Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/13/2020 7:59 am  #31

Re: The OHOTMU Master List (also Files, Guidebooks, and Related Works)

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Added in the new material from the It's All Connected hardcover. Don't have the Good Bad Guardians hardcover so won't worry about that for now as I'll want to look at the In the Comics section when I obtain a copy.

I have the Good Bad Guardians hardcover, if you need any help.

3/13/2020 11:01 am  #32

zuckyd1 wrote:

I have the Good Bad Guardians hardcover, if you need any help.

Okay, thank you. Here's what I need from the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 section, which I believe  is the only new section.

For core entries:
Exact entry name, including "update" if applicable
Any real names unless already noted in prior listings. Sometimes real names are only found in the History for Guidebooks
Page count (include sub-entries, usually In the Comics in page count; so if a 1 pager has a 1/4 page sub-entry, just say 1 page, not 3/4 page)

There probably won't be any sub-entries that aren't In the comics. If there are, let me know and I'll clarify what to do.

For In the Comics:
Make it clear which profile they're connected to.
List page counts if 1/6 page or larger, otherwise say "capsule". Okay to eyeball and give a reasonable estimate. I don't care if a profile is 3 mm off from 1/4 page; common sense rounding is fine. Include the cover reproductions as part of the page count.
If there are two distinct sections within a core profile (so text-cover, text-cover), treat as separate sub-entries.
Since these are untitled, quote the sentence or phrase listing character name(s). If there is more than one character etc in the same sub-entry, quote enough to give me a sense of who all is covered. I'll decide from the quote what to list them under.

My photostream (over 5.6 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

3/13/2020 11:39 am  #33

Ayesha 1
    In the Comics: 1/4
    “transformed itself into the female Her… Her was rechristened J’Ridia Starduster… later allied with another potential mate… as Kismet… the scientists remade Kismet into the villainous Ayesha”
Drax Update 1
Ego 1
    In the Comics: 1/4
    “The cinematic Ego is derived from two comic characters: Ego the Living Planet is a sentient, planet-sized being… J’Son, heir to the Spartax planetary system… prompting J’Son to reinvent himself as interstellar crime lord Mister Knife”
    (I think this counts as a single entry — 2 covers and then 1 block of text.)
Gamora Update 1
Groot Update 1
Mantis 1
    In the Comics: capsule
    “Mantis learned martial arts”
Nebula Update 1
Ravagers Update 2
    In the Comics: 6 distinct named entries, each entry has a cover and text, 2/3 total
    Charlie-27, Krugarr, Main Frame, Martinex, Aleta Ogord, Starhawk (Stakar Ogord)
Rocket Update 1
The Sovereign 1
Star-Lord Update 2
Yondu Update 1
Kraglin 1/2
Taserface 1/2
    “Taserface could shoot electromagnetic energy… rechristened the Nameless One in defeat… rebuilt him as Overkill”
Howard the Duck Update 1/3
Meredith Quill Update 1/3
The Watchers 1/3
    “omnisciently observing the Multiverse as the Watchers”

4/24/2020 10:55 am  #34

Hey guys,
Can somebody tell me the differences between the Deluxe TPB entry and the regular one for Red Ronin and Headmen ? With a picture it'll be even better but an explanation is OK too https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png

4/24/2020 3:57 pm  #35

RVcousin wrote:

Hey guys,
Can somebody tell me the differences between the Deluxe TPB entry and the regular one for Red Ronin and Headmen ? With a picture it'll be even better but an explanation is OK too https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png

Funny, I've been thinking of doing a complete comparison between Deluxe and the trades.
For Headmen, they didn't get an entry at all in Deluxe. After the trades, they got an entry in Update '89, but it's completely rewritten, 1 page in Deluxe trade, 2 in Update '89. Both have sub-entries but for Nagan and Morgan they're under code name in the trade, real name in Update '89. Ruby only has a sub-entry in Update '89.

At a quick glance it appears the main difference in the case of Red Ronin is the main illo has been redrawn. And of course the colours are nicer in the trade due to the whiter paper..

4/25/2020 1:32 am  #36

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

For Headmen, they didn't get an entry at all in Deluxe. After the trades, they got an entry in Update '89, but it's completely rewritten, 1 page in Deluxe trade, 2 in Update '89. Both have sub-entries but for Nagan and Morgan they're under code name in the trade, real name in Update '89. Ruby only has a sub-entry in Update '89.

At a quick glance it appears the main difference in the case of Red Ronin is the main illo has been redrawn. And of course the colours are nicer in the trade due to the whiter paper..

Thank you Andy.
About the Phantom Rider entry, only the title is changed, the text remains the same ? And also is it written PHANTOM RIDER or PHANTOM RIDER IV ?

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Funny, I've been thinking of doing a complete comparison between Deluxe and the trades.

Funny too, because, I will do next week the same but for the 5 A-Z Premiere TPBs.

4/25/2020 6:18 am  #37

RVcousin wrote:

Thank you Andy.
About the Phantom Rider entry, only the title is changed, the text remains the same ? And also is it written PHANTOM RIDER or PHANTOM RIDER IV ?

Funny too, because, I will do next week the same but for the 5 A-Z Premiere TPBs.

I'll answer your question about the text when I start that scan. No Roman numerals.

If you mean comparing the hardcovers to the main body of the trades, you should check the original tpb threads first. I believe Sidney listed off changes shortly after they came out, but you might be able to expand on his work.

4/25/2020 1:19 pm  #38

I have found some creators profiles (including a file called the Office Handbook of the Marvel Universe).
Where can I publish that list ?

4/25/2020 4:45 pm  #39

RVcousin wrote:

I have found some creators profiles (including a file called the Office Handbook of the Marvel Universe).
Where can I publish that list ?

I have a few thoughts here. The Master List captures such profiles that appear in the Handbooks themselves. There was briefly discussion of adding in profiles from other sources but it quickly became apparent that this would be a huge can of worms (e.g. Bullpen Bulletins has some of these). So I have a couple thoughts. 1. Just post the list here or in Sightings with the understanding that they might not get folded in. OR if you would like a challenge, you could start a new thread on that topic. In such a case I would give you a few broad guidelines but otherwise let you format the list as you saw fit. Is this something you would like to take on?

4/26/2020 2:16 am  #40

Andy,
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED !!!

4/26/2020 4:37 am  #41

RVcousin wrote:

Andy,
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED !!!

Okay. At the very least you want who is the profile for and the original source of the profile. For Bullpen Bulletin profiles, you can either list the individual titles or "all titles with an indicia date of ____". Up to you if you want to list the article name or just the name of the person covered, though the former would be nice. For example, I did a little research yesterday and it appears that there was only one Office Handbook profile (for Jim Shooter) and that it came from Marvel Age. At the very least we'd want that it's for Shooter and the issue of Marvel Age, but including the Office Handbook bit would be nice. Page counts optional; I doubt any run longer than a page. Artist optional. At the very least list by subject covered or by source comic but you can do both if you'd like. Note instances of the profile being reprinted. Definitely include the people from the Handbooks listed in the Master List. Feel free to include as much or as little additional info as you want people to know. Come up with an eye please format. I generally use title case and bold the first part, but whatever you come up with that's eye appealing is fine. Images are optional. Each individual post has size limits. You probably won't run into them with just text but if you scan in an image and try to place it in the post directly instead of copying and pasting images from another source, you'll reach them. In case the project proves to be larger than expected, I'd include a placeholder post after the first post in case you have to break the post up later.

4/27/2020 3:54 pm  #42

Added in the Good/Bad/Guardians info provided by zuckyd1

8/12/2020 6:20 am  #43

Updated the entries to include Empyre Handbook. I'm assuming that Phil (Kree cameraman) and Phil (Skrull cameraman) are separate characters. If Phil is a Kree-Skrull hybrid, I'll merge those.

9/05/2020 3:41 pm  #44

Agent 13 (Sharon Carter; MCU) see3 Sharon Carter

typo

9/21/2020 1:37 pm  #45

Albert (Earth-50211) XMes head, Hardc #4 head
Elsie-Dee (Earth-50211) XMes head, Hardc #4 head

Should be Earth-5211

9/21/2020 2:16 pm  #46

Alberne, General AZsc #2 head

should be "Darlegung, General Alberne"

9/21/2020 2:45 pm  #47

Acchter, Gavrel ANADiff head

should be "Achter"

10/16/2020 1:30 pm  #48

Alecto Hardc #5 head, Hardc #8 caps
Aleta (Aleta Ogord; Earth-691)  Orig #10 w/Stakar as Starhawk; Mas #28 2 as Starhawk; Hardc #1 head, Hardc #4 head, DefSH 3 as Aleta; MCUG-GBGu caps InCom as Aleta Ogord
Alecto Hardc #2 body

The second Alecto is misalphabetized.

10/16/2020 1:55 pm  #49

Actually there should be three Alecto entries.
Alecto (Corps) Hardc #2 body
Alecto (Inhuman) Hardc #5 head
Alecto (Olympian) Hardc #8 caps

11/01/2020 2:26 pm  #50

Allegrre, Luis MUUp 5 head

should be Allegre

11/03/2020 5:24 pm  #51

Made the corrections and added X of Swords. I had to use one of the extra spaces I figured I'd need at some point. Does anyone know how to remove the coding from post 9?

11/06/2020 10:33 am  #52

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

Made the corrections and added X of Swords. I had to use one of the extra spaces I figured I'd need at some point. Does anyone know how to remove the coding from post 9?

Post 9 as a whole seems to have somehow gotten corrupted. I tried editing the post and it simply is not behaving normally the way the other posts are. Probably the only thing that can be done is to shift everything downward (using up the last remaining extra space) and then delete that post.
There's one remaining thing I could try, but if it doesn't work it will definitely mean shifting things downward.

11/07/2020 2:13 am  #53

Hard to say. Another post looked simiarly corrupted but then I split it differently and it looked fine. What I'm wondeing is, is there a way to put the document on another site, and then link it here in such a way that all the text appears here? That would be ideal because then I could do stuff I had planned to do with this thread before I realized there were serious size limits, e.g. adding images.

11/23/2020 4:01 pm  #54

Amador. Akela (MCU) GMCU-AoS1 ½

should be a comma, not a period

11/23/2020 4:49 pm  #55

Ampias, George & Mathias Vamp App

should be Amplas

Board footera