Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



1/10/2020 3:08 pm  #1


Official Index to the Marvel Universe: Avengers, Thor & Captain Amer13

Historical text from Comixfan:

Andy E. Nystrom

Feb 15, 2011, 10:33 pm

Coming from Marvel in May...

AVENGERS, THOR & CAPTAIN AMERICA: OFFICIAL INDEX TO THE MARVEL UNIVERSE #13
Written by VARIOUS

Return with us to the Silver and Golden Ages as the chronicle of the Marvel Universe continues its coverage of the Avengers (from Avengers #395) and Captain America (from both 1998’s Captain America #1 and 1944’s Captain America Comics #39). Watch the Marvel universe’s history unfold month by month as we provide synopses for dozens of individual comics, including back-up strips — introducing the characters, teams, places and equipment that appeared within with vital information about first appearances, where they last showed up and where they appeared next!

64 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

Looks I was right about Captain America Comics replacing Thor on the cover spot. Wonder how things are going to be wrapped up if the trade cuts Cap off at #14. Will Avengers be continuing on a bit longer?




Andy E. Nystrom

May 4, 2011, 04:28 pm

In this issue:

Avengers (1996) 396-402
Avengers (1996-1997) 1-13
Avengers (1998) 1-10
Avengers/Squadron Supreme (1998) '98
Captain America Comics (1944) 39-41
Captain America (1996-1997) 2-13
Captain America (1998-2002) 1-50
Captain America/Citizen V Annual (1998) 1998
Captain America Annual (1999-2001) 1999-2001
Captain America (2002-2004) 1-27

Hmm, I originally assumed that all of Captain America Comics would be included but now I'm wondering if the issues that have been retconned into being other characters will be skipped or only put in the trade. Two more issues for Avengers but next issue is the last for solo Cap.




Stuart V

May 4, 2011, 07:59 pm

  Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

In this issue:

Avengers (1996) 396-402
Avengers (1996-1997) 1-13
Avengers (1998) 1-10
Avengers/Squadron Supreme (1998) '98
Captain America Comics (1944) 39-41
Captain America (1996-1997) 2-13
Captain America (1998-2002) 1-50
Captain America/Citizen V Annual (1998) 1998
Captain America Annual (1999-2001) 1999-2001
Captain America (2002-2004) 1-27

Hmm, I originally assumed that all of Captain America Comics would be included but now I'm wondering if the issues that have been retconned into being other characters will be skipped or only put in the trade. Two more issues for Avengers but next issue is the last for solo Cap.

There's unfortunately just not enough space to cover all of Golden Age Cap in the monthly title. We'll cover to the end of Steve Rogers' time, but the stories that are now retconned to being his replacements will be in the TPB.




Andy E. Nystrom

May 4, 2011, 08:12 pm

  Stuart V wrote:

There's unfortunately just not enough space to cover all of Golden Age Cap in the monthly title. We'll cover to the end of Steve Rogers' time, but the stories that are now retconned to being his replacements will be in the TPB.

Glad to know they'll make the trade at least. And last I heard the trade was actually scheduled to come out before #14, so I'm happy, though I feel bad for anyone who just gets the floppies.

My Index Master List is now updated: http://saneinsanities.blogspot.com/2...ster-list.html




Andy E. Nystrom

May 4, 2011, 10:07 pm

I just noticed a number of the 2002 issues of Captain America have no story title. Was that an error in the Index or a conceit of the series? This happens in #4, 6, 8-17




Roger Ott

May 5, 2011, 03:52 am

  Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

I just noticed a number of the 2002 issues of Captain America have no story title. Was that an error in the Index or a conceit of the series? This happens in #4, 6, 8-17

There weren't official story titles on those issues. The few I just checked had a title of some sort on the cover, but those generally don't count.
 


My photostream (over 5.6 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum