2008, 08:33 pm

Here's what is inside for those that want to know:

Bambi Arbogast, Bethany Cabe, Crimson Cynamo, Dum Dum Dugan, Firepower, Force, Friday, Rumiko Fujikawa, Guardsmen, Justin Hammer, Maya Hansen, Happy Hogan, Pepper Hogan, HOMER, Iron Man, Iron Monger, Sal Kennedy, Mandarin, Mandarin (Temujin), Eddie March, Maria Stark Foundation, Mordecai Midas, Michael O'Brien, The Order, PLATO, Raiders, Marianne Rodgers, S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, Jasper Sitwell, Sons of Yinsen, Stark Industries, Morgan Stark, Titanium Man, VIRGIL, War Machine, Wong-Chu, Ho Yinsen, Abraham Zimmer

Eric J. Moreels

May 15, 2008, 08:15 am

Heya gang!

The Official Bibliographies for this issue are now online @ Marvel.com (http://www.marvel.com/universe/OHOTM...y-IronMan_2008)!

Enjoy!

oenglish

May 15, 2008, 10:56 am

Eduardo M. wrote:

One question though, was there anything new added to the entries on Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man? At first glance they seem unchanged.

While I can't answer for the TM, Crimson Dynamo was updated slightly for both the Iron Manual and the hardbound OHOTMU, which happened to come out within a couple weeks of each other. New art and mention of the recent CD appearance in Hulk 1 were added. So, its the same entry seen in the hardbound, but updated over the one published last year (?) in an ANOHOTMU-U issue.

slevin87

May 15, 2008, 12:50 pm

While it's a great book, I was a bit disappointed that the Crimson Dynamo's entry was the same as in the hardcover (which I'd already bought) and that Titanium Man was included despite not having any new appearances. I personally would have rather seen brand-new material instead, especially since this one had a higher page count (and price) than usual. Don't get me wrong, I love the handbooks, always have; but I felt a bit cheated, to be honest.

Still, as I said, it's a good read, and I'm glad that Morgan Stark got an entry (he was on my personal wish list). The new artwork is great, too. I hope I haven't offended anybody with my criticism, I just felt that I needed to speak my peace.

Michael Hoskin

May 15, 2008, 02:10 pm

slevin87 wrote:

While it's a great book, I was a bit disappointed that the Crimson Dynamo's entry was the same as in the hardcover (which I'd already bought) and that Titanium Man was included despite not having any new appearances. I personally would have rather seen brand-new material instead, especially since this one had a higher page count (and price) than usual. Don't get me wrong, I love the handbooks, always have; but I felt a bit cheated, to be honest.

Still, as I said, it's a good read, and I'm glad that Morgan Stark got an entry (he was on my personal wish list). The new artwork is great, too. I hope I haven't offended anybody with my criticism, I just felt that I needed to speak my piece.

I'm not offended, you have a right to speak your peace. The decision to include the Crimson Dynamo & Titanium Man was made over our heads; hopefully it will please people who bought the book specifically to satisfy their needs as Iron Man fans, but I knew it would be unsatisfying for long-time OHOTMU fans.

slevin87

May 15, 2008, 02:58 pm

Michael Hoskin wrote:

I'm not offended, you have a right to speak your peace. The decision to include the Crimson Dynamo & Titanium Man was made over our heads; hopefully it will please people who bought the book specifically to satisfy their needs as Iron Man fans, but I knew it would be unsatisfying for long-time OHOTMU fans.

I figured as much. Thanks for the response! :Biggrin:

Sidney Osinga

May 16, 2008, 01:54 pm

I was surprised to see it this week. I assumed that it would be out the final week of the month like most Handbooks. I really enjoyed it, but I have a few problems with it, First of all, the last paragraph of the Maya Hansen entry contained the same information written two different ways. Second, the Raiders entry missed their appearence in the Assault on Armor City story in the Darkhawk, Avengers West Coast, and Iron Man Annuals. Finally, like many others, I was disappointed that the Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man entries were just copies with no new information. I feel that the pages would have been better used to have entries for: the Night Phantom, Freak Quincy, Ayisha, Absynthe, the Armor War event, Kathleen Dare, the Melter, the original Blizzard, the Erwin siblings, Firebrand, Edwin Cord, or the Demolisher robot.

Stuart V

May 16, 2008, 05:07 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

I was surprised to see it this week. I assumed that it would be out the final week of the month like most Handbooks. I really enjoyed it, but I have a few problems with it, First of all, the last paragraph of the Maya Hansen entry contained the same information written two different ways. Second, the Raiders entry missed their appearence in the Assault on Armor City story in the Darkhawk, Avengers West Coast, and Iron Man Annuals. Finally, like many others, I was disappointed that the Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man entries were just copies with no new information. I feel that the pages would have been better used to have entries for: the Night Phantom, Freak Quincy, Ayisha, Absynthe, the Armor War event, Kathleen Dare, the Melter, the original Blizzard, the Erwin siblings, Firebrand, Edwin Cord, or the Demolisher robot.

Strictly speaking the Crimson Dynamo entry was updated from the last entry, it's just that the same updated entry was also used for the hardcovers because they came out so close together. Titanium Man just hasn't had anything new happen since the last entry. And as Michael noted, editorial felt they were too important to Iron Man's mythos to miss out for this handbook; we'd have liked not to repeat ourselves too much either, but with this coming out in time to tie with the movie, I can understand editorial's reasoning.

I'll raise the other points with the writers of the various entries.

William Keogh

May 16, 2008, 05:39 pm

Good issue once again, and I understand the reasons for including Dynamo and Titanium Man profiles. First, outstanding work on Herr Starkenfuhrers' profile, which if I'm not mistaken now rates as the most extensive profile of any Marvel character to date in the handbooks. And it's good to have seen sizeable pics of all of the armors. Second, good work on other profiles, including Pepper and Happy Hogan, Iron Monger, Bambi Arbogast, War Machine, the Order, Morgan Stark, the Maria Stark Foundation, Bethany Cabe, the Mandarins, and Rumiko. And I'll agree that characters or events like Ayisha, Firebrand, Kathleen Dare, and the Armor Wars should have profiles somewhere down the line, and perhaps Jocasta should have a more extended profile from her earlier one.

Eduardo M.

May 16, 2008, 10:19 pm

William Keogh wrote:

Good issue once again, and I understand the reasons for including Dynamo and Titanium Man profiles. First, outstanding work on Herr Starkenfuhrers' profile, which if I'm not mistaken now rates as the most extensive profile of any Marvel character to date in the handbooks. And it's good to have seen sizeable pics of all of the armors. Second, good work on other profiles, including Pepper and Happy Hogan, Iron Monger, Bambi Arbogast, War Machine, the Order, Morgan Stark, the Maria Stark Foundation, Bethany Cabe, the Mandarins, and Rumiko. And I'll agree that characters or events like Ayisha, Firebrand, Kathleen Dare, and the Armor Wars should have profiles somewhere down the line, and perhaps Jocasta should have a more extended profile from her earlier one.

Jocasta will probably get one in the A-Z Hardcovers.

As for people/places/things that haven't gotten Handbook love I'd like to see the Stark (alien race from Guardians of the Galaxy), Theron Atlanta, Contessa de la Spiroza, Mandarin's Avatars, the Seekers, the Works, Ezekial Stane, and Justin Hammer's Minions.

WyldKard

May 23, 2008, 05:38 am

I would just like to ask - what's the deal with the names included in the Guardsmen entry? To my knowledge, very few of them have been named in the past, so I assume the OHOTMU staff and/or Marvel editorial named most of these. I recognize a lot of these names as former Marvel creative talent, mostly inkers.

Harry Bright - Mark D. Bright (or Hollis Bright?)
Marty Delarosa - Sam Delarosa
Charlie DeMulder - Kim DeMulder
Billy Fredricks - Fred Fredericks
Mike Ivy - Christopher Ivy
Emilio Layton - Bob Layton
Conrad Mahlstedt - Larry Mahlstedt
Russ Mendoza - Jaime Mendoza
Eliot Villagran - Enrique Villagran and/or Ricardo Villagran
Larson Dzon - Tim Dzon
Rick McLaurin - Marc McLaurin
Corben Rubinstein - Joe Rubinstein
Ernie Vancata - Brad Vancata

Care to comment? Did I miss any? What was the thought process behind choosing these guys? I find this kind of behind-the-scenes stuff very interesting.

Sean McQuaid

May 24, 2008, 04:50 pm

WyldKard wrote:

I would just like to ask - what's the deal with the names included in the Guardsmen entry? To my knowledge, very few of them have been named in the past, so I assume the OHOTMU staff and/or Marvel editorial named most of these. I recognize a lot of these names as former Marvel creative talent, mostly inkers.

A lot of minor Guardsmen characters over the years were referred to by a first name or a last name but weren't given full names. OHotMU writer Chad Anderson gave them full names by selecting first or last names from the creative teams of those comics, mostly the names of various inkers.

-Sean

Stuart V

Jun 4, 2008, 08:34 am

Numerous internet sources claim Bethany Cabe's middle name is Ann. However, when I was writing her entry for the Iron Manual, I didn't see any evidence of that middle name while reading her stories - I did find an entirely different middle name, Camilla, in Iron Man #300's profile on her. I can see 3 possibilities:

1. It's an internet name, proof of how false information disseminated online can spread. I'm inclined to take this as the most likely option (someone misreading Bethany as Beth Ann), but I likewise don't wish to be falsely confidant and make an error in the Handbooks because of it.

2. I missed a passing mention of Ann somewhere in her stories.

3. A middle name of Ann is given in an issue where she is mentioned but doesn't appear, hence my missing it.

I'd like to make sure I haven't missed a genuine comic reference to her middle name. So please, if anyone can identify a place in the comics where she is given the middle name Ann, please can you let me know.

Roger Ott

Jun 4, 2008, 12:09 pm

Her middle name is also stated as Camilla in Iron Man: The Legend, though that book was littered with inaccuracies.

Roger Ott

Jun 4, 2008, 12:13 pm

I just finally got this book yesterday, and it's quite an excellent read. Congrats to all involved. One thing I noticed, though, in the Force entry, is that the picture labeled Carl Walker was actually still him as Clayton Wilson. When he "became" Carl Walker at the end of Iron Man #224, he was sporting a big ol' mustache, and did in several subsequent appearances.

lurkerabove

Jun 19, 2008, 12:03 am

Will teh Shield Heli-carrier be in the Hardcover Handbook with specs when we get up to "S"

Sidney Osinga

Jun 19, 2008, 12:17 am

lurkerabove wrote:

Will teh Shield Heli-carrier be in the Hardcover Handbook with specs when we get up to "S"

Apparently all the the entries will be included.

Eduardo M.

Oct 11, 2008, 05:55 pm

I was looking through the Iron manual TPB the other day and noticed some changes were done to this handbook when it placed inside.

There several entries from other handbooks that were added in. the opnly ones I can remember off the top of my head are Force Works, Madame Masque, and Ultimo. I also noticed the art has changed in Iron Man's entry. Some pics for his armors are bigger than otehrs and other pics have been added. I didn'r get a chance to look in depth to see of any info has been added but I did notice that the entry for the Raiders is still missing their post-Armor Wars appearances.

Michael Hoskin

Oct 14, 2008, 11:28 am

Eduardo M. wrote:

I was looking through the Iron manual TPB the other day and noticed some changes were done to this handbook when it placed inside.

There several entries from other handbooks that were added in. the opnly ones I can remember off the top of my head are Force Works, Madame Masque, and Ultimo. I also noticed the art has changed in Iron Man's entry. Some pics for his armors are bigger than otehrs and other pics have been added. I didn'r get a chance to look in depth to see of any info has been added but I did notice that the entry for the Raiders is still missing their post-Armor Wars appearances.

Iron Man's entry also has some expanded text, including the Abilities/Accessories section.

X-Project

Dec 14, 2008, 05:33 am

is it inclued in an iron man trade?

Andy E. Nystrom

Jun 9, 2010, 09:35 pm

List of Changes in Hardcovers

Bambi Arbogast
Hardcover Volume: 14
Page Count: Unchanged at 1
Text/Graphic Changes: None

Bethany Cabe
Text Changes: Aliases, Occupation, Group Affiliation revised. Final History sentence replaced with 2 new larger ones. New sentence added to end of Abilities/Accessories. Power Grid revised. New captioned secondary illo.
Graphic Changes: None

Crimson Dynamo
Hardcover Volume: 2 (Note: Hardcover entry preceded the Iron Manual by one week)
Page Count: Unchanged at 3

Dum Dum Dugan
Hardcover Volume: 3
Now Listed As: Timothy “Dum Dum” Dugan
Additional Text/Graphic Changes: None

Firepower
Hardcover Volume: 4

Force
Page Count: Unchanged at 2
Text Changes: None
Graphic Changes: 2 headshot captions reversed to correct error

Rumiko Fujikawa

Guardsman
Hardcover Volume: 5
Text Changes: Current and Former Members expanded. New sentence added to end of History. Main and one secondary illo now have First Appearances added.

Justin Hammer
Graphic Changes: Caption added to a secondary illo

Maya Hansen
Graphic Changes: new secondary illo

Happy Hogan

Pepper Hogan
Text Changes: Group Affiliation expanded. New sentence added to end of History.
Graphic Changes: One secondary illo removed, 1 added.

Iron Man
Now Listed As: Iron Man (Tony Stark)
Page Count: Unchanged at 11
Text Changes: New sentence added to History paragraph starting with “As public sentiment…”; 2 paragraphs merged; 2 sentences added to final paragraph. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: Some armours renumbered due to former Model 14 now being designated Model 13 Hulkbuster; 38 armours including main illo have First Appearances added. 5 new secondary illos (2 captioned). Stark Notes page removed.

Iron Monger
Text Changes: New sentence added to 2nd last History paragraph

Sal Kennedy
Hardcover Volume: 6

Mandarin
Hardcover Volume: 7
Page Count: Increased from 3 to 4
Graphic Changes: One secondary illo removed. Hands close-ups expanded to show the full rings information from Marvel Universe#15. 10 new secondary illos (7 captioned).

Mandarin (Temujin)
Text Changes: New sentence added to end of History

Eddie March
Graphic Changes: New captioned secondary illo of Mark 1 armour

Maria Stark Foundation

Mordecai Midas
Text Changes: Order of Abilities/Accessories paragraphs shifted; if you number the paragraphs according to the Iron Manual, the new order is: 3, 5, 4, 1, 2.
Graphic Changes: New captioned secondary illo

Michael O’Brien
Hardcover Volume: 8

The Order
Text Changes: Current and Former Members categories added. Sub-entries removed, with a lot of the text merged into the main History section. Thus History considerably revised/expanded.
Graphic Changes: Old illos replaced with four new captioned ones.

Raiders
Hardcover Volume: 9
Text Changes: New sentence added at end of final History paragraph

Marianne Rodgers
Hardcover Volume: 9
Text Changes: Minor editing

SHIELD Helicarrier
Hardcover Volume: 10
Now Listed As: S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier
Graphic Changes: Figure B’s header error corrected but now part of the line in Figure C cut off in error

Jasper Sitwell
Page Count: Increased from 1 to 2
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. History and Abilities/Accessories almost completely rewritten/expanded
Graphic Changes: New secondary illo

Sons of Yinsen

Stark Industries
Hardcover Volume: 11
Page Count: Unchanged at 3
Text Changes: Current Members and First Appearance revised. Former Members revised/broken down into sub-categories.
Graphic Changes: One secondary illo removed. Avril, Carr, Harrigan, O’Brien headshots cropped. Endo headshot replaced with new one. Background removed from Zimmerman headshot

Morgan Stark
Hardcover Volume: 11
Text Changes: Occupation revised. Final History sentence replaced with 3 new ones

Titanium Man
Hardcover Volume: 12
Text Changes: Alter egos added to History, which has a new half sentence at end of 2nd last paragraph.

War Machine
Hardcover Volume: 13
Page Count: Increased from 3 to 4
Text Changes: Vital Statistics revised. History initially somewhat revised/expanded; bottom half of the final History paragraph removed, then 4 new paragraphs added. Abilities/Accessories greatly revised/expanded
Graphic Changes: 1 secondary illo removed; 5 new secondary illos (1 captioned)

Ho Yinsen

Wong-Chu
Text Changes: Final History sentence replaced with new one

Abraham Zimmer

Friday
Page Count: Unchanged at ½
Graphic Changes: 4 new secondary illos

HOMER

PLATO

VIRGIL

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera