Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2020 8:24 am  #1

Official Index to the Marvel Universe #4

Historical text from Comixfan:

Eric J. Moreels

Jan 20, 2009, 07:22 pm

Coming from Marvel in April...

OFFICIAL INDEX TO THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #4
Written by AL SJOERDSMA, CHRIS BUCHNER, RONALD BYRD, MICHAEL HOSKIN, ERIC J. MOREELS, ROBERT J. SODARO, JEPH YORK & STUART VANDAL

Continuing the chronicle of the Marvel Universe, starting with Spider-Man (from Amazing Spider-Man #170 on), Iron Man (from Iron Man #70 on) and the X-Men (from Uncanny X-Men Annual #7 on). Follow the history of the Marvel universe as it unfolds month by month with the All-New Official Index to the Marvel Universe. Each issue provides synopses for dozens of individual comics, including back-up strips, introducing you to the characters, teams, places and equipment that appeared within, providing vital information about first appearances, where they last showed up and where they appeared next!

64 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

drmick

Jan 21, 2009, 08:53 am

Does anybody know if these will be collected in a TPB or hardcover?

Stuart V

Jan 21, 2009, 09:22 am

drmick wrote:

Does anybody know if these will be collected in a TPB or hardcover?

There are no plans to do so.

Eric J. Moreels

Jan 21, 2009, 05:13 pm

Eric J. Moreels wrote:

There are no plans to do so.

And even if there were, the "wait for the trade" mentality would be bad for the series as we're dependant on sales of the monthly book to maintain a long and healthy run!

Sidney Osinga

Mar 11, 2009, 11:11 pm

Considering what was in #3, here's what is going to be covered:
Amazing Spider-Man #147 up
Iron Man #66 up
Uncanny X-Men #151 up

Maybe it would just be easier in the future to say what titles are covered and not worry about the numbers.

Stuart V

Mar 11, 2009, 11:33 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Considering what was in #3, here's what is going to be covered:
Amazing Spider-Man #147 up
Iron Man #66 up
Uncanny X-Men #151 up

Maybe it would just be easier in the future to say what titles are covered and not worry about the numbers.

Previews and the like want numbers, even if they then prove to be somewhat off the actual mark.

Sidney Osinga

Mar 14, 2009, 03:33 am

Stuart V wrote:

Previews and the like want numbers, even if they then prove to be somewhat off the actual mark.

So Previews wants the information even if it's wrong? That does explain a few things.

Stuart V

Mar 14, 2009, 07:48 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

So Previews wants the information even if it's wrong? That does explain a few things.

That's my understanding. It's not meant as a slight on them, I hasten to add.

Sidney Osinga

Apr 1, 2009, 09:31 pm

Out today. Here's what's in it:

Amazing Spider-Man #s 147-197
Amazing Spider-Man Annual #s 10, 11
Iron Man #s 66-116
Iron Man Special/Annual #s 1-4
Giant Size Iron Man #1
Uncanny X-Men #s 151-192
X-Men Annual #s 5-7
X-Men Special Edition # 1

ToddCam

May 30, 2009, 05:09 pm

Did Joe Robertson appear in Amazing 156? Martha and Randy are listed, but not Joe. He's on the cover, but he is not referenced in the entry at all.

Sidney Osinga

May 31, 2009, 11:42 pm

ToddCam wrote:

Did Joe Robertson appear in Amazing 156? Martha and Randy are listed, but not Joe. He's on the cover, but he is not referenced in the entry at all.

Since I have this issue, I checked, and yes he is in it.

I also found another mistake in the same issue. In the entry for X-Men # 157, Lord Samedar is not listed in the character section although he is mentioned in the text.

ToddCam

May 31, 2009, 11:58 pm

Cool, thanks!

Stuart V

Jun 1, 2009, 09:27 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

ToddCam wrote:

Since I have this issue, I checked, and yes he is in it.

I also found another mistake in the same issue. In the entry for X-Men # 157, Lord Samedar is not listed in the character section although he is mentioned in the text.

I'll double check, but it does sound like errors on our part. More for the errata list - we do intend to include corrections in an upcoming issue, it's just finding the time to compile it that's the problem.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera