Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/23/2020 3:49 pm  #1

Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Thor

Historical text from CxPulp:
Andy E. Nystrom
09-15-2015, 05:32 PM
December will be a little warmer because we're getting another Guidebook. No Handbook alas but we'll have something to discuss at least. Too bad that Sitwell's entry can't reference his Winter Soldier appearance.

Written by MIKE O'SULLIVAN & THE OHOTMU TEAM
Front cover by WILL SLINEY • Back cover by PASCAL CAMPION
The MCU Guidebooks bring the thunder as the mighty Thor steps into the spotlight! Our comprehensive coverage of the fan-favorite Marvel Studios films and Marvel TV series continues as we reveal everything you need to know about the golden realm of Asgard! Featuring fact sheets, movie-to-comic comparisons, and behind-the-scenes production art and movie stills, this issue is packed with profiles of Thor Odinson himself; family members Loki, Odin and Frigga; Asgardian allies including Sif, Heimdall, Hogun and Volstagg; human friends Erik Selvig, Jane Foster and Darcy Lewis; and an in-depth look at Asgard itself! Plus: Laufey and the Frost Giants, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Jasper Sitwell...and the Avenging Archer, Hawkeye! And more! Relive the big-screen thrills of Marvel's Thor right here, and continue building your indispensable library of Cinematic Universe reference books!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

Angelicknight
09-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Wish these where closer to the Handbook just you the Actors pictures in place of the comic pics saying that im still happy we getting these and hope they lead to Animated Series and Movies as well.

Andy E. Nystrom
09-15-2015, 09:12 PM
One thing I'll be particularly curious to see is when the Guidebooks reach Agents of SHIELD. If they tackle the episodes in batches certain profiles will be a lot different than if they tackle the first season as a whole.

vanhornluke
09-22-2015, 04:47 AM
Excellent questions!

Andy E. Nystrom
11-28-2015, 07:14 PM
This is the next one in the pipeline so it's now open for No-Prizes. I wonder if The Consultant will be included, given that that short came with the Thor blu-ray. If so, between the movie itself and the short, Coulson should be good for a one-pager.

vanhornluke
11-28-2015, 09:51 PM
Of things not announced, I guess they might also cover the Destroyer, the Casket of Ancient Winters, and Fandral.

zuckyd1
12-05-2015, 11:04 AM
Was Thor ever called "Odinson" in the movie or tie-ins, or is the solicit's choice of wording simply the result of recent developments in 616?

Andy E. Nystrom
12-17-2015, 03:35 PM
Not sure about the Odinson bit.

Less than a week now before this is out. Place your bets for the No-Prize! Who or what will be covered beyond the solicitation?

Andy E. Nystrom
12-22-2015, 08:41 PM
Meant to post this sooner: 7 am Pacific/10 Eastern's the deadline for this round of No-Prizes!

Sidney Osinga
12-23-2015, 05:07 PM
In addition to the movie, it also covers the comic adaptation.

Asgard 2
Destroyer 1
Jane Foster 2
Frigga 1
Hawkeye 1
Heimdall 1
Hogun 1
Laufey 2
Darcy Lewis 1
Loki 4
Odin 3
Erik Selvig 1
Sif 2
Jasper Sitwell 1
Thor 4
Volstagg 1
Phil Coulson update/Nick Fury update 1

Strange they gave a full page to Hawkeye, who ony had a minor role in the movie, and yet left Fandral out

Andy E. Nystrom
12-24-2015, 06:48 AM
There was only one No-Prize prediction but it was a correct one. Vanhornluke, your No-Prize is on the way for the Destroyer guess!

vanhornluke
12-24-2015, 09:48 AM
I'm a winner!

Eduardo M.
12-28-2015, 10:21 AM

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Strange they gave a full page to Hawkeye, who ony had a minor role in the movie, and yet left Fandral out.

Like Jim Rhodes, Fandral switched actors between movies. If Guidebooks continue into Phase 2, he'll probably get an entry with Thor the Dark World.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera