Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2020 8:59 am  #1

Official Index to the Marvel Universe #7

Historical text from Comixfan:

Eric J. Moreels

Apr 23, 2009, 02:17 am

Coming from Marvel in July...

OFFICIAL INDEX TO THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #7
Written by VARIOUS

Continuing the chronicle of the Marvel Universe, starting with Spider-Man (from Amazing Spider-Man #302 on), Iron Man (from Iron Man #231 on) and the X-Men (from Uncanny X-Men Annual #6 on). Follow the history of the Marvel universe as it unfolds month by month with the All-New Official Index to the Marvel Universe. Each issue provides synopses for dozens of individual comics, including back-up strips, introducing you to the characters, teams, places and equipment that appeared within, providing vital information about first appearances, where they last showed up and where they appeared next!

64 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

Sidney Osinga

Apr 23, 2009, 02:37 am

I'm pretty sure it should say Uncanny X-Men Annual #16.

Eric J. Moreels

Apr 24, 2009, 08:05 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

I'm pretty sure it should say Uncanny X-Men Annual #16.

It should indeed.

Sidney Osinga

Jun 5, 2009, 12:41 am

Here's the issues that will be covered:

Amazing Spider-Man from # 287 up
Iron Man from #215 up
Uncanny X-Men #269 up

And the amount of books never covered before will increase, as the 90's version of the X-Men Index only went up to 287, and that should be reached in this issue.

golden_guardian

Jul 1, 2009, 09:07 pm

OK, I noticed a couple of things. There is no chronological placement for the Venom: Dark Origin mini or X-Men/Spider-Man #2.

Also, there seems to be a huge chunk missing from Wolverine's chronology between his appearances in UXM 268 and UXM 271. I believe this is where Wolverine issues 24-34 should go because I don't see them anywhere.

golden_guardian

Jul 2, 2009, 05:36 pm

Also, there are no more chronological placements for the Spider-Man/Human Torch mini-series after issue 1.

Sidney Osinga

Jul 2, 2009, 11:45 pm

I got my copy today, since yesterday was a holiday here in Canada. It was nice to see my name in print, and on my birthday no less, but I don't remember pointing out any errors in #1.

ToddCam

Jul 4, 2009, 01:31 pm

Ok. So I have to give my first complaint about the Index. For Uncanny X-Men #296, it mentions X-Force (some bts):. Besides the fact that it is pretty inaccurate, as only Cannonball appears in the issue, that approach leaves something to be desired. I am fine with nameless minions having the "some bts" statement, but all the X-Force members are all characters, and so far, every single named character in the Index has not been given such a vague statement of appearance. (At least that I've noticed.) To me, that is kind of going against the nature of the index, one aspect of which is following the characters' appearances throughout the history of the Marvel Universe. I would hope that the writers realize that a bts appearance is very different than an actual appearance.

Of course, if it was all just a mistake, please disregard my statement.

jephyork

Jul 5, 2009, 03:35 am

Hi, Todd. Jeph York here, one of the Index writers.

Actually, X-Force DOES appear in UXM #296. Page 12, panel 9 -- Apocalypse gestures to the imprisoned team. Since they were just silhouettes, and we couldn't tell which was which, we decided to note that they were all there, but say "some bts" rather than make an arbitrary determination as to which were BTS and which were on-panel.

However, on doing a little more research -- it appears that there were only six X-Force members imprisoned, and I see six silhouettes in that panel. So it looks like they WERE all on-panel -- and ALL should have been named individually, with none of them listed as BTS.

I'll see if I can get that change noted in a future issue. Thanks for making me double-check!

-Jeph

ToddCam

Jul 5, 2009, 11:40 am

Huh. Well, let me eat some crow then. It took me several scans to finally find that tiny little image of them behind Apocalypse. Wow. Great attention to detail.

I guess Boomer is the only member who did not appear (she was released earlier).

Sorry guys!

(Edit: Ugh. And if I knew how to read, I would have seen that you pointed out the specific pg/panel.)

Sidney Osinga

Jul 6, 2009, 11:49 pm

What's covered:

Amazing Spider-Man #s 287 to 327
Amazing Spider-Man Annual #s 21 to 23
Spider-Man verses Wolverine #1
Iron Man #s 215 to 259
Iron Man #s 9 to 11
Uncanny X-Men #s 269 to 303
Uncanny X-Men Annual #s 15 to 17

ToddCam

Jul 11, 2009, 09:45 pm

Some errors:

For Spider-Man Versus Wolverine #1, it references a character named Havoc. Given the other info connected to this character, I assume it is supposed to be Havok (Alex Summers).

Lila Cheney is not listed as appearing in UXM #274.

In the UXM #293 entry, the Marauders are referred to as Reavers.

I guess it's more a error for #5, but the characters Soo Lin Chu and Mr. Chu (mentioned as appearing in IM #242), were listed as having their only appearance in #130.

I don't know if this is an error, but Famine (Autumn Rolfson)'s appearance in UXM #296 is not listed as her last app to date. I'm pretty sure it is, but there is no indication either way in the entry.

The Domino in UXM Annual #15 was actually Copycat (Vanessa Carlysle) masquerading as Domino.

I have a question about real people. I love how they are mentioned. However, there seems to be an inconsistency as to how they are dealt with. For example, in the Iron Man #247 entry, it mentions that George H.W. Bush appeared. No other information. But in the entry for UXM 274 has last and next apps for Bush. Why the difference?

Sidney Osinga

Jul 13, 2009, 11:51 pm

I found a couple of mistakes:

In Uncanny X-Men #290, Mystique assumed Randall's appearance. Shouldn't that be listed as: Mystique (assumes Randall's appearance) or Other Characters: Randall (form assumed by Mystique), as other times characters change into the form of someone else, it's been referenced.

In Uncanny X-Men #299, Senator Robert Kelly is mentioned several times in the synopsis, but not listed as a character.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera