Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works 20 YEARS! 2004-2024

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/30/2020 8:01 am  #1

Captain America: America's Avenger

Historical text from Comixfan:

JusticeGH
Mar 21, 2011, 05:37 pm

Coming from Marvel in June...

CAPTAIN AMERICA: AMERICA’S AVENGER #1
Written by VARIOUS
Select Character Artwork by GUS VAZQUEZ
Cover by PATRICK SCHERBERGER

Captain America takes center stage just in time for his blockbuster motion picture in an all-new collection of OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE profiles spanning the Star-Spangled Super-Soldier’s 70-year history! Including allies (Bernie Rosenthal, Peggy Carter, the U.K.’s Captain Kerosene, the Golden Age’s Golden Girl/Betty Ross), enemies (Max Fury, Nefarius, Professor Power, Vamp), oddball adventures (Night People of Zero Street, the Tzin race, Dead Ringer), those responsible for his origins (Project Rebirth, Heinz Kruger, Abraham Erskine) and even alternate-reality Captain Americas (2099 A.D., Mutant X)! Plus: updates on Steve Rogers himself; the new Captain America (Bucky Barnes); the vile Hydra organization; and Cap’s archenemy, the Red Skull (Johann Schmidt)!

64 PGS./Handbook/Rated T+ …$4.99
William Keogh
Mar 21, 2011, 06:27 pm

Adding it in as a new thread is fine, Justice. I've just embedded the image as an URL as part of site policy, though I'm sure once we've got our solicits up and we've got an inhouse version, we'll have it set up as an image.

Just in time for the movie!

Phoenixx9
Mar 21, 2011, 06:41 pm

Cool Cover!!

So, this is the Captain America Handbook scheduled for release in June 2011?

JusticeGH
Mar 22, 2011, 12:19 am

Cool Cover!!

So, this is the Captain America Handbook scheduled for release in June 2011?

Yep.

Eduardo M.
Mar 22, 2011, 12:29 pm

awesome. Now we just need the solict info to figure out who is in it.

Although, on the cover I can recognize MODAM, Porcupine (most likely Gentry), Red Skull, another Cap (I'm guessing Bucky), Golden Girl (Ross), Mother Night, and Peepers.

The blonde I'm guessing is Sharon Carter while the brunette I'm guessing is Bernie Rosenthal. Everyone else I'm drawing a blank

captainswift
Mar 22, 2011, 12:31 pm

Warrior Woman is on there, at least.

Andy E. Nystrom
Mar 22, 2011, 12:35 pm

That grinning purple hooded guy with the circle looks really strange, a real Oddball type in fact.

Sidney Osinga
Mar 22, 2011, 01:38 pm

For some reason, I thought MODAM already had an entry.

Roger Ott
Mar 22, 2011, 01:58 pm

That sounds like a great book! Not that I didn't expect that, but when you start seeing the profile listings, that's when it gets exciting.

Project Rebirth gets an entry! Can't wait to read that one.

Andy E. Nystrom
Mar 22, 2011, 03:55 pm

I'm especially glad to see Dead Ringer covered. I've been wanting to see an official explanation of his being able to turn into Nighthawk given Nighthawk was later revealed to not be in a grave.

Stuart V
Mar 22, 2011, 04:15 pm
Full solicit now available!

JusticeGH wrote:

the Red Skull (Johann Schmidt)!

Sigh. I wish they'd let us proof the solicit text. That's not how his surname is spelled.

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Maybe you are thinking of Kate Waynesboro, who briefly became Ms. MODOK, the other femme version of MODOK.

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

I'm especially glad to see Dead Ringer covered. I've been wanting to see an official explanation of his being able to turn into Nighthawk given Nighthawk was later revealed to not be in a grave.

Dead Ringer's power works on dead flesh; if he has dead cells from your body, he can copy you. If I trim my nails or cut my hair, and Dead Ringer harvested the clippings, then he could duplicate me using the dead cells in those bits that have been cut off, even though the rest of me is still alive and kicking.

Phoenixx9
Mar 22, 2011, 05:40 pm

Wow, their are many good characters in this HB! I can't wait!!

There are four characters that I have been waiting for an entry that I thought would make it into this HB and Hope that they do: Warrior Woman, Agent Axis, Golden Girl Gwenny Lou Sabaki and the original Human Top. :cross:

slevin87
Mar 22, 2011, 06:01 pm

Phoenixx9 wrote:

There are four characters that I have been waiting for an entry that I thought would make it into this HB and Hope that they do: Warrior Woman, Agent Axis, Golden Girl Gwenny Lou Sabaki and the original Human Top. :cross:

Warrior Woman is on the cover, so I think it's safe to assume she'll be in this one.

Myself, I'm hoping for entries on Baron Blood (Falsworth), the Bar(s) with No Name, Battleaxe (Ehren), Blackbird (O'Gara), the Commission on Superhuman Activities, Cottonmoth (Clemens), the Eel (Lavell), Flag-Smasher (Thierrault), Harmon Furmintz, Impala, Jackhammer, Josiah X, Puff Adder, Roscoe, Snapdragon (Sanada), and the Young Allies (Golden Age).

Phoenixx9
Mar 22, 2011, 06:19 pm

slevin87 wrote:

Warrior Woman is on the cover, so I think it's safe to assume she'll be in this one.

Myself, I'm hoping for entries on Baron Blood (Falsworth), the Bar(s) with No Name, Battleaxe (Ehren), Blackbird (O'Gara), the Commission on Superhuman Activities, Cottonmoth (Clemens), the Eel (Lavell), Flag-Smasher (Thierrault), Harmon Furmintz, Impala, Jackhammer, Josiah X, Puff Adder, Roscoe, Snapdragon (Sanada), and the Young Allies (Golden Age).

I also want Battleaxe and Snapdragon! Those 2 have long been on my list, but I wasn't thinking they would get entries here as they are not exclusively Cap villainnesses, not that that matters, and hey, if they are here, I'll take it!!

Andy E. Nystrom
Mar 22, 2011, 08:45 pm

Stuart V wrote:

Dead Ringer's power works on dead flesh; if he has dead cells from your body, he can copy you. If I trim my nails or cut my hair, and Dead Ringer harvested the clippings, then he could duplicate me using the dead cells in those bits that have been cut off, even though the rest of me is still alive and kicking.

Thank you, that saves me the wait! I wish Dead Ringer would be used more often. Since he always transforms into healthy versions of the deceased characters, it occurs to me that he might be able to heal himself that way if severely injured, i.e. by using his power on his own dead tissue to turn into a healther version of himself.

Eduardo M.
Mar 22, 2011, 09:06 pm

Phoenixx9 wrote:

I also want Battleaxe and Snapdragon! Those 2 have long been on my list, but I wasn't thinking they would get entries here as they are not exclusively Cap villainnesses, not that that matters, and hey, if they are here, I'll take it!!

Well Snapdragon is an aquantice of Diamondback who is a former girlfriend of Steve so I guess she counts.

And Battleaxe DID fight Cap and Paladin as part of the army of female supervillians raised by Superia so I guess she can be an entry.

Sidney Osinga
Mar 22, 2011, 10:26 pm

Let's see how many of the characters I can name off the cover, clockwise from the top.:

Red Skull, Porcupine (Gentry), Bernie Rosenthal, Oddball (Healey), Mother Night, Peeper, Sharon Carter, MODAM, Captain America (Rogers, i assume), don't know about the orange guy, Abraham Erskine, Golden Girl (Ross), Donna Marie Puentes, Captain America (Barnes?), don't know the other guy

Phoenixx9
Mar 22, 2011, 10:45 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

Well Snapdragon is an aquantice of Diamondback who is a former girlfriend of Steve so I guess she counts.

And Battleaxe DID fight Cap and Paladin as part of the army of female supervillians raised by Superia so I guess she can be an entry.

I wasn't sure of the relationship between Snapdragon and Diamondback. I know of Snapdragon from like 7-8 years before her appearance in CA when she fought the Black Widow. That is why she has long been on my list.

Battleaxe I was more familiar with as an opponent for the second Ms Marvel, now She-Thing (real name: Sharon Ventura). I know she had a minor role as one of the many women aboard the cruise ship in Cap's book, in which Superia was the leader.

Again, while I knew both ladies had appeared in Cap's book, they were not his standard or usual enemy, and that their appearances were limited at best. That is why I stated that I thought both these ladies would have appeared in a general-type HB, the same type like the 5 we had last year. Right now, they are basically miscellaneous characters.

But again, like I said, it doesn't matter to me! I am just glad that they are finally getting an entry. I'll take 'em where I get 'em! And I'll like it, too! :mwahaha:

Sidney Osinga
Mar 22, 2011, 11:02 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

She was also in a BAD Girls back up story in Cap. #394-395. In fact, most of her appearances took place in Captain America, so her inclusion in this Handbook would make sense.

Phoenixx9
Mar 22, 2011, 11:17 pm

I don't have CA #394-395, so I didn't know of Battleaxe's appearance there. Thanks. I'll have to get those.

However, I did know of Battleaxe's first appearance in Thing #33, years earlier, like 1986 or so. Ms Marvel II was a frequent guest in Thing's book at that time.

Good job. You named everyone from the cover except for Warrior Woman. And that completes the 15.

This is indeed a great HB and I for one can't wait for it!! :excited:

Sidney Osinga
Mar 23, 2011, 12:33 am

Phoenixx9 wrote:

Good job. You named everyone from the cover except for Warrior Woman. And that completes the 15.

This is indeed a great HB and I for one can't wait for it!! :excited:

No, I don't know who the orange guy or the one in the top left corner are. And I don't think Warrior Woman is on the cover.

captainswift
Mar 23, 2011, 12:37 am

The face you identified as Donna Maria Puentes, I'm pretty sure is Warrior Woman. It's Warrior Woman's hairstyle, and Puentes wore her hair loose in all the images I'm finding.

Roger Ott
Mar 23, 2011, 12:55 am

Stuart V wrote:

Well, that's only a tiny bit creepy.

Stuart V
Mar 23, 2011, 07:12 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

Let's see how many of the characters I can name off the cover, clockwise from the top.:

Red Skull, Porcupine (Gentry), Bernie Rosenthal, Oddball (Healey), Mother Night, Peeper, Sharon Carter, MODAM, Captain America (Rogers, i assume), don't know about the orange guy, Abraham Erskine, Golden Girl (Ross), Donna Marie Puentes, Captain America (Barnes?), don't know the other guy

Not Sharon Carter and not Donna Marie Puentes.

captainswift wrote:

The face you identified as Donna Maria Puentes, I'm pretty sure is Warrior Woman. It's Warrior Woman's hairstyle, and Puentes wore her hair loose in all the images I'm finding.

Correct.

Eduardo M.
Mar 23, 2011, 12:24 pm

Stuart V wrote:

Not Sharon Carter

Not Sharon carter?? huh. Now I have to rack my brain trying to figure which other blonde girl from Steve's life it is.

Andy E. Nystrom
Mar 23, 2011, 12:39 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

Not Sharon carter?? huh. Now I have to rack my brain trying to figure which other blonde girl from Steve's life it is.

There's something familiar about the tiara she's wearing but I can't quite place her either. I briefly thought it might be Letha but she wears a black tiara with no crest.

Phoenixx9
Mar 23, 2011, 12:45 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

There's something familiar about the tiara she's wearing but I can't quite place her either. I briefly thought it might be Letha but she wears a black tiara with no crest.
It almost has a 'sea-shell' look on the tiara.

Could this possibly be Namora?

Stuart V
Mar 23, 2011, 01:43 pm

Phoenixx9 wrote:

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

It almost has a 'sea-shell' look on the tiara.

Could this possibly be Namora?

She's not wearing a tiara - that's just some hair that has come out a bit weird in the coloring process.

Eduardo M. wrote:

Gee. A blonde woman who people think looks like Sharon Carter...

Phoenixx9
Mar 23, 2011, 02:29 pm

Stuart V wrote:

She's not wearing a tiara - that's just some hair that has come out a bit weird in the coloring process.

Gee. A blonde woman who people think looks like Sharon Carter...

Ah, could it be a young Peggy Carter?

Stuart V
Mar 23, 2011, 03:00 pm

Phoenixx9 wrote:

Ah, could it be a young Peggy Carter?

Yes.

Eduardo M.
Mar 23, 2011, 03:34 pm

Stuart V wrote:

Yes.

huh. that what I was thinking too but for some reason I always though Peggy had draker hair. I guess I got fooled by her appearances in the 90s as a member of the Avengers Support crew

Phoenixx9
Mar 23, 2011, 03:40 pm

Originally, I thought it was Peggy Carter, but then got thrown off by the "tiara" hair.

This HB seems to have it all! June can't come soon enough!

Andy E. Nystrom
Mar 23, 2011, 09:59 pm

His hood is missing its usual crest, but with what looks to be a snake on top, I'm guessing the yellow and orange guy is Copperhead (Lawfers). For the guy in the upper left, he looks a bit like the Power Broker.

Eduardo M.
Mar 23, 2011, 11:58 pm

Andy E. Nystrom wrote:

His hood is missing its usual crest, but with what looks to be a snake on top, I'm guessing the yellow and orange guy is Copperhead (Lawfers). For the guy in the upper left, he looks a bit like the Power Broker.

isnt Copperhead's face supposed to be more reddish? and last I saw the Power Broker he was clean shaven.

hhmmmm.... Could the golden guy be Primus?

DeadpoolRP
Mar 26, 2011, 05:05 pm

Stuart V wrote:

Sigh. I wish they'd let us proof the solicit text. That's not how his surname is spelled.

Don't feel too bad, Mr. Vandal: The solicits are infamous for being mistake-filled, so realistically, I don't think it will reflect any more poorly on you guys than on anyone else.

I understand your frustration, though, especially with some nitpickers online pointing out anything they disagree with in the handbooks.

I realize that Marvel probably produces Marvel Previews independently from Diamond, but I was recently thinking that if I were to become a copy editor for Diamond, it would probably quickly turn into a job with a lot of unauthorized overtime because there are SO many mistakes in Previews . . .

captainswift
Apr 1, 2011, 12:30 am

I wonder what the odds are that there's an entry on Hitler? (I know there's a Hate-Monger entry in the hardbacks, but it doesn't cover pre-clone to any real extent). I've been reading the latest Essential Captain America volume, where Arnim Zola has Hitler's brain in a robot, and I'm curious about some of the timing of his death (Human Torch killed him, cloning, brain removal (possibly from a clone?), all that).

Of course, I can also see how such an entry might be in bad taste...

Sidney Osinga
Apr 1, 2011, 02:07 am

captainswift wrote:

I wonder what the odds are that there's an entry on Hitler? (I know there's a Hate-Monger entry in the hardbacks, but it doesn't cover pre-clone to any real extent). I've been reading the latest Essential Captain America volume, where Arnim Zola has Hitler's brain in a robot, and I'm curious about some of the timing of his death (Human Torch killed him, cloning, brain removal (possibly from a clone?), all that).

Of course, I can also see how such an entry might be in bad taste...

Actually, Hitler has a fairly long entry in the online Appendix http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/hitlerad.htm so it is a possibility.

Sidney Osinga
Apr 3, 2011, 12:53 am

I wonder if the George Maxon Red Skull from Captain America Comics #1 will get an entry?

Roger Ott
Apr 3, 2011, 01:33 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

I wonder if the George Maxon Red Skull from Captain America Comics #1 will get an entry?

Funny you should mention that, as I was reading the recently released Captain America Comics #1 70th Anniversary issue the other day and was thinking the same exact thing.

Sidney Osinga
May 26, 2011, 01:16 am

Sidney Osinga wrote:

I finally figured out why I thought this. I got confused by the entry in the Gamer's Handbook of the Marvel Universe.

Eduardo M.
Jun 1, 2011, 06:54 pm

I've just reading spoilers for Fear Itself #3 and I wanted to ask, will the events of FI be mentioned in this handbook?

Madison Carter
Jun 1, 2011, 07:37 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

I've just reading spoilers for Fear Itself #3 and I wanted to ask, will the events of FI be mentioned in this handbook?

As with all of our books, we're doing our best to make sure everything is up to date with the stories.

captainswift
Jun 22, 2011, 10:44 pm

One week from today, and we're loaded with Captain America-y goodness. Mmm, Captain America.

Eduardo M.
Jun 22, 2011, 11:10 pm

captainswift wrote:

One week from today, and we're loaded with Captain America-y goodness. Mmm, Captain America.

One week till some patriotic Handbooky goodness!!!!

William Keogh
Jun 29, 2011, 12:09 pm

It's out today, and the contents and page count are as follows....

Ameridroid (1)
Black Talon (1)
Captain America (Barnes Update) (1)
Captain America 2099 (1)
Captain Kerosene (1)
Peggy Carter (2)
Cowled Commander (1)
Fred Davis (2)
Dead Ringer (1)
Electro (1)
Abraham Erskine (1)
Max Fury (1)
Golden Girl (1)
Hellinger (1)
Hydra Update (1)
Jakar (1)
Gabe Jones (3)
Priscilla Lyons (1)
Dr Karl Malus (2)
MODAM (2)
Mother Night (1)
Nefarius (1)
Night Flyer (1)
Night People (2)
Nuklo (2)
Oddball (1)
Operation Rebirth (2)
Peepers (1)
Porcupine (2)
Primax (1)
Professor Power (2)
Red Guardian (2)
Red Skull Update (1)
Steve Rogers Update (1)
Bernie Rosenthal (1)
Sidewinder (2)
Snapdragon (1)
Super Soldiers (1)
Tess One (1)
Tzin (1)
Vamp (1)
Vormund (1)
Warrior Woman (2)
Adonis (1/2)
Agron (1/2)
Bantam (I/2)
Cache (1/2)
Captain America (Simons) (1/2)
Captain America (Earth 1298) (1/2)
Captain From Texas (1/2)
Jacques Dernier (1/2)
Haokah (1/2)
Lance Hunter (1/2)
Heinz Kruger (1/2)
Modebl (1/2)
Jim Morita (1/2)
Chester Phillips (1/2)
Ram (1/2)
Sensational Hydra (1/2)

ultrabasurero
Jun 29, 2011, 12:40 pm

William Keogh wrote:

It's out today, and the contents and page count are as follows....

Ameridroid (1)
Black Talon (1)
Captain America (Barnes Update) (1)
Captain America 2099 (1)
Captain Kerosene (1)
Peggy Carter (2)
Cowled Commander (1)
Fred Davis (2)
Dead Ringer (1)
Electro (1)
Abraham Erskine (1)
Max Fury (1)
Golden Girl (1)
Hellinger (1)
Hydra Update (1)
Jakar (1)
Gabe Jones (3)
Priscilla Lyons (1)
Dr Karl Malus (2)
MODAM (2)
Mother Night (1)
Nefarius (1)
Night Flyer (1)
Night People (2)
Nuklo (2)
Oddball (1)
Operation Rebirth (2)
Peepers (1)
Porcupine (2)
Primax (1)
Professor Power (2)
Red Guardian (2)
Red Skull Update (1)
Steve Rogers Update (1)
Bernie Rosenthal (1)
Sidewinder (2)
Snapdragon (1)
Super Soldiers (1)
Tess One (1)
Tzin (1)
Vamp (1)
Vormund (1)
Warrior Woman (2)
Adonis (1/2)
Agron (1/2)
Bantam (I/2)
Cache (1/2)
Captain America (Simons) (1/2)
Captain America (Earth 1298) (1/2)
Captain From Texas (1/2)
Jacques Dernier (1/2)
Haokah (1/2)
Lance Hunter (1/2)
Heinz Kruger (1/2)
Modebl (1/2)
Jim Morita (1/2)
Chester Phillips (1/2)
Ram (1/2)
Sensational Hydra (1/2)

Which Black Talon, Red Guardian, and Electro are they? I'm assuming Horta, Petkus, and Kronov?

William Keogh
Jun 29, 2011, 12:59 pm

Horta and Kronov, and for the Guardian, it's the former Vanguard, Nikolai Krylenko.

Eduardo M.
Jun 29, 2011, 01:10 pm

Wow. nice list. I'm guessing Porcupine deals with just Gentry or does it also covere Gocking as well?

ultrabasurero
Jun 29, 2011, 01:18 pm

Horta and Kronov, and for the Guardian, it's the former Vanguard, Nikolai Krylenko.

When did Krylenko become Red Guardian? Has this been in recent Captain America issues? I haven't been keeping up with them since I've been waiting for the omnibuses.

Eduardo M.
Jun 29, 2011, 03:58 pm

ultrabasurero wrote:

When did Krylenko become Red Guardian? Has this been in recent Captain America issues? I haven't been keeping up with them since I've been waiting for the omnibuses.

I believe he became the Red Guardian in the recent Winter Guard mini.

captainswift
Jun 29, 2011, 04:05 pm

I'm most interested in the "Patrick Duke" in the writers' credits. It's funny, because I have a name just like that.

slevin87
Jun 29, 2011, 04:08 pm

So far, it's great. However, I do have one question: in the Cap index, the police commissioner who assigned Cap to join the force is identified as Commissioner Feingold from Defenders Vol. 1 #39, but here his name is given as Nathan Martin. Not having read the issues in question, I wonder: was new evidence unearthed that they were separate characters, hence the change?

William Keogh
Jun 29, 2011, 06:33 pm

Eduardo M. wrote:

I believe he became the Red Guardian in the recent Winter Guard mini.

That's correct.

And Porcupine is centered on Gentry, but mentions Gocking in terms of character legacy.

William Keogh
Jul 14, 2011, 02:30 pm

I've finished reading this, and my compliments to the writers and to Gus Vasquez for his new art in many of the profiles.

I particularly liked the updates for Steve, Bucky, Hydra, and the Skull, and the profiles for Porcupine, Operation Rebirth, Red Guardian, Bernie Rosenthal, Peggy Carter, Gabe Jones, Fred Davis, Nuklo, Golden Girl, Ameridroid, and Primax.

Sidney Osinga
Jul 14, 2011, 09:11 pm

In the Max Fury entry, it says he has the equivalent of a tae kon do black belt and a jujitsu brown belt, yet his Fighting Skills are listed a 2 on the power grid. Shouldn't that number be higher?

Madison Carter
Jul 14, 2011, 09:30 pm

Sidney Osinga wrote:

In the Max Fury entry, it says he has the equivalent of a tae kon do black belt and a jujitsu brown belt, yet his Fighting Skills are listed a 2 on the power grid. Shouldn't that number be higher?

Thanks for pointing that out. The entire power grid is jacked up. It was correct during our first round of proof-checking, but somewhere after that, it was replaced accidentally and we didn't notice it. His correct stats should be:

Int: 3
Str: 2
Spd: 2
Dur: 2
Eng: 1
Fgt: 6

Eduardo M.
Jul 17, 2011, 03:17 pm

I picked this up on Firday so I'd have something to read while filming a night shoot.

I love it. Great work on a great mix of entries. Nice to see Fred Davis, Ram, Roscoe, Night Flyer, Vormund, and the 2099 Cap get entries.

Speaking of Night Flyer, awesome artwork in his entry. Ditto Davis, Electro, Bernie, Warrior Woman.

Something I noticed. Nuklo's entry doesn't mention he was apparently lost when the Vanguard was destroyed in Thunderbolts.

Stuart V
Jul 19, 2011, 11:56 am

Eduardo M. wrote:

Something I noticed. Nuklo's entry doesn't mention he was apparently lost when the Vanguard was destroyed in Thunderbolts.

Yes. That's an unfortunate omission. Thanks for pointing it out; we'll fix that when and if the entry gets reprinted.

Phoenixx9
Sep 16, 2011, 01:01 pm

I was reviewing Warrior Woman's entry and I had 2 questions regarding her costumes:

I originally only thought Julia had 2 costumes, her original black one, to which she returned to and is featured in this HB, and the second, updated black one upon her revival to the modern era. However, in this HB, I learned of 2 more costumes.

1) It mentions WW sporting a temporary new look called her African Costume (and from a picture opposite page, I would guess it is the one with her with short, blonde hair and two large red Nazi symbols over her bossoms?). Does anyone know in which comic this was in? Also what year did this comic come out? I don't seem to recall that appearance.

2) On the last page it shows WW's gray Axis Mundi costume, which seems partially similar to Wonder Woman's costume with the head-piece, wrist bands, belt and is that an eagle on her chest? I dont' recall seeing Warrior Woman wearing that AM costume, only her original black one. In which issues did she wear this outfit and in what year was this story out?

Thanks.

Stuart V
Sep 16, 2011, 01:53 pm

Phoenixx9 wrote:

I was reviewing Warrior Woman's entry and I had 2 questions regarding her costumes:

I originally only thought Julia had 2 costumes, her original black one, to which she returned to and is featured in this HB, and the second, updated black one upon her revival to the modern era. However, in this HB, I learned of 2 more costumes.

1) It mentions WW sporting a temporary new look called her African Costume (and from a picture opposite page, I would guess it is the one with her with short, blonde hair and two large red Nazi symbols over her bossoms?). Does anyone know in which comic this was in? Also what year did this comic come out? I don't seem to recall that appearance.

She wore this outfit, proving that her normal costume could be considered classy by comparison, in Black Panther #21 (December 2006).

Phoenixx9 wrote:

2) On the last page it shows WW's gray Axis Mundi costume, which seems partially similar to Wonder Woman's costume with the head-piece, wrist bands, belt and is that an eagle on her chest? I dont' recall seeing Warrior Woman wearing that AM costume, only her original black one. In which issues did she wear this outfit and in what year was this story out?

She wore this costume in New Invaders #2, 3 and 6 (2004-2005).

Phoenixx9
Sep 16, 2011, 02:08 pm

Many thanks Stuart.

My photostream (over 7.5 million photos!)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24917258@N05/

Board footera